Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 minute ago, BabyXander1990 said:

True.. but we will have at least 30 people...Walmart here have turkey on sale for 48 cents a pound... bought 3 big turkeys...Ash will be helping me cook all next week...

Sounds like fun.  :) I'm interested to hear what kind of dishes you'll be making. Morgan and I usually try to make things uniquely "ours". My parents, on the other hand, aren't known for thinking outside the cranberry sauce molded into the shape of a soup can.  😀

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Sounds like fun.  :) I'm interested to hear what kind of dishes you'll be making. Morgan and I usually try to make things uniquely "ours". My parents, on the other hand, aren't known for thinking outside the cranberry sauce molded into the shape of a soup can.  😀

The cranberry sauce will be with fresh cranberries, apples, oranges and nuts...if you can't have nuts...the same without nuts...the ham will be roasted with pure maple syrup, brown sugar, pineapple juice and molasses....key lime pie, pumpkin pie and an apple cranberry pie...

• Love 3

On 11/13/2018 at 9:33 PM, Starrynight22 said:

We have a Belgian guy here in town that started a crepes and waffle stand about 12 years ago downtown.  He now has a couple sit down full menu  restaurants and a few kiosk type crepe stands around the city.  

There is this lavender sugar crepe that makes my soul sing. 

I love crepes...I might have to make some for Dennis...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I made an apricot chipotle glazed turkey one year that was amazing.  And another year I did a maple curry turkey.  

I  use this giant  syringe to load the marinade into the turkey before cooking. 

And I have a weakness for canned jellied cranberry sauce lol.  I've a friend that makes his and it's divine......but that ridged slop is tradition and memories. Lol. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

I made an apricot chipotle glazed turkey one year that was amazing.  And another year I did a maple curry turkey.  

I  use this giant  syringe to load the marinade into the turkey before cooking. 

And I have a weakness for canned jellied cranberry sauce lol.  I've a friend that makes his and it's divine......but that ridged slop is tradition and memories. Lol. 

nope...the canned stuff is bad...try a fresh cranberry sauce and you'll love it...

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

The cranberry sauce will be with fresh cranberries, apples, oranges and nuts...if you can't have nuts...the same without nuts...the ham will be roasted with pure maple syrup, brown sugar, pineapple juice and molasses....key lime pie, pumpkin pie and an apple cranberry pie...

That sounds excellent. I think we're having Cornish game hens with a fried potato cake, twice-baked sweet potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, and sausage-sage stuffing. Also, there will be apple and pumpkin pie pockets for dessert.

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

Oh I do like it fresh.  Its just I have a place in my heart for good old ocean spray.  

Its like.  I know how delicious  quality artisan made dark chocolate is......doenst mean I'll never eat a Hershey bar again. 

Same. Just because I know Hershey's Milk Chocolate only has 11% cocoa solids, that doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly start making S'mores with Ghirardelli chocolate.  :rofl:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Same. Just because I know Hershey's Milk Chocolate only has 11% cocoa solids, that doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly start making S'mores with Ghirardelli chocolate.  :rofl:

You ever made Smores with reese cups? 

Pure decadence 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2

• Site Administrator
2 hours ago, BabyXander1990 said:

commandeering a plane is called hijacking...a trip to jail will ruin the trip to downunderland...

spoilsport -_-

• Haha 4

Good morning.  

Are you driving today dugh? Safe trip, and hope you stay ahead of the storm. I am sure you know the weather geeks are cursing at pretty much all of Pa, NJ and most of NY.

• Like 5

Good morning, Dugh!!! :hug: Good morning, Kitt!!! :hug: Good morning the rest!!! :)

And for Buck, good night. :hug:  Sleep tight, uncle-biter. ;) Huh? Come again? :huh: It's ankle-biter? Ohhhh!!! Yeah, that makes more sense. :P

Have a great day, y'all! See you around. :thumbup:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Kitt said:

Good morning.  

Are you driving today dugh? Safe trip, and hope you stay ahead of the storm. I am sure you know the weather geeks are cursing at pretty much all of Pa, NJ and most of NY.

Morning, Kitt. :hug:  He said he yesterday he thought he'd be ahead of the messy weather. :) 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..