The Drop in Centre

54 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Oh my.  I had never considered you with long hair vibes.  

You would be right, normally. i have always had short hair.. it got kind of ignored between February and now cuz of my health issues and Michael's dad passing. Michael sent me off today to get it sorted. i'm glad it's shorter now. lol 

i read something once from a mom, who said, kids need to make choices, and if they choose longer hair or a weird style, then i let them do it... hair is their personal choice and can always be fixed. She said, i pick my battles, and hair is an easy one.

Mine was annoying and a pain to wash and yeah, wasn't sad to see it go.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

You would be right, normally. i have always had short hair.. it got kind of ignored between February and now cuz of my health issues and Michael's dad passing. Michael sent me off today to get it sorted. i'm glad it's shorter now. lol 

i read something once from a mom, who said, kids need to make choices, and if they choose longer hair or a weird style, then i let them do it... hair is their personal choice and can always be fixed. She said, i pick my battles, and hair is an easy one.

Mine was annoying and a pain to wash and yeah, wasn't sad to see it go.

I don't know why people get so hung up on hair. Last year I made my first appointment with an actual hair dresser for only the 2nd time since we moved to Florida. (I cut my own). When I went in for the cut, I told the guy to cut it short. He asked me if I was sure.  Umm.. yeah. He chopped off 14 inches. I didn't bat an eye. Went from long hair halfway down my back to an almost pixie cut. 

I'm sure you look great. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

You would be right, normally. i have always had short hair.. it got kind of

That's my philosophy too.  I don't have to like his hair.  It's his. 

Same with clothes. I don't purchase clothing with nasty or snarky jokes on them.  But out of what I buy, he  is free to make his own choices.  We rarely do anything where formal clothes is required lol 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

That's my philosophy too.  I don't have to like his hair.  It's his. 

Same with clothes. I don't purchase clothing with nasty or snarky jokes on them.  But out of what I buy, he  is free to make his own choices.  We rarely do anything where formal clothes is required lol 

My younger son has done long-ish, he's had a Mohawk, he went bleach blonde. He even shaved himself bald. It was his only regret. Lol. It looked horrible for a few weeks until it grew out. He probably won't do that again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Morning all, hope everyone is well.

Well it's been an eventfull week for me.

Well as you all know I had a job that I really enjoyed. This all changed approx 4 weeks ago. We had a change of Manager, the new one being a first class b***h. Within days she cut my hrs from enough for us to live on by approx 70%. All this caused problems at home, because I became stressed, argumentative and worried about how we are going to live.

Well to cut things short, Mark made me go to Dr's because I became unhappy and unbearable to live with. Upon seeing the Dr, I was immediately signed off work with Stress and Depression.

After just 1 week at home, things are much  better. Just need to find a new job.

Things are back to normal with me and Mark.

Hence  why I've not been around much, sorry for unloading my problems 😅 

So, sorry to hear that. No wonder you were stressed. Geez, how can they just make changes like that. I'm sure the manager had all her hours!  Glad the doctor stepped in to help you. Best of luck with your job search.

You can share your feelings whenever you want to, chris. xoxox

• Love 4
On 9/23/2023 at 3:38 AM, chris191070 said:

Just need to find a new job.

You will probably not be the only person looking for a new job, if the change in management style was that extreme.  Not a good way to start out as a manager. 😟

• Love 4
On 9/23/2023 at 4:38 AM, chris191070 said:

Well it's been an eventfull week for me.

Well as you all know I had a job that I really enjoyed. This all changed approx 4 weeks ago. We had a change of Manager, the new one being a first class b***h. Within days she cut my hrs from enough for us to live on by approx 70%. All this caused problems at home, because I became stressed, argumentative and worried about how we are going to live.

Well to cut things short, Mark made me go to Dr's because I became unhappy and unbearable to live with. Upon seeing the Dr, I was immediately signed off work with Stress and Depression.

After just 1 week at home, things are much  better. Just need to find a new job.

Things are back to normal with me and Mark.

Hence  why I've not been around much, sorry for unloading my problems 😅 

Those are horrendous circumstances to work under. It's good that you're not dealing with them anymore. We're all sending positive thoughts your way. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I'm happy to be in my happy place but a little sad because my son and daughter-in-law left to move on to the next part of their vacation. They're exploring some of Maine and then Boston for a couple of days. But at least we'll see them in December. 

Went to the Big E yesterday (huge New England fair) it was just as I remembered. It was drizzly so the crowds weren't too bad. 

I hope everyone has a good day!

• Love 5
23 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

popping in to say hello

starting to feel more like myself

see you again soon

i'm glad to hear you're feeling better .. you are missed xoxo

• Love 4
20 hours ago, kbois said:

I'm happy to be in my happy place but a little sad because my son and daughter-in-law left to move on to the next part of their vacation. They're exploring some of Maine and then Boston for a couple of days. But at least we'll see them in December. 

Went to the Big E yesterday (huge New England fair) it was just as I remembered. It was drizzly so the crowds weren't too bad. 

I hope everyone has a good day!

Glad you're are enjoying your holiday!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/22/2023 at 3:07 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Going good, Starry!  Got a haircut finally ... it was waaaay too long.. i don't suit ponytails or man buns..lol 

Hope you are well. 

I went through a monumental life change over the summer, and I just stopped caring what I look like. Turns out, letting my hair and beard just grow freely...gave me the freedom to accept and love myself as who I am and begin rebuilding. I have no idea how long I'll let them get, but since they grow so slowly, I've a long way to go before I even need to care. I do agree with the comment about washing my hair, but I've just made it a part of my daily morning routine. I don't shower every day because I live in a cool climate and rarely exert myself enough to sweat, so I wash it in the kitchen sink while my tea is brewing, and I'm set for the day in three or four minutes (drying does take a while longer). I have begun experimenting with a ponytail of sorts, but it's still too short to look very good. Letting go of one thing that boxed me in has proven to be quite liberating!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Tim Hobson said:

I have begun experimenting with a ponytail of sorts, but it's still too short to look very good. Letting go of one thing that boxed me in has proven to be quite liberating!

All of that is cool as long as you're feeling good and not depressed. Lots of depressed people stop caring about their physical self, but that doesn't sound like you really.  i hope you find your preferred hair length!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Feeling much better. Not found a new job yet, but I've signed up to a Catering Agency so I'll get plenty of work, which I get to pick and choose when and where I work.

Hope everyone is well.

This sounds like a really good thing for you. Hopefully, it takes some of the financial pressures off and allows you to go at your own pace. Maybe you can make some new connections that lead you back into a restaurant kitchen so you can do your chef magic.  

• Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..