The Drop in Centre

2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Saw this on Amazon when I was looking for something else. I don't even know what it is (it looks like a kids spinning top to me lol), so I don't think I need one....

1835624809_ScreenShot2019-02-16at5_37_34PM.png.5b13b7a3bea0fc30024c771cdf799918.png

oh i like that.. :D 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Saw this on Amazon when I was looking for something else. I don't even know what it is (it looks like a kids spinning top to me lol), so I don't think I need one....

1835624809_ScreenShot2019-02-16at5_37_34PM.png.5b13b7a3bea0fc30024c771cdf799918.png

it's a cooking vessel Reader, for Indian food, or clay pot cooking

not something i'm familiar with making, but i have seen these

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Definitely something to cook in. However, I too, thought of the vintage spinning tops when I first glanced at your post.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

agreed Sir

i remember being punished as a child

it usually just made me angrier, lash out harder

discipline now, in my world, makes me want to be better, try harder

Punishing children, be it physically or verbally, is harmful and doesn't work.

I've had the discussion too many times, about beating one's children... People I know who think that's okay, saying, 'I was beaten as a child and I turned out okay.' No. If you think it's okay to beat children, you most decidedly did not turn out okay.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yes i know what it is.. middle eastern/turkey ..  makes great stew.. its design allows you to cook with very little added liquid.. like in the desert.

and here i thought it was Indian, thanks tim!

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

back in a bit  .. dinner time. 

enjoy dinner

xo

• Like 3
Just now, Reader1810 said:

The sun is setting causing the air to chill - or maybe it's just me drinking refrigerated water - so I'm off to brew some hot chocolate. See you laterz...

Ooh, hot chocolate... Wish we weren't nearly out of milk now... Will have to make do with tea.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

hehe watching the Parks and Recreation  gay penguin episode ... and the boys from the Bulge Bar ... i love it ..  

We've been watching The Expanse. Three episodes to go of season 3... So we'll be all ready when season 4 comes out. :) 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Discipline is teaching through wisdom. Punishment is teaching through abuse.

These 2 simple sentences have been rolling around in my head for a couple of weeks. I wrote them as part of an email response to someone regarding The Process of Learning. I'm thinking there is a longer essay to be expounded on here. Thoughts?

I think you should write a longer piece. I'd be very interested to read it. 

The first sentence I'd agree with. Punishment I don't believe in, either verbal or physical. Anger has no place in a scene or play. I'd love to read more, frankly it would be nice to have to opportunity to discuss our Lifestyle. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..