[Shadowgod] Living in Surreality

When the membership of that committee is a secret, the ability to say "fairly and impartially" is questionable. After all, without knowing who was on that committee, it is open to an accusation that it was filled with members who had a serious bias.

A poll would settle things, but I have to admit that I've been influenced by Yes, Minister and I'm aware that the wording of the questions can have a serious impact on the poll results. I'd prefer to see the questions before hand, for comment. :P

B) ......Surely you jest! The goat would do no wrong in his wording of questions!! :P

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
B) ......Surely you jest! The goat would do no wrong in his wording of questions!! :P

Okay, but to save him time and effort (time and effort that should be put into the next chapter of his story), I've put up a poll myself :P

Okay, but to save him time and effort (time and effort that should be put into the next chapter of his story), I've put up a poll myself :P

B) ..........I've always trusted porcupine's (Stayed the hell away from them, but trusted them!!) :P

When the membership of that committee is a secret, the ability to say "fairly and impartially" is questionable. After all, without knowing who was on that committee, it is open to an accusation that it was filled with members who had a serious bias.

A poll would settle things, but I have to admit that I've been influenced by Yes, Minister and I'm aware that the wording of the questions can have a serious impact on the poll results. I'd prefer to see the questions before hand, for comment. :P

Now who could possibly be biased regarding their fair and impartial considerations on Shadowgod's title?

And I'm shocked, Shocked I say, that you could possibly suspect me, of all people, of stooping to sneaky Wording on a poll!

Well, OK, here, for your perusal, is my proposed poll:

Title: King of Eeevil Cliffhangers?

Question: Does Shadowgod deserve his esteemed title fo "King of Evvvil Cliffhangers?"

Choice #1 YEs, of course he does.

Choice #2 Of course he does, yes.

Choice #3 Does anyone other than Shadowgod even use cliffhangers?

Choice #4 He's Evvvil, so of course he's the kink of eeeevil cliffhangers!

There, will that suffice? 0:)

• Site Administrator
Now who could possibly be biased regarding their fair and impartial considerations on Shadowgod's title?

And I'm shocked, Shocked I say, that you could possibly suspect me, of all people, of stooping to sneaky Wording on a poll!

Well, OK, here, for your perusal, is my proposed poll:

Title: King of Eeevil Cliffhangers?

Question: Does Shadowgod deserve his esteemed title fo "King of Evvvil Cliffhangers?"

Choice #1 YEs, of course he does.

Choice #2 Of course he does, yes.

Choice #3 Does anyone other than Shadowgod even use cliffhangers?

Choice #4 He's Evvvil, so of course he's the kink of eeeevil cliffhangers!

There, will that suffice? 0:)

Too late -- I've already put up a poll :P

• 2 weeks later...
What Alien issue? :blink:

What Alien issue? :blink:

You didn't notice it??? :blink:

Shadowgod had an Alien subtext, only vaugely hinted at, running throughout. For example, remember the dream seqence, when Matt sees the earth from orbit?

Or in the infamous ending of the infamous LiS 26, in the final sentence in fact, Val notices that her voice sounds Alien.

And finally, we have the thinly veiled extraterrestrial encounter in the park; with a flying saucer arking (not arcing, ARKing) across the sky. It was, quite obviously, a Space Ark.

There are many other examples... I can dig them out of the thread if you like?

You didn't notice it??? :blink:

Shadowgod had an Alien subtext, only vaguely hinted at, running throughout. For example, remember the dream sequence, when Matt sees the earth from orbit?

Or in the infamous ending of the infamous LiS 26, in the final sentence in fact, Val notices that her voice sounds Alien.

And finally, we have the thinly veiled extraterrestrial encounter in the park; with a flying saucer arking (not arcing, ARKing) across the sky. It was, quite obviously, a Space Ark.

There are many other examples... I can dig them out of the thread if you like?

No need to dig them out, CJ. You've given enough subtle hints that we can plod through the 28 chapters of LiS and find 'em ourselves. Or not.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else was still waiting for a resolution on the Alien issue in LiS?

Of course, the answer to your original question is:

YES.

Do you have the answer? Or enough evidence to force Steve to come clean and spill the beans (alien, of course)?

Colin B)

• Site Administrator
But if I answer that question it will surely be a spoiler for 29, which I plan to post on the sixth Thursday in October. If I released such info I'd open myself to attack from all sorts of people that dislike such a ready tongue.

Okay Steve, that kinda confirms your on some Alien calender that none of us are aware of.

Care to explain???? :D

Steve

Okay Steve, that kinda confirms your on some Alien calender that none of us are aware of.

Care to explain???? :D

Steve

See, brainwashing... You take the sixth thursday in October to be an alien caleneder. Surely Aliens wouldn't use the same month names as we do? I was thinking that never would be the conclusion, but sadly you need to be deprogrammed as well. I hope CJ is proud of the torment he inflicts on unsuspecting readers :blink: :sad:

• Site Administrator
See, brainwashing... You take the sixth thursday in October to be an alien caleneder. Surely Aliens wouldn't use the same month names as we do? I was thinking that never would be the conclusion, but sadly you need to be deprogrammed as well. I hope CJ is proud of the torment he inflicts on unsuspecting readers :blink: :sad:

But me thinks you have some inside knowledge into what Aliens actually do use :P .

Once again, care to explain?

Steve

• Site Administrator

Please, leave him alone. It is obvious that he's been corrupted by CJ and can't think straight (though that could be because he's not straight -- I don't know). We just have to be patient, since it is clear to me that chapter 29 is the start of the long awaited story about Cody :) We must be patient....

• Site Administrator
Please, leave him alone. It is obvious that he's been corrupted by CJ and can't think straight (though that could be because he's not straight -- I don't know). We just have to be patient, since it is clear to me that chapter 29 is the start of the long awaited story about Cody :) We must be patient....

Oh, in that case I'll stop immediately :D .

Sorry Steve

Do you have the answer? Or enough evidence to force Steve to come clean and spill the beans (alien, of course)?

Do I have the answer? Well, I *DO* have an excerpt from LiS 13, which was deleted sometime after I beta'd it, by entities unknown, but this, I can truly say, was in the beta of LiS 13... (and I mentioned this earlier in the thread, including posting this excerpt)

Without peeking at other posts, I am here to say that I'm at chapter 11 right now and i am loving every bit of it!

And no, CJ, I haven't encountered any cliffies yet that I can't handle!! guess, I'll have to read more or just read FTL again!! :P

The BeaStKid

Without peeking at other posts, I am here to say that I'm at chapter 11 right now and i am loving every bit of it!

And no, CJ, I haven't encountered any cliffies yet that I can't handle!! guess, I'll have to read more or just read FTL again!! :P

The BeaStKid

What? No cliffies by chapter 11 of LiS?!?!? They're there!!!

At the end of Ch 2;

Joanne gave Jacob a look which spoke volumes, trust, understanding, but most of all that what happened with the school district in Sacramento wasn
At the end of Ch 2;

WHAT happened in Scramento? Shadowgod kept us in suspense for many chapters with that one.

I would not call that a cliffie as it is part of the way the plot unfolded, me guessing it and expecting something like that notwithstanding.

And Ch 3;

We didn't find out until Ch 5 who won...

Duh! I thought cliffies were something that had a major impact on the plot-line!!! :wacko:

That's from Ch 5, and a lulu of a cliffie!

And that cliffie where Jacob breaks his hand is the second most common (no offense to Shadowgod) thing I've ever read in stories after the typical 'guy bumps into guy in the high-school halls and falls in love' theme. I mean, cliffies, for me, are those that leave you breathless, gasping for more. Leaving you with a question mark about what will happen in the next chapter. Stopping the story at the height of a climax. Those are cliffies for me and I think Graeme would agree with me on that.

Cliffies for me are something like what happened in Dan's latest chapter of Rich Boy (Ch.15). Damn! That was one hell of a cliffie. You know, even Dan uses a lot of cliffhangers in his stories. He even killed his hero in the Do Over Saga!!! But I've yet to come across a cliffhanger worthy of attention of the plot-line in LIS. Till then Shadowgod is safely NOT the king of eeevil cliffhangers, YOU ARE!!! :P

I would not call that a cliffie as it is part of the way the plot unfolded, me guessing it and expecting something like that notwithstanding.

Duh! I thought cliffies were something that had a major impact on the plot-line!!! :wacko:

And that cliffie where Jacob breaks his hand is the second most common (no offense to Shadowgod) thing I've ever read in stories after the typical 'guy bumps into guy in the high-school halls and falls in love' theme. I mean, cliffies, for me, are those that leave you breathless, gasping for more. Leaving you with a question mark about what will happen in the next chapter. Stopping the story at the height of a climax. Those are cliffies for me and I think Graeme would agree with me on that.

Cliffies for me are something like what happened in Dan's latest chapter of Rich Boy (Ch.15). Damn! That was one hell of a cliffie. You know, even Dan uses a lot of cliffhangers in his stories. He even killed his hero in the Do Over Saga!!! But I've yet to come across a cliffhanger worthy of attention of the plot-line in LIS. Till then Shadowgod is safely NOT the king of eeevil cliffhangers, YOU ARE!!! :P

Me??!?!?! You can't mean me... I never use cliffhangers!

Well, as for the cliffies having a major impact on the plotline, you would normally be correct; however, Shadowgod is a special case; due to him being the :king: King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers :king: anytime he leaves something open at the end of a chapter, we declare a cliffhanger. :)

BTW, where are you in LiS? The Mother of all Cliffhangers is coming your way quick, in a chapter very near the end... (that's how Shadowgod got his esteemed and perpetual title).

LiS is one heck of a good story, isn't it? I really loved it, Cliffhangers and all. :2thumbs:

CJ :)

Me??!?!?! You can't mean me... I never use cliffhangers!

Well, as for the cliffies having a major impact on the plotline, you would normally be correct; however, Shadowgod is a special case; due to him being the :king: King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers :king: anytime he leaves something open at the end of a chapter, we declare a cliffhanger. :)

BTW, where are you in LiS? The Mother of all Cliffhangers is coming your way quick, in a chapter very near the end... (that's how Shadowgod got his esteemed and perpetual title).

LiS is one heck of a good story, isn't it? I really loved it, Cliffhangers and all. :2thumbs:

CJ :)

I'm at 25 and I've still not encountered any cliffhanger. Some would call that call from Cody a cliffhanger, but here, in this discussion, we are referring to earth-shattering, ground-breaking, out of this world ciffhangers and that certainly wasn't one of them.

Yet to come across the MOTHER OF ALL CLIFFHANGERS. Till then you and Dan are the king for me!! :P

The BeaStKid

P.S

Intend to finish LIS by today.

I'm at 25 and I've still not encountered any cliffhanger. Some would call that call from Cody a cliffhanger, but here, in this discussion, we are referring to earth-shattering, ground-breaking, out of this world ciffhangers and that certainly wasn't one of them.

Yet to come across the MOTHER OF ALL CLIFFHANGERS. Till then you and Dan are the king for me!! :P

The BeaStKid

P.S

Intend to finish LIS by today.

You just finished 25? Then, my freind, you are just about to reach the edge of the biggest precipice ever, for it is LiS 26 that contains the Mother of All Cliffhangers. Why, at this very miniute I'll bet you're dangling over the edge of the precipice!

And the phone call from Cody wasn't a cliffhanger? That was indeed!

Remember, Shadowgod is the :king: King of Eeeevilll Cliffhangers :king:

You just finished 25? Then, my freind, you are just about to reach the edge of the biggest precipice ever, for it is LiS 26 that contains the Mother of All Cliffhangers. Why, at this very miniute I'll bet you're dangling over the edge of the precipice!

And the phone call from Cody wasn't a cliffhanger? That was indeed!

Remember, Shadowgod is the :king: King of Eeeevilll Cliffhangers :king:

He keeps saying that, he's like a snake oil salesman that way, all talk but when it comes down to it his claims have no substance.

He keeps saying that, he's like a snake oil salesman that way, all talk but when it comes down to it his claims have no substance.

Well, Shadowy one, perhaps we should let Beastkid weigh in on this after he has recovered from reading LiS 26, the Mother of all Cliffhangers? :devil:

Finally! A cliffhanger worthy of attention!! Wow! It was great! You must have guessed by now that I am a digger of cliffhangers!!

But, CJ.. you know what? That cliffie was somewhat predictable. I mean, Joanne was constantly fidgeting and the way the acceleration of the bike was depicted, it was straight out of a Bollywood action movie. Guess I've seen one too many of them to predict that something was wrong.

Nevertheless, Shadowgod----> :worship: But you are still a long way from making it to the top as a king!! :P CJ!!

The BeaStKid