Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 5,153 Words
  • 5,703 Views
  • 28 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

William's Love - 40. Chapter 40

BBQ, Baseball, and Bedtime

 

“I’m here to take over Will, it’s too hot for anyone to stay in that get up all day,” Oliver put his hand up pointing to the home plate umpire gear I was sweating through.

“From your mouth to my sweaty arm pits?” I laughed, “TIME,” I yelled for everyone to hear as I took off the gear and started handing it over to Ollie.

Oliver screwed up his face, “I never thought about that, gross,” He held it with his thumb and forefinger like I’d passed him something diseased. “It’s like putting on some-ones dirty underwear.”

“Hey I’m clean, I had a shower at least three days ago,” I said defending my hygiene.

Ollie sniffed the breast plate and started coughing, “Geez, Will, what’d you bathe in Liam’s boxers.”

“Yeah!” I said dreamily.

“You’re so gross,” Oliver chortled, “Go and get a drink, dickhead before you pass out.”

“Dickhead?” I frowned.

Ollie pointed and chortled, “Yeah! Your Uncle Luke’s been teaching me Aussie slang. It sounds bloody funny.” He laughed at himself again.

“You’re an idiot,” I smiled and walked over to the shaded area where the cooler was begging for my arrival. I saw Adam and a woman walking toward me from the driveway.

“Hey Adam, are you off duty or just dropping by?” I put my hand in the cooler to grab a bottle of water.

“Just signed off for the day, thought we’d come check out the game. Will this is my Partner Payne Fuller, Payne this is Will Blundell-Sands, Ian’s student, and nephew.” Adam introduced us. That was nice adding the nephew part. I’d never really given that much thought to it before, but it’s nice to know that Uncle Ian considers us family enough to tell people that we’re his nephews.

Well, I bet you both could use one of these, and happy to meet you, Payne,” I said handing her a cold beer, and one to Adam.

“It’s definitely nice to meet you Will, thanks, I could absolutely use one of these.” Payne smiled knocking the lid off and downing half of the beer. “Is this all family?” Payne asked waving her hand at the diamond full, of players.

“Yeah, pretty much, everyone’s related to someone, in one way or another,” I smirked, looking fondly around at my giant family.

Payne squinted for a minute looking at the game, “Is that Tony and Cass out there?”

I smiled, “Yeah, they’re the coaches for today's game, go down and join in the fun. Here take Coach Campbell a beer.”

“Thanks, Will, I think I’ll do that. Let me know when you’re ready to leave HotShot.” Payne called over her shoulder.

“HotShot! Huh?” I smirked.

“Adam to you, ya little shit,” he laughed, “I’m happy to see Stephen here, it’s good of you to give him a second chance considering the circumstances.”

I shrugged my shoulder, “It’s what Liam wants, for him I’ll do anything. But once Stephen told me more about his past, I was happy to give him a second chance. Nobody should have to live like that. I wish he had come to us sooner though. Probably could have done a lot more to help him.” Adam shook his head and chuckled. I was a bit taken back by his reaction.

“After seeing you in the hospital that time, I expected you to be some entitled rich spoiled jock. You were fierce and mouthy didn’t give two shits we were from the FBI. I thought great two more kids thinking they’re entitled and hiding behind Daddy’s money going to make our job harder…”

“Is that how we come across?” I asked a little hurt. I hope it’s not, geez.

“It did that day,” Adam chuckled, “but since then, what I’ve heard from others and from watching you guys. Especially after what you did for Odie and what you are doing for Stephen, I’ve come to respect the men you’re becoming.”

“Oh, thank you, I guess,” I said sheepishly, trying to focus on the game, “sorry if we gave that impression, but when it comes to Liam or me, we get a bit irrational.” Adam laughed.

“UNCLE ADAM!” Benny came running from third base where he was fielding with Liam. He jumped up onto Adam’s lap wrapping his little arms around his neck. Adam pulled Benny into a tight hug, “can’t breave,” Benny croaked.

Adam laughed, “Hey-a squirt, miss you lots.”

Benny pulled back and put his hands either side of Adams' face, “When you coming home, I miss you.” Benny pulled Adams face toward him giving him a quick kiss.

“Aw! I know buddy, but it might be a while yet. I promise I’ll come visit soon okay.” Benny smiled big and wide while he nodded his head.

“Benny! Wesley is on the phone, here stay with Will while you talk okay.” Tracy said giving his young son the phone. “Hey, Bud, nice to see you. We all miss you back home. Remmy doesn’t like his new partner, says he’s going to kick your ass for leaving.” Tracy laughed giving Adam a hug as he stood from his seat to greet his friend. Tracy is my cousin Alex’s fiance and one of Benny’s fathers. He knew Adam from Florida, they were friends down there. “Come on down and join in the fun, Callen’s up to bat…”

“You guys go, I’ll keep an eye on Benny,” I told Tracy.

“Thanks, Will,” Tracy said, and Adam smiled and gave me a wink before they walked off.

I watched as Benny paced in front of me with the phone plastered to the side of his head as he nodded at whatever his friend on the phone was saying. I smiled, Benny did a little skip. “Yep, we is having lots of fun, we is playing base-a-ball. Dults against us kids. Liam says we creaming them. I think it means we are winning.” Benny giggled. “Did you feed Promise, and ride him?”

“Uh-huh!” Benny stopped toed the grass with his shoe.

“Yep,” He turned and walked the other way.

“Yep,”

“Uh… I did, I put it in the saddle room like you showed me to,” Benny turned around again and paced back, “see I was a good boy,” he smiles and nods his head.

“Ok bye Wesley, miss you too.” Benny ended the call and gave me his Dad’s phone.

“Did you want a drink before you go back out on the field?” I asked him.

“Yes please, could I have one for Liam too?” He gave me a cheeky grin.

“Of course,” I grabbed two bottles of water and handed them to him.

“Thanks, Will,” he called out as he ran back to his position at third base, giving Liam one of the bottles. Liam ruffled his hair and sent me a wave as thank you.

<>-<>-<>

After between the baseball game and dinner, we all had showers and got our PJ’s on. Oliver and my cousin Scott made a fire in the half drum and wrought iron stand I’d made. Not that it was cold, but you can’t camp without a fire according to the rules set forth by Pat – who’d never been camping by the way. You can’t have Smores without a fire. We all gathered around the fire on chairs or stools, chatting or mucking about. We looked ridiculous but so awesome at the same time. Liam’s dressed as Batman, he dressed me as Robin. Benny – Superman, Kat – Wonderwoman, my cousin Kristy – The Flash, Scott – Spiderman, Beau – Capt America, Seb – Thor, Oliver – Daredevil, Stephen – Hulk, Jason – Green Arrow, Pat – Iron Man, Sasha – Black Widow, Lee – Wolverine, Shane – Hawkeye and Cory – Green Lantern. Liam put masks on the dogs, they were super fur-kicks, he called them. He’s hilarious sometimes, fur-kicks, instead of sidekicks, Ha!

“OKAY GATHER UP SO WE CAN GET A PHOTO!” Papi yelled, holding Liam’s camera. “SAY MARVEL-OUS,” – FLASH! – We all groaned as he took the photo. “SMILE YA SUPPOSED TO BE HEROES, GIVE US A POSE.” We all posed as our character would do – FLASH! – Dear God I can’t see, that flash is freakin’ bright. Looking around we were all blinking like crazy, trying to get our vision back. “OKAY ONE MORE, POSE AGAIN!” Twenty flashes at once along with the big one on Liam’s camera. Great now I’m blind.

“Wait! Papi,” Liam called out, “I have to get one of Batman and Robin kissing.” He laughed.

Papi chuckled, “Okay,”

Liam grabbed me put one hand on my ass and pulled me to him, and the other on the back of my head holding me in place, then proceeded to kiss me stupid. When we broke apart, no one was around us, they’d all gone back to sitting around the fire, and the adults I assume went into the house.

“Baby, don’t move yet. These costumes are pretty revealing, and that kiss made me harder than I’ve been in a while.” I groaned, “and stop rubbing yours against mine or we’ll be in all sorts of strife.”

“Can’t help it, it’s like a beacon. Mine is automatically attracted to yours.” He laughed.

Once we calmed down we found a place to sit, Liam sat with his back to a log they’d moved for tonight, and I sat between his legs. Liam kissed my neck and asked, “What are you humming Babe?”

“Ugh! I’ve had this song stuck in my head since lunch time. It’s Alabama,” I cursed.

“Sing it,” he said.

“No, you know I can’t sing.”

“Well it might get rid of it, sing so just I can hear,” he poked my side.

I huffed, “Fine,”

Rolling down a backwoods Tennessee bighway
One arm on the wheel
Holding my lover with the other,
Liam wrapped his arms around me and started singing.
A sweet soft southern thrill
Worked hard all week
Got a little jingle
On a Tennessee Saturday night,
a couple more jumped in and helped.
Couldn't feel better
I'm together with my dixieland delight

From here everybody sang.

Spend my dollar
Parked in a holler 'neath the mountain moonlight
Holdin' her up tight
Make a little lovin'
A little turtle dovin' on a Mason Dixon night
It's my life
Oh so right
My dixieland delight

Whitetail buck deer munchin' on clover
Red-tailed hawk sitting on a limb
Chubby ol' groundhog
Croakin' bullfrog
Free as a feeling in the wind
Home grown country girl
Gonna give me a whirl
On a Tennessee Saturday night
Lucky as a seven
Livin' in Heaven
With my dixieland delight

Spend my dollar
Parked in a holler 'neath the mountain moonlight
Holdin' her up tight
Make a little lovin'
A little turtle dovin' on a Mason Dixon night
It's my life
Oh so right
My dixieland delight

And we ended it there thank God.

“Hey Liam,” Benny said walking over to us and sat down on the log and put his hand on Liam’s shoulder, “I knowed a song, Daddy plays it all the time.”

“Okay squirt, you start us off.” Liam smiled at the youngster.

Got a big leather suitcase, all our homes inside
Seems I've been walkin' for days, can't even bun the ride
Try steppin' to a tune, with the rhythm of a wokkin’ man
Mind drifts like a big balloon out of my hmm-hmm hand
Ain't it funny how melody can bring back memory

“We know that one, Clint Black right?” Liam says chuckling at the words Benny used and hand actions. Anyone who knew the song, sang along with Benny, he had the biggest grin on his face.

Take you to another place in time
Completely change your state of mind
Walkin' down a lonely highway not feelin' alone

Thinkin' back when things went my way and not the road I'm on
Well, I've been down a time or two, but it never lasted long
I can always make it through on a wing and a prayer and a song
Ain't it funny how a melody can bring back a memory

Take you to another place in time
Completely change your state of mind
It can make a right from a wrong, it can make you fall in love
It can get you singin' along
Chase the clouds away and make the sun shine above

A melody can bring back a memory
Take you to another place in time
Completely change your state of mind
A melody can bring back a memory
Take you to another place in time
Completely change your state of mind

I love how much effort Liam puts in to make things fun. Benny is having the time of his life with all the big kids. The rest of the night was a blast, we played games, sang some more. When Tracy finally came out and got Benny, he’d fallen asleep against my chest. Tracy didn’t want Benny to sleep outside in case he woke up in the middle of the night. Which considering how much could go wrong, is fair enough. They were staying in the guest room anyway so Benny could come back out in the morning to wake us all up.

“Hey Trace, how does Benny know all the words to a Clint Black song, he’s only four?” I asked him, and Tracy rolled his eyes.

“State of Mind?” Tracy asked and I nodded in confirmation, “he loves it, makes us play it over and over and ooover again. That and that Wagon Wheel but he sings it Dragon Wheel,”

“Ahh!” Liam and I said together smiling. That kid is seven sides of fantastic.

<>-<>-<>

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I could smell was bacon. Yum! I stuck my head outside the tent. Uncle Luke, Tracy, and Cal were at the grill, and Kat was walking from the house with Noah in her arms and Oliver close behind bringing food down to the entertainment area. I tapped Liam on the shin repeatedly, “Babe, get up, come on, they’re cooking breakfast, and Kat has Noah.”

“Five more minutes,” Liam groaned.

“Okay,” I put on my t-shirt and shorts and walked over to the grill.

“Morning everyone,” I yawned stretching.

“Morning,” they said one by one.

“Kat, how ‘bout a cuddle before Liam gets up,” I said putting my arms out.

“Sure sweetie,” Kat walked into my arms and hugged me. I squeezed her tight, she protected Noah from being squished between us, “Aw, that’s nice, thank, you.” I kissed the top of her head. “Now hand over the kid before Liam gets up.”

“I knew it was too good to be true,” Kat scoffed gently off loading Noah into my arms.

“Here let me cuddle you, Baby,” Oliver said reaching over and pulling Katherine to him.

“Thank you,” Kat smiled and gently kissed her guy.

“Man, Will, do you reckon you could come down to Florida and do our kitchen? I love that thing.” Tracy asked.

“Maybe, can’t Alex get his guys to do it for you. Not that I mind or anything.”

“Yeah, they could, but it will be one of those flat packed, everybody has the same kitchens. I won’t be able to brag how mine is unique and custom built. An original Will Blundell-Sands creation.” He laughed.

I chuckled, “Yeah okay, do you have the tools I need or should I do it up here and ship it ready to build when I get there?”

“Yeah, I should have everything you need in my workshop. Oh, and I want to see yours while I’m here this time. I didn’t get a chance last visit.” Tracy winked at me. I laughed. Tracy does woodwork but a lot more wrought iron metal, as far as I’m aware he only does custom jobs now. He sold his smaller business to make way for bigger and better things now he has his family together.

“You did the kitchen, Will?” Uncle Luke looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

“Yeah, I had a lot of help putting it together but all the doors and draws I made and carved myself,” I said you know, no big deal. Even though I know, it is. Well to me anyway.

“Impressive.” Uncle Luke went back to cooking.

Liam came and sat behind me with his legs either side and his head resting on my shoulder looking over at Noah. “He’s so beautiful,” Liam said quietly so only I could hear and kissed my neck, “Don’t think for one second you’re fooling me, Will. I know you want a baby just as much as I do. But I do get what you’re saying when you say after college. I’m really excited about starting a family with you Babe.” Liam kissed my neck again. I smiled and twisted my head around to kiss him good morning, then rest my head against his while we watched Noah sleep. I really do want one of these beautiful, noisy, tiny humans.

“You boys ready for the FBI guy this morning?” Cal inquired, Liam, and I groaned, “It will be fine, answer everything honestly. If you're not sure about something simply say, “I don’t know. Okay, do not guess or give an opinion. If you don’t want to answer a question just look to me and I’ll interfere and get them to move on.”

“Okay, hopefully, they don’t make this too hard. I was only little when most of it happened, so I don’t know what the FBI really expect from me.” It’s not like I was even aware of any of the information at all. I feel for Dad though, I have a horrible feeling, they are going to try and tether him to Mom’s actions.

“Like I said, answer their questions, don’t be hostile, and things will move quickly.” Cal turned from the grill to make sure we were paying attention. He nodded and returned to cooking.

<>-<>-<>

Cal was standing with me outside our office, “Don’t be nervous, you’re not in trouble they only want to interview you. NOT interrogate you okay? Breathe Will,” he chuckled.

“Okay,” I nodded.

Callen opened the office door, and we moved into the room. The two intimidating gentleman were standing to greet us, and I noticed Adam leaning against the back wall. He gave me a quick nod and half smile. I didn’t even know he was here. I wonder when he snuck in, but then again I didn’t see these two guys arrive either. Dad came outside and told me they were ready for me, and nothing else.

“Hi William, I’m Agent Davis of the FBI, this is Mr. Parsons, he’s an Assistant Federal Prosecutor. We’re here to interview you regarding the activities to the best of your knowledge, regarding Samantha Elizabeth Pearce.” I frowned and looked at Callen, “Your Mother’s married name,” my face must have relaxed because he gave me a small smile. “We’ll get a few formalities out of the way first since this is an interview, not an interrogation, Detective Adam Price has requested he sit in. He is not allowed to talk or interfere in any way but is here for your support. Do you agree to his presence?”

“Yes sir, thank you.” I smiled and gave Adam a quick nod.

“You’ve chosen to have legal representation, Callen Johnson?” He asked.

“Yes sir, he’s our family lawyer,” I answered.

“Okay, Mr. Johnson will you be representing the entire family, Mr. John Blundell, Mr. Lucas Edgall and Mr. William Blundell-Sands.” Agent Davis looked closer to the paper, and the prosecutor leaned over to see. They both had scowls on their faces. “It seems we have a misprint or error and they’ve put you down twice.” He did not seem happy with the incompetence of his staff.

“Um sir, it’s not an error, my husband’s name is also William Blundell-Sands. I go by Will, and he goes by Liam.” The men didn’t say anything, the Agent wrote something down and then started the interview.

“May I call you Will?” Agent Davis asked politely.

“Yes sir,” I swallowed nervously.

“What was your relationship like with your Mother, Will,” he asked.

“After she left, I rarely spoke with her, and saw her even less, maybe two or three times a year for lunch.” The prosecutor wrote down on his note pad as I talked.

“While your Mother still lived with you, can you remember what hers and your father's relationship was like?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged, “I remember my Mother was mean to my Dad a lot. I was young, so that’s what I noticed the most.” I looked at Cal, and he nodded.

“Okay, do you recall any time spent with your Great Grandmother, Mary Edgall?”

“No I don’t remember her at all, I was three when she died.”

“Did you know, or were you ever told about the inheritance she left you?”

“About a week ago, when Dad found out, he told me.”

“Do you know how your father came across this information or had he known for some time?”

Uh-huh, now we’re getting to what I feared. They are going to try and ascertain Dad knew and took part of dissolving my inheritance.

“No, I don’t know how he found out. First, he told us that Uncle Luke was still alive, then he told me what my Mother had done with my trust fund and inheritance.” I tried to talk calmly, “He was furious.”

The Agent froze for a second, “So your Father was upset about the money?”

“No, I didn’t say that. I said he was furious. But he was angry at my Mothers actions, not about the money,” I answered firmly, Callen rest his hand on my forearm to a calm me down. I looked up at Adam, and he was scowling at the Agent.

“Do you know if your Father had been counting on that money for any reason?”

I snort laughed, “I highly doubt that,”

“How so?”

“Dad’s has his own trust fund,” I didn’t elaborate any further. Listening to myself, God, we sound like a bunch of rich, arrogant assholes.

“Do you know of any monies recently taken or used from your trust fund?” I don’t remember telling him I have a trust fund now.

Callen put his hand on my shoulder, “Why is that relevant?”

“Just trying to ascertain, certain transactions. Did you know there have been some hefty monies moving in and out of your accounts in the last six months?”

“Yes, I’m aware,” I swallowed.

“Can you tell me what they are?”

I sighed, “Yes, back in January, Liam and I bought this house. A month or so ago Dad probably closed one that had roughly fifty thousand, which was for our wedding. A couple of weeks ago, there would have been a deposit of thirty or so million from Dad’s trust fund. Then just this past week, a withdrawal of four million which is mine and Liam’s share of the start-up capital to our families foundation.”

“I don’t see any paperwork here for a foundation are you sure that’s where the money went?”

“Callen has all of the paperwork, it’s why he’s here this week,” I said flatly, “We’ve just leased a place downtown for the offices.” Callen opened his briefcase and took legal documents out and laid them in front of the Agent and prosecutor.

“Feel free to check them over, I’ll have my office send you a copy next week,” Callen explained.

The Agent nodded, and the prosecutor took the documents and was looking them through. Then Agent Davis changed direction altogether. I’m guessing he wasn’t getting the answers he was looking for.

“Okay Will,” Agent Davis sighed, “I need you to walk us through…”

The rest of the interview was going through the events leading to my Mother’s charges for her actions against Liam and I. The entire interview took three hours. I was emotionally exhausted by the time we were done.

“Thanks for your time today William, I apologize if you felt some of the questions were a little leading, and against your father. But we need to make sure we can counter any claims they try to make against him,” Agent Davis stood and went to shake my hand, I hesitated for a second but Adam gave me a warm smile and an encouraging nod, so I shook the man’s hand.

“Can I ask a couple of questions? Of the record.” I asked hesitantly.

“Uh… Sure. I may not be authorized to answer them, but go ahead.” Agent Davis seemed as if he’d had enough also.

“Did my Mother’s husband know about anything that was going on?”

“Not to my knowledge no, he’s been cleared.”

“Is he going to lose his house or assets, because of her actions?” I looked at the desk before looking the man in the eye.

“I’m afraid that would be likely, Yes.”

“Have you met him?” I need to know this poor man isn’t going to suffer because of her.

“Yes, I have.” The Agent looked like he was going to say something, so I waited for him to elaborate, “He’s a decent man, although right now he’s a very angry man.”

“I don’t doubt that for a second, how much trouble is my Mother actually in?” I asked curiously.

“Well, that I can’t help you with at the moment. Once we’ve completed your interviews today, Callen will be able to give you an update on what happens from here.” Agent Davis gave me a half smile.

“Would either of you like me to have some coffee brought up to you?” I asked I’ve no idea why. I think because he’d answered a couple of questions that had been bugging me.

“We’re fine, thank you William, but we might reserve the right to change our mind later,” he chuckled.

I smiled and exited the room, Adam followed me out, closing the door behind him, Callen stayed in the room.

Adam looked me straight in the eye, “You want to make contact with your Mother’s husband don’t you?” I nodded my head in confirmation. “You know this is not your fault or responsibility?”

“Yep,” I answered looking away from Adam.

“But you’re going to do it anyway.” Adam sighed.

“Okay, well he’s no longer at the same address. Let me find out where he is, and Payne and I will come with you. Under no circumstances are you to approach him without Payne or me. Do you understand?” Adam ordered, “At least if we’re there and he tries to make any claims it will be an official visit, and you’ll be protected.” He put his hand on my shoulder.

“Thanks, Adam,”

“You’re welcome, ya little shit! The things I do.” He said shaking his head, “Oh and don’t worry, your financial information is safe with me. I gather none of the other kids know.”

“I think they have an inkling, but I don’t think they know the extent of what we have.” I said, “This is all new to us, up until Liam’s father died we lived on Dad’s salary alone, he’s never touched his trust.”

“So you're really not a wealthy trust fund baby then,” Adam said, seeming pleased, “that explains why you’re a lot more down to earth than I thought you’d be.”

“Thanks very much, I didn’t realize I was that bad,” I scoffed, “Actually, I’d like to bend your ear sometime in the near future. I have a program I’d like to run through the foundation but want to have my ducks in a row before I go to the others, it will take a fair bit of research and so forth. I’m not quite sure how receptive they’ll be. But if I can get the backing of you, Derek and Theo, I might just be able to pull it off.”

“Does your mind ever stop turning?” Adam chuckled.

“Um… nope. This time it’s your fault, you gave me the idea.”

“I did? How?” he asked surprised.

“We can talk about it later, maybe have lunch on your next day off or something, and you guys can give me either a bit of direction or tell me how ridiculous the idea is,” I answered.

“Somehow, I don’t think it’s going to be ridiculous, but a shit load of work.” Adam sighed, nudging me toward the stairs.

<>-<>-<>

Uncle Cam was in the kitchen, making meatballs, I think. They looked a weird shape. Anyway, I made a coffee and sat at the kitchen table to get a minutes peace. We’re still waiting for the FBI guy and prosecutor to finish up with Dad, he was the last they had to interview. Oliver entered the kitchen, and his face lit up when he saw me.

“G’day Mate, how the bloody hell are ya. Got a spare fag?” He said.

“What?” I nearly spat my coffee out.

Uncle Cam snickered, Oliver laughed, “Make sure you put your fag out in the butt bucket when you’re done. Oh! Well, better shove off. See ya round like a rissole,” and he exited through the back door still laughing.

“Um… care to translate?” I asked confused.

Uncle Cam was laughing so hard he had tears running down his face.

“Sure,” he was trying to control his laughter, “You should see your face. Oh, my God.”

“Hello friend how are you?” he said between bouts of laughter.

“Yeah, that bit I worked out,” I said snarkily.

“Do you have a spare cigarette? Make sure you put your cigarette out in the ashtray when you’re done.”

“Huh?”

“A fag can also be a cigarette, it’s a bit old school slang, but it’s still used. And we have these wind proof ashtrays that are called butt buckets.” Uncle Cam was still laughing.

“Okay,” I said warily.

“I better get going, I’ll see you around.” Uncle Cam finished.

“What’s a rissole?” I asked warily.

“One of these,” He held up one of his meatballs, “They’re mince meat, vegetables, breadcrumbs, and herbs. Basically, anything you want to put in them. But they are great cooked on the barbie, served with either gravy or BBQ Sauce.”

“Barbie?” I screwed up my face.

“BBQ, sorry.” Uncle Cam laughed again.

“Who’s teaching Oliver all of this stuff?”

“That would be your Uncle Luke, and I’d also say our Scott might have a hand in it. It’s a lot of slang at once. We don’t really talk that way, maybe bits and pieces in conversation, but not quite to the extent of what Ollie just came out with.” He laughed. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Of course, they did.

“It’s like a whole other language.” I shook my head sipping my coffee. I wish they’d hurry up so Cal can tell us what’s going on.

Thanks for reading, sorry about the cliff hanger part. I hope you enjoyed.
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 44
  • Love 22
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



13 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I miss you too Benny!!!!!!!!!!! Omg best chapter ever!!!!!!!!!!!:D:glomp::hug::worship:

 

How'd you like them apples, young Wesley!! I hope it made your day.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

 

How'd you like them apples, young Wesley!! I hope it made your day.

You have made my week😘

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

There’s something that’s been bothering me. In the US, we have drawers in our kitchens and dressers. You’ve been very consistent in your usage of “draws.” I realize that Southern Drawl often drops the final syllable (or vowel sound) so it might sound like they’re saying “draws,” but they’re really saying “draw’rs”. I don’t know how pronounced that sort of pronunciation is in Kentucky though since I’ve never lived anywhere near that state.

 

What’s the reverse of the devil’s spawn? What’s the female equivalent of sperm donor? What’s the non-step version of the evil step-mother? I suppose Will is literally the spawn of the devil, but the result was the opposite of the conventional meaning of the term! We need a special term for this disgusting phenomenon.  ;-)

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

There’s something that’s been bothering me. In the US, we have drawers in our kitchens and dressers. You’ve been very consistent in your usage of “draws.” I realize that Southern Drawl often drops the final syllable (or vowel sound) so it might sound like they’re saying “draws,” but they’re really saying “draw’rs”. I don’t know how pronounced that sort of pronunciation is in Kentucky though since I’ve never lived anywhere near that state.

 

What’s the reverse of the devil’s spawn? What’s the female equivalent of sperm donor? What’s the non-step version of the evil step-mother? I suppose Will is literally the spawn of the devil, but the result was the opposite of the conventional meaning of the term! We need a special term for this disgusting phenomenon.  ;-)

 

To answer your first question, that is just my bad language, I picked up on it a chapter or two ago. And trying to be mindful that it's drawers. Sorry just bad spelling on my account.

 

An Angel Egg? LOL.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Oliver cracks me up, go the Aussie slang!!!!!! And the female equivalent to sperm donor is incubator 👍

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, Justleah said:

Oliver cracks me up, go the Aussie slang!!!!!! And the female equivalent to sperm donor is incubator 👍

 

Ah, so it would be, thank you.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
35 minutes ago, glennish said:

Thank you sir for the excellent chapter.  Loved the pj party and superhero convention.  I like the way you are including Adam but not infringing on "Ian's Heart".  Thanks for introducing Payne to the family.  Will is so compassionate that he even cares about the devil woman's second ex-husband.  

 

Thanks Glennish, it's been hard, trying to slow down William's Love, so Ian's Heart can catch up a bit, without it ruining either story or upsetting anyone. None of us are the most patient bunch, LOL, so I'll take the knocks until they do.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

 Terrific chapter, again. I'm a bit curious about something, though. Between "Ian's Heart"  and this story, you present Adam as a bit of a hard ass with a notable attitude problem. Is that intentional, or am I simply reading him through my own filters? 

 

 Benny always warms my heart, and Will's and Liam's generosity and love (for each other, and almost everyone else) are absolutely transformational. 

 

 Love the overdone Aussie slang! 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Another great chapter. I really like the way that everyone gets along with everyone else. Benny is so adorable and I think it's great that he likes Clint Black and the song Wagon Wheel, only when Benny sings it wagon becomes dragon. I hope that all this bull crap with Will's mom ends soon, to me it seems like it's dragging along right now. The interview with the FBI and Assistant Federal Prosecutor lasted 3 hours and they try saying that there was an awful lot of money going in and out of his and his dad's bank accounts. They got shut down on that after Cal the family attorney who produced documents pertaining to the family trust that was established. Then they start saying that it was possible that his dad benefited from what his mother did. I'm glad Will had someone there for him.  It seems like the sleep over was successful, everyone had a great time singing songs, making smores, and just talking. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, tesao said:

Between "Ian's Heart"  and this story, you present Adam as a bit of a hard ass with a notable attitude problem.

I think Adam adds a bit of realism and grit to an extended family that sometimes feels like it’s entirely filled with impossibly perfect people. He has proven he has a warm heart under that gruff exterior. I appreciate the variety he represents.

Link to comment

Another wonderful chapter from my favorite fam!!! Love the Liam, Benny, Noah triad..:heart::great:

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Gotta love anything Aussie!  I'm reading a story elsewhere set in a rural area called Schoolie, but I'm only on the third chapter so far.

I really hope the FBI goons are going to investigate properly and not try to involve Will's dad in this mess--it would be so like the way justice works when it involves governments.

More please!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, tesao said:

 Terrific chapter, again. I'm a bit curious about something, though. Between "Ian's Heart"  and this story, you present Adam as a bit of a hard ass with a notable attitude problem. Is that intentional, or am I simply reading him through my own filters? 

 

 Benny always warms my heart, and Will's and Liam's generosity and love (for each other, and almost everyone else) are absolutely transformational. 

 

 Love the overdone Aussie slang! 

 

There has always been a bit of friction between Will and Adam. Although Will finds Adam good looking, Tracy had told him at Benny's birthday he was straight. Now he finds him pursuing his Uncle Ian so there is a little trust issue. Same goes for Adam, after meeting Will at the hospital, he thought Will was a trust fund baby that only cared about himself. There's also the difference between, POV. Adam is dealing with Will as a detective mostly, but Ian he's infatuated with.

 

Benny is the cutest little guy ever. But we only get to see the fun side to the four-year-old, I bet he'd be as typical as any other four-year-old. Good news for us we get him at his best. LOL.

 

Aussie slang is funny, and I'm pretty sure I use all of those, but not in one sentence. When you sling them altogether like that, it sounds hilarious. I've chucked a couple more in the next chapter, because their fun and it suits Ollie's personality to use them I think. 

 

And thank you for the compliment. :2thumbs:

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, Butcher56 said:

Another great chapter. I really like the way that everyone gets along with everyone else. Benny is so adorable and I think it's great that he likes Clint Black and the song Wagon Wheel, only when Benny sings it wagon becomes dragon. I hope that all this bull crap with Will's mom ends soon, to me it seems like it's dragging along right now. The interview with the FBI and Assistant Federal Prosecutor lasted 3 hours and they try saying that there was an awful lot of money going in and out of his and his dad's bank accounts. They got shut down on that after Cal the family attorney who produced documents pertaining to the family trust that was established. Then they start saying that it was possible that his dad benefited from what his mother did. I'm glad Will had someone there for him.  It seems like the sleep over was successful, everyone had a great time singing songs, making smores, and just talking. 

 

Hey Butcher56, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. I'm kinda jealous I wasn't there for the superhero sleepover. Sounds like it might have been fun. I'm also happy Will had a bit of support, with Cal, but the fact Detective Price or Adam insisted on being there was nice.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, droughtquake said:

I think Adam adds a bit of realism and grit to an extended family that sometimes feels like it’s entirely filled with impossibly perfect people. He has proven he has a warm heart under that gruff exterior. I appreciate the variety he represents.

 

Thanks droughtquake, and I'm glad you think so. I do know the character are a little too syrupy sweet. But we do only see them in their comfort zone mostly, and surrounded by the people they love. I hope they don't always come across so one dimentional.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:43 PM, Onim said:

Another wonderful chapter from my favorite fam!!! Love the Liam, Benny, Noah triad..:heart::great:

 

I heard you singing just as loud as they were at the campfire and your costume was amazing. LOL.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

Gotta love anything Aussie!  I'm reading a story elsewhere set in a rural area called Schoolie, but I'm only on the third chapter so far.

I really hope the FBI goons are going to investigate properly and not try to involve Will's dad in this mess--it would be so like the way justice works when it involves governments.

More please!

 

Coming up as fast as I can get it to you, I promise. More Aussie slang from Oliver to come too. You aren't wrong about the way justice works, not always great for the innocent. Let's hope the interviews help with that.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Bndmetl said:

 

I heard you singing just as loud as they were at the campfire and your costume was amazing. LOL.

Awww...geeezzzz, can't hide nothin' from you!!:facepalm:yep that was me "Antwoman" (I hear a "short joke" emerging from your lips...ZIP IT!!) :X :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Just now, Onim said:

Awww...geeezzzz, can't hide nothin' from you!!:facepalm:yep that was me "Antwoman" (I hear a "short joke" emerging from your lips...ZIP IT!!) :X :lol:

 

I wasn't gonna say a word, I promise. Plus at 5' 3" tall and wide I don't really have the right. :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

If a person is having a bad day, they should read a chapter or two of this story. The love and support and fun shared by these characters always puts me in a better mood. Thank you.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

now I'm up to date with this fine story,

so there is the 'charm' of everyday life now

- waiting for next chapter... and pressing f5 on keyboard ...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:04 AM, JeffreyL said:

If a person is having a bad day, they should read a chapter or two of this story. The love and support and fun shared by these characters always puts me in a better mood. Thank you.

 

No Thank you JeffreyL, that's the sweetest thing someone has said to me in a while. You've made my day.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Hlasota said:

now I'm up to date with this fine story,

so there is the 'charm' of everyday life now

- waiting for next chapter... and pressing f5 on keyboard ...

 

LOL, you're funny, I'm glad you're enjoying the story. The next chapter isn't too far away, so lay off the f5 on your keyboard, I can hear him whining from here. :P

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..