I find the Aiden/Owen situation really sad, and yet so so interesting. :2thumbs: I really want to see more of this side of the story. lol. This chapter was really good. It reminded me of the original The Log Way. For a while the feel was kinda straying for me, I think because of the emphasis on Travis and the Gordon Family.

I agree with raz. It was alot more like TLW and i definately like that :D

Although I thought Dennis liked Travis it still surprised me that Dennis wasn't ALOT more pissed off. He was more *o, you don't have to leave. Smile. Bat eyelashes* than the *omg! wtf! Get the hell out. Sucker punch.* that i was expecting for some reason. Yay!

I agree with raz. It was alot more like TLW and i definately like that :D

OK. That explains it, sort of. My first reaction to the chapter was that it was some of Dom's best writing in a long time, from the killer opening paragraph (well two, really, since it concludes with the short paragraph) on. But since you two mentioned it, what was great was not just the quality but also the flavor of TLW.

Jim really should have caught the sudden, unexpected appearance of Lyle. But I sure can't think of anything else to complain about.

This chapter itself was a great Easter present. But I sense that in the story itself Valentine's Day presents a lot of opportunites. It's likely to be an eventful 10 days, and however many chapters that correspond to that time frame.

Now I really think Travis likes Dennis.

That is all.

Travis certainly knows what he wants. But what does Dennis want? What would his reaction have been had they not been interupted by the phone call from his mother? I never met the woman and I hate her for aiding and abetting Dom in another cliffhanger. Stop and think about it. That was a clever cliffhanger.

That Dom is a :devil: .

Edited by MikeL

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, AWESOME! lol

I was clapping at the kiss, but I'm sooooo mad at Dennis' mom(my mortal enemy now). I hate her now, grrr. lol Anywho, awesome chapter and Aiden's point of view is ok....still not my favorite person and I liked Travis' humor at the end when he was filling out the application. He reminded me of my friend, who put 'Buddha' in a job application once.

I definitely think that Dennis is atleast bi and may even be gay. Most straight guys would have reacted to advances like that in a defensive manner. Dennis, well, it seems like he was actually enjoying it. he brought his hands up to Travis's shoulders and just held it there. Not pushing or shoving Travis back. Also, it seems as if Dennis was mad at Reiley for interupting the moment. If it was any other situation, Dennis would have been modest to Reiley like he has been since the beginning of this story.

Although I thought Dennis liked Travis it still surprised me that Dennis wasn't ALOT more pissed off. He was more *o, you don't have to leave. Smile. Bat eyelashes* than the *omg! wtf! Get the hell out. Sucker punch.* that i was expecting for some reason. Yay!

I agree, I've been rooting for TDITE ( :P ) since I started seeing their interaction, but I was still surprised when Travis finally made his move and even more surprised with how (well) Dennis reacted. I can't wait to see how Dennis feels in the next chapter.

Travis certainly knows what he wants. But what does Dennis want? What would his reaction have been had they not been interupted by the phone call from his mother? I never met the woman and I hate her for aiding and abetting Dom in another cliffhanger. Stop and think about it. That was a clever cliffhanger.

Well, you'd get to "meet" her a bit if you read TLW. ;)

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, AWESOME! lol

LOL! You took my word! :P:boy:

I definitely think that Dennis is atleast bi and may even be gay. Most straight guys would have reacted to advances like that in a defensive manner. Dennis, well, it seems like he was actually enjoying it. he brought his hands up to Travis's shoulders and just held it there. Not pushing or shoving Travis back. Also, it seems as if Dennis was mad at Reiley for interupting the moment. If it was any other situation, Dennis would have been modest to Reiley like he has been since the beginning of this story.

I do agree with you. Also, this brings up another point: I've been wanting to see more of Reiley since the beginning of the story. I was kinda thinking this story would focus more on him, but so far he's still as enigmatic as ever.

Anyway, since I'm finally actually caught up on the story I have a few comments about it's progression so far.

First off TRAVIS. I'm struck by how different Travis is now than when he was a kid, and I'm curious to find out exactly what happened along the way to make him as he is. Overall, though I definitely liked him as a kid, I so far am not especially fond of him as a young adult. Admittedly that could be because he seems to be hindering Owen and Aiden's reconciliation, and because Owen doesn't particularly like him. I invest more with Owen than any of Dom's other characters, so those two simple facts could be enough to make me fairly biased. On the other hand Travis does seem to be a bit of a frustrating jerk for the most part. I mean he shuts everyone out, is incredibly self-destructive, and in general just irritatingly secretive. I feel sorry for him, but he does sorta get on my nerves.

Next, LACY. Frankly, I want to either see her reconcile with Ryan or get back with Nicky. I'm crazy about Chris and he was one of my favourite characters in TLW, but I'm just having trouble seeing her with him. I think she belongs with Ryan, and failing that she needs to make up with Ryan and start seeing Nicky. I suppose I might invest more in the Lacy/Chris relationship as time goes on, but it seems pretty weird right now. As for Lacy herself, well it's irritating the way she keeps blowing off Ryan (another of my old favourites) and she'd better have a good reason! (which I'm dying to find out about).

As for RYAN, I just haven't gotten to see enough of him in this story. The last two chapters were better, but I still feel like we're not seeing enough of him. Also, what happened to his trademark hugs? By my estimation he hasn't hugged anyone in the first eleven chapters of the story. That's completely unlike him!

Also, just who is KYLE? I still don't really know. He just doesn't seem to have much of a personality yet. He worries about Travis, and is Nicky's cousin...and that's about it. I suppose Dom has plans for him, but so far he seems largely superflous.

NICKY, is interesting. I'm glad to be seeing slightly more of him in this story, and I think I could definitely empathise with him as a character, but I'd definitely like to see a little more of him too.

OWEN and AIDEN are still the characters I care the most about in this story, and I'd like to see much more of them. I definitely think they'll get back together before the end of the story, and I hope it "sticks" this time. Personally, I'm surprised they broke up. They seemed like such a great couple, and overall I think I'd rather have seen them still together (but focused on in a greatly diminished capacity) in this story, and just acting as sort of random support for the other characters instead of having a big chunk of the story be about them getting back together. To me everything was fine with their relationship, and it was all "settled and done with" in TLW. I think I'd have preferred for them to play a smaller role and instead have some of the extra attention shift to some of the other characters. Anyway, since that isn't really the case I'm eager to see what happens next with them.

DENNIS, he's perhaps the most interesting character in the sequel. I'm extremely proud of him for all the positive changes that he's made and I'm very eager to see what happens next for him. I'm very fascinated by his story and I like where things seem to be going. I really want to see him make up with Ben and Leo, and perhaps get to be okay with Ryan and Aiden.

LEO and BEN, I'm dying to see more of these two and get deeper into what happened and what might happen.

Where are TONY, JAKE, ADAM, SHANE, and JANIE? I suppose this story just isn't really about them, and apart from Tony, and probably Jake, I don't even really expect them to make an appearence (I do expect Tony and Jake's return to be fairly important though and I think it'll happen toward the end of the story). On the one hand I guess it's good that they're out of the way since there's already plenty of other things going on with all the other characters. On the other hand I'd at least like a little mention about what's going on with Adam and Janie.

Anyway, this is a really great story and I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

-Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

*having read TLW in one night and still found stuff he'd missed the first 2 times*

*prepares for barrage of rotten tomatoes*

I'm kind of (in a, right on the borderline of) miffed at the amount of text time/space thats being given to Aiden/Owen, I loved them in TLW. I liked their story... IN TLW. I see this as Travis' story in a way. I pretty much got the feeling that at the end of TLW that That was the end of the Owen/Aiden thread.. (after the first 2 weeks of impatiently thinking 'when does the sequel come out') and got it into my head that that was that. (I'm over using the word That abit). That their story was concluded, and the prologue for ITFB also got me in that mind-set for the proceeding story. I'm not averse to Owen and Aiden getting back together, or staying apart either. Sure I'm slightly curious about their break up, but at the same time it ruins the magic of TLW in a way.

I like Travis... as a character. IRL I'd either Hate him, or feel sorry for him, neither of which are good starts for a friendship. But he's got just the right amount of screwed-up-ed-ness, which is good. He's got an interesting backstory, which I desperately want to know more about. (I could cope with a Travis/Owen trip or a Travis/Aiden trip, but again it might ruin some of the magic of TLW, and might seem Deus Ex Machina -esque)

I don't like Dennis. Just Cause... I never liked him, I don't like Bully-gone-good stories usually (which is pretty contradictory given my above comments.. imo.. buuuttt it's late..) Then again I don't identify with him at all which might be some of the problem.

Lyle - Blarg, meeting with a 12guage please, or a .50cal :D .

Reily... the kid needs to get laid, as a side quest/plot.

I liked Adam, I could see him as a supporting character. *wink*

I wanna know more about Travis' brother :D

I want Ryan and Lacy to get back together.

I want Leo to break dennis' face, then do the 12guageing on Lyle. And I'd like to hear more of Ben's story, even if it does involve having more Dennis.

I could care less about Dennis' parents.

I can see Tony/Jake re-appearing after their.. Cruise? Honeymoon?

Um.. yeah, Write more or I'll CRY.. :D

*reads above post* That seems more negative than posetive doesn't it... I should point out that I really like the story (and all the others Dom has written) as it is, and if it was different I'd probably be posting a different thing, maybe even screaming out MOAR OWEN AND AIDEN, I'll never know. *Does the I Like Travis dance*

*Skulks out of the forum thoroughly tomatoed, to attempt to write his own drivel*

I'm kind of (in a, right on the borderline of) miffed at the amount of text time/space thats being given to Aiden/Owen, I loved them in TLW. I liked their story... IN TLW. I see this as Travis' story in a way. I pretty much got the feeling that at the end of TLW that That was the end of the Owen/Aiden thread.. (after the first 2 weeks of impatiently thinking 'when does the sequel come out') and got it into my head that that was that. (I'm over using the word That abit). That their story was concluded, and the prologue for ITFB also got me in that mind-set for the proceeding story. I'm not averse to Owen and Aiden getting back together, or staying apart either. Sure I'm slightly curious about their break up, but at the same time it ruins the magic of TLW in a way.

Actually, that's all pretty much what I was thinking too.

I like Travis... as a character. IRL I'd either Hate him, or feel sorry for him, neither of which are good starts for a friendship. But he's got just the right amount of screwed-up-ed-ness, which is good. He's got an interesting backstory, which I desperately want to know more about.

Agreed

(I could cope with a Travis/Owen trip or a Travis/Aiden trip, but again it might ruin some of the magic of TLW, and might seem Deus Ex Machina -esque)

Okay, NOW you get the rotten tomatoes **throws a few** for even suggesting that Aiden and Owen end up with anyone but each other - which would, as you said, most definitely "ruin the magic!

I don't like Dennis. Just Cause... I never liked him, I don't like Bully-gone-good stories usually (which is pretty contradictory given my above comments.. imo.. buuuttt it's late..) Then again I don't identify with him at all which might be some of the problem.

Blah, I like Dennis now.

I wanna know more about Travis' brother :D

Oh my gosh! I totally forgot to mention that in my last post! YES! I'm dying to know more about Allan!

I want Ryan and Lacy to get back together.

Yeppers, although I'd still settle for them as friends again and Lacy and Nicky as a couple.

Well, you'd get to "meet" her a bit if you read TLW. ;)

I have read TLW and I don't like her. My comment was about Dom's clever means of ending the chapter with a cliffhanger.

Reilly... the kid needs to get laid, as a side quest/plot.

Reilly is one guy Travis hasn't hit on yet. Would we be surprised it they ended up together? That would be "TRITE".

Edited by MikeL

hehehehe :music:FINALLY travis found out that dennis is no less cute as owen & aiden. especially the phrase that travis was shocked to find about something he never thought was there, like the first time he actually realized that dennis is pretty hot himself & then the kiss............. :worship:

ah.....please dom, in the aiden & owen front, make them together again, they're so perfect together :wub:

This was a pretty revealing chapter all round... we find out some of what is going around Aiden's mind (and Ryan somewhat calling him on the BS), Chris realizing he doesn't want Lacy with anyone else, Dennis gets some love (we still don't know if he reaction was because of shock, of real attraction to Travis or just a longing for some affection from anyone).

oh yeah, I still think that Travis needs all this money because he's using it for lawyers for Allan...

Steve

oh yeah, I still think that Travis needs all this money because he's using it for lawyers for Allan...

Steve

I think it might be for the bloke that killed his 'father', though I'll have to go back to the first chapter to check that.

bodgy

Hrm...We also don't know if Travis really likes Dennis, or if he's just an opportunist who's willing to jepordize their new 'friendship' to umm, get some? : )

Anyway, the whole last scene was awesome! :D

I've read that conversation between Aiden and Ryan a few times now and it seems to me Aiden was more afraid that Owen would tire of him and start looking elsewhere then he was of hurting Owen himself. He was afraid of getting hurt himself.

His line of reasoning is very confused.

And I don't think any straight guy would react as Dennis did to that kiss.