Harry Potter News

Myr

Okay - let the betting begin.

How many main characters are going to die in the seventh book!

Let's start the letter writing campaign to save Harry now while we still have time.

How many people think Harry, Ron, and Hermione will be alive at the end?

Centaur

If she kills Harry, I'm disowning her and burning all of my books. And the DVD's. And the cardboard cutouts. And I'm deleting all the random fanfics I've found. Okay... I'll shut up now.

• Site Administrator

If I was a total cynic, this is what I would expect to happen:

1. Harry is killed by Voldemort

2. Hermoine gets pregnant and has a baby (I wonder who was the father?)

3. Voldemort kills Hermoine.

4. Voldemort tries to kill the baby, but something goes wrong and the spell reflects back on him.

5. The baby is taken away by friends and handed over to some Muggles to be raised.

However, since I thought of this, I doubt that's what's going to happen... :P

Okay - let the betting begin.

How many main characters are going to die in the seventh book!

Let's start the letter writing campaign to save Harry now while we still have time.

How many people think Harry, Ron, and Hermione will be alive at the end?

Centaur

Harry will survive (I'm going to biaised here and not accept the possiblity...)

If she kills Harry, I'm disowning her and burning all of my books. And the DVD's. And the cardboard cutouts. And I'm deleting all the random fanfics I've found. Okay... I'll shut up now.

Hmmm...does anyone remember the prophecy at all?! It leaves only one of two possibilities. Either Harry kills Voldemort or Voldemort kills Harry. Since it is JKR I expect her to keep her protagonist alive. Plus this is the seventh book so it needs some finality...thus Mr. Riddle will be killed...I'm calling it, its gotta happen, lol. As for others dieing, I don't know. I expect there to be more deaths in this book than all the rest but I don't know if any of the main 3 will be killed. I don't think she will but who knows. I do expect many close to Harry to die though.

If I was a total cynic, this is what I would expect to happen:

1. Harry is killed by Voldemort

2. Hermoine gets pregnant and has a baby (I wonder who was the father?)

3. Voldemort kills Hermoine.

4. Voldemort tries to kill the baby, but something goes wrong and the spell reflects back on him.

5. The baby is taken away by friends and handed over to some Muggles to be raised.

However, since I thought of this, I doubt that's what's going to happen... :P

Interesting prediction Graeme...so the whole thing is going to start over again, eh? :P

Let me throw out a real question...You guys remember the note in the locket...who do you guys thing is this 'R.A.B.' person who left the note. I know the most popular theory is Sirius's brother Reagalus Black. Any other ideas?

Greg :)

well.....maybe its not R.A.B... maybe its actually Rab.....so that could mean that its Rab C. Nesbitt..... or it could be the driver who drove the school bus on Tuesdays... he was called Rab. ok, forget those idea's.

Anyway, I saw something on the news. Said there will be more deaths and that one of the characters will stay on at hogwarts and become a teacher. I'm guessing Hermione or Harry.

What I don't understand is this extreme fascination with Harry Potter... I have read none of the books, but from what I can see of the movie trailors, as well as having seen the Goblet of Fire, the entire series is rubbish. Blegh, I hope for the sake of mankind that if only one person dies in this book, let it be Harry. That way, the series can finally die off, like Friends did.

What I don't understand is this extreme fascination with Harry Potter... I have read none of the books, but from what I can see of the movie trailors, as well as having seen the Goblet of Fire, the entire series is rubbish. Blegh, I hope for the sake of mankind that if only one person dies in this book, let it be Harry. That way, the series can finally die off, like Friends did.

Well thats already going to happen as J.k. already has stated more then once that after book seven she will not touch the universe of Harry or Hogwarts again, Money does speak louder then words though so we'll just have to see on that one.

As for my predictions,

Snape dies saving Harry :P

Steve

Well thats already going to happen as J.k. already has stated more then once that after book seven she will not touch the universe of Harry or Hogwarts again, Money does speak louder then words though so we'll just have to see on that one.

As for my predictions,

Snape dies saving Harry :P

Steve

For as much money as she's getting... you're damn right I'd write another one.

Hmmm...does anyone remember the prophecy at all?! It leaves only one of two possibilities. Either Harry kills Voldemort or Voldemort kills Harry. Since it is JKR I expect her to keep her protagonist alive. Plus this is the seventh book so it needs some finality...thus Mr. Riddle will be killed...I'm calling it, its gotta happen, lol. As for others dieing, I don't know. I expect there to be more deaths in this book than all the rest but I don't know if any of the main 3 will be killed. I don't think she will but who knows. I do expect many close to Harry to die though.

Yes I do remember it. I still say he will not dare die. :P

Things that won't happen:

Harry cannot possibly die. Jo will not betray her fans like that, she cares about us too much.

Dumbledore will not come back to life.

Things we want to happen:

Draco and Snape are good guys, but Snape will die, because he promised to protect Draco.

Percy will drag his stupid pompous ass back to his family and admit he was wrong, only to be eaten alive defending them against Inferii.

Things that will happen, are good for the story, but still suck:

Harry and Ginny continue their breakup.

Harry will not be attending Hogwarts, meaning that for the first time, the trio will be geographically divided for most of the book.

And rknapp, the movies so far have been disappointing. Goblet was nice, but not quite good enough. But Phoenix looks like the big redeemer, so reserve judgment until 07/07/07!

• 1 month later...

Okay, my predictions for the final book. Harry defeats Voldemort (but there is also the chance that Harry might have to die in order for Voldemort to be destroyed, since part of Voldemort is in him now), but not before Ron, Neville and Colin get killed, along McGonogal, but she also kills Lucius Malfoy before she dies. Snape will get killed defeneding Draco, but Draco is severly injured as well. Hermione will eventually come back and take over McGonogal's position at Hogwarts, eventually becoming the head mistress there.

Just some food for thought and to get the discussion stirred up.

He needs to shave....17 years old and already getting some hair. <_<

I'm preordering a book when I get my chance at a downtown bookstore. I'm waiting for July 21st...and also for the fifth movie coming a week before the book comes out. :D

Here's my prediction:

Hermione: Alive

Ron: Alive, but wounded

Harry: His scar's a horocrux, he's gonna die

Fred and George: Go down in a blaze of glory, which will be magnificant and heartbreaking at the same time.

Hagrid: Hard to say, but I think he'll die

MaGonagall: Dead

Molly and Arthur: Alive