goodnight Michael Sir and Mac Sir

good night friends, see you tomorrow

the light is in the window for those still out and about

1421780121_lampinwindow.jpg.d26364498bf56167d9ae7fee99d16f4b.jpg

Goodnight, molly! :) 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
39 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Wow, didn't realise how late it's gotten... Goodnight, DiC. See you tomorrow! :hug:

This seems to be a pattern with you Thorn, do we need to, perhaps, buy you a better clock?  Could be...

Good night and happy dreams...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
49 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

can't go to bed yet, but i'm going to give my eyes a rest

goodnight Michael Sir and Mac Sir

good night friends, see you tomorrow

the light is in the window for those still out and about

Good night and happy dreams when the time comes, molly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2-601530187-6-600005894-600010528-17b302

Merriam-Webster  

WORD OF THE DAY
February 17, 2019

disavow Audio pronunciation

verb | dis-uh-VOW  

Definition

:
to deny responsibility for : repudiate

:
to refuse to acknowledge or accept : disclaim

Now, you can listen to the little pronunciation thingy above or you can watch below and listen to the best way to hear this word.  I love this show... yes before my 'time' but there are reruns...and i love it:

If you trace the etymology of disavow back through Middle English to Anglo-French, you'll arrive eventually at the prefix des- and the verb avouer, meaning "to avow." The prefix des-, in turn, derives from the Latin prefix dis-, meaning "apart." That Latin prefix plays a significant role in many current English words, including disadvantage, disappoint, and disagree. Avouer is from Latin advocare, meaning "to summon," and is also the source of our word advocate.

• Love 5

Morning, DiC! :hug: That's a great word, tim.

7 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

This seems to be a pattern with you Thorn, do we need to, perhaps, buy you a better clock?  Could be...

Good night and happy dreams...

Yeah... Boyfriend was like, how can you lose track of time sitting on your laptop when you've literally got it right in the top right corner of the screen? We both need to sort out our sleep schedules, though. Maybe the whole thing will be easier once he gets a job.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Good morning, subs and DiCkies. Went for a run early, had some productive writing thoughts while hitting the pavement (in part thanks to tim). Now going to make some breakfast and jot those thoughts on paper before I attend to other tasks.  

Hope it's a good/productive day for everyone. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Good morning, subs and DiCkies. Went for a run early, had some productive writing thoughts while hitting the pavement (in part thanks to tim). Now going to make some breakfast and jot those thoughts on paper before I attend to other tasks.  

Hi, Mac. Sounds like a very productive morning! :) 

I've been writing too. Just finished a very dramatic and slightly violent coming out scene for Storms, so kind of emotionally drained now... Those are always the hardest ones.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hi, Mac. Sounds like a very productive morning! :) 

I've been writing too. Just finished a very dramatic and slightly violent coming out scene for Storms, so kind of emotionally drained now... Those are always the hardest ones.

Emotional chapters are certainly draining. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning, DiC! :hug: That's a great word, tim.

Yeah... Boyfriend was like, how can you lose track of time sitting on your laptop when you've literally got it right in the top right corner of the screen? We both need to sort out our sleep schedules, though. Maybe the whole thing will be easier once he gets a job.

Oh, I know how that’s possible. lol 

I don’t ever look at the time on my laptop because it’s so tiny and out of the way, so I bought a clock that sits under my desk lamp. Helps, if you notice the time hasn’t changed, though. Who knew batteries die? :whistle: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, MacGreg said:

sounds like a very positive start Sir

1 hour ago, MacGreg said:

Or read this article for a good chuckle. 

that was, um, enlightening, Sir :huh:

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

disavow Audio pronunciation

verb | dis-uh-VOW  

Definition  

:
to deny responsibility for : repudiate

:
to refuse to acknowledge or accept : disclaim

what a great word!

5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Now, you can listen to the little pronunciation thingy above or you can watch below and listen to the best way to hear this word.  I love this show... yes before my 'time' but there are reruns...and i love it:

and an even better way to hear it used in context

thanks tim!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..