Hi Dagus (and all other Vance fans!):

I thought I would step in and post a response because I have some answers for you! I'm lucky enough to be a beta reader for Vance's next story, and with his permission, I wanted to tell you some great news!

As a MAJOR fan of Vance's stories (I can't be #1 because I think Kurt has that locked down - hi Kurt!), I was excited to hear from Vance that he was working on a new story even while he was finishing Unbreakable Faith. I know we all loved that story, and I was sorry to see it end. However, I was relieved to hear that we wouldn't be waiting that long for Vance's next great story!

So, here's the scoop folks. Vance's next story is about a character named Matt - he doesn't have a title yet. I've read five chapters so far, and WHOA! It is awesome! I know none of you are surprised that it's ANOTHER great story by Vance. I have to tell everyone that this story about Matt is quickly becoming one of my favorites by him (I don't think Shane will ever get dethroned as my favorite, but we'll see).

Vance's stories keep getting better, and this one is no exception! We're introduced to Matt in the first chapter, and he's in a desperate situation. He is trying to help his boyfriend, who is seriously ill but needs medication. Matt, while trying to help get the medication, gets caught in an illegal act and is handed over to social services. They bring him to a home for boys, and he quickly finds himself in a hopeless situation, at least in his mind. He HAS TO ESCAPE! He has to get back to his bf, whom Matt is worried will die without his help!

We meet others who are trying to "help" Matt, but all he wants is to get out of there. Matt is trapped, and he doesn't know what to do. He's suspicious of everyone, and quickly finds that the other boys around him don't like him because he comes from a poor family. The prospect of being stuck in this home with no friends and unable to escape to help his boyfriend depresses Matt and he holds little hope of finding a solution.

But, not all is as it seems, and Matt soon finds out that all is not lost. I can't say anymore because WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE STORY!

Well Vance fans, there is the inside scoop! I've LOVED the five chapters and I would dare to say (don't yell at me) that I think "Matt" (soon to be named) will be even BETTER than Unbreakable Faith! LOL - I'm sure that's heresy for some of you, but I promise it's worth the wait!

So, when will we get the story??!?!?! Soon, Vance promises. I would guess within a few weeks. He is making AWESOME progress on it, and I can tell he's excited (I'm more excited than he is! LOL).

That's all I can tell you for now! Don't forget to email Vance or post here how much you love his stories! An author's lifeblood is feedback. He is a wonderful author, and I can't wait for "Matt" to come out!

All my best!

Centaur

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the little preview :D

Wow I hope I can get on line and get the story as it comes out..I have been waiting for it to come out but sounds like Vance has other stuff happening Hope all works out. I am heading back to my boat and Spain and ???? Pax Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Another hour. I dont think i can make it. Please post it an hour early. I'm sooo tired :(:sleep::mellow:

Hey, it's already 17:12 where I live, and still no story ... I've chewed out all my fingernails already, and i'm planning on going out tonight, i'll look awful, i won't score, and that's vlista's fault !!!

Do you think I can sue ?

I'm putting on Petra Magoni's Jazz take of "I will survive" to try and calm down while warming up for tonight :-p

Hey writeincode, I think the continental US are spread over 3 time zones, and I don't know in which one Vlista is :-p

not sure what time it is in New England thats where it said he is

After a bit of diggin, New england is actually the several US states at the very north-eastern tip, GMT -6; so it past midday yhere already... on your marks , set ...

ok my bad sorry just thought i was able to help. no big deal.

ok my bad sorry just thought i was able to help. no big deal.

My bad, I meant to add Eastern Standard Time to that announcement. - It's been posted for about two and a half hours now.

Sorry for the confusion.

GaryO

lol gary no problem, hunting for the info took us away from the nervous wait... and I would have had to research eastern standard time too anyway :-p

methinks vlista's story is off to a very good start, by the way :-))