Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 311 Words
  • 1,298 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aditus' prompts and circumstances - 9. Prompt 356 - Making a Scene

Prompt 356 - Creative - First line: “Since when do I have to tell you everything?”

Prompt 356 – Creative
Tag – First Line
Making a Scene

 

“Since when do I have to tell you everything?” Peter rose and grabbed his messenger bag that was lying beside him on the table.

Will jumped from the small wrought-iron chair. All of a sudden it had gotten very silent in the small café, only the hissing of the coffee maker and the clattering of dishes could be heard in the distance. He felt as if the eyes of everyone in the room were on them. “You don’t have to tell me everything, but moving back to Japan isn’t a small matter, don’t you think?”

Peter opened his wallet and threw a few bills on the table. “I’m not moving back. I’m visiting my family.” He waved his hand impatiently. “And you’re making a scene.”

“For an indefinite period of time, as you yourself just said.” Peter looked briefly at an older couple staring openly at them. “And I don’t care if I’m making a scene. You consciously chose to tell me here, because you thought I would take your news like the good little boy I am, swallow and behave. Well, think again!”

“You’re perfectly right. I chose the café in the vague hope we could avoid this” - again with the hand wave – “getting overly emotional. I should have known better.”

Without looking back Peter left and Will let himself fall back into his chair. He waited for the pain to begin rushing into him, but he only felt numb and detached, as if he had just witnessed what had happened from the outside.

Someone clearing their throat made Will aware that he was sitting in a busy café and every patron and the whole staff had just witnessed Peter breaking up with him. Sort of.

He had broken up with him. Right?

©Copyright 2013 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Did he or did he not? So many unanswered questions! Are you trying to get back at me for the unanswered questions in my prompt responses? :lmao:

Link to comment

Awww. Just sort of a slice of life. Terrible not to know if it was a break up, a declaration, or what. You leave us all feeling like things are unsettled. As for you setting your stuff up for public fights, well maybe I should put a prompt in the middle of a ship so they can't run away. :lol: Decisions, decisions. Nice scene though.

Link to comment
On 09/28/2014 07:59 AM, Carlos Hazday said:
Did he or did he not? So many unanswered questions! Are you trying to get back at me for the unanswered questions in my prompt responses? :lmao:
But I got you thinking about it. Right? :) Thank you for your comment, Carlos.
Link to comment
On 09/28/2014 01:31 PM, comicfan said:
Awww. Just sort of a slice of life. Terrible not to know if it was a break up, a declaration, or what. You leave us all feeling like things are unsettled. As for you setting your stuff up for public fights, well maybe I should put a prompt in the middle of a ship so they can't run away. :lol: Decisions, decisions. Nice scene though.
This is how stories start for me. A slice of life, a scene, a short film and I ask myself what happened? Did they break up? will he come back? etc.

Oh yes please, a rowing boat in the middle of a lake maybe and they are forced to talk this out.

Thank you for your comment, Wayne.

Link to comment
On 09/28/2014 02:42 PM, Suvitar said:
That was a sad scene and left everyone wondering, did they break up or didn´t they?
But this way you can make your own (happy?) ending. :)

Thank you for your comment, Suvitar.

Link to comment

Well, you know Addy, I ONLY like HEAs, so in my mind, Peter comes back not too long after, and begs Will to forgive him for being such a db. Oops, sorry, only I have the db...I'll rephrase that: I hope Peter comes back and begs Will to forgive him for being such a d-bag. There, that's better. :P

 

Great prompt, Addy! :)

Link to comment
On 09/28/2014 04:33 PM, Lisa said:
Well, you know Addy, I ONLY like HEAs, so in my mind, Peter comes back not too long after, and begs Will to forgive him for being such a db. Oops, sorry, only I have the db...I'll rephrase that: I hope Peter comes back and begs Will to forgive him for being such a d-bag. There, that's better. :P

 

Great prompt, Addy! :)

You should definitely write the second part. :) Thank you for your comment and speedy edit. :)
Link to comment
On 09/29/2014 09:58 PM, Slytherin said:
Poor Will :( I Think that he deserves a better man ! 8742ddedbe0c428b0743b33bd1a5ddb1.jpg nice short Little prompt :thumbup:
Thank you Sly. Let's find a better man for Will, maybe in the next prompt story.:)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..