Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Sci-fi/fantasy Recommendations

cdot27

• Site Administrator
On 8/20/2019 at 3:00 AM, cdot27 said:

Hey all I just rediscovered GA after years and years away.

Welcome back! 

I'm sorry to say that Dan dropped out of contact after his husband @Trebs passed away from cancer.  @Topher Lydon has been on and off. I'd agree with the recommendations above :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Site Administrator

@cdot27 Welcome back! Getting member recommendations is great. You can also use our Stories system custom-built for GA to help sort stories and filter to scifi works that might interest you as well! 

First: Click the Sci-Fi option in the Story Genre box at the top of the stories listing when you click on the Stories tab. That brings up all the sci-fi category stories (300+). Then you can use the row of options to filter/sort stories across the top of the story listing to narrow that down even further.  You can look at the tag options to sort by the types of themes you like that authors might have used with Tags. You can decide on ratings (Mature for graphic content, Everyone for no graphic content, etc...), or if you want only Complete stories versus in Process stories or stories of all different lengths with the Filters tab. You can have the stories that meet that criteria sort in order by the most comments (which means readers/author got the most feedback/conversation going about the story in chapters) or you can choose the most views on the story, or the most reviews (which are for the story itself, not the chapters), etc... which can also help determine that you see stories you think might be more popular (or better quality) first. 

Play around with the system, check out the stories recommended by our members (we also have a site blog, 'Gay Stories' where team members do reviews of all different kinds of stories on the site), and, again, welcome back! We hope you will find many new authors and stories to enjoy on GA again. 

• Like 5

• 9 months later...

Starcutter, by fantasyboy69, is one of the earliest titles I found when I joined Gayauthors. Though, I haven't read it very often. It's about the son of a man who captains a merchant ship in the gulf of outer space. Because the boy has no companions, his father decides to buy him a slave. Despite the fact that the son disapproves of slavery. The plot and the world-building are a bit...flat, but I've always liked Avian-human "Weres".  :D

• Like 3

On 8/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, Brayon said:

@Geron Kees has some good SciFi stories. I'd recommend from his:

And his series: https://gayauthors.org/stories/browse/series/doorways/

I would also recommend @Stellar and his SciFi stories as well. Such as:

https://gayauthors.org/stories/browse/series/aspects-of-dawn/

@Mikiesboy started posting a Fantasy story today that is excellent.

You already said you've read DKstories. GA owns the rights to his stories, so they are being reposted.

@Cia and @Mann Ramblings each have a weekly serial on Wednesday which are good.

There's a lot more authors with good SciFi/Fantasy stories, those are just a few of my favorites.

Another series of @Geron Kees which has some science fiction, fantasy, and good old story telling is the Charlie Boone series by Geron.  The first chapter has no fantasy or science fiction elements.  Then, gradually elements of fantasy and more start happening, and after while we learn that magic is a special type of science, and -- and -- 
Another of Geron's stories with SOME science fiction elements is  "Star Light, Star Bright."  

Check out @Myr.  He has a variety of stories.

@jamessavik has a lot of science fiction.  Especially check out his story "In The Shadow of the Dragon," about five teens caught in a nuclear war.  Also check out "Get Into James Shorts" for much of his short science fiction.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2