So, one of my cousins has been having trouble reading

A "huge stash of Comic Books"? Jee, maybe that's why your COMICality. 😏 Did you see the new Dark Pheonix Movie? I did. Dark Pheonix/ Jean Grey was always my favorite with Storm a close 2nd. And, this scene is just a small bit of proof as to why.🔥👑

Imagine if you showed him one of your stories for reading practice? 😮♥️😛

Edited by Black Paper
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, CassieQ said:

I worked at a bookstore during the release of the sixth Harry Potter book.  And it was amazing to see all those people, crammed into our store, at midnight, waiting for a book to be released.  I don't know if it's something we'll ever see again.  

Until the next hot thing hits. Imagination combined with marketing hype works wonders.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Hey Comet! If you get a chance, watch some Naruto. There is a really great life lesson to be learned from it as the main character has everything against him but is aiming to become the most powerful in the highest position to be had.

"Someday I will be Hokage! Believe it!"

I bet like me it won't take you any time at all to get into it and then you both will really have something to talk about.

• Love 4

That’s so cool, Comsiekins! That’s how I started reading.

Reading for pleasure opens up reading for learning. Reading = Pleasure || Learning = Pleasure < an almost logarithm! 😮

It was the same with math for me. I hated math, but when I started taking science classes and wanting to know more about the incredible things my teesher was showing us, I studied the math so that I could understand the relationships and techniques so I could repeat the phenomena! 

What’s lost in ‘modrine ejmacashun’ is the connection of real skills to real knowledge which creates curiosity which leads to more learning and greater fulfillment. Doing things by rote coz “diss’plin’ is one reason why Americans have done so poorly in education in the last 60 years and why Korean and Japanese kids are starting to lose their Shinola cuz the pressure for getting nowhere has gotten too great. People learn things for a purpose, for the most part. Learning for learning’s sake becomes a passion later when that ‘curiosity engine’ gets turned on and can’t be turned off, IMHO.

~~~~

Anywayz, for good clean fun Comicalitywise, I always stick to Avengers, Fantastic Four, and The Silver Surfer when coaching younger kids. X-Men got a bit raw and so did Batman. Superman and Wonder Woman were ‘kids comics’ to me (13 years old LOL). With the vast popularity of the Avengers, I think there could be plenty of material to cover for your nephew to be reading forever, LOL!

I started reading novels when I could clear a stack of comics in 2 hours. This would be about 25 in one sitting! I then started to clear normal novels in about a day. That’s when I switched to ‘tomes,’ like The Lord Of The Rings, which was a challenge for my 16 year old self, but left the most indelible imprint on my imagination of any story I’d ever read. Like so many others, Tolkien inspired my writing and influenced my style. Anne Rice was a similar deal, though I didn’t read her stuff until my early twenties. She was amazing because she was the first ‘gay’ author I’d ever read! Her stuff further influenced my coverage of the topic and how it could be made ‘romantic’.

Yay for reading! (God, now I sound like an old PSA from 1986!)

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
On 11/9/2019 at 11:33 AM, Black Paper said:

A "huge stash of Comic Books"? Jee, maybe that's why your COMICality. 😏 Duh. Did you see the new Dark Pheonix Movie? I did. Dark Pheonix/ Jean Grey was always my favorite with Storm a close 2nd. And, this scene is just a small bit of proof as to why.🔥👑

Imagine if you showed him one of your stories for reading practice? 😮♥️😛

They got closer to the real one, but no cigar.

I always liked this image. This one is for all the ‘True Believers’ that thought Captain Marvel could beat Dark Phoenix in a contest of strength. (Spoiler Alert) Rogue, basically, stole most of Captain Marvel’s powers (her superwoman ones anyways) and yet . . .

07d1ba658da3fbfec033f1ecf2162e71.jpg

FIGHT ME!

Edited by MrM
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..