[dkstories] Dawn of Tears Last Chapter

Dammit. This story quickly became my favorite of DK's stories.

But then I saw the ending, and I was devastated. It still remains a favorite though.

*sigh* :(

Oh well. I respect your decision though. It's your story and you chose how you wanted it to end. I just hope that when I read your stories in the future (or any author's stories for that matter) I won't be met with such an unexpected ending.

• 3 weeks later...

To add my 2 cents:

Yes, I am sorry that DoT did not reached the end that the author planned. Yes, I am a reader that looks every day for an update. No, I did not asked for the next chapter. No, I did not encouraged the author to comment on his work (for which I am sorry, I'll try to do better).

Writing, and in this particular case creative writing, is not something an author does easily.

So, Dan, I am sorry that you needed to stop DoT this way. It is your decision and from what you said about it, I think the right one.

But please keep writing the other stories, because I, and with me many readers, enjoy your stories.

Ran Od

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
Guest mittenscatt

I registered and logged in just to reply to this thread.

I'm not always that great at expressing what i am thinking on paper. I've often had a nice little story run through my head at times and have raced with my thoughts to get them on paper before they were screwed up or would fade away. Writing a story has been one of the hardest things i've ever attempted to do in my life, but i believe i can understand the frustration it creates.

often times, I

• 4 months later...

I had never read your stories before but immediately became engrossed in Dawn of Tears. It is quite an investment of time to read but it was worth it for 32 chapters. Then there was chapter 33. At first, I thought perhaps my browser was having a problem then I realised I was witnessing a temper tantrum. I don't think I will invest the time it takes to read the long stories of an author who is so petulant that he punishes everyone because one or two apparently got on his nerves. I'm sure the other stories are quite nice, but it took too much time to read the first 32 chapters only to have the story end in a temper tantrum. Imagine if Herman Wouk had ended War and Remembrance by saying "The history books pretty much tell the story from there. The Allies landed in Normandy, the Soviets continued advancing on Berlin, Germany fell followed a few months later by Japan."

Okay, folks, after several e-mails whining about Dawn of Tears, I've decided to drop everything and get that story finished. it wasn't easy, but folks, here is the end to Dawn of tears.

Hope you enjoyed it! (No, I'm not joking)

P.S. I'll get it into the HTML format and send it in to Myr for posting the story site a little later today. he can also change the status of it to 'completed' at that moment. OH, and don't blame emoe for any typos in the last chapter (short as it is), since he hasn't seen it until he reads this thread.

• 1 year later...

I will admit to being (very) disappointed by the 'final' chapter, but thank you for the rest of the (wonderful, wonderful) story nonetheless.

I'll just have to hope that some time, some day, some way, you'll go and 'undo' that 33'rd chapter, either with a sequel or with 'un-completing' the story and replacing it with the original that someone mentioned earlier.

Edit: To clarify, I was so very disappointed because I was deeply enjoying the story, and having it cut off that way, with most of the story still unwritten was... unsatisfying. It's enough to make me almost not want to read the rest of your works.

Edited by Rilbur

After re-reading (For the 10th time at least) the full story as it is now. And with the Premium section in full swing, I was curious if you were considering posting the remaining chapters to DoT in either book format or in the premium section? If so, I would be first in line to order/buy a copy :)

As always, love your work. Keep it coming

Cads