ok...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm yeah...

What he said. Uh, Ditto! OMG! :o:o

Dom, your evil! Another cliffhanger on what was supposed to be that last chapter?!! :pissed::pissed:

I would NEVER do that to my readers! 0:)0:) (I wish I could do that to my readers! :devil: )

Seriously though :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::worship::worship::worship:

WELL DONE!

Hugs,

Rick

ok...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm yeah...

What he said. Uh, Ditto! OMG! :o:o

Dom, your evil! Another cliffhanger on what was supposed to be that last chapter?!! :pissed::pissed:

I would NEVER do that to my readers! 0:)0:)

Seriously though :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::worship::worship::worship:

WELL DONE!

Hugs,

Rick

Can I say Ditto as well.

Jeez great chapter Dom :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: , you always seem to amaze me every time I read one of your chapters. Actually I think I have to read this chapter again it left me in aw...

Anthony

Suddenly as if in a flash I saw Dom's jaw at the other end of Davids fist. :pissed::evil: Truly evil Dom.

Having a fight between the brothers when all efforts should be on stopping Brian Martin. Arghhh

And also promising an epilogue after this chapter. Well for me an epilogue comes after the drama is over.

So quit complaining [hit myself with a stick :battleaxe: ] Dom is a great writer but it's so hard to wait for the final. Hope they all really rock the boat. :snork:

Wow! OMG indeed!!!

David is becoming more and more of a mystery. His reactions struck me as decidedly odd, and that was before that final scene.

Right now, the only way I can see this ending in another chapter is if Brain ends up deep-sixing everyone in the middle of the lake. :o

Once again, Dom, well done. I don't mind the 'cliff hangers'. It keeps me coming back for more. What does matter is that you've taken your time to carefully develop the story and characters and you keep inviting the reader to be involved in the story. As I've remarked elsewhere, some authors lose interest in their stories and 'give up' in the final chapters - anxious to close them out and get on with another story line. I've never felt that in any of your stories. I've always found that the end of your stories receives as much - even more - attention and care as the beginning and middle.

Thank you for sharing your talents and time with us.

Indeed, you rule!

:worship::worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks.

John

P.S. I even find your blogs intriguing. Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

This chapter was just....grrr!

I'm a little sad that David lied about Odetta Grover, though it would resolve things more quietly, over all...though I have a feeling it won't go like that, and that Brian will end up saying that David killed Odetta or David will confess or something. Honestly, I don't want to see David get a bad ending. He deserves a good ending. Same goes for Frank and Oliver, but that's a given. I think that in the end I think that moving to the middle of nowhere, meeting a messed up family, and living out a horror story was good for Frank and his family, not to mention how much I feel it would help Oliver and David. I just hope they all get to live out the horror movie so they can have a happy ending.

I'm happy this is almost over, cause the cliffies with this one caused profuse bleeding from the tips of my fingers (due to nail biting)....well, at least more then usual. Amazing work, Dom, and I can't wait to see what you will come up with next (once you finish With Trust, at least).

I'm a little sad that David lied about Odetta Grover, though it would resolve things more quietly, over all...though I have a feeling it won't go like that, and that Brian will end up saying that David killed Odetta or David will confess or something. Honestly, I don't want to see David get a bad ending. He deserves a good ending. Same goes for Frank and Oliver, but that's a given. I think that in the end I think that moving to the middle of nowhere, meeting a messed up family, and living out a horror story was good for Frank and his family, not to mention how much I feel it would help Oliver and David. I just hope they all get to live out the horror movie so they can have a happy ending.

I wonder what the reaction of the people on this board would be if they read in a newspaper or saw a TV report, with the defendent a 'David' type person?

Would the sympathy and restorative justice come through as it does in the comments about a story, or would people be more judgemental and think some form of personal retribution be in order?

I ask, because I think stories or films like TOSOM, should act as a thoughtful conscience pointer, when we are confronted in real life with these types of circumstances, and that hopefully the knee jerk reaction of 'lock'em up and throw away the key, would be overcome with some aforethought.

bodgy

Hmmmm...IMO, if David is guilty of murder, he's guilty of murder. Odetta Grover most probably terrified as she was being drowned against her will, and if nothing else, David ought to pay for his crime either by spending the rest of his life.

Unfortunately I can't answer this without going off topic, but I take it, mitigating circumstances or the possibilty of that awful word rehabilitiaton are not options in your experience?

bodgy

Well, this seems a good point to pose another question: "Why is this story called 'The Other Side of me?'" For 13 chapters, I've always interpreted the title in light of David and Oliver - especially when most of us thought that this was a dual personaility story. However, the title can also pose the question: "Isn't there a dual side in all of us? A force for good and a force for evil? And the battle lasts a lifetime."

Just a thought. Dom, there are so many levels to your stories. Boy, am I having fun!

:*)

John

Edited by johnM
Unfortunately I can't answer this without going off topic, but I take it, mitigating circumstances or the possibilty of that awful word rehabilitiaton are not options in your experience?

bodgy

It's not that I don't believe in rehabilitation....it's that David not only took a life, but he did it in a way that was more horrific than it had to be. I mean, can you imagine already being scared, and then realizing at some point that you're being murdered?? It's too much, and as much as we might like David as a character, he still has to pay in full for the life he ended.

God. Just discovered it yesterday, and I rushed home to finish it today! I even contemplated cutting class, thankfully guilt kept me from doing something that bad. It seems that Dom had no conscience though. Soooo Insensitive. What's up with the cliffy?!

Sigh... but after reading TOSM in two sitting (when the emotion and excitement is most felt without the week of interval waiting for an update), my emotions were taken in various spin, and I'm sure my endocrine system exhausted itself. I'm not sure if I would suggest to others reading this story non-stop. Bad for the heart, tortuous for the mind. Better leave a day or two in between chapters until the emotions and chemicals settle down, and you ponder on some theories regarding the mystery.

I can't help but feel bad about the fate of the characters. Take David for example. We already know that this story won't end good for him. And with him gone, it's sad for Oliver to spend his entire life on that state. Even with Frank around, sometimes, we just know that things will turn out difficult for him. Is there no way for him to regain his sanity? Hopefully Dom is a miracle worker. :worship: I wouldn't mind much even if it's far from reality if ever you made it like that, Dom. I love happy endings.

Regarding the cliffy though, I wonder if David still blames Oliver for what happened? We know that Oliver is not at fault, but David had just been through a terrible ordeal, so it would not be surprising if he does something... well, irrational.

bodgy

The thing is, there is always an explanation. Brian Martin might have become the demon he is, because his father treated him in the same way Brian has been treating David...

It's like a nightmare. I wouldn't be surprised if David woke up and the last chapters turned out to have been a bad dream.

I wouldn't be surprised if David woke up and the last chapters turned out to have been a bad dream.

He wakes up and discovers he is in the shower with Bobby Ewing.

And you thought there wasn't going to be any gay sex in the story.

What this story takes place in Dallas? :wacko:

Perhaps Frank's mum is Sue-Ellen -personally I see him perhaps as one of the Waltons - this is really dating us, can't wait for the perosn who says 'what the hell are they talking about?' :blink:

bodgy