Show yourself?

HA! What exit? :P

lol people don't get that New Jersey is basically three different states. The North Part is the part people make fun of, which is really another part of New York. The Middle is pretty nothing but forest(pine barrens, scary place) and the south is beaches and yes farming and is a mix of Philadelphia and Baltimore.

HA! What exit? :P

From that statement I have come to two conclusions about your thought process.

The first is that you are operating under the common misconception that all of New Jersey's citizens live near a certain exit of the Garden State Parkway. This is false. The GSP runs north and south along the eastern coast of the state from the Tappan Zee Bridge (not far from Queens, NY) to the southernmost point of NJ, Cape May, which is 6 miles south of North Wildwood along the famous Jersey Shore. The Garden State Parkway is, minimum, one hour away from my house, which is 20 minutes east of Bucks County, PA and the Delaware River. I do not live near any GSP exit. Eric on the other hand hails from the Jersey Shore and hence, DOES live off of a GSP exit. I do not know which one. Since I live so far from the GSP, I rarely travel it and hence do not know its exit locales by rote.

The second conclusion that I came to is that you have been waiting to shout out that question for quite some time.

lol people don't get that New Jersey is basically three different states. The North Part is the part people make fun of, which is really another part of New York. The Middle is pretty nothing but forest(pine barrens, scary place) and the south is beaches and yes farming and is a mix of Philadelphia and Baltimore.

Wait, the NORTH gets made fun of? Silly southerner, the SOUTH of New Jersey is the butt of many jokes. Namely, pineys, inbreds, middle of bumblef**k nowhere, etc. etc. I live there for six semesters and I can assure you, except for the shore points, (Atlantic City, Wildwoods, Ocean City, Cape May) and the Philly metroland, there is NOTHING out there... except the rednecks. Thankfully I was near AC during my time there, so I wasn't completely bored 100% of the time.

Additionally, Baltimore has no influence on New Jersey. You're thinking of Newark, DE, and Wilmington, DE. And, if you're from New Jersey, you may or may not believe in Central New Jersey (think: Jay and Silent Bob, Clerks 1 and 2). Beyond that, North Jersey is at war with South Jersey.

Thank you for joining me, your host, Robbie, in another episode of "Facts about New Jersey," keep it classy America!

EDIT:To avoid confusion, I should note that the GSP does not use the Tappan Zee Bridge. I-287 runs across the Hudson River via the TZB and the GSP is accessible from a point nearby. Exit 14 off of 287 inside of NY, I think.

Edited by rknapp

The first is that you are operating under the common misconception that all of New Jersey's citizens live near a certain exit of the Garden State Parkway. This is false. The GSP runs north and south along the eastern coast of the state from the Tappan Zee Bridge (not far from Queens, NY) to the southernmost point of NJ, Cape May, which is 6 miles south of North Wildwood along the famous Jersey Shore. The Garden State Parkway is, minimum, one hour away from my house, which is 20 minutes east of Bucks County, PA and the Delaware River. I do not live near any GSP exit. Eric on the other hand hails from the Jersey Shore and hence, DOES live off of a GSP exit. I do not know which one. Since I live so far from the GSP, I rarely travel it and hence do not know its exit locales by rote.

The second conclusion that I came to is that you have been waiting to shout out that question for quite some time.

Wait, the NORTH gets made fun of? Silly southerner, the SOUTH of New Jersey is the butt of many jokes. Namely, pineys, inbreds, middle of bumblef**k nowhere, etc. etc. I live there for six semesters and I can assure you, except for the shore points, (Atlantic City, Wildwoods, Ocean City, Cape May) and the Philly metroland, there is NOTHING out there... except the rednecks. Thankfully I was near AC during my time there, so I wasn't completely bored 100% of the time.

Additionally, Baltimore has no influence on New Jersey. You're thinking of Newark, DE, and Wilmington, DE. And, if you're from New Jersey, you may or may not believe in Central New Jersey (think: Jay and Silent Bob, Clerks 1 and 2). Beyond that, North Jersey is at war with South Jersey.

Thank you for joining me, your host, Robbie, in another episode of "Facts about New Jersey," keep it classy America!

EDIT:To avoid confusion, I should note that the GSP does not use the Tappan Zee Bridge. I-287 runs across the Hudson River via the TZB and the GSP is accessible from a point nearby. Exit 14 off of 287 inside of NY, I think.

I'm from South Jersey, Born in Brigantine live there for half my life, all my family is still there, im not a southerner. And South jersey is made fun of by North Jersey as you said, nation wide most people think all of New Jersey is like Newark or what they see on the Sopranos. The idea of New Jersey being dirty, and filled with smoke stacks, with the accents comes from the north. And what I meant by the influence of Baltimore is in the accent. The people of south Jersey have more of a Philadelphia/Baltamore accent than a North Jersey one.

Edited by Thirdeye

The first is that you are operating under the common misconception that all of New Jersey's citizens live near a certain exit of the Garden State Parkway. [...] The Garden State Parkway is, minimum, one hour away from my house, which is 20 minutes east of Bucks County, PA and the Delaware River. I do not live near any GSP exit.

Even if you're not near the GSP, you might live near an exit of the NJ Tpke or I-295 or I-195 or somesuch. Lots of highways in New Jersey.

The people of south Jersey have more of a Philadelphia/Baltamore accent than a North Jersey one.

Philly accents maybe. Nobody has Bawlimer accents except Bawlimorons Baltimoreans.

Tappan Zee Bridge (not far from Queens, NY)

Not Queens, NY--oopsy geography--try Nyack, NY. (Not to be confused with the Three Stooges "nyuck nyuck nyuck.")

GSP is accessible from a point nearby. Exit 14 off of 287 inside of NY, I think.

Actually, exit 14A off of I-287/I-87/NY Thruway/Gov. Thomas E. Dewey Thruway.

There are also the mountains of Northwest New Jersey. Not big mountains, admittedly, but the hills there are picturesque enough. I just spent a pleasant weekend near there.

--Rigel, geographer and mapfreak

Umm, I lived there for almost 8 years back in the 80's and that was the joke of the times. My children were all born in NJ (minus my little one) and were USAF Brats (as they call 'em). So, yeah, when ever I was asked what exit, 7-A (back then at least) was my answer. I don't know if they have changed their exit numbers or at least in some places they do. I used to go to AC often, there was nothing to do in the little towns where the bases (Ft.Dix & McGuire AFB)are. We also frequented Asbury Park, that was fun, lots of great memories from there! :P

I'm from South Jersey, Born in Brigantine live there for half my life, all my family is still there, im not a southerner. And South jersey is made fun of by North Jersey as you said, nation wide most people think all of New Jersey is like Newark or what they see on the Sopranos. The idea of New Jersey being dirty, and filled with smoke stacks, with the accents comes from the north. And what I meant by the influence of Baltimore is in the accent. The people of south Jersey have more of a Philadelphia/Baltamore accent than a North Jersey one.

Oh you're a southerner. South Jersey is very much like the deep south, due in part to the vastness of the pinelands and the sandy coastal plain on which that half of the state sits.

The North is merely more well-known to the rest of the world. South Jersey is famous for glassmaking and the Jersey Devil. Only South Jersey cares about that.

Even if you're not near the GSP, you might live near an exit of the NJ Tpke or I-295 or I-195 or somesuch. Lots of highways in New Jersey.

I'm roughly 30 minutes from the nears interstate highways. AFAIK, only the sign for Rt. 31 on I-78 mentions my town by name. I-95 and I-287 mention Pennington and Somerville, respectively. Therefore, I don't have an exit. Before I met John I hadn't ever been on the turnpike either.

Not Queens, NY--oopsy geography--try Nyack, NY. (Not to be confused with the Three Stooges "nyuck nyuck nyuck.")

Meh, GPS showed Queens as being nearby when I went to Irvington last weekend, which required me to go over the Tappan Zee.

Actually, exit 14A off of I-287/I-87/NY Thruway/Gov. Thomas E. Dewey Thruway.

Same thing. :P

Umm, I lived there for almost 8 years back in the 80's and that was the joke of the times. My children were all born in NJ (minus my little one) and were USAF Brats (as they call 'em). So, yeah, when ever I was asked what exit, 7-A (back then at least) was my answer. I don't know if they have changed their exit numbers or at least in some places they do. I used to go to AC often, there was nothing to do in the little towns where the bases (Ft.Dix & McGuire AFB)are. We also frequented Asbury Park, that was fun, lots of great memories from there! :P

Ah yes, I am very family with those military installations. I drove through Ft. Dix at least once a week for the last three years to get to my old school in Pomona, which was situated next to McGuire.

Exit 7-A would be down by the Wildwoods. North Wildwood is exit 6, for reference. It goes by mile marker, so AC is exits 36, 38, and 40.

Anyway. Lookin' good Shadowgod!

yay!! my cutness went over great hahaha

Why wouldn't it? A lot of people love hot Latin studs. I certainly do. So much heat... so much passion... so much beauty. How can anyone resist? :wub: