Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

9 hours ago, raven1 said:

The term for this business structure is Chaebol, and it is based on the teachings of Confucius.  It is found in many East Asian countries at all socio-economic levels. If you go with your initial reaction, you're going to spend any time vacationing here, punching men and missing out on the fun. Oh...unless that's your kind of thing.😁

Oh don't get it twisted, people operating a self-owned business is something I really admire, and sometimes wish I could do myself.  I just wish (and I know I'm probably arguing against cultural norms I'm not a part of) that sometimes these guys could divorce their concept of self-owned business they stared and run, to this monolithic thing that dictates the futures of everyone in their families.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, clochette said:

Clearly Drew wouldn't have the capacity to go that deep into a subject -_- :whistle:

He's not the one used to going deep. -_- 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, spike382 said:

sometimes these guys could divorce their concept of self-owned business they stared and run, to this monolithic thing that dictates the futures of everyone in their families.

In Japan, it's become practice for an older businessman to adopt young men (even in their thirties) as a legal heir, to ensure that ownership of the business is kept within his family line.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2

Good morning, my crazy friends. Y'all should be sane like me. 0:) I hope your week started/ starts with positive vibes, less heat, and less snow. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, bignick said:

Good morning, my crazy friends. Y'all should be sane like me. 0:) I hope your week started/ starts with positive vibes, less heat, and less snow. 

Happy Monday Nicky and the gang :hug: 

No heat and no snow today though we had a dusting of snow yesterday and some are forecast for Tuesday night and Wednesday. The news are talking about 5 to 20 cm so we'll se cause there's a world between those :lol: 5 cm the transports can still go but 20cm for here and everything is blocked 

• Love 1
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..