Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

That is disgusting. If a male teacher suggested such a thing he'd be drawn and quartered. Sick. 

At this point in time, I think any teacher would be crucified for suggesting such a thing.  This was on the order of fifty years ago.  Times have changed, and in this case for the better.  I found it disgusting at the time.  First, it was outside my conservative upbringing.  Second, I was still trying to understand my own own sexuality, and I was essentially asexual in practice.  Given earlier knowledge of what was going on, I would have dropped the class immediately.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Cognac 69 comes to mind immediately.  As I think of others I will PM you.

His was done yesterday. 

I got the update notices when they were done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

At this point in time, I think any teacher would be crucified for suggesting such a thing.  This was on the order of fifty years ago.  Times have changed, and in this case for the better.  I found it disgusting at the time.  First, it was outside my conservative upbringing.  Second, I was still trying to understand my own own sexuality, and I was essentially asexual in practice.  Given earlier knowledge of what was going on, I would have dropped the class immediately.

well i'm not sure why, but i often read about female teachers having it away with 15 yr boys ... but they are never punished really.  Men on the other hand .. are treated much worse.

• Like 3

I told you all that the model I use for one of my characters lives in Isreal. The is insane...

I need to remember this the next time I think I'm having a bad day.

EDIT: Removed the picture as it may cross the political line.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Interesting to note, I just started reading a story and one of the MC’s is a young man named Tim. I’m finding my mind being tripped up by the capital T. It seems wrong to spell it that way...there’s just something about “tim” that is just right and as it should be. :)  

awww ... schucks, Reader xo

• Like 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

My eyes are watering and squinty meaning it’s time to step away from the keyboard.

Good night everyone...

Sleep Well, Reader.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

well i'm not sure why, but i often read about female teachers having it away with 15 yr boys ... but they are never punished really.  Men on the other hand .. are treated much worse.

A careful study would be required, and over time.  One data point I know concerning male teachers is 25 years in the past concerning a local HS teacher/coach who got away with quite a bit with female students.  Everything was swept under the rug when the administration got suspicious, and he quietly quit and went on to another career.  It all came out when he was accused of raping one of his employees and more of his former students came forward.  The only data point I have for female HS teachers with male students is also local but very old, and it supports your hypothesis.  However, my situation was at the college level, and I wonder if the level of tolerance would be different both then and now since one is dealing with (presumably) consenting adults.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

A careful study would be required, and over time.  One data point I know concerning male teachers is 25 years in the past concerning a local HS teacher/coach who got away with quite a bit with female students.  Everything was swept under the rug when the administration got suspicious, and he quietly quit and went on to another career.  It all came out when he was accused of raping one of his employees and more of his former students came forward.  The only data point I have for female HS teachers with male students is also local but very old, and it supports your hypothesis.  However, my situation was at the college level, and I wonder if the level of tolerance would be different both then and now since one is dealing with (presumably) consenting adults.

however being told your grades would be/could have been better if you 'worked something out' doesn't sound quite right.  sounds like the casting couch to me.  i know a lot about trading sex for a lot of things, money, drugs, food, a bed ... there's a name for that and in most places it's not legal, at the very least it is sexual harassment.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

image.png.edee0241703f9061a8db3667c7655354.png

i am happy and i am very happy it is nearly Thursday.  i will be ecstatic once my pain meds kick in ... Have a brilliant day.

Here is an interesting article if you are trying to lose weight ... i am not but for a number of reasons i should exercise more. However, this was very interesting to read:

https://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

And ....  it is ...........

image.png.c9683162b6a1d09bfd053d6c00fb6818.png  yay!  Actually it's pretty but it's sticking... so the, to wear boots or not to wear boots question has been resolved. 

I guess you're wearing the boots, I'd be out making snow angels, lol

• Like 5

Just now, cognacjnr said:

I guess you're wearing the boots, I'd be out making snow angels, lol

no time for that ... have to get my ass to work

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Good morning all... 

Wanted to say hello before I left.  

Been fighting a headache that just does not want to stay gone.

Hope you’re all doing well.. Have a good day.. :) 

I hope the headache passes soon, take care

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..