The Drop in Centre

2 minutes ago, Marty said:

Go for it, Tim! :thumbup:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of comedy. As W. B. Yeats says: "For the world’s more full of weeping than you can understand."

i've written a good amount of comedy.. and i enjoy it.. readers too which is nice... and the point. LOL

• Like 3
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i had an idea on the way home ... i have been trying to write serious ... i am tired of serious..  time for some comedy ... not Faris and James.. sorry.. but something else...  i need to make some notes..     hehe

(rubs hand excitedly)

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i've written a good amount of comedy.. and i enjoy it.. readers too which is nice... and the point. LOL

yes, and you do it well!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thorn, 

I try to volunteer at a music festival here in my city each year, if you work 4 hours you can stay all day for free.  

That's how I'm hoping to see dashboard confessional.  I'm hoping I'll get chosen.  They tend to like older volunteers and ones who have done it before so I have 2 pluses hahaha 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i had an idea on the way home ... i have been trying to write serious ... i am tired of serious..  time for some comedy ... not Faris and James.. sorry.. but something else...  i need to make some notes..     hehe

Something new works for me. :D 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Thorn, 

I try to volunteer at a music festival here in my city each year, if you work 4 hours you can stay all day for free.  

That's how I'm hoping to see dashboard confessional.  I'm hoping I'll get chosen.  They tend to like older volunteers and ones who have done it before so I have 2 pluses hahaha 

Yeah, last year I was gonna volunteer at this festival, but then shit happened and I didn't get to do it, so I didn't get to see Fever Ray, and that kind of sucked. 

12 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I stand by pretty hate machine being an epic soundtrack for......activities.....

Under a Deftones song on YouTube I found the following amazing comment:

I used to like Deftones as background music during sex... Now I enjoy background sex during Deftones!

EDIT: If anyone's interested, it was the following song, which is really a very sexy song, I think:

Spoiler

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

So wonderful when you get to see bands you like. :) The Cure is coming to a festival here in Oslo this summer and I got myself a festival pass. So happy! :heart: 

The Cure are performing in Malahide Castle, Co. Dublin, in June. Almost €75 a ticket, though. I'll have to check out the two support bands (Ride, and The Twilight Centre) and decide if I'm prepared to pay that much... :unsure2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I'm not very good at writing comedy. Only comedy I've really written was my Jacob and Marcus Tales, and those relied heavily on creative swearing, while the stories themselves were actually fairly bleak... lol I think it's my Scandinavian sense of humour. This SATW comic is true. I'd love to take a crack at it again some day, though.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

What i've written isn't like roll on the floor stuff... Faris and James are a married couple and Faris is usually the one who does things. James is the straight man, so to speak..lol. Faris aggravates James and the chuckles come from that for the most part.  Faris is a very sexy plumber and James is a pharmacist. They have two funny dogs.. Larry and Francis.  There are 11 stories to date.   Ive written a number of amusing prompts, like BT in Space and a few other things. 

Sounds like fun. I should give them a read when I have a moment. :) When I try to write comedy it inevitably gets pretty dark... I often insert humour into my stories, but in the end I don't think I'm a very funny person, lol

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

What i've written isn't like roll on the floor stuff... Faris and James are a married couple and Faris is usually the one who does things. James is the straight man, so to speak..lol. Faris aggravates James and the chuckles come from that for the most part.  Faris is a very sexy plumber and James is a pharmacist. They have two funny dogs.. Larry and Francis.  There are 11 stories to date.   Ive written a number of amusing prompts, like BT in Space and a few other things. 

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Sounds like fun. I should give them a read when I have a moment. :) When I try to write comedy it inevitably gets pretty dark... I often insert humour into my stories, but in the end I don't think I'm a very funny person, lol

i highly recommend Faris and James!

they are a couple of guys you'd like to go have a meal and a drink with!  at times you wonder why in the heck James puts up with Faris, but then you realize that Faris puts up with James, so it's a wash! lol!

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I'm not very good at writing comedy. Only comedy I've really written was my Jacob and Marcus Tales, and those relied heavily on creative swearing, while the stories themselves were actually fairly bleak... lol I think it's my Scandinavian sense of humour. This SATW comic is true. I'd love to take a crack at it again some day, though.

There are two YouTube videos linked in that SATW comic. Unfortunately one of them (the punching woman) is no longer available, but the other one did make me laugh  out loud (even if I didn't understand a word of what was said).

Maybe I have a northern European sense of humour, after all. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Marty said:

There are two YouTube videos linked in that SATW comic. Unfortunately one of them (the punching woman) is no longer available, but the other one did make me laugh  out loud (even if I didn't understand a word of what was said).

Maybe I have a northern European sense of humour, after all. :lol:

Well, we share a certain dark, sardonic sense of humour, I think, Scandinavia and the British Isles. We just take it a bit further. :P 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I feel like I should mention that the story I'm currently editing is hilarious. Spark & Stone by Laura S. Fox. I'm really enjoying it, she writes excellent comedy. :) 

Omg yes.   It gets even funnier. 

I liked her so much with collateral I ended up buying into her Patreon lol 

It's up to ch6 there

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Omg yes.   It gets even funnier. 

I liked her so much with collateral I ended up buying into her Patreon lol 

It's up to ch6 there

The Patreon version is sans my edits. I told her she could use them, but she didn't feel comfortable with it since she can't pay me. Which is sweet, but I really wouldn't have minded. English isn't her first language, so I generally fix sentence structure, idioms, stuff like that. She's an excellent story teller, so she doesn't need me for that. 

57 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Faris and James have a lot of fans … wonderful stories. 

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Oh yes, do write it, boy. I like your wit, and we could all use a story with a humorous bent to it once in a while. Especially this curmudgeon.

Hardly that, Mac...lol    but laughter is a wonderful thing.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..