Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Hi, Page. :hug:

All good here, thanks. Yourself?

Doing very well, all things considered.   :)  TheThe cottage looks lovely, and I can't wait to see it when it's done.

45 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Heat being more important than smell :)

Hey, Tea Bat.   :hug:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Marty said:

There appears never to have been a staircase leading from the ground floor rooms, which makes me suspect that originally the ground floor was used for housing livestock which, in the winter months, would have helped heat the living quarters above. This, I have read, was a common practice in rural Ireland in days gone by.

This sort of dwelling was common in Scotland too and even in some parts of the early US where the Scots-Irish settled. It was an improvement on the earlier practice of wintering the cattle, etc. at one end of the dwelling and the humans on the other.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

I have heard of this practice. Heat being more important than smell :) 

Smells are like sounds in a way...

Unless either is extremely loud or obnoxious, once they become familiar they often stop being noticed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, clochette said:

Happy Caturday Marty and everyone else 

The sun is present still a bit shy today and the temperatures are slowly getting back to warm. 

Have a nice day all :hug:

Hi, clo! :hug:

Hope you also have a nice day. :) 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Hey, Albert! :hug:  :kiss: Really bad still, but at least I don't feel like throwing up from the pain. Can only turn my head to the left about four inches. I've been using heat and cold, and I did sleep better last night. It's a gorgeous day, supposed to reach 22... but I can't do anything physical. :(  

That may answer my question from a few comments ago, but it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. :/  

I'm really sorry to hear that, Gary. :hug:

Perhaps it's time to seek some professional advice...?

❤️

Edited by Marty
Clarification
  • Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..