The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

20 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hey all! 

It's a hot one and today we have the FIRST FOOTBALL GAME 🏈 of the season for younger son

I'm pretty excited.  

How was the game? And how did he do? Was he happy? 

• Love 2

Good morning...Happy Civic Holiday if you call it that and/or celebrate it.  :D  And there's this....

image.png.65388d319f4c0e952f89769d57d06273.png

Have a terrific Monday!

• Love 3

Posted (edited)

HAPPY TUESDAY! Today is Andy Warhol's birthday. Yes, he was odd, but also very talented and interesting. I've watched a couple of documentaries about him. They're worth watching if you have a little interest in him.

Have a good one!

image.png.3c8005b096b0175667c20447c3c299b0.png

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 3

Happy Wednesday! Let's all welcome @DamnDogs to the DiC!  I hope he comes to chat with us. Have a great day everyone!!

image.png.65639a964e0a3a8d0e8b1647125c052f.png

• Love 4

21 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends. 

just wanted to stop in and say i am ok just living in a construction zone. We are getting a new Roof and a new water line from the city. If that isn’t enough they have the street   tore up replacing gas lines that have been in the ground since 1930. So it’s been mud / noise. 

Take care stay cool 

Good grief! That's a lot all at once.  I hope you are feeling a bit better, rick. Hopefully, the construction ends soon!

• Love 4

2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Tim, thanks for asking about my health yes i am feeling better. Still dealing with dressing changed. Looks like another week if it stays dry. The worst thing is the heat they start very early to beat if 7 am the noise starts. 

i understand. It is hot and people need to get the jobs done. Still, it's hard to take all of that at 7am.  I hope they are done soon!

• Love 3

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Solus Magus said:

Hi all,

I have been gone for quite some time. How is everyone?

Hi Solus, it’s good to see you!

*waves*

Just got back from grocery shopping, and it’s been cooler the past couple of days, so that’s been a nice change from the heat. 

I hope you’ve been keeping well. :) 

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Solus Magus said:

Hi all,

I have been gone for quite some time. How is everyone?

Hey you! Good to see you. Hope you're doing okay!! :) 

• Love 3

2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Hi Solus, it’s good to see you!

*waves*

Just got back from grocery shopping, and it’s been cooler the past couple of days, so that’s been a nice change from the heat. 

I hope you’ve been keeping well. :) 

Grocery shopping is fun when it's not gonna make you all too sweaty lmaoo!

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hey you! Good to see you. Hope you're doing okay!! :) 

Yea, doing good. Just passing by before I get kidnapped by life again. I hope everything is fine on your end!

• Love 4

4 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Grocery shopping is fun when it's not gonna make you all too sweaty lmaoo!

Yea, doing good. Just passing by before I get kidnapped by life again. I hope everything is fine on your end!

Yeah, things are good, thanks.  :)  Always nice to see you!!

• Love 3

On 8/5/2024 at 9:20 AM, Mikiesboy said:

How was the game? And how did he do? Was he happy? 

It is as great thank you!  

His team won and he had 2 great tackles!! He was happy with how it went 

• Love 5

2 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hope he has a good season and his team keep winning.

• Love 4

6 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

That's great! As chris said, i  hope he enjoys the season.

• Love 4

• Site Moderator
6 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

That’s terrific! I bet he was so proud - as he should be - of himself. 

• Love 4

17 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

Just passing by before I get kidnapped by life again. 

I know the feeling.

Lots of rain here today and under a flood watch.  I believe we have Debby to thank for this one.

• Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 3

21 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Glad to hear that---Congrats!  :)

My son got home from ballet training on Saturday. Just a few more weeks, and then it's back to school. Sometimes, I can't believe how quickly kids grow up. He'll be a teenager next year.  :o

• Love 4

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2024 at 8:58 AM, CassieQ said:

I know the feeling.

Lots of rain here today and under a flood watch.  I believe we have Debby to thank for this one.

We've had some heavy rain they say is the tail end of Debby sharing with us all. I can do without the sub tropical humidity. Ugh.

In other news, it is Friday. So, have a good one of those!

image.png.d62e52e4713e3cc2b1f2a3a3dffd3bc3.png

Also:

image.png.a3e7d5560a570803a0025e483a644c99.png  Read something...preferably a book and not a cereal box, though cereal boxes have some good info sometimes! :)

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 4

Okay, we are five years late, but if you haven't watched Kingdom, watch it. It may be five years old, but it doesn't matter, as it is set in 17th-century Korea. Yes, it's a zombie show, but it is so much more. We are all absolutely loving this amazing story/show. The acting is great, the writing is, too, and I love the costumes. And the zombies are not what you're used to.

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80180171

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

We've had some heavy rain they say is the tail end of Debby sharing with us all. I can do without the sub tropical humidity. Ugh.

In other news, it is Friday. So, have a good one of those!

This morning it was 76% humidity indoors and we got an inch and one-half of rain shortly after 6:30 a.m.  Debby has moved on it looks like, and I really hope she’s gone for good. 

It has cooled off now, and I hope that is the case for you as well. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Ladies and gents, PLEASE if the opportunity ever comes up, tell your friends and acquaintances to give horse trailers extra room! We leave larger stopping distance for a reason!  We have 1200 pound animals balancing on what amounts to 1 sq foot of floor when you add up all 4 feet. Cutting in front of us because "there is plenty of room" then slowing forces us to brake harder than is good for the horse. 

Last night I was on an emergency transport at 1 am with a colicky and heavily sedated horse when an idiot decided to pass me on the interstate, cut in front leaving less room than he should have, and then braked hard to get back down to the speed limit. I then had to listen to hubby curse at the guy for 5 miles. Not that I wasn't thinking the same things, but hey, why should I have to hear it if the idiot could not?

• Wow 5

On 8/9/2024 at 8:29 PM, Reader1810 said:

This morning it was 76% humidity indoors and we got an inch and one-half of rain shortly after 6:30 a.m.  Debby has moved on it looks like, and I really hope she’s gone for good. 

It has cooled off now, and I hope that is the case for you as well. 

Seems ol Deb stuck around until today.. geez   I was so cold last night i had to put socks on.. and today. lol

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

15 hours ago, Kitt said:

Ladies and gents, PLEASE if the opportunity ever comes up, tell your friends and acquaintances to give horse trailers extra room! We leave larger stopping distance for a reason!  We have 1200 pound animals balancing on what amounts to 1 sq foot of floor when you add up all 4 feet. Cutting in front of us because "there is plenty of room" then slowing forces us to brake harder than is good for the horse. 

Last night I was on an emergency transport at 1 am with a colicky and heavily sedated horse when an idiot decided to pass me on the interstate, cut in front leaving less room than he should have, and then braked hard to get back down to the speed limit. I then had to listen to hubby curse at the guy for 5 miles. Not that I wasn't thinking the same things, but hey, why should I have to hear it if the idiot could not?

Oh boy, sorry to hear, Kitt. I will remind people i know!  Hope the sick horse was okay.

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..