Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 4,307 Words
  • 5,751 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

William's Love - 44. Chapter 44

Hello,
This chapter contains two character's from DaHawk's story, 'Everything Changes'. However, these characters will survive this chapter. :P

Home Sweet Home

 

“Can I help you, gentlemen?” A young woman in her early twenties asked Liam and me after we stepped into the reception area of the Foundation.

“Hi, I’m Liam, and this is Will, we work here with you,” Liam smiled at the receptionist.

She stood coming around from the desk to greet us, she shook both of our hands, “Oh hello, I’ve heard your names mentioned, I should have picked it anyway. You look like a younger version of John, I’m Sally, the new receptionist.”

“Nice to meet you,” I smiled.

“Well I better buzz you through, they’ve got swipe cards now for security reasons,” Sally walked behind the reception desk, “If you ever need to buzz anyone through after hours, just dial *44. You can do it from any of the phones inside.”

Thanks, Sally. Are you able to divert the phones to one of our Dad’s?” I asked.

“Yes of course,” she smiled.

“Well come on then,” I lifted the box of pastries I was holding so she could see, “Coffee break, grab a drink and meet us. Liam picked them, so you know they are tasty and absolutely no good for you,” I chuckled, while Liam rolled his eyes.

“Oh yum, thanks, Liam,” Sally flirted a little.

“You’re welcome,” Liam chuckled.

“Just give me a second to divert the phone, and we can go in together,” Sally said as she went back to reception and diverted the phones. She then walked to the door with a stack of papers in her hands and let us in the office using her swipe card. We walked toward the offices where everyone was busy, not just the few we expected. Sally went to the break room to get herself a coffee, I assume.

I put the pastries down on one of the pods and went to Dad’s office and Liam went to see his Mom.

“Hey Dad,” I said knocking on his door as I entered his office.

Dad looked up from his computer, “Hey, your back,” he said getting up and came toward me, reaching for a hug.

“Yeah, we came to set up our office and say hello, plus we have that meeting this afternoon. Thank you for moving it for us.” I said as Dad hugged me tightly.

“No problem, so did you have a good time? Geez, you look so handsome in that suit, Kitt did well didn’t she?” Dad stepped back looking me up and down at the suit.

“Yeah, it’s really comfortable as well. Thank you for the gifts.” I said gratefully.

“You’re good boys, and you work hard, we’re all so proud of you both,” Dad told me.

There are more people here than I expected, we brought pastries with us. I hope there’s enough,”

“It will be fine, is Liam with you?” Dad asked, and I nodded, “Okay let’s introduce you boys to the new couple of employees.” Dad ushered me out of his office, at the same time Liam came out of his Mom’s office with her and Bill. Mom came over to me and hugged me.

“Glad you boys made it home safe, you boys look so handsome in the new suits,” Mom smiled at her handy work.

“Thanks for the gifts Mom,” I smiled.

“You’re welcome my sweet boy,” Mom said fiddling with my tie as she spoke. Liam rolled his eyes but smiling, behind his Mom. When she had finished Bill hugged me and welcomed me home. Mom went and gathered everyone else as Sally walked over and handed her stack of papers to Bill.

“Wow, that was quick, thanks, Sally,” Bill said gratefully taking them from her and quickly ducked into his office to put them down.

“There are pastries the boys brought into the office, these two new faces are Liam and Will Blundell-Sands,” Dad spoke pointing to us individually as he said our names. “They are the founders and vision behind ‘The William Sands Foundation.’ At the moment they are the Programs Directors for the foundation. They will be working part-time until they finish school, but they will answer any questions you have. Both will be available by email, text or phone. When they’re back at school, their schedules will be posted in their calendars so you know when they are available or will be in the office.

“You’ve met Sally,” she smiled and gave us a little wave, “This gentleman is Grant, he’s the new Trainer and reports to…” Dad looked around, and flicked his head behind us, “Mitchell whom you already know.” Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Dad winked at me when I saw who it was, they did help him. He must be an okay guy then if they’ve hired him. I can’t wait to find out how that comes about. Liam elbowed me gently in acknowledgment of Mitchell.

Mitchell came from behind us and shook our hands, he was wearing a warm smile and said: “Nice to see you guys again, can you stop by my office when you have a minute?”

“Sure,” we then turned to Grant, “Hi, nice to meet you,” Liam and I said at the same time, it gave everyone a chuckle. Grant reached out and shook our hands.

“You’ll get used to them, they do that a lot,” Dad chuckled, “Thomas, is our accounts payable and receivable, he reports to me. We also have two more who don’t start until next week, one is our IT lady and another gentleman, is our in-house legal that will liaise with Callen. And of course Lee, your brother, who we forgot to tell we had this pow-wow. He’s back in your office making phone calls for us.” Dad looked embarrassed about forgetting his own son. “He’s so quiet, sometimes I forget he’s around.

“I’ll get Lee,” I quickly greeted Thomas and went to our office.

“Hey Spud,” I roared entering the office. Wow, the computers have been set up. The phones were up and running. Our desks had already been set up with our stationary and work already waiting for us to get to. That didn’t take long.

“WILL!” Lee jumped from his seat into my arms, I think the whole building would have heard him.

“Missed me huh?” I chuckled, Lee looked up at me nodding,

“Is Liam here too,” he said excitedly.

“Yeah, everyone’s having pastries and coffee. I came to get you,”

“Oh awesome,” Lee exited the office and headed for the crowd of people. I watched as he attack hugged Liam. As I reached them, I heard Lee ask Liam, “Please tell me you picked the pastries,”

“Yes,” Liam chuckled.

“Thank god,” Lee said and his whole body relaxing. I rolled my eyes.

“Such a brat,” I mumbled, amused at his hate for my healthy eating.

“Oh, before I forget, there are two Foundation cars down in the underground garage. They’ll be housed here and used for any Foundation business. Not your truck Will, and definitely not your Mustang Liam,” Mom announced firmly, “Sally has the key and the sign-out book. If you know you’re going to need one, give her as much notice as you can.”

“Yes Ma’am,” We both said at the same time again.

There are also employment packets on your desks, you need to fill them out and give them back to Kit as soon as you can,” Sally informed Liam and me.

“Yes Ma’am,”

<>-<>-<>

Thanks, Liam,” Lee said as he settled in the back seat of my truck. Lee had asked us to take him to the shelter because he wants Liam to try and talk to one of the new kids.

“No problem, so what’s the deal with this kid?” Liam asked Lee viewing him through the mirror.

“There is this kid, I keep trying to talk to him, but he’s kind of shut down. He’ll pay attention to C.C. and Cash, but the minute Jase, or I try to talk to him he becomes silent,” Lee said sadly looking out the window as Liam drove.

“Okay, why me and not Will, he’s really good at getting people to talk?”

“Um…” Lee wavered.

“It’s fine Lee, just say it. I promise I won’t take offense,” I turned and looked at him in the backseat.

Lee sighed, “It’s that…” Lee worried his bottom lip with his teeth, “well… you look a little intimidating. Notinabadway,” Lee said the last part quickly, looking at his lap.

“It’s fine Spud, do you find me intimidating?” I asked with a frown, concerned.

Lee looked up at me and chuckled, “No… You’re a big ol’ pussycat. But people don’t find that out until after they know you.”

“Did ya hear that Baby? I’m I big ol’ pussycat,” I said grinning at Liam. He took my hand and kissed the back of it before holding it between us as he drove.

“More like a wild cat,” Liam growled under his breath. I laughed. Unfortunately, Lee heard what Liam had said.

“You two are so gross, you’re worse than Dad and Papi,” Lee he said feigning disgust but was sporting a smirk.

Liam pulled into the shelter and found a parking spot. We hopped out of the truck, Lee let Cash, C.C. loose with us. They’re so easy these days, we don’t need leads for them but still use them. Jason was waiting out front for Lee, he greeted us with a smile.

“Hey Jase, how’s it going?” I asked shaking his hand when I reached him.

“Yeah not too shabby, too happy that summer school is over,” he chuckled.

“I’ll bet,” Liam replied, “Uh, we’re all going back to school shopping on Friday. Why don’t you and Stephen join us? We’ll pick you up and drop you off.”

“Actually that would be great, I’ll let Stephen know,” Jason said smiling, he then turned to Lee, “Sorry Bud, I’ve tried. I cannot get this kid to say one word to me. He won’t even smile or frown – nothing.” He apologized to Lee, who shrugged his shoulders.

“You gonna try Will, you’re the one who got me to open up?” Jason looked at me with a shred of hope.

“Nope, that would be me,” Liam informed him as he blew out a breath and opened the door. Lee just about dragged Liam through the shelter to find this kid. Cash and C.C. happily in their trail trying to keep up. Jason stuck by my side.

“According to Spud, I’m intimidating,” I said in a mocking tone.

Jason frowned, “You’re as soft as they come,”

I rolled my eyes, “Lee said that too, but not until you get to know me. I don’t look that bad do I?”

Jason laughed, “Um no, around here you’re referred to as ‘hot baseball guy,’”

“I am not!” I said shocked. Jason just laughed while nodding his head.

“Come on you can help me run this art class, while we keep an eye on your husband,” Jason said pulling me in the direction of half-a-dozen kids. They were all waiting in anticipation for him to start. He had their full attention as he went through some sketching techniques. It was amazing to watch, I thought Paddy was good. Jason breezed through in a manner of minutes, then lightly pulled me from my seat and sat me in the middle of the easels. I moved without paying attention, my real focus on Liam with Lee and the pooches.

“Sit still Will,” Jason chortled. He brought me to focus on my surroundings. What the hell, he’d sat me down as the model for the kids to sketch. I gave him the bird really quick, and the kids all chuckled around me. “Please, don’t put Will’s impolite gesture in your sketch, we want to be able to display the end result,” Jason said professionally and sent daggers my way.

“You should talk to Paddy about this class, he’s a fantastic artist. He’d probably be able to help you run this class, or if you are unable, he could substitute for you.”

“Is that right? Can you give him my number and have him give me a call?” Jason asked enthusiastically.

“Of course, I’ll send him a text now,”

“Just sit still, so the kids can sketch you,” Jason said sternly. He takes these classes seriously. I switched off after that and kept my focus on Liam with the other kid. Lee came over and chatted with Jase as Liam charmed his way through the walls this poor kid had put up. He looked like a skater, long messy brown hair, probably around 5’10” or so, it’s hard to tell when he’s bent over in a chair. Liam sat next to him, patting Cash. C.C. was all over the new kid, lapping up as much attention as she could get. The kid wasn’t saying a word, but Liam was talking away. It looked like he was talking about the dogs, he reached into his pocket and pulled some doggy treats. Both our pooches were paying attention then. He passed them to the kid and then showing him how to get them to take the treats gently. The kid watched Liam, then tried for himself. C.C. showed her appreciation by forcing herself on him, slathering him in slobbery kisses, causing him to laugh. Liam gave the kid a few more treats to give the dogs, then watched in amusement.

The boy started talking to Liam, I saw his face light up with gratification, he’d been able to get the kid to talk to him. Was there ever any doubt, Liam’s about as charming as they come. I watched my husband as he slowly broke down a few of the walls the poor boy had put up. After about ten minutes, Liam and the boy came over to where the art class was.

“Hey Jason, do you have room for one more, Dustin wants to have a try?” Liam asked grinning like the cat that got the canary.

“Sure,” Jason answered excitedly and set up another easel between two of the other kids. Liam stayed by his side as Jason explained the techniques he had at the beginning of the class. Jason walked around the kids, observing what they were doing and giving them pointers as he went. Our pups had come and sat down next to me when Liam had come over to us. C.C. laid down over my feet, and Cash sat next to me with his head on my lap so I would pet him. “Okay guys, ten more minutes. I’m sure if we ask Will nicely he’ll come back next week so you can finish your sketches.” The rat bastard, he knew I wouldn’t be able to say no.

“I can do that,” I said nodding my head.

Once the class had finished the kids pulled their sketches from the easels and place them in the hanging pegs so they wouldn’t get smudged. As they all left a ‘thank you’ was mumbled as they passed me by. I smiled and just said you’re welcome. Dustin, the boy Liam had been talking to, tried to escape back to the spot he was perched at initially. Liam was on him in a second, bringing him back to me, Jason, and Lee.

“Hey Dustin, come meet my husband properly,” Liam gently put his hand on his arm and steered him in the direction of Jason and me. Lee was hanging back, he had a worried look on his face, Liam indicated for him to join us. His face then morphed into an appreciative smile. “Dustin this is Will, my husband,” Dustin just nodded at me, eyes bugging out of his head. Wow, maybe I am really intimidating. Liam quickly moved on and pointed to Jason, “Jason’s one of our closest friends, he lives here at the shelter for the moment. He’ll be around and will look after you. You can talk to him if needed, he won’t let you down. And this cutie is our brother Lee, Jason’s best friend.” Dustin smiled weakly at Jason and Lee.

“Dustin, let's have a look at your sketch. I’ll give you some pointers before next week, we can hang out and do some sketching together.” Jason told him and wrangled Lee and the boy away from Liam and me.

“So what did you find out?” I asked Liam as we walked back out to the reception area, the dogs went to follow us, but I called to Lee who whistled and they went to his side. If they made the new kid happy that’s where they needed to be.

“He’s had a horrific time, his parents were killed in a wreck. He was with them, only he survived. I don’t know if he’ll ever really get over that,” Liam said sadly, “but the cop who rescued him from the car put him into a foster care situation that wasn’t…” he couldn’t finish, but Liam’s whole body shuddered. “He doesn’t think the cop had a choice, and it wasn’t on purpose. He’s scared that if he goes back, they’ll put him in the same situation.”

“Did he give you the cops name?” I asked.

“No, why?”

“Did he tell you where he’s from?” I started texting Adam on my phone. Liam told me what he knew, I asked Adam to call me. My phone rang two minutes later. I told Adam what I knew and then put Liam on to fill in the gaps. Adam was going to contact this cop and get back to us, he told us to sit and wait. I also begged Adam not to give away Dustin’s whereabouts, unless he was positive the kid wouldn’t be sent back to the same situation. After Adam assured me fifteen times, that he wouldn’t, I let him get off of the phone.

While we waited for Adam to call us back, we decided to torture Derek in his office. Derek eventually kicked us out of his office, he did it with a smile. I’m sure we actually made it difficult for him at least, so totally worth it. Liam and I went back into the rec room, my phone rang as we walked toward the three boys. I answered veering away from them, and Liam joined the small group.

“Hey, how did it go?” I answered the call.

“Well, the cops name is Aaron, nice guy,” Adam said, “he was grateful I contacted him. He’s been going out of his mind with worry trying to find Dustin. He had no choice about the foster home, but he’s now sorted it out with the social worker so Dustin can live with him and his three boys.”

“That’s great, I think that’s what Liam said he wanted…”

“However, there is a bit of an issue,” Adam stated.

“Such as?” I asked warily.

“Well, this family has had the rug pulled out from underneath them also. His wife was killed in a car wreck, his eldest son and his best friend were in the car. His son was the only survivor and severely injured and as you would expect is a little closed off at the moment. His third son is actually his best friends kid. He lost his Mom when he was younger, and his Dad was shot and killed at work a few weeks before Aaron lost his wife. Dustin has to understand all of this before he goes into the home. Everyone in that house is healing, he’s going to have to understand that it won’t be all sunshine and roses. Saying that, Dustin is in the same position and Aaron wants him with him and his family.”

“Do you want me or Liam to talk to him?”

“No, I’ll send you the itinerary when I get it from him. I won’t be able to pick him up. Are you able to do it?” Adam asked.

“Yeah, that shouldn’t be a problem. What do you want me to tell Dustin?”

“Probably don’t tell him anything, Aaron thinks he might run again if he knows about his arrival. I’ve checked Aaron out, I assure you Dustin isn’t in any danger, and Aaron is on the up and up. Let them sort it out if he trusts you and Liam make sure one of you are there for him. I’ll talk to Derek when I get off the phone.”

“Thanks heaps for your help Adam,” Will said thankfully.

“You’re welcome, anytime Bud. Okay, I’ve gotta go, I’ll ring Derek and send you the itinerary for Aaron,”

“Great, I’ll see you later,” Will ended the call and returned to Liam’s side. He put his arm around my waist and kissed the side of my head. I hate lying to people, okay it’s not a lie, but it is a lie by omission I suppose. But if Dustin is prone to running, I don’t want this kid to feel like he should, not when he’s safe here.

“Alright guys, we better head off. We’ll see you guys tomorrow how about a little baseball?” I asked the boys.

Lee nodded enthusiastically while he elbowed Jason, who was laughing at Lee, “Sure, why not.”

<>-<>-<>

Adam had sent the itinerary, and we decided that it would be best if Liam and Lee went to the shelter with the dogs, while I went to the airport to pick up Aaron. Thankfully his plane had landed on time, so I was already waiting for him. After going through the regular greetings, we made our way out to the parking lot. When we approached the Mustang, he raised his eyebrow at me.

“You’re not one of these kids that are into street racing your cars, are you?” Aaron asked with a typical cop authority. I chuckled and got into the car without answering, I leaned over and unlocked the passenger door for him. He put his luggage onto the back seat before climbing in. His big frame had to contort through the opening until he was seated comfortably.

“No, this is my husband's car. He is meeting us at the shelter, our dogs are with him. They aren’t allowed to breathe on the Mustang. It was his Dad’s car and inherited it when his Dad passed away last year. He takes meticulous care of it.” I informed the officer sitting stiffly next to me.

I drove carefully to the shelter, Aaron apparently isn’t a fan of small talk. He asked me how Dustin was, once I’d answered the man never said another word all the way to the shelter. It was such a comfortable drive – not. After pulling into a parking spot, Aaron basically jumped out of the car and headed for the entrance. ‘Oh, I’m fine, you go right ahead I’ll catch up, you’re very welcome for the ride.’ I thought to myself. I really hope for Dustin’s sake he’s not this much of a douche.

When I reached the front doors to the shelter, Aaron was standing there like a shag on a rock, “How do I get into this place?” he asked pulling on the door, which of course got him nowhere. I pushed the button to the side of the door while smirking at him. A voice came back through the box with the button, “Can I help you?”

“Yeah, it’s Will. I’m with…” I looked at the man waiting for him to say who he was “Sergeant Aaron Hawke of the Burrel City Police Department,” Again with the authoritative voice, He’s here to speak with Derek regarding Dustin,” I said to the box. The door buzzed, Aaron pulled it open and let go once he was through the door, of course, it flew back at me. This guy is a bundle of manners.

“Oh, hey Will, Derek’s expecting you and Liam are out back playing baseball with most of the kids.” Rusty, the security guy, greeted us.

“Thanks, Rusty.” I waited as Rusty checked Aarons identification, “Rusty would you mind letting Liam know that I’m here and have him bring Dustin to Derek’s office?”

Rusty smiled, “Sure, no problem. Just go in Derek’s waiting for you,”

I had Aaron follow me to Derek’s Office, of course, I used my manners by knocking on the door, looking at Aaron smugly. See Officer Unhappy, I use my manners. “Come in,” I heard from the other side of the door. I walked through, holding the door open and indicating for Aaron to enter the office. That’s how you politely walk through a door with another person.

“Hi I’m Derek, and you must be Aaron?” Derek said and shook the Sergeant's hand.

“Yes, I’m here about Dustin, is he okay. He’s been missing for two weeks, I didn’t know where he was. I’ve been going out of my mind. I feel responsible for him,” The Sergeant’s voice wavered with emotion just a little. He cleared his throat before continuing, “I couldn’t live with myself if anything happened to him,” the man wiped his eye quickly, his voice thick with emotion again. Okay, now I just feel bad for thinking bad things about him and being snarky. The man can barely talk, he must really care.

“He’ll be here in a moment. I assure you he seems fine, maybe a little shell-shocked and frightened but he’s okay,” I said compassionately. There was a knock on the door, we waited for Aaron to quickly pull himself together, then Derek called for them to enter. Dustin entered first with Liam directly behind him. When Dustin saw Aaron, he tried to back out of the room, but Liam was blocking him. He turned Dustin around, to face the Sergeant again.

“Dustin,” Aaron said his voice trembling, the poor kid fell apart and into Aaron’s arms.

 
Thanks for reading, and to Rob for your help and constant joking hindering my writing process. :)  
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 45
  • Love 21
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



That woman would make just about anyone catatonic from exposure to her evil!

 

Just how many parents have the two of you killed off? So much trauma! I think you both have hit your lifetime quotas already! No more accidents!  ;-)

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

Liam was on him in a second, bringing him back to Jason, Lee and myself.

I hope your class is teaching you better than that!  ;-)

 

Just because everyone likes to incorrectly complicate things doesn’t mean you should use ‘myself’ rather than just plain ‘me’ there! It might be trendy, but it’s wrong. Even if TV news reporters use it. Standards are falling precipitously and I’m feeling ancient!  ;-)

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I hope your class is teaching you better than that!  ;-)

 

Just because everyone likes to incorrectly complicate things doesn’t mean you should use ‘myself’ rather than just plain ‘me’ there! It might be trendy, but it’s wrong. Even if TV news reporters use it. Standards are falling precipitously and I’m feeling ancient!  ;-)

 

Um... Sorry...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Bndmetl said:

Huh? What did I miss? Which woman? I don't think I've killed anyone - yet!

@Dahawk's woman. The foster care woman who drove Dustin to runaway! (And you did kill Liam's father way back at the beginning of William’s Love.)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Bndmetl said:

 

Sorry about the line, it was not supposed to offend anyone. I use that expression for myself. I'm four foot wide and tall :) I'm a little desensitized over the insults these days. I'm a too old to care about anyone else's opinion of what I look like. I'm always dressed clean and tidy, and if that's the only thing people see, I couldn't be bothered with them anyways. I forget sometimes that it matters, as I've heard all the jokes my entire life. However, you are correct because if I heard someone direct a quote like that to someone I'd tear them apart. Please accept my apologies and I'll be more mindful when I write things. Actually I'll go and change it now. :hug: Liam was on him in a second, bringing him back to Jason, Lee and myself.

Thank you, I really appreciate that, but I’m torn; if there’s one thing that bothers me more than insensitive phrases it’s censorship of any kind.  I truly never expected you to edit your story in response to my comment, and you certainly don’t need to apologize.  While I was merely sharing my gut reaction, I should also admit that I adored Joan Rivers (and finally saw her in live performance 3 weeks before she died). She spared no one, including herself, but did it with such wicked comedic timing that it was brilliant. But, I digress...

 

I love your stories and have never thought your writing to be the least bit cruel.  That line jumped out at me - well, for the obvious reason, but also because it seemed out of character for tender-hearted Will. Your re-write seems to fit much better.

 

I’m saddened to read that you’ve been treated the way you describe.  No one deserves that.         Wait...ok, Trump - yes...and ....maybe a few others.  :yes:

 

:kiss:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

I hope your class is teaching you better than that!  ;-)

 

Just because everyone likes to incorrectly complicate things doesn’t mean you should use ‘myself’ rather than just plain ‘me’ there! It might be trendy, but it’s wrong. Even if TV news reporters use it. Standards are falling precipitously and I’m feeling ancient!  ;-)

 

Yeah, that’s a pet peeve of my husband and myself.  :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, tesao said:

Thank you, I really appreciate that, but I’m torn; if there’s one thing that bothers me more than insensitive phrases it’s censorship of any kind.  I truly never expected you to edit your story in response to my comment, and you certainly don’t need to apologize.  While I was merely sharing my gut reaction, I should also admit that I adored Joan Rivers (and finally saw her in live performance 3 weeks before she died). She spared no one, including herself, but did it with such wicked comedic timing that it was brilliant. But, I digress...

 

I love your stories and have never thought your writing to be the least bit cruel.  That line jumped out at me - well, for the obvious reason, but also because it seemed out of character for tender-hearted Will. Your re-write seems to fit much better.

 

I’m saddened to read that you’ve been treated the way you describe.  No one deserves that.         Wait...ok, Trump - yes...and ....maybe a few others.  :yes:

 

:kiss:

 

Your kind, thank you. The words don't bother me, I have a mirror. :)  I in no way feel censored for changing the phrase, it just didn't occur to me at the time that it might offend someone. When I use it on me, it's always cheesecake. Because lets face it who'd want a cupcake if you could have cheese cake ;) And I also loved Joan Rivers, she was hilarious.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Great great story. I like the way you write your stories because I feel like I'm in the story off to the side watching what everyone goes through during the story. I'm glad that Adam was able to find the officer who helped Dustin after the wreck that took the lives of his parents although he survived. I like how Dustin almost got back out the door of Derek's office when he saw Aaron except that Liam was behind him and blocked his escape. I understand why Dustin wanted to run away as he thought Aaron was there to take him back to the foster home which he'd ran away from due to things that have happened to him while he was there. After a couple of minutes Dustin ran into Aaron's arms and broke down crying. I hope Dustin will be happy living with Aaron and his sons. It seems like the foundation is starting to really starting to get up and running, as they now have a receptionist and a locked door that requires a swipe card in order to enter the offices. The foundation also has a few other employees as well. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I'm just going to be quiet 0:) and keep enjoying this intermingling and great collaboration between you and Dahawk's characters and stories...it's quite fantastic...but you didn't hear that from me!!! :ph34r: Love the emotions Aaron couldn't hold back in Derek's office...:2thumbs: Awesome chapter...and can we not give up on "killing" peeps until we dispose of Ian's sister and Will's "mutha"...ok, just a thought...suggestion...hint..maybe strong mental push??? :whistle: :hug:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
13 hours ago, mogwhy said:

good chapter, even with you guys' tom-foolery, now where is DaHawk's chapter? tap, tap, tap :gikkle:

Had some really unexpected news dropped in my lap about a friend's past, but I am working on the chapter today. So it's coming soon.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Onim said:

I'm just going to be quiet 0:) and keep enjoying this intermingling and great collaboration between you and Dahawk's characters and stories...it's quite fantastic...but you didn't hear that from me!!! :ph34r: Love the emotions Aaron couldn't hold back in Derek's office...:2thumbs: Awesome chapter...and can we not give up on "killing" peeps until we dispose of Ian's sister and Will's "mutha"...ok, just a thought...suggestion...hint..maybe strong mental push??? :whistle: :hug:

I'm already waiting in line with my dark murderous writing pen laying in wait to assist in the deed @Onim :devil:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Dahawk said:

Had some really unexpected news dropped in my lap about a friend's past, but I am working on the chapter today. So it's coming soon.

sorry about your friend. take all the time you need. real life trumps fantasy. i'll wait

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

No fair you did it when I was asleep😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I wish I could meet these people in real life. If there were more people like the the world would be a better place. I love these guys and yay Aaron!

@Wesley8890 we are trying to make it like Christmas morning for you when you wake up you get surprises and are supposed to want more and more and, well you get the picture.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, droughtquake said:

That woman would make just about anyone catatonic from exposure to her evil!

 

Just how many parents have the two of you killed off? So much trauma! I think you both have hit your lifetime quotas already! No more accidents!  ;-)

I have been attempting to reform my murderous ways, but as an addict, it's a step by step, day by day process. I still have a certain mother in my crosshairs.... hint, hint....0:)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

sorry about your friend. take all the time you need. real life trumps fantasy. i'll wait

Thanks, but my writing has become my therapy without paying for it. Well, I guess in a way I do pay if the chapter doesn't go as I had hoped.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..