Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 5,303 Words
  • 26,502 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

William's Love - 1. Chapter 1 - This Can’t Be Real

This is a revised version, please let me know what you think. Thanks and regards Joh.

This Can’t Be Real

 

“Hold the paper still so I can tape it straight,” I said frustrated at Liam.

“Are you sure this is going to work?” he retorts, trying to hold the paper still.

“Of course it will, there you go, all done.” Putting the tape on the counter and the paper sat drooping, on the underneath side of the cabinet just below eye line.

“Will, I hope your Dad doesn’t get too pissed off about this,” Liam said chewing on his bottom lip, something he’s done since we were little when he’s worried about something.

“He has it comin’, he shouldn’t have let the tires down half way on your Ford.”

Liam chuckled as he remembered last week, Dad let all four tires half way down on his truck, before he left for work. We had no way of pumping the air back into the tires, so we weren’t able to drive to school. It was too late for the bus and were forced to walk the entire way. We arrived 29 minutes late for school, without an excuse from our parents,, and both of us got a detention. “Yeah! Asshole!” Liam exclaimed even though he had a smile on his face.

I opened the cupboard door and pulled out all of the cereal and other food items, while Liam moved them to the bottom of the food pantry. Except for the Coco Puffs – of course. Liam passed me the three new boxes of Cocoa Puffs we purchased the day before. I stuck a handmade sign at the back of the cupboard. “I’m Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs!” Liam then held the paper straight up against the cupboard, creating a wall. We poured all three boxes of Puffs over the top of the paper wall we’d created and then closed the door. I pulled the sticky tape and paper from the underside of the kitchen cabinet. Liam held the cabinet door in place, and I slid the paper out. Liam then gently and slowly released his pressure from the door to make sure it wouldn’t spring back open on us.

After hiding the evidence and collecting ourselves, we hiked upstairs to get ready for school. As I was coming out of the shower, I heard Dad in his room moving around. Once I was dressed, I stood at my door and look at Liam as he’s heading into the bathroom.

“Don’t take long he is just going to the shower. As soon as he opens that cabinet door, we are gonna want to get the hell outta here. Or we’ll be on clean up,” I warned him chuckling.

Liam nodded his head in agreement laughed and headed quickly into the bathroom. I finished getting ready for school, and it’s as I’m closing the zipper on my bag I hear;

“Shit, what the… WILL!!!!!, LIAM!!! YOU BOYS ARE GOING TO…”

I came barrelling out of my room, school bag in hand and smacked straight into Liam almost knocking him on his ass. He was dressed enough to get to the truck, shoes in one hand and school bag in the other. We were both laughing our asses off, tripping all over ourselves to get down the stairs and out to the truck to get the hell out of dodge and away from Dad.

“Bye Dad,” we yelled in unison and were out the door. Liam threw his keys at me so I could drive, and he could finish dressing on the way to our usual early morning coffee ritual, before school. As we are getting into the truck, Dad had made it to the front porch. He was waving his fist in the air, roaring profanities at us – in just a towel. He must have jiggled a little too roughly while throwing his fist around because the towel fell to his ankles and now he’s showing God and old Mrs. Lycroft next door – who was watering her garden – his attributes.

We were laughing uncontrollably as I fired up the truck; the last thing we see is my Dad’s pucker winking at us as he picked up the towel and retreat back inside. By the time we hit the local coffee shop parking lot where our girlfriends were waiting. We had finally calmed down, and Liam is presentable – almost. I looked over at my best friend, and we lose our shit all over again. Falling out of the truck, we stumbled to the front of the pickup meeting up together with a high five.

I’m so glad your folks let you stay with us after they moved,” I said to Liam fondly.

“I know, right? I can’t imagine missing out on all of this. Love Ya, buddy!”

“Right back at Ya!” I laughed, we held each other’s gaze for a second.

Liam’s family used to live next door, they had moved in when Liam and I were four-years-old. We were best friends and inseparable from the minute we laid eyes on each other, and have been ever since. We are both named William, I go by Will, and he goes by Liam. I don’t know who decided on that, but it’s how it is.

Our parents were also good friends until my mother left us high and dry that is. It didn’t change the relationship between Liam’s parents and my Dad, well, it did, it made them all that much closer. Our families did everything together, holidays, celebrations and vacations. No-one missed my mother it seems. Not even me. You would think I’d be upset, I was actually relieved. She was never actually present, I mean she was around, mother found her family more of a nuisance than anything else, and she was always nasty to Dad and indifferent with me. I honestly don’t know how he put up with her for as long as he did.

Dad made up for her being a crappy Mom, best man I know, him and Liam’s Dad anyway, they are very similar in nature and personality. They both spent time with Liam and me, they showered us with love and attention, teaching us new things. Some of those new teachings got them into trouble with Liam's Mom. After mother had left I had three parents, I’ve always called Liam’s Mother, Mom and Liam’s father, Dad and I call my father, “Hey you,” just kidding, he’s also Dad.

Anyway, I’m rambling, when Liam’s Dad had gotten a promotion in a different state, at the beginning of this past summer, his parents agreed to let him stay with us until graduation; even though we are only going into our junior year of high school. It wasn’t an easy sell, but splitting us up would be like separating twins. I don’t think either of us would make it without the other. It may sound a little dramatic, but it’s how we feel. They gave Liam his Dad’s old Ford pickup truck, so Dad didn’t have to chauffeur us around, and he could have transport, maybe get an after school job. Worked for us no more stinky school bus.

“What have you two delinquents done now?” my girlfriend Katherine asks, sliding her arm around my waist and kissing my cheek. Jennifer, Liam’s girlfriend, looks on with the perpetual scowl she wears daily, waiting for an answer. She is such a party pooper, I really don’t know what he sees in her. She’s such a bitch, I can’t believe she’s Katherine’s best friend.

“We filled Will’s cereal cupboard full of loose Cocoa Puffs. His Dad opened the cabinet, they would have gone everywhere, his Dad started yelling, so we booked it the hell outta there. He ran out onto the porch to yell at us, and his towel dropped to his ankles, in front of God and everybody,” Liam states while laughing at Dad’s predicament.

PING!!

CHOO CHOO!!

Liam and I looked at our phones to read the message.

From: Dad

Message: You boys will pay. But thank you I now have a date on Saturday night with Old Lady Lycroft. I guess she likes what she saw.

“Ewwww…” both Liam and I grouse at the same time, she has to be 90 in the shade.

“How jealous are you, Dude! I thought she’d be more your type.” Liam suggests to me laughing.

“Asshole!” I uttered as we grabbed our girls and head inside to get coffee and muffins. And we made it to school on time.

 

During the second period, both Liam and I were called to the office. When we got there, the admin lady – Ms. Abrahams – handed us both a paper bag.

“Your father dropped off your lunches. You both apparently forgot to bring them with you.” Ms. Abrahams, the office admin lady, says admonishingly.

“Ms. Abrahams, your hair is looking lovely today. Have you had it styled?” Liam asks her as he tilts his head. She put her hand up and touches her hair, smiling. I dragged him off cackling.

Once we are out of the office, we open the bags and look inside. You’ll never guess what’s in there. That’s right! Cocoa Puffs.

“Asshole!” we exclaimed in unison, high-fived and made our way back to our own classes.

Come lunch time, we were standing in line at the cafeteria. Happily chatting away, our girlfriends were behind us in the line. Mrs. Abrahams walks passed, then turned back to confront us.

“Didn’t your Father bring your lunches to you?” she asks.

“We ate it!” We declared together, laughed and then high-fived, seems to be a habit of ours.

“Looking good Ms. Abrahams,” Liam said leaning closer to her with his hands on the railing, “I didn’t see your outfit earlier this morning when I was in the office. Do you have a new beau?” Liam asked, looking at her with hungry eyes.

She touched her hair and then smoothed her skirt, blushing as she walked off. Jen rolled her eyes at us and turned back to her conversation with Katherine.

“Dude, you might wanna be careful. She might trap you all alone in the stairwell one day and have her way with you.” I laughed at him.

“Alright, I can finally get me some action!” He proclaimed quietly so only I could hear him.

“You’re a sick man,” I told him shaking my head.

We were walking through the cafeteria to our lunch table, trays in hand, all of a sudden I heard a tray drop to the floor with a loud metal twang, and all eyes were on Liam. Trent and his dumbass sidekick Stephen had knocked the tray out of his hand, Liam’s lunch spread around him on the ground.

“Why don’t you watch where you’re going queer?” Trent sneered at Liam, while Stephen stood next to him, nervously looking around.

“I was, but I got distracted trying to work out if you two are a couple in love.” Liam smiles retorting back at Trent. The kids sitting at the tables around us were laughing, and Trent looked around, unhappy the tables had turned against him. A teacher started walking in our direction after seeing the altercation.

“This ain’t over.” Trent spits out as he’s about to walk off.

“You should tell that to him,” Liam pointed toward Stephen, “WE,” he flicked his finger between himself and Trent, “aren’t in a relationship,”

Trent snarls and pushes Stephen toward the exit of the cafeteria. I helped Liam clean his lunch off of the floor, and he tossed it in the closest trash can. Once we are finally settled at the table, I put my tray between us so we could share save Liam going back to the cafeteria line.

Thanks, Dude, geez, what a douche.” He says looking at me, with a scowl.

“I know, I hate those two, they’re a pair of f-wits. We might wanna watch our backs though because they’re dumber than dog shit. They’ll try something else now that you got the better of them.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Liam said in an uninterested tone.

“I don’t know why you had to retaliate in the first place,” pipes up Miss High and Mighty Jennifer.

“Well Miss Bitchy Pooh, because of them,” I point over to my right, as she looked in that direction, I reached across and flung her tray down a couple of seats to the left. Liam knocks his knee into mine and smiles at me.

“Hey, why’d you do that?” Jen sneers at me.

“Oh, I thought you’d be more comfortable down there. And I wouldn’t have to look at Ya!” I decree with a big ol’ smile on my face.

She slaps her hands on the table while she stands, picks up her tray and storms off. Katherine took her tray and said sighing, “Did you have to?”

“She’s a bitch, Katherine!” I exclaimed a little too high pitched for my liking.

Katherine shrugged her shoulders, nodded her head and then followed off in the direction Jen had stormed. I continued eating my lunch unconcerned with Jens feelings.

Liam mutters, “I’m gonna pay for that later.”

“Dude, why are you even with her? You could do so much better.”

Liam is silent for a minute then turns to me, “Natural progression I guess, she’s always with Katherine, and she’s a sweetheart. I thought Jen would be the same way. But it’s like night and day,” He groaned.

<>-<>-<>

The next nine days at home were nerve wracking. Dad is the patient type for revenge, you never knew when and you never knew what. He does one of two things, he either gets you back so quick you don’t see it coming, or he waits long enough that you’re relaxed and forget that retaliation is forthcoming. Living with him is terrifying; to say the least. See the problem is, there is no Mom in this house to mediate, so the games play on.

The house phone was ringing; Liam is looking at it from every angle.

“Dude, it helps if you pick it up,” I yell down the stairs.

“Nah-Uh! Do you remember the time you answered this phone and your Dad had glued the handset to the phone? You had to go to the hospital to see if you had a concussion and get stitches.”

“Oh! Yeah!” I reply, touching the hairline by my ear, where the stitches had been. “That was definitely not funny.”

See what I mean he has us on edge and so paranoid we won’t even answer the phone.

“C’mon we’re going to be late for school, we gotta get outta here.” The phone had stopped ringing. Then started again a few minutes later. Dad had left for work early today, so we thought he was just baiting us. No way were we picking up that phone. It was one of those old ones with a dial, so it’s not like we had caller id to see who was on the other end.

I went back to my room to finish packing my bag. In go my textbooks, my notes, better not forget my homework. I looked around me, yep I think that’s everything. Nope my phone, I looked around picking up things to look underneath. I can’t find it. I looked in the kitchen – nope. Then the living room – nope. Okay, where did I leave that sucker? I went back upstairs to look in my room again.

“Liam, can you ring my phone, I can’t find it,” I called out.

Silence. I walked into his room. He scowling as he’s tossing his stuff around.

“I can’t find my phone either.” Liam stopped, turned and stared at me with his eyes as big as saucers. “That crafty bastard took our phones!”

“Asshole!” we exclaim together.

We grabbed our bags, there was no more time to waste worrying about the phones we were going to be late – again. The pair of us made our way down to the truck, we didn’t have a chance to stop for coffee this morning, Jen still isn’t speaking to either Liam or me, and Katherine is showing her solidarity by doing the same. This kind of works for us at the moment, it means we’ll actually have some money in our savings. When Liam’s folks insisted he get a job, my Dad thought it was an excellent idea. So we both managed to get a job at the local bowling alley, there was no way we were serving food. We saved some of our pay, but the rest usually goes to taking the girls out. No girls, therefore, more savings.

The first bell rang as we got out of the truck and had to book it to homeroom. This is always a non-event. As I reached my first-period class – wood shop, a kid handed the teacher a note, and he stopped me from entering the workshop.

“Ah, Will, you are to go to the office and take your things with you.” Mr. Stewart told me in a smug, arrogant tone of voice that I didn’t appreciate. I hate that guy, there’s something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

On the way to the office, I was trying to recall what Liam and I gotten up to this week. Maybe it’s the altercation in the cafeteria week before last with Trent. But surely they would have done something by now. I can’t think of what I have done in the past week that I would be in trouble for. Maybe Liam has done something and not told me. We always get into trouble together, they just assume we are both involved. Anyway, I hiked my bag over my shoulder and slowly wandered to the office, I ain’t in any hurry to be in trouble.

When I reached the office, there were two Police Officers with the Principal. My whole body started shaking. What the hell have we done? Then I saw Liam sitting on the trouble makers bench, he was crying into his hands, almost curled over like a Hedgehog. I rushed over to him, my worried eyes set to the officers.

“What’s going on?” I asked the officers, panicked, while I sit and put my arm around Liam.

“I’m sorry to tell you, young Liam’s father Mr. Sands, was killed in a motor vehicle accident earlier this morning. His Mother had tried to inform him before school. She also tried to reach your father unsuccessfully,” the older officer answered, he reached out with his card. “If there is anything I can do for either of you don’t hesitate to give me a call. We’re sorry for your loss son.” The officer said sympathetically. I took his card and thanked him in a daze. This can’t be real, Dad is gone. The Principal had the officers leave, promising he would take care of us. I heard the younger officer say to his partner, “Poor kid.”

The Principal had Ms. Abrahams contact my Dad’s work, stating it was an emergency and to come to the school immediately. Everything is just a fog. I sat staring at the wall ahead, tears falling from my eyes. It’s too hard to think about what has happened. I pulled Liam over to me, and he leaned against my chest sobbing. I sat there staring straight ahead at the wall with tears streaming down my face. My heart broken, because I’d lost a Dad, and because my best friend, one of the people I love most in the world is shattered. I can’t even comprehend what has happened let alone Ms. Abrahams trying to hand us both a glass of water each.

<>-<>-<>

Eventually, my Dad walked through the outer office doors. I still had Liam in my arms and was rubbing his back and holding him to me. By the state of my Dad, he’d already heard. He came straight to Liam and I and crouched down gathering us both in his arms, and the three of us cried together. Dad pulled himself together, and the Principal ushered him into his office. Liam and I just sat and waited.

When we got home, I led Liam to his room holding his hand. I undressed him to his boxers, pulled back his covers and put him in bed. I sat on the bed and leaned back against the headboard next to him and turned on the television. Dad brought us our cell phones and apologized; Liam called his Mom straight away. I turned down the volume on the TV set. He’s barely keeping it together; nope he’s just lost it. The phone slipped from his hand, and he leaned into me seeking comfort, sobbing. I picked up his phone and spoke with Liam’s Mom, who’s the only Mom I have. I have no idea what to say to her. Could there ever be the right thing to say? I’d like to know that, if someone ever works it out I hope they share it around. I’ve never felt so helpless in my short life. We ended our conversation with a promise she’d have us picked up at the airport when our flight gets in. I enveloped myself around Liam, and we cried until we fell asleep.

Dad woke me later in the evening and helped me extricate myself from Liam. We took his suit from the wardrobe and then mine. Dad was taking them to the dry cleaners first thing in the morning. Dad explained he was unable to get us flights until first thing, the day after tomorrow. Being Thursday. The funeral was on Friday. If we drove we would miss the funeral, having Liam drive that far wasn’t a good idea, considering the circumstances; so we would have to wait for the flight.

<>-<>-<>

I woke this morning in my own bed, first things first, I went and checked on Liam. Thankfully, he’s still sleeping. I bet he’s had a restless night with barely any sleep. The second thing, I’m starving, I bet he won’t eat, but I have to try, he’s got to eat something. I went to the kitchen and whipped up, scrambled eggs with bacon and toast, putting it on a tray with orange juice, two Tylenol for him and took it up to his bedroom. I put the tray on his desk and woke him gently. He opened his eyes and stared at me, not saying a word.

“I brought you some breakfast, you have to eat something. Even if it’s only a tiny bit, but you need to eat.” I quietly said to him. He sat up and nodded his head. I gave him his plate and orange juice, which he sat on his bedside table. Then the Tylenol, he gave me the tiniest of smiles in appreciation. I took my breakfast from the tray and sat next to him. We ate in silence, it wasn’t uncomfortable, we were just going through the motions, both numb. I’m glad he is eating.

I told him about the flights, he barely moved his head, to show he heard me, “Aren’t you coming with me?” his voice croaky.

“Of course, you, me and Dad are going together,” I replied.

He squeezed my hand, I looked at him, and he had tears running down his face, “Thank you, I don’t think I could do this without you.”

“You’re my best friend, my partner in crime and my brother; it’s us against the world. I love you, where else would I be?” He laid his head on my shoulder while he finished eating his breakfast. I’m surprised he ate it all. He rang his Mom, they talked for a while, and I took the breakfast dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. I showered and got ready for school. As I was about to leave Dad stopped me. He asked me to stay home and look after Liam as he had to go into the office. Works for me! I didn’t want to leave Liam alone in the first place.

I grabbed some DVD’s and took them with me to Liam’s room. He was wiping his eyes when I walked over to him, I let it go he will be like this I assume on and off all day. It’s going to be difficult to stay strong for him if I breakdown every time he does. I showed him the movies, and he pointed to White House Down. I popped it in the player attached to his television and laid down next to him. Liam scooted over next to me and put his head next to mine on the pillow, held my hand and curled into my side. I think he needed the human contact, a connection to hang on to. It didn’t bother me at all, I’m happy to give him anything he needs to get through this. Liam was asleep by the end of the film, so I went and did some work on an assignment for History.

My mind wandered at about the second hour. I heard the shower go and wondered how to help Liam through the grieving process, I opened a new page on my laptop on what to do. After reading for a while, all I can think is they forgot to add shock. I’ll have to keep an eye on him, over the next couple of months to make sure he is not slipping into a depression. I can’t even imagine how he feels. My Mom left by choice even though I was relieved it still hurt a little. But this, this is something worse. He will never get to see or talk to his Dad again. He never even got a chance to say goodbye.

The rest of the night went slowly; I checked on Liam every couple of hours. He wanted to be alone, so I let him be, it didn’t stop me from worrying though. Dad had hung our suits on the outside of our wardrobes after he’d picked them up from the cleaners so we would remember them. I was packing for the trip when Dad stuck his head in and advised me to pack for at least 5 days. He wasn’t sure how long we would be gone, or what needed to be done once we were there. I pulled everything back out of my luggage case. Checked the weather forecast for Arizona for the next five days and packed accordingly. Basically, HOT for the foreseeable future, it’s the desert.

After I’d finished packing, I went into Liam’s room and pulled out his suitcase and started packing for him. I’m not sure he’d be up for it, and I wanted him to have as much rest as possible, the next few days were going to be gruelling. I was trying to be as quiet as possible, I didn’t want to wake him. All of a sudden I heard whimpering, he was crying in his sleep. I laid on the bed and pull his back into me with my arms tight around him, this seemed to settle him down. I kissed the back of his head. I don’t know why, but for some reason, I thought it might help. I laid with him in my arms until I fall asleep.

My Dad gently woke me later in the night, “C’mon son, go get into bed we have a couple of long days coming up.” He said in a whisper.

“I’m going to stay here with Liam, he’s been crying in his sleep. Me being here seems to settle him, I don’t want him to wake up alone.” I told Dad.

“You’re a good boy, you know that,” he lovingly squeezed my shoulder.

“Don’t you forget it either, ya old fart.” I retorted chuckling.

He smacked my feet playfully as he walked passed them to leave.

<><><>

Our day of traveling was long, but at the same time, it seemed to disappear pretty quickly. Before I knew it, I found myself getting ready for bed in one of the guest room of Liam’s, parents place. Before I went to bed, I checked on Liam. He was lying on his bed in the foetal position. I can see his shoulders shaking. So I lay behind and wrap my arms around him and bring his back into me. He reached up and put his hand over mine and held me there. I rest my head on the pillow behind his, leaning forward I kiss the back of his head and pull him tighter.

I woke up the next morning in the same position. I gently untangle myself from Liam to pee and get rid of my morning wood. Geez, I hope he couldn’t feel that how embarrassing. The last thing he needs it to feel my morning I have a quick shower and dress in a t-shirt and shorts for breakfast. I won’t put my suit on until just before we are leaving. Walking into the kitchen, I see Liam’s Mum making breakfast. I walk behind her and turn her around; her eyes are puffy, bloodshot and red. I wrapped my arms around her and picked her up off of the floor like I’ve done a million times before.

Mum giggled, “God Bless you boy, I needed that. Now I don’t have any Cocoa Puffs but will pancakes suffice?”

I looked at her sheepishly, “Pancakes will be great, how can I help?”

“You can set the table and then sit and chat, I need to keep busy.” Came her reply.

After fixing the table, I sat and told her about school and the girls. Dad had been keeping Liam’s folks updated on the pranks, but I have a feeling they helped with some of the ideas – traitors.

“Breakfast is almost ready, do you want to see if you can roust my other son?”

I nod my confirmation and set out to his room. He was in the shower, so I laid out underwear, a t-shirt, and shorts for him on the bed. I knocked on the door and yelled: “breakfast is ready.” He replied with a grunt, and I went back to the kitchen. Dad is holding Liam’s Mom while she cries. I gently move them sideways and start putting breakfast on plates and pouring orange juice for us. I flicked the coffee maker to start the coffee brewing so it would be ready after breakfast.

As we sat at the table, I was surprised Liam had come down to breakfast. I’m glad, I know he will be up and down, but I’ll be thankful for all the ups. I hate seeing them hurt, I love them so much. I wish I could take away their pain. While we are eating breakfast, Dad talked Mom into coming home with us for a few days. That made Liam smile. Yes! A smile. Awesome.

<>-<>-<>

It was a beautiful funeral; Mom had done a great job. The whole event, from the ceremony to the wake was totally fitting to her husband’s personality as well as Liam’s Dad. I don’t know how she did it, but it worked for both sides of him. He was a remarkable man, kind, loving and fun when it came to us boys, friends and family. He also had a serious side, which was resourceful, intelligent and hard working. He was always someone you could count on. He was so much like my Dad, no wonder they were the best of friends.

Mom sent us all to bed after the clean up was completed. As she put it “to get some sleep, we start a new life tomorrow.” I guess she’s right, we all start our life tomorrow, the life without Frank Sands in it.

 

 

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Williams' Love.
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 58
  • Love 7
  • Sad 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

One thing I felt the need to comment on, it makes no sense that police officers showed up at their school to inform Liam his father died. It was an auto accident and it wasn't local. His mother would likely have been informed by the police as the next of kin. But the police in Will and Liam's area would have no involvement at all. At that point it would be up to Liam's mother to inform all other family of the accident. Just a small point.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/06/2017 02:46 AM, spikey582 said:

One thing I felt the need to comment on, it makes no sense that police officers showed up at their school to inform Liam his father died. It was an auto accident and it wasn't local. His mother would likely have been informed by the police as the next of kin. But the police in Will and Liam's area would have no involvement at all. At that point it would be up to Liam's mother to inform all other family of the accident. Just a small point.

Sorry, it was in my head. The boys didn't have their phones and couldn't get hold of the father. She asked the police to inform them. It was in there but I must of got heft with the delete and not noticed, when trying to edit myself. Please except my apologies for the confusion.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I thought that must have been the reason why the phone was ringing earlier. I guess the school authorities were glad they didn't have to break the news to the boys.

 

I remember reading two related story series set in the UK titled William and Liam. I figured the next sequel would have to be titled Lee or Ian.

Link to comment

This is an interesting story so far. You can see how much will and liam care for each other. I look forward to future chapterz

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Nice start! The boys are really close, it is cute how Will takes Care of Liam after the tragic news. Good job

  • Like 2
Link to comment

A sad and wonderful chapter all rolled into one! I absolutely love how close Will and Liam are, and how Will comforts Liam after finding out about his dad. Looking forward to reading more!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/01/2017 at 5:24 PM, droughtquake said:

I thought that must have been the reason why the phone was ringing earlier. I guess the school authorities were glad they didn't have to break the news to the boys.

 

I remember reading two related story series set in the UK titled William and Liam. I figured the next sequel would have to be titled Lee or Ian.

Awesomedude.com, Paul Jamison. They started off being almost identical to Tim by Brew Maxwell on crvboy, but set in middle England not Florida. Fortunately they went in different directions but the first chapter was a serious case of déjà vu . I don't know which was written first.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Paqman said:

Awesomedude.com, Paul Jamison. They started off being almost identical to Tim by Brew Maxwell on crvboy, but set in middle England not Florida. Fortunately they went in different directions but the first chapter was a serious case of déjà vu . I don't know which was written first.

The copyright dates listed for the stories indicate 2008 for William and 2001 for Tim. Although I thought I’d read everything on crvboy, Tim doesn’t seem familiar even after I read the first two chapters.

Link to comment

 I also recall a UK story about William and Liam from a few years back. Co-ink-a-dink? Happenstance (not to be confused with Happy Dance when your editors give you the all clear to publish). 

I noticed at least one of your editors is UK, when this appears: "... Liam... was lying on his bed in the foetal position." 

It's been a few years now since Chapter 45. Any indication when this and your other stories 'on hold' may be kick started. Not to be a nag, but I reread ALL of Willy Shakespeare's works yesterday to celebrate his birthday. Why? Well my streaming service is crap on Isolation Day 43, I've read the paper lining the birdcage, and have taken up knitting shredded magazines from recycling. Arghhh. 

Edited by Anton_Cloche
Link to comment

Is it meant to be cute where the dad superglued his son to the phone so he had to go to hospital and needed to cut the phone away from his scalp so much he needed stitches? That's NOT cute, that's weird and sick and Child Abuse. Leaving this story right now, very nasty vibes.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..