Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

9 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Then you should have included spiders Sidney Funnel-web spider

See the source image

Bertie I already covered murder spiders last time.  Plus I was talking about the beach... are there murder spiders on the beach?  Wait, what am I saying, it's Australia.  

11 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Everything in Australia is meant to kill you.  Mad respect for people who actually LIVE there.   

Cassie you are so correct.  That's why I endlessly tease our resident Aussie about it all the time :lol:

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Headstall said:

My lilac trees are all in flower. They opened up today, and the smell is glorious. :D   

I miss the smells of temperate zone flowers especially lilac and daphne odora.

• Love 4

5 minutes ago, raven1 said:

I miss the smells of temperate zone flowers especially lilac and daphne odora.

What’s seasonal in your area Terry?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spike382 said:

What’s seasonal in your area Terry?

Fruits are very seasonal here for most , but some grow year round.  Most other vegetables and plants grow year round. Most flowers grow year round, except for those on trees that produce some sort of fruit.  Seasons are identified by the amount of rain, rather than length of day. Trees do lose their leaves once a year, but when is determined by species. Almost all shrubs have leaves year round. Climate zones only differ in the heights above sea level.  Jungle forests change to pine forests as you get high on the highest mountains. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, raven1 said:

Fruits are very seasonal here for most , but some grow year round.  Most other vegetables and plants grow year round. Most flowers grow year round, except for those on trees that produce some sort of fruit.  Seasons are identified by the amount of rain, rather than length of day. Trees do lose their leaves once a year, but when is determined by species. Almost all shrubs have leaves year round. Climate zones only differ in the heights above sea level.  Jungle forests change to pine forests as you get high on the highest mountains. 

Honestly that sounds pretty cool.  I’ve never been a fan of wintry weather, I’m too much of a wimp.  So warmer weather sounds wonderful 😀

Edited by spike382
  • Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..