Help your favorite authors! (Not sure if this goes here)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Flip-Flop said:

Thanks to all, who took the time to react or respond.

How true! 

@Mancunian I have followed "The Boot " stories from before I became a member. I love the expanding and the interconnection that has developed with them!

@Headstall Your comments have made me more comfortable, with the posting of comments on this site, (and you and @JamesSavik are in my many bookmarks of GA authors).

I had lurked on GA for many years as a guest before taking the leap to join, and it took another year until I made any comment. Not being one for social media, and a one finger keyboard typist, I have found the Edit Button to be my best friend. 😌

I would urge all GUESTS on GA to join, and at least share your reactions!

Early on I tended to filter for only complete stories because I like to binge read, but now I enjoy getting involved in the excitement of the stories, as they evolve.

The reason for my post on  this topic was that I was unsure if authors would feel bombarded by my reactions to a night of binge readings? I was also unsure as to what you (authors) received as a notice?

I am happy that you decided to stop lurking and sign up. GA is all the richer for every new member who signs up, especially when, like yourself, they participate and get involved.

I know that I can speak for many authors when I say this, we appreciate every emoticon reaction left by our readers and we enjoy responding to and chatting with our readers via the chapter and story comments, they help to keep us going. The reviews left by readers and their story recommendations add more fuel to our enjoyment of writing and posting our stories and are very much encouraged, they also help to raise awareness of the stories we post and help to attract more readers.

Thank you for your comment about The Boot World stories, it really is appreciated. Your reactions and comments have been noticed, I hope you will be happy to know that there are more to come.

Authors receive a notification every time a reader leaves a reaction or comment to a chapter, chapter comment, story and story comment. We also receive a notification for each review that is left to our stories. When I have been bombarded by reaction notifications I've been very happy to receive them and always wonder what that reader thinks of the story, hoping they will leave a comment to let me know, this also allows me to thank them for their interest, reactions and comments. To be bombarded in this way by a reader is a delight, especially when it is to an older story.

• Love 5

@Flip-Flop if you enjoy reading stories from any author and want to be kept up-to-date on new stories they are posting you can follow an author and receive notifications. You can do this from the main story page of any of their stories or their author profile, which is different to their member profile, by clicking on Follow Author. If you click on Follow Member on their member profile the notifications you receive may be different. You can follow as many members and authors as you choose to. If you click on Follow Story from the main story page you will receive notifications about that story.

Edited by Mancunian
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

You're correct, James, and even though I have readers that leave  a great many chapter comments, they often overlook the st ory page to comment or click on an emoji.  I hope a lot of readers read your post and react to this common oversight.  Thank you for pointing this out.  :hug:  Come to think of it, I may be guilty of this as well.  Oops.  I'll have to get better.  

Edited by Bill W
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Mancunian said:

I am happy that you decided to stop lurking and sign up. GA is all the richer for every new member who signs up, especially when, like yourself, they participate and get involved.

I know that I can speak for many authors when I say this, we appreciate every emoticon reaction left by our readers and we enjoy responding to and chatting with our readers via the chapter and story comments, they help to keep us going. The reviews left by readers and their story recommendations add more fuel to our enjoyment of writing and posting our stories and are very much encouraged, they also help to raise awareness of the stories we post and help to attract more readers.

Thank you for your comment about The Boot World stories, it really is appreciated. Your reactions and comments have been noticed, I hope you will be happy to know that there are more to come.

Authors receive a notification every time a reader leaves a reaction or comment to a chapter, chapter comment, story and story comment. We also receive a notification for each review that is left to our stories. When I have been bombarded by reaction notifications I've been very happy to receive them and always wonder what that reader thinks of the story, hoping they will leave a comment to let me know, this also allows me to thank them for their interest, reactions and comments. To be bombarded in this way by a reader is a delight, especially when it is to an older story.

Couldn't agree more!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Headstall said:

Hey, @Flip-FlopAs an author with 'older' stories, I can tell you comments and likes/reactions for the story and the chapters are very much appreciated, as are story reviews and story recommendations. I will go so far as to say a chapter comment or story review on one of my 'older' stories can inspire me to begin writing when I am in a slump, and have so in the past. It's important to know readers care about and are engaged in any of my work they are reading. As well, all these things can stimulate new interest in a story for sure, and that's what we're here for. Cheers! :)  

This is 100% true.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...