[dkstories] Dawn of Tears Last Chapter

Okay, folks, after several e-mails whining about Dawn of Tears, I've decided to drop everything and get that story finished. it wasn't easy, but folks, here is the end to Dawn of tears.

Well, after the Israeli incident, the history books pretty much tell the story from there. President Jacobs died in a nuclear blast, my brother and I helped usher in the Great Republic of God, and then twenty years later we helped overthrow that same government. I hope that the future brings you more joy. For now I'll end my life in bed, with the man I love.

Hope you enjoyed it! (No, I'm not joking)

P.S. I'll get it into the HTML format and send it in to Myr for posting the story site a little later today. he can also change the status of it to 'completed' at that moment. OH, and don't blame emoe for any typos in the last chapter (short as it is), since he hasn't seen it until he reads this thread.

• Site Administrator

You know guys, when you email an author, you're not supposed to be an asshole about it... demanding chapters or anything else for that matter.

:(

I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving abusive e-mails... thats no way to show appreciation to an author who works constantly like you do. :thumbdown:

As for the story itself... I want you to know I enjoyed it, and thank you.

~Dem

*Makes plans to torture those who whined for DoT to be finished*

I mean come on, even me (one who reads alot) can patiently wait for it to come out. Yeah i might play-tell a author to hurry up, but i want them to do it at thier own pace, in order to provide me a good piece of literature. Sorry it went like that Dan.

Still continue to read your stories....more over Bully because it really captured me.

I hope Trebs is hugging you, tell him if he plans something against the whiners, I'll be there with ropes, oil, tazer....and other goodies.

Juless :read:

hmm...After reading your blog, I was afraid of that last paragraph. But, I find it oddly satisfying.

On another note, people suck. Sometimes I think there should be a forum just for posting the email addresses of flamers. (Crossing a line there, I know) but seriously... I

I've said it before and I'll say it again; What an Author chooses to work on is their own business. There is no excuse, none, for harassing an author via e-mail!

Well, ok, there is one way: Cash Bribery (any objections?). Other than trying that, all whining accomplishes is discouraging a writer from writing. Just my opinion.

DK, thank you for the many chapters of DoT (and all the other stories) that you have given us.

CJ

OH, and don't blame emoe for any typos in the last chapter (short as it is), since he hasn't seen it until he reads this thread.
DK, I'd have a real hard time returning that paragraph to you without a whole lot of text preceeding it asking you not to do this...

*Makes plans to torture those who whined for DoT to be finished*
I'm right there with you!

From DK's blog:

Another little bit of honesty, that's the final paragraph I had always pretty much planned with only a minor tweak because there weren't another forty chapters (or more) between Chapter 32 and the end.

Its a real shame this will be chapter 33. The original chapter 33 you sent me had so many great story threads to pursue but now it is all for naught. :(

Hey DK

Dont be angry, Its not good for your complexion !!!

Bravo for your reaction of the bad words you got, I dont know from whom, because we are all behind you

The way you end DoT is a VERY good joke, and its rejoins the beginning of teh story.

BTW, we could imagine ourselves what would have happened in the meantime, could be a pool

Farewell

Old Bob

I just checked the posts of september. It seams that we were the whiners, Demetz and I :lmao:

Or do you mean anybody else when you talk about "abusive e-mails..."

Dan we like you :hug:

Old Bob

Edited by old bob

I am a simple lurker down here, and had just started reading Down of Tears.

Now I am sorry to be blunt, but if you finished the story with a few lines because of some hugly feedback well, you let those people dictate your creativity and your writing.

And that's not quite a smart thing to do.

I am a simple lurker down here, and had just started reading Down of Tears.

Now I am sorry to be blunt, but if you finished the story with a few lines because of some hugly feedback well, you let those people dictate your creativity and your writing.

And that's not quite a smart thing to do.

Actually, in this case I think Dan made the right decision. If he was going to let someone control his writing, he would have done exactly what they wanted by putting out a bunch of chapters that didn

With the advent of the new GAzette, I looked at the old newsletter, I found this:-

The Gay Authors Newsletter - May 2004

Waiting for the next chapter ...

By Jevic

Nothing is more frustrating than reading a great story and suddenly find yourself hanging with nothing left to read. Sure there's the promise of the next chapter coming soon ... but, I WANT IT NOW! Confession time ... we've all been frustrated. That's one of the reasons I forewarn readers on my own site about suggested stories that are "on going." Some people just can't stand the wait! They come back and check for a new chapter sometimes as often as twice a day. But they still wait. The "check backs" dwindle down to maybe once a week and finally stop completely. In the case of Nifty, with newly posted stories listed at the top, it's easy enough to check. When the next chapter is finally posted, the reader has probably read a dozen or more stories and has completely forgotten the plot. They have to go back and re-read several chapters to bring themselves back up to speed.

Some readers do not realize what all is involved in the writing process. And no one knows what personal issues the author has to deal with ... class, work, family, friends, etc. The number of things that can "interfere" with completing another chapter are like the grains of sand on the beach

how should I put this?

As a reader, I think what Dan did sucks :(

As an author, all I can do is applaud :great:

I have seen several hints that Dan has left around GA saying that DOT was not going the way he intended, and that he was working on it still. Since most of what gets posted here at GA(that I have noticed) are relevent to something important, I tend to pay attention to what an author says about one of their stories.

In this case, I wish Dan would have been given the time needed to finish the story the right way. :(

:hug: for you, Dan. I hope you know that there are still people out there who support you, no matter what you choose to or to not write.
Count me among them! :worship: Even if I don't comment on every posted chapter, I'm with you. :2thumbs:

One "problem" I have is that you've charged so fast with DOH that, starting behind, I struggled to catch up. Then, when my attention got diverted to another worthy author, you zoomed ahead and left me in the dust again. So I'm not caught up and able to comment intelligently on the current chapter. This condition is hard on author feedback :( , but it's a nice problem for a reader to have. :P

Frankly, I've been way to busy with other good stuff at GA, including DOH, to think much about DOT. It was up to you, I figured. And so it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess you best be careful what you wish for. I have to admit that I have been reading Dan's stories since I first found then hanging out at Dabeagle's place a few years ago. I don't think I've ever read one that I didn't love and often find myself checking daily in the hopes that there have been multiple posts in one week. It's hard to be patient, but we all have lives and I don't expect Dan to write 24/7.

I'm just thankful that I get to read such awesome fiction. PLEASE don't stop.

JC

:great: You're the best

Guess you best be careful what you wish for. I have to admit that I have been reading Dan's stories since I first found then hanging out at Dabeagle's place a few years ago. I don't think I've ever read one that I didn't love and often find myself checking daily in the hopes that there have been multiple posts in one week. It's hard to be patient, but we all have lives and I don't expect Dan to write 24/7.

I'm just thankful that I get to read such awesome fiction. PLEASE don't stop.

JC

:great: You're the best

Well said, JC! And WELCOME TO GA!!! :2thumbs:

Ok, I was kinda disgruntled :whistle: about the end when it first came out.

However, After thinking about it, I do believe that the perfect ending was written. I mean, I have read DK's other stories, And punishing the masses seems to happen regularly. I am ecstatic to be included in those masses this time! :lmao:

B)

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been more upset then I am right now, I'm almost in tears... DK, you're my favorite web author. DoT was the first online story I ever read, it captured my interest in online stories. After that was, of course, MoF. (Which I later bought once it was taken offline) Do over didn't catch my interest, at first, until I noticed it was from you, which made me read more then the first few lines and I relized I liked it. Both my best friend, Sue, and I were both enthralled by the story line in DoT... I'm sure when I talk to her later about the last chapter, she's going to feel just as bad as I do. Not that you finally 'gave in' to the arrogant readers out there who demand more chapters, but that those readers couldn't have the patience that others, like Sue and myself, have shown.

If you were to take your stories offline, I would no longer have a reason to write =/ Quite simply put, your stories inspire the creative spark in me. =) I have about 20 stories, some only tidbits, all on my hard drive. All written after I read one of your chapters.

Sorry for my ranting, I am just... I don't even have words to describe... I just love your work =)

Cads

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I don't care about if a story turns out different than I wanted....

I do care that its completed!!

Thats the wonderful thing about fiction, is that if I don't like it I can start imaginging the way I would end it.

At the same time as it's fiction I could imagine the end in my own mind, but I'm not creative enough...