Living With Johnny, by Nigel Gordon

• 1 month later...

I've been following it. I'm not sure if the narrator is writing a book on metrology, meteorology, or combining both (a book about the science of measuring metrological phenomena). I thought of emailing Nigel , I did a couple of weeks ago as he left a suggested edit in ([ brackets, suggestion), but didn't want to appear as if I'd missed something in a chapter explaining why the book on measurements was about the weather.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 8/29/2020 at 4:11 PM, rec said:

Over at AwesomeDude.com, a fine story by Nigel Gordon is beginning today--one I helped edit, by the way, to its end. The ex-wife dumps her gay teen-age son at her ex-husband's doorstep after a long estrangement from him. This starts significant changes in the ex-husband's life involving well-rounded characters. Highly recommended.

I liked your annotation.

Edited by nickbor34
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm trying to guess at which trial Johnny reveals his mother used to pimp him out . The criminal one, as a prosecution witness, but behind closed doors, or the libel case, with more publicity. Either should destroy her career, and possibly get her imprisoned.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, nickbor34 said:

Can you link to this book? I can recommend you a well-known book about human friendship and kindness. This is a novel  https://samploon.com/free-essays/romeo-and-juliet/ "Romeo and Juliet". I think he can teach us to feel each other correctly. A lonely person is an outcast who needs support.

http://awesomedude.com/nigel_gordon/living-with-johnny/index.htm

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I read the last chapter and the epilogue today. I've enjoyed it very much. It includes one of my favourite characters, Miss Jenkins, and as a bonus mentions a number of towns I know. The story is supposed to be the first of a trilogy, so there should be a lot more to come. Johnny is supposed to receive a medal so royalty may be involved eventually. 

Edited by ancientrichard
correction
  • Like 2

I too finished the epilogue at IOMFATS today and have enjoyed the story and its large cast of characters. 

I've wondered if Johnny gets his medal; if Bernard comes through his bowel surgery for cancer; if Trevor survives; if the rags get their bottom line impacted by a lawsuit and a hundred other questions!  So the idea this is the first book in a trilogy is very welcome indeed!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

I too finished the epilogue at IOMFATS today and have enjoyed the story and its large cast of characters. 

I've wondered if Johnny gets his medal; if Bernard comes through his bowel surgery for cancer; if Trevor survives; if the rags get their bottom line impacted by a lawsuit and a hundred other questions!  So the idea this is the first book in a trilogy is very welcome indeed!

I emailed the author, he's on chapter 27 of book 2, hopes to finish for a Christmas time release. We get Arthur's speech in Chapter 60 of book 2.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

Indeed; I wonder about all those questions, and especially what prevented Trevor from attending the award ceremony.

• Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, chris191070 said:

It's a shame he's not an author on here

I agree, he would get some great feedback and comments!  I really like the story and the characters and the whole crew at the Priory and the farm.  After the first chapter we are still wondering about the fate of Trevor despite him coming through surgery.  Johnny seems to  have plotted with the gardeners about planting some misdirection  with the newspaper people and hopefully that will work out. Still no report on how Ben is actually doing and a million other questions to answer. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Daddydavek said:

I agree, he would get some great feedback and comments!  I really like the story and the characters and the whole crew at the Priory and the farm.  After the first chapter we are still wondering about the fate of Trevor despite him coming through surgery.  Johnny seems to  have plotted with the gardeners about planting some misdirection  with the newspaper people and hopefully that will work out. Still no report on how Ben is actually doing and a million other questions to answer. 

The story is amazing, with so many questions to be answered.

• Like 1