[Shadowgod] Living in Surreality

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case.... :P

Welcome back Benji, hope you had a good weekend :)

:( ........Unfortunately, an unproductive one, I had planned to work outside, but the winds made it impossible, course now that its Monday, and the weather is great, now that I'm back at work. :(

hahaha right... :*) Could I argue and say they were known at the end of 27? :unsure:

B) .............You could, but you would just stir up an irate goat!! :P

Yes indeed! LiS 26 is the Mother of All Cliffhangers! The unknowns at the end of the chapter were raised early in the chapter, BUT, that made it even more diabolical; the author concealed the facts for most of the chapter! EEvil!!

:P

Yes indeed! LiS 26 is the Mother of All Cliffhangers! The unknowns at the end of the chapter were raised early in the chapter, BUT, that made it even more diabolical; the author concealed the facts for most of the chapter! EEvil!!

I read somewhere, that if in the first few paragraphs of a chapter following a cliffhanger solves the problem, tht the cliffhanger is pretty much useless. I think it was something Dom posted somewhere. Anyhow I tend to agree with that statement.

At the same time, in the original meaning of the word, (see Perils of Pauline), the cliffhanger is usually resolved at the beginning of the next episode. So, a tense situation not being resolved at the beginning of the following episode/ chapter is hardly a cliffhanger. Hence how could LiS 26 be deemed the "Mother" of all Cliffhangers? Maternal issues, maybe?

Yes it's definitely in the top 5. However, you have had at least one per story to rival it. Whether is was the Mother of all Cliffhangers is still open for debate. What would be the appropriate place for a poll on the matter?

I read somewhere, that if in the first few paragraphs of a chapter following a cliffhanger solves the problem, tht the cliffhanger is pretty much useless. I think it was something Dom posted somewhere. Anyhow I tend to agree with that statement.

Ahhh, yes, I see your point! I think I agree! And of course, LiS 27 did not resolve the issue until about the halfway point, as i recall, so I can wholeheartedly affirm that LiS 26 does not fit that description! :worship:

This seems to confirm that LiS 26 is, indeed, the Mother of all Cliffhangers.

At the same time, in the original meaning of the word, (see Perils of Pauline), the cliffhanger is usually resolved at the beginning of the next episode. So, a tense situation not being resolved at the beginning of the following episode/ chapter is hardly a cliffhanger. Hence how could LiS 26 be deemed the "Mother" of all Cliffhangers? Maternal issues, maybe?

ROFL! Well, hmmm, while I, of course, don't use cliffhangers myself, I do know a bit about them (I've been studying Shadowgod for a while).

Come now, how can you doubt that LiS 26 was the Mother of All Cliffhangers? Just how many cliffhangers have prompted you to make death threats against the author? :P

Yes it's definitely in the top 5. However, you have had at least one per story to rival it. Whether is was the Mother of all Cliffhangers is still open for debate. What would be the appropriate place for a poll on the matter?

A poll? Hmmm... Well, if we limit it to Shadowgod's stories.. Maybe in this forum? What do you say, Shadowgod?

How about multiple choice; which of Shadowgod's cliffhangers would you rate as the Mother of All Cliffhangers, and list the cliffies. I posted a detailed list of the LiS cliffhangers here in this forum, but Shadowgod has cliffies in other stories too; Shot of Bourbon, Prelude to Destiny, and also Dreams & Cliffed Wings (just chapter 2 out of those posted so far).

I could even be helpful and compose the poll... Impartially, of course. :devil:

Come now, how can you doubt that LiS 26 was the Mother of All Cliffhangers? Just how many cliffhangers have prompted you to make death threats against the author? :P

I think you and Shadowgod were the only people I made death threats to on behalf of the way you treated your characters as if they were puppets. But not because of the cliffhangers per se.

Ahhh, yes, I see your point! I think I agree! And of course, LiS 27 did not resolve the issue until about the halfway point, as i recall, so I can wholeheartedly affirm that LiS 26 does not fit that description! :worship:

This seems to confirm that LiS 26 is, indeed, the Mother of all Cliffhangers.

ROFL! Well, hmmm, while I, of course, don't use cliffhangers myself, I do know a bit about them (I've been studying Shadowgod for a while).

A poll? Hmmm... Well, if we limit it to Shadowgod's stories.. Maybe in this forum? What do you say, Shadowgod?

How about multiple choice; which of Shadowgod's cliffhangers would you rate as the Mother of All Cliffhangers, and list the cliffies. I posted a detailed list of the LiS cliffhangers here in this forum, but Shadowgod has cliffies in other stories too; Shot of Bourbon, Prelude to Destiny, and also Dreams & Cliffed Wings (just chapter 2 out of those posted so far).

I could even be helpful and compose the poll... Impartially, of course. :devil:

I believe you have misunderstood. I am talking about comparing the cliffhanger in LiS Chapter 26 to at least one of YOUR evil cliffhangers from FTL or LTMP.

I believe you have misunderstood. I am talking about comparing the cliffhanger in LiS Chapter 26 to at least one of YOUR evil cliffhangers from FTL or LTMP.

I was just thinking that, been as this is Shadowgod's forum, it would would be impolite to mention my stories, so therefor we should have the poll choices for Mother of All Cliffhangers be limited to Shadowgod's stories. 0:)

I was just thinking that, been as this is Shadowgod's forum, it would would be impolite to mention my stories, so therefor we should have the poll choices for Mother of All Cliffhangers be limited to Shadowgod's stories. 0:)

Oh hush CJ, I have given permission to include discussion about your stories in the past :D

Just trying to be helpful :boy:

I was just thinking that, been as this is Shadowgod's forum, it would would be impolite to mention my stories, so therefore we should have the poll choices for Mother of All Cliffhangers be limited to Shadowgod's my stories. 0:)

B) .........Way to go Goat!! :whistle:

Just discovered this story, can't believe I never read it before, it's excellent so far :D

Looking forward to see about Jacob's past. hoping his friends will be cool, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt's dad would try to get Jacob and his mom to move away. seems to be a goody goody type politician, that then has dirty secrets.

Edited by Drewbie
Just discovered this story, can't believe I never read it before, it's excellent so far :D

Looking forward to see about Jacob's past. hoping his friends will be cool, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt's dad would try to get Jacob and his mom to move away. seems to be a goody goody type politician, that then has dirty secrets.

B) .........Your in for a ride!!

I told you that LiS is good. I told Sacha the same thing. LiS is a true masterpiece. I have to read it again some time. :wub:

• 1 month later...

It took about eight chapters to really get hooked. But I kept at it because Tim told me it was a great story. So I kept at it. Man am I glad I did. Once the story got really interesting it kept me captivated all the way through to the end. Steve, you have this wonderful way of describing the smallest of details. Truly remarkable. Also your ability to capture emotions is second to none. This was another of those stories where I could see the whole thing playing out in my mind like a movie. To me that's the hallmark of a great storyteller. The end was great because we got to see that things worked out the way almost everyone had hoped for. Thanks Steve.

Again, I have to say it. It is a true masterpiece. Someday, I hope there is a book by Steve flying off the shelves, because I am definitely hooked! Now, we just need some more Dreams & Clipped Wings. banana-dance.gif

Again, I have to say it. It is a true masterpiece. Someday, I hope there is a book by Steve flying off the shelves, because I am definitely hooked! Now, we just need some more Dreams & Clipped Wings. banana-dance.gif

While there are a very limited number of publishers who would consider turning LiS into a book, I think Steve would have to tone down a lot of the eroticism for that to happen. It's a shame because that part of the story helps show us the depth of love that exists between Jacob and Matt. The scenes are so tender you can't help but feel the love.

Steve, if you ever want to consider having LiS published please let me know. I work with two published authors and could help edit LiS so it would stand a better chance of being accepted by a publisher.

I'd love to see some of the proceeds get funneled back into GA to help our community grow by way of being able to afford things like better hardware and software.

I know you're a busy guy, but give it some thought please. :)

It took about eight chapters to really get hooked. But I kept at it because Tim told me it was a great story. So I kept at it. Man am I glad I did. Once the story got really interesting it kept me captivated all the way through to the end. Steve, you have this wonderful way of describing the smallest of details. Truly remarkable. Also your ability to capture emotions is second to none. This was another of those stories where I could see the whole thing playing out in my mind like a movie. To me that's the hallmark of a great storyteller. The end was great because we got to see that things worked out the way almost everyone had hoped for. Thanks Steve.

B) .......Told ya!! :P