With the DO series coming to an end, what is everyone's favorite moment from the series and why?

I think my favorite moment would have to be the seen between Mary Lou, Davey, the other social worker, and That Other Family (where Davey's picture gets destroyed, and he gets accused of drug use.)

It is one of the high points of the series because it shows Davey as a maturing person, able to work the system without seeming to be so young as to be odd doing so.

I will say overall, that Dan is a...satisfying storyteller, that in the stories that he tells, the characters, however roughed up they might be, will get what's coming to them, good or bad. That there are consequences for every action and reaction.

Bravo!

C.

• Like 1
With the DO series coming to an end, what is everyone's favorite moment from the series and why?

I will say overall, that Dan is a...satisfying storyteller, that in the stories that he tells, the characters, however roughed up they might be, will get what's coming to them, good or bad. That there are consequences for every action and reaction.

Bravo!

C.

Its difficult in one word to select the best moment. I agree with the comment about the characters, not only Davey's, but the other actors too. I like particuliarly the description of the different teachers and directors of the schools, they are really "alive", and I suppose DK had a lot of models from his own experience !

In one word : BRAVO :worship:

Old Bob

• Love 1

I think my favorite moment would have to be the seen between Mary Lou, Davey, the other social worker, and That Other Family (where Davey's picture gets destroyed, and he gets accused of drug use.)

It is one of the high points of the series because it shows Davey as a maturing person, able to work the system without seeming to be so young as to be odd doing so.

What a great idea for a thread!

I don't think I can select just one favorite moment, as there are many that I especially like but in far different ways. For example, Sean's "death" when he was overwritten was extremely poigniant, and is one of my favorite chapters, though certainly not a happy one.

Another favorite was the entire war in DO, especially Davey taking command of the cruiser. But, I have a deep and abiding love of the techno-thriller genre, so that part was bound to be a favorite of mine.

Another favorite was the scene in DIR where Papa tells Davey "you're back.." which rattled Davey. I also really loved the part where Davey's father tricked Davey into reading Russian, "outing" him as having his memories.

I also loved the scene in DOR where Davey is overheard on the phone to the President.

There are just so many.. As soon as the final chapter is posted, I'm going to re-read the whole series, and I'll come back to this thread with some observations.

Hmmm.. For now, though, my favorite has got to be the April Fool's chapter. That got me good, and I think there is still a dent in my desk from where my chin hit it.. :lmao:

I too was impressed by the way Davey has changed, but it's the changes (in each timeline) in Davey's Father that impress me the most. That's top-notch character development and maturation, and IMHO the "redemption" of Jones, Sr. Is one of the cornerstones of the DO series. :2thumbs:

Hmmm.. For now, though, my favorite has got to be the April Fool's chapter. That got me good, and I think there is still a dent in my desk from where my chin hit it.. :lmao:
Here! Here!

It gets my vote for favorite scene in recent memory ;) and we got an ORGY - a first for DK writing that I can recall! :2thumbs: