Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 6,774 Words
  • 8,992 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

William's Love - 47. Chapter 47

What a difference seven years can make!

 

“Happy Birthday!” my dads scream down the phone.

I laughed; they have done this every single year since I moved out. Calling me almost every couple of hours, screaming birthday wishes down the phone. “Thanks!”

“How does it feel to be a quarter of a century?” Papi asked me.

The pitter-patter of little feet coming down the hallway caught my attention. I swiveled in my office chair, just in time to see a giggling four-year-old boy covered in bubbles run by. Not even two seconds later, another one. But, this little one is dragging a towel behind him. His cute little grinning face looking back over his shoulder; he squealed and runoff. Next to come is a saturated Liam. I got a glimpse of him as he skipped by the door after the boys, laughing. He still takes my breath away. Liam came back standing in the doorway and shrugged his shoulders at me. Something must have caught his attention because he quickly moved in the direction of the boys. All I heard was Liam, “Luke, no buddy,” he admonished, then stomped past the door with one of our babies under each arm. I couldn’t help but laugh at my crazy family.

“WILL!” Dad and Papi screamed in unison.

“Huh? Yeah! Sorry, Luke and Levi escaped the bath again,” I laughed down the phone.

“The rascals, they definitely take after you, Will,” Papi said.

“Ha! Yeah, right. More like Dad,” I scoffed.

In our freshman year of college, my cousin Beth offered to harvest some of her eggs for us. The short story, after a lot of back and forth on the decision, we accepted. After that, we found a surrogate, a home for some of Liam’s little soldiers with Beth’s eggs, and we were on our way. We were warned of the statistics, it might not work, multiple births, that type of thing. Well, they were right on both counts. The first try didn’t work, after a little heartbreak and disappointment, we tried again. One egg, identical twins – go figure. Our next struggle was to give them names; I thought we would end up divorced over that, thinking back over the arguments. It was all pretty ridiculous. But you can’t blame me. Liam wanted to name one of our babies, Atticus – uh-uh not happening. I wanted Luke William after my Uncle Luke, William for Papi, and Liam’s Dad. Liam thought since I had Luke, he would go with Lee, but that would get confusing, so we went with Levi John. Technically he’s named after Lee but without the confusion as well as my dad - John.

“Papi, Papi,” Levi run into the office, squealing; I put the phone between my neck and shoulder, picking him up and setting him on my lap. He still had the towel in his hand, so I whipped it up and around him then pulled him into my chest. He had teary eyes.

“What happened, little man?” I asked.

He sniffled, it’s so hard not to laugh sometimes how drama-packed a four-year-old’s life can be, “Daddy is mad at me.”

“I’ll see you both at the O’Rourkes in an hour. Levi’s having a crisis, gotta go,” I chuckled.

“Okay, sweet boy, we’ll see you there.” Dad and Papi disconnected the call. I put my phone down on the desk.

“Daddy isn’t mad at you,” I stood up with Levi hooked on my hip, “let’s get you dressed before you catch a cold, baby boy.”

“Kay,” Levi said in a small voice, laying his head on my shoulder.

As we walked back to the bedroom, I caressed Levi’s head, leaving a gentle kiss. He took the comfort as he snuggled deeper into my shoulder.

“We have ourselves, two very tired little boys, do you think we should stay home,” I said to Liam while pulling some clothes out of the dresser for Levi.

Our sons Luke and Levi, take after both us. They have my family’s blonde hair – thanks Beth – but Liam’s eyes, Luke is easy and laid back like Liam. Levi is exactly like me – so I am told. He’s very excitable and dramatic, he worries, it’s all or nothing, everything is about now. You can’t always reason with him. To Levi, the future doesn’t exist. It must be a family trait. They are cute as all get out, and we love them within an inch of their life. Nobody was more excited than Liam when they came into this world. He was such a helicopter dad for their first twelve months. Anytime someone held them, he was right there; it drove everyone crazy. He has managed to step back a bit now that they are a little older.

Luke and Levi were born in August just before our twenty-first birthdays, Liam turned twenty-one in September, me in December. I finally relented and agreed to try for a baby before we finished college. I even caved and agreed to have a nanny until we finished school. But every spare moment and some not was spent with our boys. The number of times I attempted to study while feeding or changing a diaper or comforting a fussy little one still amazes me.

We had babies because we wanted them. We spend all of our time together as a family. We don’t have a nanny anymore. The boys rarely ever have a sitter, unless it’s for a work thing either of us can’t get out of. Although they do go to daycare while we are at work. They start school next year, it’s going to suck having to leave them behind. You’d think I’d be used to it, but nope. We like to play with them, teach them, have our meals together, we do everything together.

“No, babe. It’s your birthday, we can’t stay at home. And the boys aren’t tired. Levi woke up like this,” Liam said, giving me Luke in one arm, a quick kiss, then taking Levi and his clothes in the other. Levi fussed while Liam dried him off and dressed him. He lifted him off the bed, then peppered his face with kisses. Levi did that belly laugh that toddlers do, stopping immediately when we heard my brother's boots clomping up the stairs, then coming closer down the hallway.

“Will, Liam, you up here,” came the familiar voice of our little brother Lee. I can’t believe he’s twenty-two years old. Even though he’s a man now, he is still my younger brother, and I always worry about him and what is happening in his life. Lee had forged his own path, our Dads and Liam’s Mom had done a remarkable job to make sure he knew Lee could be himself. That is who he became, a strong, confident man, utterly comfortable in his own skin. He is fantastic, talented, not to mention gorgeous. People adore him.

Muncle,” Levi cried out and wriggled until Liam put him down so he could get to his uncle. Luke just stayed on my hip as we walked out to meet Lee, who now had Levi attached to the front of him and was pretending to munch on his shoulder. Levi put a tiny hand on each side of Lee’s face, “Stop!” Levi said seriously.

Lee just smirked at his nephew. Funny story; when the boys were first learning to talk, Luke had trouble saying ‘Uncle Lee.’ He kept calling him ‘Muncle.’ We worked out that Luke was trying to say ‘My Uncle,’ so ‘Muncle’ stuck and that’s who he is to the kids in the extended family, ‘Muncle.’

“Happy Birthday, Will!” He leaned over and gave me a one-armed hug.

“You squishing me,” Levi called out, reminding us he was still there. Luke giggled from my hip, patting his brother not so gently on the head.

“You guys ready?” Lee asked, then saw Liam and the state he was in and laughed.

“Yeah, let me grab a quick shower.” Liam smirked, then looked down at himself, holding his arms out to the side, “I’m still in my work clothes – and drenched.”

Liam and I both work for the William Sands Foundation full-time now that we have finished college and have our degrees. The Foundation was set up in honor of Liam’s Dad after he passed away. I am the Programs Director, Liam is the Training Director. Our personal offices, of course, are now separate, but we do try and have lunch together a couple of times a week. The Foundation has nearly one hundred and fifty employees now and is growing all the time. I find it hard to keep up with all the names sometimes.

We have a small office in Washington, DC, and a smaller one down in Florida. The Foundation owns twenty-three profitable small businesses across the Capitol and two states. Those businesses employee teenagers from the foster system in the ‘Employment Skills Mentoring Program,’ which was our original program that started the Foundation and SAT Prep courses. We now charge for SAT Prep; anyone can participate when they pay, this funds the SAT Prep courses we run for anyone in the foster system who can use this service for free. That’s how the Foundation works, it has a profit side that funds the non-profit half with many programs tailored for children and young adults in the foster system. There’s a lot to it, and too much red tape and general rules to try and make it as fair as possible. We also have a panel that reviews applications for special admittance to the programs on a case by case basis. There are over nineteen programs in place right now, with three more in the works.

<>-<>-<>

We finally arrived at O’Rourkes Bar and Grill. Paddy owns the bar with his younger by one year, biological brother – Declan. Pat had been through a lot over the years being part of the foster system until being adopted at fifteen by Uncle Ian. When he was in his sophomore year, Declan started at our high school as a freshman. Pat had no idea he had any biological family. He and Declan were babies when their parents were killed in a wreck and were separated. It was a messy and emotional time for both families, but they all came through the other side a little bruised but closer than ever and happy.

After Pat graduated high school, he got his undergrad in culinary arts, Declan did his in business management. By the time Declan graduated college Pat had been working in a restaurant downtown for a couple of years. Pat was frustrated and felt inhibited by the restaurant industry. Paddy is a true artist at heart and liked, needed even, to create; it’s who he is. ‘Peder’s Bar and Grill’ came up for sale, the two boys jumped in with both feet and now run O’Rourkes together. O’Rourke was the surname they were both born with; it seemed the perfect name for their business venture together. From what Dad says – their accountant – they are doing reasonably well. I’m so proud of Paddy; he’s never let his past hinder his future.

Luke and Levi unsnapped their restraints and hopped out of the SUV, waiting for me to grab them. Lee jumped out the back door and picked up Levi. I grabbed Luke and Liam met us at the front of the SUV, sliding his arm around my waist as he leads us through the parking lot to the door. Liam let me go and opened, then held the door for Lee and me. The familiar smell of good food cooking, the jovial sounds of diners, Christmas decorations everywhere, even a little rowdiness in the bar section, with today's hits piping its way throughout gives the place a certain ambiance. An atmosphere I would equate to the excitement felt that leads up to the holidays.

Hey, guys,” Caitlin, Declan’s younger sister is their hostess, she’s working her way through college, and the brothers were only too happy to give her a job. “Everyone’s in your usual section, can’t miss ‘em.” The young woman smiled broadly, “Happy Birthday, Will,” she leaned over and kissed my cheek.

Thanks, Caitlin,” I answered, but I could feel a blush on my face. I hate it when people make a fuss over my birthday. Liam had kicked up a stink and laid down the law, it was my twenty-fifth birthday, and we are celebrating. Our twenty-firsts came and went in the blink of an eye because we were new Dads trying to settle into family life along with college. I’m not complaining, far from it, but according to Liam, this birthday is also a big one, so I gave in to make him happy. We’ve been together eight years, married seven, and it still feels like the first. I would do just about anything to ensure my husband is happy.

Liam was giggling next to me, “What?” I asked him.

He was looking at Lee, “You owe me twenty bucks.”

“Fudge, I’ll get you in a minute,” Lee said with a kid-friendly curse.

“Why?” I asked Liam, frowning, he shook his head at me. So, I narrowed my eyes at Lee. I knew he’d cave; I have perfected that glare since he was fourteen, works every time.

“You’re blushing. Liam bet me if Caitlin kissed you for your birthday, you would blush,” Lee snickered.

“I hate you both.” I moved forward. “Thank you, Caitlin. Join us for a drink when you can,” I told her and left my former husband and former brother to whatever it was they were doing. I could hear them laughing all the way to the bar area – jackasses.

“Grandpapi! Down Papi,” Luke exclaimed excitedly as he jerked around, trying to get free. I looked to my left and saw my Dad and Papi standing with Mom and Mitch. Who, by the way, is getting married soon. Too weird. Mitch was about to become Liam’s step-father; he was once married to my mother – the devil spawn, and Mitch was my step-father? Ugh! It’s so hard to explain our family to others. Most of the time it gives me a headache, but I love each and every one of them. Papi was waving us over, so I put Luke on the floor, and he flew over to his grandparents. I am so thankful for my dads. They have made Liam and my life so much easier. They have supported every decision we have ever made, even when they weren’t happy about it, my dads would suck it up and still be our champions.

I watched until dad had Luke in his arms, then I turned back to the bar to grab us some drinks, “Hey Declan, how’s it going?”

Declan’s head popped up from what he was doing, “Hey, Will,” he said with a grin, “Happy Birthday!” leaning over the bar to give me a quick hug.

“Thanks.”

“Two whites, and a Corona?” he asked, ever the barman.

“Yes, please, and a couple juices for the munchkins, please.” I flicked my head sideways to where Paddy was further down the bar. “How’s he doing?”

Declan shrugged his shoulder. “Okay, I guess, he’s minute to minute,” he said sadly.

“I wish Sasha had gone about everything differently. I understand that she wanted to focus on her career, but to completely turn her back on her family – cruel.”

“Yup, he was good while she kept her distance. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. Well, sort of. But you know what I mean. But in the last six months, she’s popped in a couple of times unannounced to see Pat but never spends any time with Finn. It kills him every time, and we start the process all over again.” Declan sighed, shrugging his shoulder. “I’m keeping my eye on him.”

“Where is Finn?” I asked—cutest two-year-old boy in the world. I can say that because my boys aren’t that age. I still can’t believe that Sasha could leave her baby behind. But then again when she’d become pregnant in college, although untimely she never quite seemed excited to be having a baby. Where, on the other hand, Pat was over the moon.

We both twisted to observe Paddy at the other end of the bar chatting with a patron. The guy was giving Pat a goofy smile. Every couple of seconds, his eyes would lustily stare right into Pat’s. Pat could do worse; the guy is kinda hot. A little too twinkish for my taste but otherwise, hot.

“Uh… Declan? Does he have any idea that guy is flirting with him?” I asked worriedly.

Declan chuckled, “Nope, no clue at all,” he said, shaking his head. “The guy comes in every couple of days, he keeps Pat talking as long as he can manage.”

“Did you tell him?”

“I did the first night. Pat told me I was reading into things and the guy is straight, so I left it. Now it’s just entertaining for me to watch.” Declan laughed.

“He’s straight-up flirting is about as straight as that guy is,” I commented. I relaxed, leaning on the bar with my elbow and settled in for today’s episode.

I felt a warmth settle behind me. “Does Pat know that guy is hitting on him?” Liam asked quietly into my ear.

“Nope,” Declan said, setting our drinks on the bar. I pushed the twenty in front of me over to Declan. He rang up our drinks, giving me the change. The three of us stood, leaning against the bar watching this guy flirt with Pat as he stocked some alcohol bottles while they talked.

“Thanks, brother, Levi’s with Mitch and Mom,” Lee said as he took his waiting beer. He swung his head in the direction we were all silently geared to. “Is that guy flirting with Pat?”

“Yes,” we three answered at the same time, eyes glued to the train wreck. The guy leaned over the bar while saying something quietly to Pat. Pat threw his head back, laughing raucously. He leaned on the bar with his hand as the guy reached out and squeezed Pat’s forearm before he sat back down in his seat with a twinkle in his eye, raising his drink to his lips as he ogled Pat lasciviously.

“Heineken thanks, Dec,” Uncle Adam said, throwing a ten-dollar note on the bar. “What are you… is that guy flirting with Pat?”

“Shh!” the four of us exclaimed, still watching Pat.

Declan opened the display fridge and grabbed out Adam’s beer, flipped off the lid then set it on the bar, his eyes not moving from the show.

“He could do worse,” Adam said, staying to watch his son get hit on.

Pat leaned down on the bar closely, then said something to the guy who was flirting with him. The twink chuckled then held up his glass, indicating he wanted another drink. Pat went about pouring the man another. We all quickly looked in different directions until he’d set the drink down, and they went back to talking. We were captivated by the interaction. How could Paddy not know this guy is flirting with him?

“Hey, babe,” I heard Adam say from behind, then he and Uncle Ian kissed. “Declan, can I get a coke and an apple juice?”

“What are you all look…” Uncle Ian trailed off, Declan grabbed their drinks. “What is wrong with all of you.” Uncle Ian said rhetorically, shoving Finn into Adam’s arms. He then gave each one of us – including his husband – a ‘Gibbs’ as he went by us toward Pat. He discreetly called over to Pat, “Paddy, Son.”

Pat excused himself politely, moving closer to his dad while giving the rest of us a cocked eyebrow as if to say, ‘what are you staring at?’ Ian said something quietly to Pat, they both looked at the flirty customer. We saw the light bulb go on, then Pat waltzed back down the bar to the guy,

“You know I’m straight, right?”

“We’ll see,” the guy winked at Pat, stood up with his drink grinning from ear-to-ear, making his way to who I assume are his friends – raising his glass to us as he sat down with a smirk on his face. Cheeky bastard!

Pat flipped us off lower than the bar top so customers couldn’t see. After we all had a laugh while Uncle Ian admonished us for not helping Pat. Why would he need help? He’s single, he didn’t look upset by it, plus, it was good entertainment. Uncle Ian shuffled us all into the dining area where the family was congregating. More hugs and happy birthday sentiments.

“You’re old now,” Theo said to me with a hug, “Happy Birthday Will!” Derek followed after his husband in greeting. He still runs the shelter and youth center. The housing has expanded and can help more kids. The Foundation has worked in conjunction with him to get the funding to accommodate the remodel. He and Theo are both on the board at the Foundation, continuing to use its services for kids they come into contact with. Not much has changed for them except they try and do more than they are required to. So yeah, nothing has changed.

We sat and relaxed, chatted had a few drinks. A couple of servers came out to the table laying out some starters, chicken wings, tater skins, along with a cheese and fruit platter. God, Pat’s good. I hope he comes and joins us, or I’ll have to force him to anyway. It won’t be the same without him. Pat and I still box two times a week. We don’t do Jiu-Jitsu anymore, although Lee still does. Yeah! You wouldn’t want to go up against him, thinking it would be easy because of his size. He’ll hand your ass back to you on a platter.

He now has his own studio or dojo, whatever the hell they’re called, along with his flower shop. He bought it out and took over from the lady who owned it when he was in high school. He still performs at a competition level for Jiu-Jitsu. He’s one scary mother… Although I think it’s been a while since he competed. He is or was ranked something ridiculously high in competition. He’s been teaching Luke and Levi. It was a nightmare at first because the boys kept trying to fight each other and us. Somehow, Lee finally has them understanding it’s only to be used in defense, not to fight. Thank god, I don’t think my body parts could take much more.

“Happy Birthday, Will!” The Morrison-Ferrige family all sang out at the same time

I turned to Seb, Beau, and their family surrounded by hugs and a lot of talking over the top of each other.

After college, the old man who owned the farm next to us sadly passed away. They bought the property and moved into the old farmhouse while building a new one on the property – a Seb Morrison design. Award-winning, of course. Seb runs his architectural business from the old farmhouse now that they’ve settled into their newly built home. Beau uses the land to grow plants, stuff he can use in his landscape business. He also supplies some of the local nurseries. He also pioneered one of our programs to help get some kids on the straight and narrow with help from Derek. Beau teaches them responsibility, accountability, and gives them respect. He builds them up, encourages them as best he can. It doesn’t always work, but never gives up. He also speaks audibly to everyone, Seb gave him the confidence to do it. They were married last year, and about time. Seb and Beau are still inseparable. Liam and I love having them right next door. Our two families do a lot together, as well as help out when needed. Oh, did I mention they have a son, Brandon, fourteen, and a daughter, Kimberly, who’s nine? Theo came across them after the young boy was caught stealing food for them. They had refused to be separated and ran away from foster care. Seb and Beau jumped at the chance to give them a happy life. I think they’ve been a family for about fifteen months now. It was tough at first, but all of them seem to be settled, and the two young ones have accepted that they aren’t going anywhere.

“Are you coming to my Christmas concert, Uncle Will?”

“I wouldn’t miss it, maestro.” I chuckled, giving him an assuring side hug.

“Awesome!” he grinned at me.

Seb still refuses to acknowledge his parents as they won’t accept Beau. He has not seen or spoken to them since the day Noah was born. His parents tried to reach out when Brandon and Kimberly joined the family, but there were strings attached, so he told them where they could shove their olive branch.

“Uncle Will, is Finn here?” Kimberly asked.

“Uh, he sure is. I saw him over with Muncle, Jason, and Stephen a few minutes ago.” I pointed to where they’d gathered shooting the breeze.

“Cool, Uncle Stephen’s here. Do you know if he brought my guinea pig? He said he would give me one because somebody left them at the clinic.” She said the latter sadly. “Some people are mean.” She frowned.

“They can be, yes. Why don’t you go over and ask Uncle Stephen about it,” I told her when I saw the look of panic on Seb's face and annoyance on Beau’s. It’s fun to annoy your friends. Or get a little payback, shall we say. The wonderful neighbors that we consider family found a litter of abandoned kittens on their property and gave one to Luke and Levi. When Liam asked our boys what they wanted to call the freakin’ bundle of crazy, Luke sneezed. That’s right, we now have a cat named ‘A-choo.’ I mostly just call it, ‘Git.’ Damned thing gets into everything. Nothing is sacred. God forbid you don’t latch the door to the bathroom well enough when your trying to do twos; it breaks in and curls up in the crotch of your pants. I hate that cat.

“Or, I saw your grandparents around here a minute ago too. They headed off with grandpa Mitch chatting about basketball.” I looked around, trying to spot the coaches somewhere. “Well, they were here. I’m sure we’ll find them.”

The Coaches love being grandparents to Brandon and Kimberly. The kids idolize them too. The two big burly men can be found at every music recital for Brandon. The boy has serious talent, and they are at every basketball game for Kimberly. She started playing basketball this school year. Coach Campbell spends a lot of time with her, even Brandon helps her build her skills. She does okay. Let’s face it, the girl is only nine and a little clumsy, but has a real love for the game. I have no doubt Kimberly will come into her own with the amount of hard work she puts into the sport. Plus, she’s freakin’ adorable. I so want a little girl. Shit! Don’t tell Liam I said that.

My phone rang from my pocket, taking me out of my head. “Sorry, guys. I better take this. Get something to drink and eat.” I offered with a smile. Seb slapped me on the shoulder as he moved their family along to mingle.

“Hello, Handsome!” I said quietly, snickering.

“Hey, asshole, it’s me, Kat,” she growled.

“Oh! I thought it was Oliver,” I said in mock sadness.

Kat sighed, “He’s on the road at the moment, he’ll be back tomorrow, then after the holidays, he’s out on the road for three weeks. Endorsement and league promotion crap. I know I shouldn’t complain, but I miss him, Will.”

“I know. How are all my babies, by the way?”

“They’re wonderful, great, yeah, they’re okay. Let’s face it; they can all walk and talk now, so, yeah, a pain in the ass.” Kat chuckled.

“But, you love ‘em.”

“But I love them.” I could hear the smile in her voice.

“When he goes away after the holidays, come visit us and have him meet you here in Kentucky, we’d love to see you all. We miss you guys so much, especially your pies.” I whined to her.

Katherine perked up, “Thanks, Will, we might just do that. I don’t miss living in Kentucky, but I miss the family terribly,” Kat gasped into the phone.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, a little panicky.

“I’m horrible, Happy Birthday, Will! That’s why I called you. Sorry.”

I laughed, “Thanks, it doesn’t matter, I’d rather talk to you than have my birthday anyway.”

Liam sat down heavily next to me, “Who’s that?” he asked me, grinning.

“It’s Kat!”

“Ooh, gimme,” he said, frowning, reaching for the phone and snatching it out of my hands.

“Hey, baby girl,” he said, standing then walking away.

“Bye, Kat,” I yelled, hoping she heard me. Liam spun and waved, laughing at whatever Kat was saying.

Katherine and Oliver – our housemates when we were at school – would stay with us when they come home to visit their families. After we graduated high school, they moved to Louisville for college. When they’re staying with us, they liked to torture Liam. While we are sleeping, they sneak into our room and steal our baby monitor and take our boys in the morning. Oh, they feed them, dress them, Kat then refuses to give them back. Paybacks a bitch, I guess. Their son Noah, had him at the end of our Junior year, and he was about three, I think, when our twins were born. Anywho, he loves the twins, so poor Kat and Ollie were pressured by young Noah for a brother. He now has two younger sisters, which I find hilarious. He was very put out when each pregnancy delivered a ‘stupid girl.’ It was comical when his youngest sister was born, Noah was maaaad. When he found out the baby was a girl, he threw his hands up in the air, “Another stupid girl, what am I gonna do with another girl? I can’t play with a girl. Ew! Gross.” Man, I love that kid. He’s a total comedian.

Ollie had managed a full-ride scholarship to play baseball at college in Louisville. He and his family moved to the city. Ollie went to school, Kat worked to help support them and did some online classes. After Ollie finished college, he went on to play baseball professionally in Atlanta. He then sent Kat to school, and they got a nanny to help with their kids. Katherine is a qualified baker now. She opened her own bakery last year down in Atlanta. Their life together is chaotic between the kids, the bakery, and Ollie’s baseball career, but they seem happy. I couldn’t be happier for them, except I do wish they were local.

“Will, have you seen my daddies?” Riley, Pat’s little sister, asked me.

“No, sweetie,” I said, pulling her onto my lap as I looked around seeking out Uncle Ian or Uncle Adam, “they can’t be far, but you can sit with me until we find them.”

“Thanks, are you having a good birthday? Did you get lots of presents?” she looked up with a cute smile.

“I did, are you having fun tonight?” I asked her, she responded with an affirmative nod.

The kitchen door banged open, getting my and Riley’s attention. Coming toward us is Pat, his Dads, and Lee carrying a massive three-tier cake supported by a board. Except for the colorful design, a bride would be envious. The candles lit up bright, casting a halo around the mountainous cake. As they got closer, Adam started belting out the “Happy Birthday” song; my guests and ALL of the restaurant staff gathered around singing while they carefully placed it on the table in front of me.

Liam stood across the other side of the cake, beaming; he winked at me as he sang. I love my man. When the song came to an end, I blew out the candles, and everyone cheered, clapped, and called out. Lee started cutting up the cake handing it out to the birthday celebrators. He then had a couple of kitchen staff take the cake to cut up and offer other diners in the bar.

Uncle Ian took Riley from me with thanks, so I mingled with the guests. I thanked everyone for coming and participated with an appropriate conversation, all the while praying for the time to pass so I could take my family home. All I want to do is put our babies to bed and snuggle up with my husband. No such luck, I’m afraid. It’s not so bad having everyone come to celebrate my birthday. I kind of feel special that this many people would want to celebrate with me.

“Hey, Mom, are you having a good time?” I asked her.

Mom had a goofy smile, she reached up and pat my cheek, “I am, everyone here together,” she held her arms out to the side, indicating all the people around us. Mom was tipsy, maybe a little more, but I would never say that to her. Mitch stepped back behind Mom; his hand went to his mouth, indicating she’d too much to drink. I closed my eyes for a quick second so I wouldn’t laugh.

Mitch is a riot. Once we settled in at the Foundation, he came out of his shell the more we got to know him. He is genuinely a nice guy with a great sense of humor. He is quite funny, in fact. Mitch has had us in stitches laughing a time or two. The way he tells a simple story could have you chuckling hours after he said it. He’s also very charming. All the girls in the office swoon every time he says ‘hello’ to them.

He had fallen for Mom from the minute they met, he made the real Kitt come alive, she was back to her old self the way she was when married to Liam’s Dad. After his death, she became very stoic, didn’t show a lot of emotion, and very rarely did we see her laugh. I love this version of her, and it made Liam so happy that his mom had come alive again. God, I love my family. My asshat of a mother didn’t know what she had. God, I haven’t thought about her in years. After she was sentenced to more years than I cared to give to shits about, I was glad to be done with her. I don’t even know what prison she’s in. I just hope she stays there. My grandfather died in prison after a couple of years. Apparently, he was quite ill. I’ve never heard from my grandmother and it’s never bothered me, nor have I ever pondered why until right now. Hmm. Weird.

I chuckled at Mitch again. “Okay, I’ll leave you guys to it,” I said then whispered to Mitch, “Good luck with your handful.” Mitch winked at me and guided Mom off somewhere else. I turned on the spot to try and locate Liam but found Jason instead.

“Happy Birthday, Jason,” I hugged him, he squeezed me tight. We share the same birthday, we’re also the same age. Jason took some EMT courses in our final year of school, went to college, studied fire science, and became a firefighter. I’ve got to say hanging out with him and his work friends doesn’t suck. Definitely some good eye candy there.

“You too, buddy,” he pulled back from the hug, then pulled the guy behind him, “This is my friend Hunter, he’s new to the area and just started with us a couple of weeks back. I hope you don’t mind that I brought him with me.”

“Hell no, the more, the merrier if you ask me. You know how much I hate this. The more people here, the less of a focus there is on me.” I laughed. “Hi Hunter, I’m glad you came. Make sure Jason introduces you to everyone,” I said, shaking his hand, “you coming to family brunch on Sunday?”

“Of course, good food, good company, what else do ya need?” he snickered.

“Bring Hunter with you, he’ll get to meet the family without all of this,” I whirled my finger in a circle, “craziness. Make sure you come, we’ll look after you.”

“Uncle Jase,” Luke come smashing into his legs. Jason picked him up, sitting him on his hip.

“You are getting too heavy to be picked up, little buddy. You’re a big boy now.” Little Luke nodded his head, his finger in his mouth while he focused on me.

“Papi, can we go home?” he asked in his cute tired whiney voice.

“Yeah, little man, we can. You stay here with Uncle Jase and his friend, Hunter, and I’ll find Daddy, yeah?”

Yeah!” Luke said as he yawned, resting his head on Jason’s shoulder.

“He’ll be out in about two minutes. You okay with while I find Liam?”

“Yeah, no worries.” Jason smiled.

<>-<>-<>

As I was slipping into bed, Liam sauntered into our bedroom with a yawn. He’s only in his pajama bottoms and no top. That man is sexy as hell. Even after all this time, I still can’t believe he’s mine.

“The boys are finally down,” he said, sliding off his pants, turning the covers back to join me. Once he settled, he reached out and pulled me to him, ending with a kiss. “Did you have fun tonight?”

“Mmm, more than I expected.” I smiled. “You were having a good time too.”

“I did. Thank you for letting me throw you a party.”

I chuckled silently. “It’s not like you gave me much choice. But I did have a good time, so thank you.”

Before I even knew what was happening, Liam had me on my back with him over the top of me. Ninja!

“Hi,” he whispered.

“Hey.” I took in his beautiful face memorizing every detail even though I knew every blemish by heart. Not that there are many, but enough to make him more handsome. “I want to ask you something,” he said, grinding our packages together, eliciting a delighted moan from me.

“You can have anything you want if you keep doing that,” I told him, and he smiled mischievously.

“Awesome,” he said, sliding his hand down between our bodies, grabbing our cocks and stroking them together. “I was thinking, or wondering… God, that feels good,” he moaned, tightening his hand around us slightly.

“Oh, yeah… you were wondering?”

“Yeah, um… how would you feel about having another baby?”

“You wanna talk about this now?” Ngh, hell. “Do that again, babe,” I gasped, so he slid his thumb over my slit, spreading the precum down our shafts.

“No better time,” he said, releasing our cocks. Damn him.

“Why’d you stop?” I lifted my head to look between us.

He grinned cheekily. “I’m going to let you ponder that for a moment.” He dragged himself down over my body until his mouth reached my groin, immediately taking my erection into his mouth.

“Oh my God, that’s so cheating!” I exclaimed as my head fell back into the pillow, and my hands fisted the sheets.

“I know,” he said, licking from my balls to the tip of my cock. Dammit. He then pounced and took me all the way down until the head of my cock hit the back of his throat and moaned. The vibration was too much. Then he sucked me hard and fast until I exploded in his mouth.

“Holy crap!” I panted, swallowing nothing but air trying to calm myself. “That… that was… oh my God! Yes, you can have whatever you want. Anything. Everything. Take it. Do it. Just make sure you do that again in twenty-minutes.”

And he did.

And then we did.

We adopted a baby this time. Well, three actually—three siblings who had no one else in the world but us. Two girls: Bianca, she’s four-years-old, Delaney is two-years-old, and a little boy, Gabe, ten months younger than Delaney. I’m hoping we’re done, but I love Liam, so there’s no telling. But, I’d give him the world if I could, and we all know it.

The End

Hi all, 
As promised, the epilogue. I hope you all enjoy it and is a fitting end to the story. The boys will be around as other stories come up, so they won't totally disappear. Hopefully. They were my first love and I will miss them. I want to thank everyone for reading and all the feedback and wonderful comments over the chapters. Also to all that helped me put the story out, I'll never be able to express my appreciation. Wow, I never thought this would make me as sad as it does to send these wonderful characters off into the world. 
Please stay safe and take care of each other. 
Joh :heart:
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 43
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So sorry to see them go.  I’ve enjoyed this story so much.  Thank you.  I’m looking forward to more of your stories.  
 

(No Benny?  😢)

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

It was great to reconnect with this family again but sad to say bye. I have enjoyed all the mayhem that Will and Liam and all their extended family have allowed us to be a part of. I look forward to a new story hopefully in the near future. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

So glad that we will see these guys in the future.These are the kind of people you like to meet and know. I'm sure while I binged read this I missed a lot looking forward going through this again

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

It is so sad to see it come to an end, but happy to see that they got what they want out of the future. 

😁💓👏👏

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Ok Joh, I know all good things come to an end, eventually. I have loved this story and it’s characters in all of the various offshoots. Thank you for sharing this with us! It was an amazing ride! It ended just as I expected, the guys sharing their hearts with everyone they encountered. 
Thanks again!

Mark

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

What a wonderful adventure to follow their lives over the years. It was a well written story, and look forward to your next creative pursuit. Thanks so much,

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

It has been a lot of fun spending time with Will and Liam, and all their family and friends! You created a terrific group of characters, and I hope you will have another story about their lives sometime.  Thanks.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A great weekend spend reading this story just sad it is over! cant wait to see what story you come up next hopefully we can visit them again in the future 

Edited by mrbossmant
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A good happy ending for the boys. 😀👌

Maybe November Falls and Unexpected will be next?? 🤞🤞🤞 would love me some more Benny 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/6/2020 at 10:58 AM, Clancy59 said:

So sorry to see them go.  I’ve enjoyed this story so much.  Thank you.  I’m looking forward to more of your stories.  
 

(No Benny?  😢)

On 10/6/2020 at 10:58 AM, Clancy59 said:

So sorry to see them go.  I’ve enjoyed this story so much.  Thank you.  I’m looking forward to more of your stories.  
 

(No Benny?  😢)

Really there was no Benny to make this ending complete. Great story. I really hope for a continuance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great story,, love Will and Liam and their family. I already read the story of Ian, Paddy and Adam. Also a great story!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..