Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 133 Words
  • 995 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aditus' prompts and circumstances - 14. Poetry Prompt 5 – Rhymes and Couplets

The prompt: write your own set of five Couplets using the music provided here. You have a choice of being serious or silly, it's up to you. If serious, write about how you hope to meet your goals and ambitions for the coming new year. If you are feeling silly and irrelevant, write about how lame this challenge is, or anything else you like.

Done

 

He was a boy about two,

and he thought it was true

what his mother him told,

in this tale of old:

if they were around,

No nightmares him found.

And then he was ten,

and there were those men,

Around him was none,

and that was when his dreams were entirely done.

 

 

 

 

The numbers game

 

One small step for a man,

So move it baby, while you can.

Two peas in a pot,

One for you, one to rot.

Three strikes and you are out,

So watch it boy, don’t be too loud.

Four corners of the Earth,

So keep on walking for what it’s worth.

The last, not least is ‘Give me five’

and maybe a smile - if you’re still alive.

This time of the year I'm always in a weird mood. I tried to make it up with the second one.
©Copyright 2013 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I've re-read both of them several times, and I have to say the rhymes never seem forced, so you have selected them in a good and convincing way. That's pretty impressive ;)

 

I like both of them! Thanks for taking the challenge.

Link to comment

Interesting! the first one is really neatly arranged till you get to the last line and then just kick the whole structure apart. :) Is that to emphasize the descent into reality? I really like the second, too, it sounds like a nursery rhyme but not knowing the context I can't tell if it's derived from something traditional?

Link to comment
On 01/05/2015 05:58 PM, Irritable1 said:
Interesting! the first one is really neatly arranged till you get to the last line and then just kick the whole structure apart. :) Is that to emphasize the descent into reality? I really like the second, too, it sounds like a nursery rhyme but not knowing the context I can't tell if it's derived from something traditional?
You're spot on, the descent to reality kicked his world apart too.

Well the prayer was a nursery rhyme for me. My great, great aunt let me say it every night. Which also refers to the first poem btw. So I searched the internet for sayings English speaking people know, some I did had already like 'two peas in a pot' and voilà!

Thank you for your comment, Irri. I'm glad you like them.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..