Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

2 hours ago, clochette said:

Today on Twitter I've checked someone (who follow someone I follow) 's profile. This woman had made a tweet about her son's death having been caused by a pill he was prescribed (it has been certified by a medical examiner): Pregabaline. Bells start ringing in my head.

Pregabaline is used against epilepsy but also against pain from a neurologically cause. Mom's been taking pregabaline since this Autumn when she's start having pain in her arm from what the doc thought might be from the radiotherapy she did to treat the metastasis on her cervicals. 

Some side effects from pregabaline: dizziness, vertigo, drowsiness, hallucinations, confusion, difficulty to focus, emotional lability, memory losses, muscular contractions which mom is suffering. Thinking back they all start since this Autumn... We thought it was from her condition, the radiotherapy on her brain, the different pills she's taking... I'm no doctor but now I'm questioning if maybe this pills could be the reason or at least play a part in it.  

She has less and less pains so she'll go see her doc to start decreasing/stopping some pain meds. 

Sigh

Good catch, Tink. Hope she can stop taking this one. :hug: 

• Love 5

2 hours ago, clochette said:

Morning all :hug: 

In between regular light showers the sun is shining though the wind is cold. A couple of towns 30 minutes south of the parents' woke up to a dusting of snow. 

I went shopping with Mom late morning and got burger at BK on our way home. I have asked for no tomatoes, no onions and ketchup instead of the smoked sauce and got all 3 and no ketchup :angry:

I hope your day is as bright as the sun shining here :kiss:

Poor Tink. :hug:  I hate when that happens. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, clochette said:

Morning all :hug: 

In between regular light showers the sun is shining though the wind is cold. A couple of towns 30 minutes south of the parents' woke up to a dusting of snow. 

I went shopping with Mom late morning and got burger at BK on our way home. I have asked for no tomatoes, no onions and ketchup instead of the smoked sauce and got all 3 and no ketchup :angry:

I hope your day is as bright as the sun shining here :kiss:

Oh good, you had it your way ... NOT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Marty said:

I trust you complained? :o 

There seems to be something in the psyche of Irish people that makes them reluctant to complain about things like this. Personally, I would have made quite a fuss is such happened to me. And if they were to refuse to sort it out, I would demand to see the manager and complain even louder. :yes: 

I'm the same. Hey, Marty! :hug:  How goes it? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

It's raining and raining, temp currently 62/16° and breezy. Cooler weather is forecast for overnight.

Yesterday's wind gave us some 5-foot waves on West Traverse Bay. All of the trees along the shoreline are frosted with ice sicles from the spray. Today seems much calmer, however. Currently, it's 24 F / -4.4 C outside, with plenty of sunshine.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..