Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

5 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

First I would like to say why this is wrong

1. There is a trail so no marking is required other then to feed your Ego!
  2. How would you like to hike that trail hope you dont hurt yourself
  3. So you can travel this trail and see nature as it is ment to be seen!

I get what you're saying, buddy. That photo was way over the top, and just wrong. :hug: 

• Love 4

18 minutes ago, Headstall said:

You should be. :P 

Seriously.  I recently had to put down a project because I was getting burnt out.  I put it aside to work on something else.  I don't know if I would have been able to do that if people were hoping to see more of the original project.  I love it when readers are invested, but it does put some pressure on me as a writer.  

• Love 5

17 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I don't really know why Cards became the big issue it is. I was fine with coming and going, and had reached the place where I was originally comfortable with ending it, but then that pressure you talk about started to get to me. Everyone wanted more, and the pressure got really intense with no real let up, and it's like I got fed up and dug my heels in. I knew exactly what I wanted to do to tie it all up... I still do... but now it just feels like this great big thing, and I feel like I let everyone down. I feel sick when I think about it. :( 

I am guilty of this! I never though of it this way, I am mesmerized by your storys! So I am sorry!

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I am guilty of this! I never though of it this way, I am mesmerized by your storys! So I am sorry!

Edited by CassieQ
  • Love 2

Just now, CassieQ said:

I can only speak about my own experience as a writer, but I put a lot of pressure on myself to provide content.  So when a reader is pleased with my work and wants more, or tells me they want more stories to read, it is a compliment and I take it that way.  But my own psychology will turns that into even greater pressure.  And if a writer needs some more time, or needs to take a break and work on something else, it can be very frustrating as a reader, but the author also needs to take care of themselves.    

• Love 3

38 minutes ago, spike382 said:

I personally saw where you could have ended it way back in the day, and I was actually surprised when it kept going for longer.  I'm pretty sure I hadn't really started commenting too much on your work at that point, was mostly lurking in those days.  So I plead innocence!!!! 0:)

I'm the only one to blame, buddy. I was going to end it with them moving into the new house, but let myself be convinced to keep going. It was a mistake, as it turned out, and it was my mistake. I'm happy where I left them and maybe that is the biggest part of the problem. :unsure: 

• Love 5

39 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

No need, Albert. It's a compliment when someone wants more. The whole thing has taught me to never post until a story is completed. I haven't done that since I learned that lesson. You're the best! :hug: 

• Love 5

39 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I am sorry but I feel so needy now sigh:yes:

Writing is a journey, and it has its ups and downs. Right now, I can't seem to find the joy in writing I once had. I'm hoping that will pass, but not finishing COTT is my fault alone. It's hard to explain the obstacles we have to sometimes overcome, but I know @CassieQ understands that, and that's why I responded. It wasn't about the readers who want more... it was about a weakness on my part that I let it become something big. 

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

As Gary well knows, I was a pain in the ass begging for more the first time I read his books.  I do apologize!

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..