Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 hour ago, kbois said:

I'm not sure how reliable this is but it may help. I also don't know how any physician or pharmacist could NOT know whether or not a vaccine was allergy safe. That's ridiculous. 

https://allergyasthmanetwork.org/ask-the-allergist/egg-allergy-and-covid-vaccine/#:~:text=The COVID-19 vaccines authorized,you're allergic to egg.

Yay! Finally an answer. I am still skipping the flu based on my allergist saying no and the Vax company themselves saying egg allergic peeps should not, but covid Vax here I come!

• Love 4

• Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Does anyone know if covid vaccines are cultured in egg albumin like flu shots are? 

I just asked google that question, and the answer is no, they are not according to very reputable looking organizations/websites. 

I’m thinking pharmacists should know this, because it seems pretty rudimentary knowledge to me

• Love 2

If anyone is watching the skies tonight to see the witch fly over the moon, I'm sorry but it is way to cold for me to climb on my broom just to make my yearly flight over the moon, catch me next year. Love to you all.........

• Love 4

2 hours ago, 1brokNangel said:

If anyone is watching the skies tonight to see the witch fly over the moon, I'm sorry but it is way to cold for me to climb on my broom just to make my yearly flight over the moon, catch me next year. Love to you all.........

Fine but i still have last year's photo!   image.png.0aede3ba9853a56edffe8184e1f91e5f.png

• Haha 5

Hope everyone is well.

I had an eventful weekend, involving a trip to hospital, mild concussion and 4 stitches in a head wound (only an epileptic seizure).

All good know (stitches for 10-14 days).

• Wow 3
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hope everyone is well.

I had an eventful weekend, involving a trip to hospital, mild concussion and 4 stitches in a head wound (only an epileptic seizure).

Hope that you're O.K. and are recovering. Take it easy and let your husband spoil you. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hope everyone is well.

eeks!  take it easy, chris.  Get well soon!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Feeling A LOT better today thanks. They are saying here that we will have annual covid shots, like we do for flu shots.  We had them both on Thursday... but feeling pretty good today.

SP and I both work at University -- so it's a giant petri dish.  Last time I told a new nurse where I worked her response was, "Oh. That's like asking one of us."

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

hi, long time missing but things have been rough. 4 weeks ago i was working and just fine. Mid afternoon my leg started to give pain called doctor left message. Went on with my day and no relief. Went home and could i hardly stand it. So decided to go to urgent care and he told me sit down. He said you need to the hospital ASAP I said huh? The doc told me I had infection which was causing all my pain. So off i went to the ER and they were waiting on me. went in immediately and was told thank goodness you came you have a blood infection that needs meds. Spent 2 1/2 weeks in hospital getting rid of this. Now in rehabilitation hospital due to leg issues that need to be addressed. 

On the road to recovery. 

Hope everyone is doing great.

Take care 

Glad to here you are on the road to recovery. Take care and look after yourself.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
56 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

On the road to recovery. 

Take care 

Sorry you had to go through all that, but I’m glad to hear it was caught in time and you’re on the mend. 

Take care, rick. 

• Love 3

On 11/12/2023 at 9:00 AM, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

hi, long time missing but things have been rough. 4 weeks ago i was working and just fine. Mid afternoon my leg started to give pain called doctor left message. Went on with my day and no relief. Went home and could i hardly stand it. So decided to go to urgent care and he told me sit down. He said you need to the hospital ASAP I said huh? The doc told me I had infection which was causing all my pain. So off i went to the ER and they were waiting on me. went in immediately and was told thank goodness you came you have a blood infection that needs meds. Spent 2 1/2 weeks in hospital getting rid of this. Now in rehabilitation hospital due to leg issues that need to be addressed. 

On the road to recovery. 

Take care 

Wow rick. So glad you went in for urgent help. You take care and keep on, my friend!  We're all here rooting for you! xo

• Love 3

image.png.4fc25a73c4b4fbbfca4705175aa04628.png

Hmm, posted this and then really looked at it. Why is it a pic with a guy jumping off a cliff, very odd.

Anyway. Have a good whatever day it is. Take care.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 2

On 11/12/2023 at 9:26 AM, chris191070 said:

Glad to here you are on the road to recovery. Take care and look after yourself.

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Wow rick. So glad you went in for urgent help. You take care and keep on, my friend!  We're all here rooting for you! xo

On 11/12/2023 at 9:58 AM, Reader1810 said:

Sorry you had to go through all that, but I’m glad to hear it was caught in time and you’re on the mend. 

Take care, rick. 

Thanks all for all the good wishes

• Love 3

When the lab I worked in closed operations in my state and moved to Massachusetts I was given the option of relocating, but hubby's job was such that we could afford for me to stay home with Wings, then 8 years old. Plan was to collect unemployment, banking the money while I adjusted the budget to fit the lower income, giving me a cushions if I screwed up. Problem was I did not plan for being occupied while she was at school. I quickly caught up on all the little things that slide when you are a parent AND working full time, then started going bananas about 5 months into "stay at home mom".

Find things you want to do NOW before you hit that point. Make a to try or to do list! Have plans! I am much happier home, ( two additional careers and retirements later) but enjoy alone at home time more when I have a needlework project, book, or cooking project waiting on me.

Edit to add: Of course you all know I now run the horse trailer business, so that does fill a lot of time.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.0b0c1d471638bf115af1e54db03173db.png

Today's little motivational pic is very true. Since i stopped working in September (other than the stuff Dan has me doing daily - slave driver!) i noticed the days just go by. i just do things i enjoy or need to be done around the house. i wonder if we are supposed to feel badly about that?

i do struggle a little with, i guess you'd call it mild guilt that others are going out to a job daily. That's lessening now though. i have noticed that i sleep much better than i ever have. i don't find myself awake with thoughts of customers in my head anymore. That's such a relief.

Have a good day everyone.

tim, glad you doing better. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..