Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

I'd like to hear from you on the use of the sexual content disclaimer. Do all stories here at GA have to have a disclaimer? Does it add or take away from the story? Further, what's the effect of adding an additional warning, in bold, as CJ did for chapters 7 and 8? Why use the verb 'may' in the bold warning? CJ's disclaimer and warning are shown below.

Personnally, from here on in, I'm only reading chapters that have the warning. :o:P:lol:

Conner 0:)

I still like my own disclaimer the best:

DISCLAIMER:

This story is based on actual events from my life. Names, places, dates, times, sexual acts, and personal characteristics have been changed to protect all parties: the guilty, innocent, and uninvolved alike.

Fictional and/or composite characters may have been inserted to make the story longer, hotter or more confusing.

No animals were harmed in the production of this story.

Actors who are of legal age as of this writing portray all characters in this story. Proof is on file at the Secretary General's Office of the United Nations. Write to them if you want to know more.

Quiet is appreciated! Noisy babies should be taken to the lobby. Please turn off all pagers and cell phones to avoid disturbing other members of the audience.

If you believe any of this disclaimer after the first sentence, I have land for sale! Now on with the story - Emoe57

Now you just have to find the story it appears at the top of...

Ok, I'm actually going to get serious here for a moment.....but just a moment. :huh: I'd like to hear from you on the use of the sexual content disclaimer. Do all stories here at GA have to have a disclaimer? Does it add or take away from the story? Further, what's the effect of adding an additional warning, in bold, as CJ did for chapters 7 and 8? Why use the verb 'may' in the bold warning? CJ's disclaimer and warning are shown below.

Personnally, from here on in, I'm only reading chapters that have the warning. :o:P:lol:

Howdy, Goat!!!

That was a little bit of deception on my part. I did it in Ch 7 to let people think they might have sex in that chapter. 0:)

I used it in Ch 8 for similar reasons, even though they did.

That disclaimer won't be back. The next sex scene does not have it.

I still like my own disclaimer the best:

Now you just have to find the story it appears at the top of...

I love that disclaimer!!!!

As for where it appears; I do accept large cash bribes in return for information... 0:)

Never trust the words from Pastor Emoe. ;)

:lmao: How true!!

Isn't it amazing just how much we are finding out about Emoe? the little hint he dropped above, and the Fundi Pastor thing, what next? 0:)

Edited by C James
I love that disclaimer!!!!

As for where it appears; I do accept large cash bribes in return for information...

Isn't it amazing just how much we are finding out about Emoe? the little hint he dropped above, and the Fundi Pastor thing, what next?

The IRS called, you are being audited. You didn't know that my Ex was an IRS auditor and I still have friends there... :devil:

The IRS called, you are being audited. You didn't know that my Ex was an IRS auditor and I still have friends there... :devil:

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have friends at the IRS?!?!!?!?!?

Good grief, and here I thought that being a Fundi preacher was evil..... :o

Before you thought I'd just bring down the wrath of GOD on you. Now you know I can do much worse! :whistle: Better be nice to your editor...

• Site Administrator

And just in case you were wondering if you could escape to Australia, I have a friend who works for the Australian Tax Office -- you can run, but you can't hide.... :devil:

Before you thought I'd just bring down the wrath of GOD on you. Now you know I can do much worse! :whistle: Better be nice to your editor...

And just in case you were wondering if you could escape to Australia, I have a friend who works for the Australian Tax Office -- you can run, but you can't hide.... :devil:

ACK! I feel hunted! :o

Y'all are so mean to this shy, quiet lurker Goat... :ph34r:

BTW, is it time for a chapter title teaser yet? The title of the next chapter is very appropriate, given the above quotes... It is entitled "Ambush". :devil:

Remember CJ...never EVER trust the words of Emoe...no matter one. Whatever he speaks just came out of his ass. :P

Ah Graeme, the Australian Tax Office doesn't enforce the tax rules of the USA. Sorry to disappoint you. :P

Hi,

The cliffhangers! After each chapter, I say "I need more". And this time too. Hope you update soon.

I really enjoy this 'For the Love'. It's really cool, especially the characters. CJames does a very good job. The story has a very nice flow and makes the reader crav for more.

Very nice job, CJames.

Ieshwar

Hi,

The cliffhangers! After each chapter, I say "I need more". And this time too. Hope you update soon.

I really enjoy this 'For the Love'. It's really cool, especially the characters. CJames does a very good job. The story has a very nice flow and makes the reader crav for more.

Very nice job, CJames.

Ieshwar

Thank you ieshwar!

Cliffhangers? Would I do cliffhangers? 0:)

I do try and update weekly. The next one is a chapter (11, I think) called "Ambush", and will be posted on Tuesday.

Thank you ieshwar!

Cliffhangers? Would I do cliffhangers? 0:)

I do try and update weekly. The next one is a chapter (11, I think) called "Ambush", and will be posted on Tuesday.

How about 12? or do you have something against the number 12? :P

CJames, if you do 11, then 11 bis and then go straight to 13, we'll know you're really in league with the forces of evil.

Ahh, you and the Shadowy one are quite right, 12 is the next one.

HOWEVER... Y'all are overlooking an ideal plan here! If I could just re-post the same chapter over and over, I can guarantee that there would be less wait between chapters...

Edited by C James
Ahh, you and the Shadowy one are quite right, 12 is the next one.

HOWEVER... Y'all are overlooking an ideal plan here! If I could just re-post the same chapter over and over, I can guarantee that there would be less wait between chapters...

If you did that you would loose a chapter of subliminal messeging.... Or, youd just reinforce what you have already put out... :devil: sneaky goat...

:ranger:

If you did that you would loose a chapter of subliminal messeging.... Or, youd just reinforce what you have already put out... :devil: sneaky goat...

:ranger:

What? Me, sneaky? Subliminal messaging? Would I do such a thing? 0:)

Good sign: the discussion is drifting off-topic, and we're getting some friendly bickering... This means the new chapter 12 is about to be released, like two days from now, or... a bit more ? No, Crystal Ball, you're wrong, you're wrong! Not three days! :thumbdown:

I dont mean to point out the blaringly obvious... But, your halo is broken...

:P

I have no idea what you could possibly be referring to... 0:)

Why, the next thing you know, you will be accusing me of using cliffhangers... 0:)

Good sign: the discussion is drifting off-topic, and we're getting some friendly bickering... This means the new chapter 12 is about to be released, like two days from now, or... a bit more ? No, Crystal Ball, you're wrong, you're wrong! Not three days! :thumbdown:

Less that 48 hours, in fact... I plan on posting it late morning on Tuesday, Arizona time (of course, work might de-rail that for a few hours, but I will try). And yes, I suppose, if I really must, I can post Ch 12 instead of re-posting ch 11. :lol:

Thanks!!!

The thing I'm liking most about
  • Site Administrator
The real reason for this not being a teen angst story is actually simple: I suck at writing those. I'd end up with a four chapter story. :lmao: I also very much like adventure/mystery plots (My favorite mainstream genre is the technothriller) so that was a natural for me to pick to write.

Everyone has their favourite genres. What I can't work out is why I tend to write romances when what I prefer to read is Science Fiction and Fantasy, with the odd adventure story thrown in....

The fact there was mystery and action was what got me interested in the story. The whole teenage romance genre (I didn't see it as teen angst, but yeah...) is fun to read too, and I actually got into reading romance for the first time in my life. And like it. But fiction in which the characters' sexual orientation is an aside more than the focus of the story is great, and what I'm after. I haven't read much from the hosted/ shared authors (shame on me), but I hope to have some nice surprises over the next few months.

I'm a reader of lots of different genres, but I now know what I can actually write, and there is a little niche and demand for the type of fiction I do, and it allows me to explore various genres too.

Everyone has their favourite genres. What I can't work out is why I tend to write romances when what I prefer to read is Science Fiction and Fantasy, with the odd adventure story thrown in....

Sci/fi is one of my favorites too. In fact, there is a very good chance that the story I post after "For the Love" will be "Skyfire", which will be hard sci-fi. :read:

The fact there was mystery and action was what got me interested in the story. The whole teenage romance genre (I didn't see it as teen angst, but yeah...) is fun to read too, and I actually got into reading romance for the first time in my life. And like it. But fiction in which the characters' sexual orientation is an aside more than the focus of the story is great, and what I'm after. I haven't read much from the hosted/ shared authors (shame on me), but I hope to have some nice surprises over the next few months.

I think one mistake I made was starting "For the Love" off by making it appear to be a romance/coming out story, or a dark blackmail story. I know I lost readers due to that. I probably should have billed it as "action/adventure" from the start. The problem I had was that it has aspects of several genres in it, so I didn't want to limit it too much. But, it is my first try, so I was bound to make many errors. :lol:

I think one mistake I made was starting "For the Love" off by making it appear to be a romance/coming out story, or a dark blackmail story. I know I lost readers due to that. I probably should have billed it as "action/adventure" from the start. The problem I had was that it has aspects of several genres in it, so I didn't want to limit it too much. But, it is my first try, so I was bound to make many errors.

I think that those who were turned off may come back as the story develops and the buzz gets back to them to try the story again. I can't count the number of first-time or 'i dont usually read this but' posts in DK's forum. Word-of-mouth via post, pm or email about a good story will draw in readers every time! :king:

• Site Administrator
I think that those who were turned off may come back as the story develops and the buzz gets back to them to try the story again. I can't count the number of first-time or 'i dont usually read this but' posts in DK's forum. Word-of-mouth via post, pm or email about a good story will draw in readers every time! :king:

100% agree.

I know I lost readers with the first chapter of my first story because it just wasn't interesting enough (okay -- it was boring). When other people encouraged them to go back and keep reading they realised it picked up and improved from that point.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..