Well, read on ...
He has the uniform to wear as he is an officer on duty. A "plain clothes" operation has to be authorized.
Till one incident, I kept my uniform at home and when an emergency call out happened while I was doing paperwork, I just donned my stuff and jumped in a car. I had to give an explanation why I was in plain clothes, just wearing the stab vest and utility belt. Since then, I had kept a set in the station and always changed when I was there.
I asked a friend to "translate" and to base it on a "proper Scottish Highlander". What I got back was ... extra hard core, I think I published it in a comment further up. As said friend has unfortunately passed away, I can not ask which accent it is based on, sorry.
If he were to not hold up his end of the bargain, Jamie could just leave. Also, as much as people dislike politicians, they usually keep a deal. Otherwise, their "word of honour" would be worth nothing in backroom deals.
Well, in reality, the body cam system is a "black box" i.e. one has to book out a camera from a location and later put it back in which then auto-uploads all data to a location we could not access. Also, the films were watermarked with my ID. In reality, I would think the original to be pretty tamper proof.
Great story, very well written! While I am also angry about the descend into barbarism, I still hope Captain Raynolds was a sensible man with sound reasoning when agreeing to the practice.
Captain Reynolds would not have been chosen as commander of this crucial mission if he were a religidiot. So, there must be more to Mithras than is known now.
Excellent tale!
I know, sorry. I was trying to be funny by implying that it takes me a year to write a piece for this year's anthology.
At the moment, I feel very slow when writing.