The Drop in Centre

16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

socks and layers ... Michael gave me his older cardigan which i hide in... it's warm in here.  Right, time for soup!

Yeah... wrapping something around you  a dozen times will do the trick. Lol

My MIL has a habit of gifting me cold weather gear at Christmas every year. Now while I have no use for a scarf/knitted hat combo or a chenille poncho thing, you bet your butt I'm wearing the thick faux sheep's wool nonskid slipper socks she gave me last year!

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, kbois said:

hahaa, i'm not a pencil.. it only goes around 3ish times.. haha

• Haha 4

We could do with a tad less rain around here. Just about every river in NJ is over flood stage. Most had just crested and barely started receeding after last Tuesday's 3+ inches and last night we got 2" more, so rivers are heading up again. My place is on a creek, but water would need to rise 40' to get to me.

• Wow 3
3 hours ago, kbois said:

My MIL has a habit of gifting me cold weather gear at Christmas every year. Now while I have no use for a scarf/knitted hat combo or a chenille poncho thing, you bet your butt I'm wearing the thick faux sheep's wool nonskid slipper socks she gave me last year!

Love my cabin socks! 2 layers, faux sheep fleece inside, knit outer with no slip stickies on the sole.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Wayne Gray said:

We recently got him a white-erase board with fun markers and little colourful magnets for his fridge. As he runs out of stuff or notices he's low on something, he's supposed to write it on the board for our shopping trip. I noticed today when I was over there that he's using it, so maybe it'll help. I'm just glad he's using it.

hopefully .. i like lists because then i know what i want and i don't have to 'shop' (wander around) unless i want to. hmm, a white board may be helpful for us .. i will look into that. There's always things you run out of and i say, oh we'll need to get more and forget by the time i make to a piece of paper...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

hopefully .. i like lists because then i know what i want and i don't have to 'shop' (wander around) unless i want to. hmm, a white board may be helpful for us .. i will look into that. There's always things you run out of and i say, oh we'll need to get more and forget by the time i make to a piece of paper...lol

Me and Hubby have a whiteboard. I'm always forgetting to use it, but Hubby is good at using it. So we're always running out of things that I've used and not written on it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I was so flipping excited to get my Dyson vacuum.  I was moving furniture and finding things to vacuum lol 

I used to have one of those. They're fantastic if you have pets. Now that I don't have rugs anymore, I can't live without my Bissell Crosswave. Vacuums and mops at the same time...... yeah, it's the little things that makes us happy. 😆 

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
58 minutes ago, kbois said:

I used to have one of those. They're fantastic if you have pets. Now that I don't have rugs anymore, I can't live without my Bissell Crosswave. Vacuums and mops at the same time...... yeah, it's the little things that makes us happy. 😆 

I love my Bissel Powerclean Ion Pet (though I don’t have a pet) because the filter is so easy to clean compared to filters of old. Vacuuming used to be the one chore I hated the most, but not anymore. :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I was so flipping excited to get my Dyson vacuum.  I was moving furniture and finding things to vacuum lol 

We have one, it's great and still great at 10 plus years old. It was a wedding present. Scary what come outta the carpet!

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Wait till you guys are over 60!  The silliest things amuse me.  There is a farm near my daughter's house that has emu. They make me think of giant walking feather dusters! Think Plumette from Beauty & The Beast. Wings will regularly take that road even tho it's a bit out of the way, just to make me smile.

Awww.  That would be cool to see though.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..