The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Did you use a sugar substitute? 

What kind of flour? Chickpea, perhaps? The internet says it’s versatile and a good substitute for ap flour. Then again, so is almond flour. 

I’m feeling the need to makes this, though not with walnuts, because me and walnuts don’t get along. 

no.. i used white and whole wheat flour .. and 1/2 reg sugar and the rest was splenda brown.. i used pecans.  They came out beautifully..

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

no.. i used white and whole wheat flour .. and 1/2 reg sugar and the rest was splenda brown.. i used pecans.  They came out beautifully..

Substitutes sound good, and pecans and I get along, so that’s another plus. :D 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Substitutes sound good, and pecans and I get along, so that’s another plus. :D 

it's very nice this cake.. i think Dan put in the zest of a full orange because we didn't make the glaze.. so it's very orangey.  The dates were iranian ones.. lovely dates.. i get the ones with pits and remove them myself because they are usually nicer.. don't forget to dredge them with flour.  but it's such nice cake.

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

it's very nice this cake.. i think Dan put in the zest of a full orange because we didn't make the glaze.. so it's very orangey.  The dates were iranian ones.. lovely dates.. i get the ones with pits and remove them myself because they are usually nicer.. don't forget to dredge them with flour.  but it's such nice cake.

Good to know about the zest, because I wondered about that. 

Date squares are a favourite of mine, so I’m sure I’ll like this cake. Hmm…maybe I should buy enough dates to make some squares.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

That sounds yummy. I love pecans x

All this talk of cake at 7am is making me hungry 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

That sounds yummy. I love pecans x

All this talk of cake at 7am is making me hungry 😆 

bake one! :D

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Good to know about the zest, because I wondered about that. 

Date squares are a favourite of mine, so I’m sure I’ll like this cake. Hmm…maybe I should buy enough dates to make some squares.

i love date squares but have never made them ... maybe i should! 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 3

Happy Tuesday!  Hope everyone has a great rest of the week! Oh and BTW, it is National Muffin Day in the USA .. but we can pretend it is here too. Make some muffins today... please note that Red Velvet and Vanilla are cupcakes and not muffins. Thank you.  Please return to our regular scheduled programming.  :D

image.png.080ee789ee9b778ce52798955b493278.png

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

I survived day one! This week is going to be mostly computer-based training. So in other words... eye strain and a tight neck.

So far everything is good. It's nice to be working again. Involuntary unemployment is not good for one's mental health!

Have a great day everyone!

Enjoy your training x

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, kbois said:

I survived day one! This week is going to be mostly computer-based training. So in other words... eye strain and a tight neck.

So far everything is good. It's nice to be working again. Involuntary unemployment is not good for one's mental health!

Go get 'em.  Have a great day!!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

still cake.. not a muffin ..but enjoy them anyway..

Yeah.. I agree. 

When I used to take my mom to breakfast on Sundays she always wanted a chocolate muffin. She'd be bummed when they were out. 

It was cake. Chocolate cake, pure and simple  but if a 80-something year old lady wants chocolate cake for breakfast ... she gets cake. Let's call it a muffin and let her be. Lol

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, kbois said:

Yeah.. I agree. 

When I used to take my mom to breakfast on Sundays she always wanted a chocolate muffin. She'd be bummed when they were out. 

It was cake. Chocolate cake, pure and simple  but if a 80-something year old lady wants chocolate cake for breakfast ... she gets cake. Let's call it a muffin and let her be. Lol

Whatever works.. i'll happily eat cake for breakfast... i'm having a paczki for lunch.

• Love 1
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, kbois said:

Yay to surviving the day, so you want to go back for day two and beyond. 

• Love 2

Good morning!  Hope everyone is doing well.

I am doing okay. It's warmer and the sun is shining out there.  i'm feeling a little bored and restless for some reason.  Not enough to do .. hand issues make knitting sessions short, but i can still get some done.   Then hand issues make everything harder. I motor through most things, or have to wait while someone helps me. Typing isn't too bad. So write you say?  I would if my hands could dig something worthwhile out of my brain... LOL 

Anyhow, whatever you get up to today.. enjoy it! 

image.png.9b844ee325deaffb66d138f63e41e7d5.png

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Coming Soon ...  Special Circumstances .. a new book by @lawfulneutralmage

I hope you guys will watch for it and give this new author's story a try!

This is the police story you edited, right?  I'll read that. Let me know when it's posted pls.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Will do!!

I think the list is growing. I'll get on it too. Lol. 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..