Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 258 Words
  • 974 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aditus' prompts and circumstances - 19. From bad to worse # 430

strong>Prompt 430 – Creative
Tag – Something Special
You hate blind dates and avoid them like the plague. Unfortunately, you didn’t find yourself a date for one of the most important events you company is holding. When you boss finds out, she says she has the perfect date for you. When you ask she simply says your date is “something special.” What is your blind date like?

From bad to worse

Alex was utterly and truly pissed. Every year had he managed to avoid his company’s fundraiser. There was always something. A wedding, a funeral, a sudden illness, you name it, he’d had it all used over the last few years. This time, he hadn’t have any idea yet, when his boss had cornered him in the elevator. Too early for him to have a plan ready, he’d said the first thing that came to mind. ‘I don’t have a date for the evening.’ Stupid. Just stupid.

Because that was when he’d remembered the most hated part of the whole event: The bachelor/bachelorette auction. His boss had grinned like the cat that finally got the canary.

So there he stood in front of his boss’ office, wearing black dress pants and a white shirt as ordered, and wondered what the hell he was doing here, while the others only had to show up at the ballroom in time for the auction. He knocked at the door and heard a very amused ‘Come in, Alex!’

VP Dianna Mendez looked stunning in her dark blue, velvet dress, her blonde hair in the perfect chignon as always, her eyes sparkling with something real evil. That didn’t bode well; the woman had too much fun. Then Alex gaze fell on the thing she was holding in her hand: A silver sequined jacket. “Hurry up! We’re already late and you have a date with a mic, sir, because you are our emcee for tonight.”

Shit! Shit! Double Shit!

I'm slowly starting writing again.
©Copyright 2013 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

I ran out of likes so......

 

I thought he was going to be one of the bachelors.
Nice bit of subterfuge.
Well done!

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Great job, Addy :) You managed to convey everything you needed to in very few words. I have a feeling that next year Alex will have an excuse handy! lol

Link to comment
On 07/12/2015 03:41 AM, Reader1810 said:

I ran out of likes so......

 

I thought he was going to be one of the bachelors.

Nice bit of subterfuge.

Well done!

Thank you, Reader1810! I'm glad it worked.

Link to comment
On 07/12/2015 04:26 AM, Valkyrie said:

Great job, Addy :) You managed to convey everything you needed to in very few words. I have a feeling that next year Alex will have an excuse handy! lol

Thank you for your kind words, Val! Oh yes, definitely. LOL

Link to comment

So a bright and shiny sparkly jacket so he can emcee. I bet he wishes he was doing anything else. Could be worse though. He could be one of the bachelors. Next year he will have an excuse, even if he has to break his arm to get it. :lol:

Link to comment
On 07/12/2015 08:15 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

Loved the twist. Would love to read about how he did emceeing the auction. :P

Thank you, Caz! Who knows what the next prompts are? Maybe there is something that triggers 'Alex Tonight'.

Link to comment
On 07/12/2015 11:08 AM, comicfan said:

So a bright and shiny sparkly jacket so he can emcee. I bet he wishes he was doing anything else. Could be worse though. He could be one of the bachelors. Next year he will have an excuse, even if he has to break his arm to get it. :lol:

Ha, yes I'm sure he looks fabulous and next year he'll start to eat all the food from the back of the fridge to invite a stomach bug...or he breaks his arm. Thanks Wayne, for your comments and the idea.

Link to comment
On 07/13/2015 01:05 AM, Cole Matthews said:

Well, that's something special, that's for sure. Great job. I wanna know what happens next!

Thank you, Cole! As soon as I read the prompt, it was there. If there is ever something that yells 'Part two' I'll write it. :)

Link to comment

Lol. This isn't what I imagined from the prompt. I like the twist. And oh, although I know so little about the character, I like that boss! Hehehe

Link to comment
On 07/21/2015 06:39 PM, Uziel said:

Lol. This isn't what I imagined from the prompt. I like the twist. And oh, although I know so little about the character, I like that boss! Hehehe

Thanks, Uziel! :) Good! Maybe the boss will have another appearance in one of the next prompts.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..