So...my uncle passed away today. :(

My condolences Comsie. 
I agree with everything you said above. Best way to lessen the grief is to talk about him with friends and family sharing stories and memories. In that way he never really dies and always lives in your hearts. 
I am really sorry for your loss my friend.
RJ

• Love 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Comicality said:

He had been battling cancer of the lungs for months now, but he lost the fight today. And I'll miss him. I really will. 

It hurts. 

Live ever moment as if it's your last, you guys. Because you never know when it'll all be over. Give your love, get rid of your money, share your material possessions. Because you can't take them with you. Just go knowing that you made a real impact in the lives of the people you care about while you were here. Because he definitely had an impact on mine.

Love you, uncle. Rest well. And know some peace. :(

There is no death. Only change. He will be with you always and you will, one day, be reunited with him. :heart:

• Love 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks DK. ((Hugs))

The funeral has been planned, and my mom and I have to drive a few hours out of town this week, but I'll be back on Friday morning. It just sucks that he had to go, you know? :/ 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2
27 minutes ago, Comicality said:

Thanks DK. ((Hugs))

The funeral has been planned, and my mom and I have to drive a few hours out of town this week, but I'll be back on Friday morning. It just sucks that he had to go, you know? :/ 

I feel your pain bud.  Knowing someone is terminally ill in no way lessens the impact of the the loss.  Or at least it certainly didn’t when I lost my dad.

There’s never a “right” thing to say and obviously no advice for how you “should” feel.  I’m sorry for your loss.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, Comicality said:

Thanks DK. ((Hugs))

((Hugs)) - Take all the time you need, you don't owe anybody explanations. 

• Love 2
  • Sad 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..