[NickolasJames8] The Christmas Letter

You made me cry Nick. It was simply wonderful. That you are 15 and write this well just baffles me. You've got a hell of a gift. I'll be reading more of your work soon!

One correction and of course it is incredibly minor. A simple typo :) One I make all the time.

and that no matter what she did, he

Thanks dude :) That means a lot to me. I've told myself this story over and over again, and I when I got a lump in my throat thinking about it the other night, I knew I was ready to tell it :devil: I know it gives new meaning to the title "short story" with it's lack of kb's, but I feel really good about the finished product :)

Thanks dude :) That means a lot to me. I've told myself this story over and over again, and I when I got a lump in my throat thinking about it the other night, I knew I was ready to tell it :devil: I know it gives new meaning to the title "short story" with it's lack of kb's, but I feel really good about the finished product :)

You know... just because there aren't a lot of words doesn't mean it's incomplete or lacking in any way. I thought the characters were well rounded. You built them with their actions and not a lot of fluff. To me, it was just as real if not more so.

So... don't worry about the kb's. Screw the kb's ;) It's perfect as it is.

OMG Nick, this is such a beautiful story.

I read a lot of your stuff, but each time that I think that you can't surprise me anymore, you produce something totally amazing that proves me wrong. This little story is so charming and sad, that I cried too.

This kid still believes in Santa and at the same time he is so mature; he is the man of the house. In this story the kid looses his innocence forever and realizes that there are things Santa can't fix.

Amazing work Nick! :2thumbs:

:hug: ,

Michael.

Nick and did talk about this story at length before it was posted and the one thing I forgot to tell him was, I liked it.

Jan

I like it, too. A little bit of a head start before the season...but the story is very heartwarming. And who says the Christmas spirit can't be present 365 days/year.

Thanks,

Jack B)

What a touching little story... *wiping tears*

Really well told in a way that's so personal and from the eyes of a caring and thoughtful kid, who had little, but wanted to give others so much more. Heartwarming :wub: It's reading stories like this that make you feel so fortunate and grateful for everything that you have.

So this is what you meant by 'telling-myself-a-story-for-a-week'! The power of self-persuasion...I'll give it a try, maybe it'll work for me too :huh:

Thanks Formosa....actually, the one I told myself for a week was my Winter Anthology entry. This is one I've been telling myself for like 8 months. For a long time it would make me get a lump in my throat, then I'd get ready to write it and it didnt have that effect for me anymore so I deleted it....this time, though, I was sniffling through the whole thing :( I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Thanks Formosa....actually, the one I told myself for a week was my Winter Anthology entry. This is one I've been telling myself for like 8 months. For a long time it would make me get a lump in my throat, then I'd get ready to write it and it didnt have that effect for me anymore so I deleted it....this time, though, I was sniffling through the whole thing :( I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Wow, eight months in the making! :worship: No wonder it had such a 'sniffling' impact on people!~

I know that 'lump-in-the-throat' feeling...sometimes just walking around all these ideas would be running around wildly in my head, but when you sit down and try to 'catch' them again, they've escaped.Need to set up a trap and wait for them to come back...but then the more you wait, the less likely they'll come :blink: Frustrating...

take care,

David

• Site Administrator

Quality is always more important than quantity, and this is definitely quality.

I was wondering if you were going to go for the happy ending, but the way you ended it was perfect.

Congratulations! :2thumbs:

Graeme :)

Wow, eight months in the making! :worship: No wonder it had such a 'sniffling' impact on people!~

I know that 'lump-in-the-throat' feeling...sometimes just walking around all these ideas would be running around wildly in my head, but when you sit down and try to 'catch' them again, they've escaped.Need to set up a trap and wait for them to come back...but then the more you wait, the less likely they'll come :blink: Frustrating...

take care,

David

It's funny, I feel like my style's changing a little. It's like my story idea's are getting darker and the themes I'm thinking about deal with more troubling subjects than I've ever pondered in my life. I carry a little note pad with me now and sometimes when I'm at school or just anywhere, I write in it when inspiration strikes so I don't lose that feeling before I can capitalize on it :)

Quality is always more important than quantity, and this is definitely quality.

I was wondering if you were going to go for the happy ending, but the way you ended it was perfect.

Congratulations! :2thumbs:

Graeme :)

Thanks Graeme. It means a lot to hear that kind of compliment from someone as talented as you. I had to think long and hard about the length, and I decided that I was going to ruin it if I added anymore to the story, so I just went with my gut feeling. :pickaxe: