Sunday
I need my room soundproofed. Mom and dad are arguing. Again. It’s always one of two things; dad’s drinking, or mom’s spending. I try to tune it out but the house isn’t big enough to get enough distance. Sometimes I just wish I was deaf. I…
“Kurtis Jefferson West! Kitchen. Now!”
Three names, and he wants ME in the middle of an argument? Those can’t be good.
“Be there in a sec.”
“Not one sec. Now!”
Fuck. Not good just turned to worse. I hurried to the kitchen.
Most of the choices so far are from stories I haven’t read yet. At first I would follow Ben with the Toms and Wayne, but after reading “Wrong Window,” it would have to be ‘the guy.’ I could use that mirror.
For anyone who has fought with his or her inner self about who they really are will find a lot to relate to in this story. Not that I was ever a womanizer like the MC, but the feelings of needing to be “normal” hit too close to home. A must read.
I wish I had a mirror like that about 22 years ago. Oh how different my life would be. Not the womanizing, but I felt a kindred spirit in Rory. Fighting against who you really are for the sake of appearances.
My weather isn't a whole lot different from Bill's, being about an hour apart, but we had one heck of a lightning show last night as I was driving home from work. That nasty 4-letter word is the reason I've only read 9 of the SA stories. It's funny how you can go from unemployed to working and realize you no longer have time for everything.
It’s my comment, but it works well as a review:
Not a western in the true sense of the word. Two drifters in love, one cursed, the other normal, but bound together. As others said, the imagery is what held the story together. Not too much paranormal to turn anyone away of that isn’t their thing.
Not a western in the true sense of the word. Two drifters in love, one cursed, the other normal, but bound together. As others said, the imagery is what held the story together. Not too much paranormal to turn anyone away of that isn’t their thing.
I’m like Cassie. I’ve only read 8 stories, but I think I know four of them. 1, 3, 10 and 11.
Is it sad that I don’t remember my own? Oh, wait, I don’t have one. Maybe.
Awesome job SA. There were subtle clues, but the surprise was still a good one. Had me fooled. I was thinking Tom was more than 6 when he was adopted, nope!
She didn’t know he was in the house? How would he experience her meltdowns if he wasn’t right there to see them? She didn’t question the attic door, in her own house, being locked? Interesting story, just didn’t add up for me.
I said I’d review them all, 5 stars are for the effort, but I feel like Tom Hanks in “Big,” when they’re demonstrating the new toy. I don’t get it. Try it for yourself, maybe I’m just dense. I’ve never understood time shift movies, so maybe this is the same. I mean other people like Memento and that one with the bunny…
An interesting little story. The forbidden knowledge is withheld from the main character, Matthew, until near the end. I didn’t expect exactly what happened. Give it a shot!
I’m kind of curious. When I was a kid, we had a fig tree in our back yard. It never got bigger than like a foot and a half or two feet. It made me think maybe the characters are faeries. I guess it’s possible.
I wouldn’t have thought that way. But then, regardless of genre, I’ll read them all. Review them all, too. It wouldn’t do to leave one without a review, giving away which is mine. Oh, wait, did I enter one? Maybe I’ll leave one without a review to throw the dogs off the scent.