Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 5,539 Words
  • 6,550 Views
  • 27 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

William's Love - 37. Chapter 37

The foundation is starting…

 

I was the first one to wake up, we’d all fallen asleep in the living room last night. After ice skating yesterday afternoon we grilled up the burgers and hot dogs, devoured the salad Kat had made. We spent the night watching movies, eating snacks and playing games. It was decided by unanimous vote that we’d all crash in the living room except for Kat and Sasha, who slept in Kat and Ollie’s room. “We don’t rough it,” Kat said, and they disappeared and left us to our “Dick Fest,” as Sasha called it. I walked into the kitchen to start the coffee, but Kat was already in there.

“You’re a God send, I love you,” I said to Kat as I grabbed two mugs from the cupboard and made Liam and I a coffee each.

She smirked at me, “You’re welcome Sweetie, you might want to start waking them up in there. The folks will all start arriving in about thirty minutes.”

“How’d you sleep not having to get up to Noah?” I asked Kat.

“Like the dead, it was wonderful, but I’m still counting the minutes until my baby comes back to me. It makes me anxious that he’s not here. Who knew you could love someone so much,” Kat sighed, “I’m just keeping myself busy until Noah gets here.” Dad and Papi insisted on keeping Noah overnight so Kat and Oliver could have a break and do silly teenager things for a night. She was hesitant at first, but we all convinced her to just have one night to be silly. Kat finally relented “under duress” her words not mine.

“Alright let me grab Liam and a shower, and I’ll be down to give you a hand,” I told her as I walked back into the living room.

Liam was lying on the couch with his face toward the back of it, I woke him, and he sat up to take his coffee from me. I spat my coffee everywhere, Liam jumped off of the lounge to get out of the way.

“What the hell, Babe. Oh! Shit! What happened to your face,” he pointed and laughed really hard.

“My face what about your face?” I said touching my face, with my free hand. It felt silky smooth almost slimy. What the fuck! I pulled my hand away, and it was all peachy and glittering. My gaze moved to the couch where Liam had been laying, and there was makeup smeared over it where Liam had been sleeping.

“Son of a bitch! KATHERINE!!” Liam screamed. The boys, stirred around us from Liam screeching the place down.

DING! DONG!

The doorbell rang. “Of course,” I sighed hanging my head walking toward the front door.

I turned off the alarm, opened the door and unlocked the screen, “Of course it would be you two to witness this!” I let a hysterically laughing Derek and Theo into the house.

“Wow, I see you boys did some experimenting last night.” Theo tried to say seriously as he walked by me. I shut and locked the screen door leaving the front door open to let the fresh air in.

“Coffee’s in the kitchen,” Liam grunted while Derek and Theo continued to laugh as each of the boys rose for the day, “I’m going to kill them, girls,” Liam was surly this morning.

The girls had gotten each and every one of us. Lee looked around, “They better not have used my stuff,” and he ran up the stairs to check his bag. We had each been given the royal hooker make over.

“You look lovely, Oliver,” I said to him, “It suits you, off to work you go, out to the highway and don’t come back with less than a thousand for the day.”

“KATHERINE!! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE NOW!!” Liam screamed again.

DING! DONG! I walked to the door again.

“Settle down Liam, it was just a joke. You’re the last person I thought would be upset by this.” I heard Oliver say.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t usually care but look at the couch Oliver, it’s ruined,” Liam huffed, running his hands through his hair, and Oliver’s face turned pink, I could tell he was upset.

“We’ll pay to have it fixed Liam, come on it was intended to be a joke…” Oliver started to say, but I stopped him.

I let the coaches in without a word and quickly went to calm Liam down. “No you won’t Oliver, it was a prank, which you two started by the way.” I stated with my focus on Liam, “Liam Honey, stop screaming if she’s in her room she can’t hear you, and if she’s hiding, I don’t blame her. Go upstairs and jump in the shower and calm down. I’ll take care of this, maybe Mom will know how to fix it before you go getting yourself all worked up. Come on, Kat didn’t mean for that to happen, she was just getting back at you and Ollie for making her all wet at skating.” I shuffled him to the staircase. Then I turned to Oliver who looked utterly crestfallen, it’s not often Liam gets upset, but he takes meticulous care of his things. “Ollie, don’t be upset, I’m sure it’s fixable, Liam will settle down. Come on now, it's no big deal. Look at it this way she got us all good. And it will be a funny story for down the road.” I smiled at him warmly.

“I’m really sorry, Will. You know…” Ollie tried to talk again.

I chortled, “Don’t Tiffany, it was a prank plain and simple. Liam will calm down and feel horrible for the way he reacted. Why don’t you go have a shower yourself, turn back into Oliver and make sure Kat’s okay. You look darling by the way.” By this time all the boys were up and looking at each other's made up faces and smirking.

The Coaches, Theo and Derek, were standing in the doorway with coffee in their hands giggling.

“Tiffany?” Ollie said tilting his head quizzically.

“Your hooker name princess,” I grinned, and Ollie reciprocated. I could see some of the tension leave his body.

I heard the key in the screen door, and Uncle Ian walked into the living room with Detective Price and stopped dead in their tracks. Uncle Ian was laughing so hard his body buckled, bending over with his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. The detective just smiled and went to the kitchen, saying hello to the four grown children watching the side show unfold.

“Oh my God, Pat… Pat… Patricia, I hope you're not wearing that outfit… With your face done up like that.” Uncle Ian stood up straight for a second holding his stomach trying to catch his breath. “Crap, where’s my phone, I need a photo of this.” Uncle Ian pulled his phone from his pocket, held it up to take a picture. Detective Price returned giving Uncle Ian his coffee while he sipped his own watching Pat cringe in embarrassment. I’ve no idea how the man kept a straight face. Lee returned downstairs and stood next to Pat, trying to work out what he’d missed.

“Don’t you dare Dad,” Pat said seriously, holding up his hand as if it would block the picture. Lee took Pat’s hand and yanked it down and put his arm around Pat and smiled for the camera. FLASH!

“We should all get in on this,” I said, stepping next to Pat putting my arm around his shoulder from the other side, “Come on you lot, might as well enjoy our moment.” I reached over and grabbed Stephen pulling him into the shot as he was the closest to me. Seb, Beau, and Jason all jumped into the photo.

“Come on Oliver, get in here,” Lee said waving his hand at Ollie to join us.

Liam hit the bottom of the stairs, his face all still done up, “Ollie, I’m sorry… Oh! Shit!” Liam said as he tried to get back up the stairs.

We all yelled, “NO!”

“You get your ass in this photo with us, this is half your fault.” Oliver laughed. Thankfully Ollie wasn’t upset by Liam’s reaction anymore. Liam’s shoulders dropped, and he walked over knelt down in front with Oliver and the rest of us behind. Next thing you know all of the adults were standing with Uncle Ian with their phones out to take a photo.

“Say Hookers!” Coach called out.

“HOOKERS!” We yelled laughing. And we were all blinded by the numerous flashes. Then we all relaxed for a second and heard,

“Oh crap! What did we miss?” Papi said sticking his head over Uncle Ian’s shoulder. Mom was standing to the side with Noah in her arms giggling. Dad standing beside her as the pack mule holding all of the baby gear, laughing his ass off.

“What the hell happened here?” Dad laughed.

“KAT!” We said in unison.

“This is the result of messing with Katherine, me and Oliver started it, Kat finished it, I’d say she’s clearly the winner,” Liam said smiling. I knew he would calm down. Liam pulled Ollie aside and was hopefully apologizing to him. By the smile on Oliver’s face, I’d say that’s what’s happening, that or they’re coming up with a way to get back at Kat. Hopefully, it’s the former. Mom laughed out loud and left the room with Noah to find Katherine, I assume.

DING! DONG!

“Hey Ollie, it’s your turn to answer the door, my shift as the receptionist to this whore house ended five minutes ago,” I laughed knowing it was his parents at the door.

“Crap!” He mumbled slowly making his way to the door.

“Come on Princess Glitter Jock let’s go get cleaned up,” I took Liam’s hand and pulled him upstairs. Liam looked at me laughing wiggling his eyebrows as I pulled him along.

“Race ya!” Liam laughed bounding forward up the stairs, just about dragging me with him.

<>-<>-<>

“Why so serious Dad?” I asked sitting at his breakfast table. He’d called earlier for Liam and me to come over. Hang on I said that wrong, we were summoned and given no choice. The immediate family was there, Dad, Papi, Mom, Lee and the two of us. Cash and C.C. were curled up in the living room somewhere asleep. I felt something climbing up my leg, what the?

“Um, there’s a gray furball climbing up my leg,” I said leaning back looking down at blue eyes and a fluffy ball of gray fur, “What the hell is that?”

Lee got up from his seat and picked her up, “Don’t be mean she’s just a kitten, this is Pickles,” he said kissing her head and laying her in his arms like a baby while he rubbed her belly. She purred her contentment loudly like a freight train, “Isn’t she beautiful, Mom got her for me, say hello to Uncle Will and Uncle Liam,” Lee cooed and kissed her head again.

“Hello Pickles,” Liam said taking the kitten from Lee, “You’re a pretty little girl aren’t you, yes you are.”

“Dear God, Liam you’ll love anything that’s tiny won’t you,” I chortled.

Liam looked at me and blinked, “It’s certainly what I love about your…” he stopped himself and looked around the table, cleared his throat, “What were you saying, Dad?” Liam smirked. I smacked him on the arm, he’ll pay for that later.

“I’ve looked into the Café, I think it would be a sound investment. We could run it as it is, and make money. There is room for improvement, and where it is situated, if one of the shops either side closes down we could expand or turn it into a bakery as well or caterer or just leave it as it is. We can decide when the situation presents itself.”

“That’s great Dad, what happens next,” I asked this is so exciting, I looked at Liam, and he had a big smile on his face.

“I’ve spoken with the broker, she is going to meet us there tomorrow at three when the café is slower, so we can have a proper look around and ask any questions regarding the business we want to be answered. We’ll then put in an offer, and see what happens.” Dad shrugged.

“Great, can we go to see it as well?” Liam asked.

“This is the start of the family foundation, our first business. Decisions will be discussed and decided on together. All the paperwork is ready to go to Cal while he’s here to start setting it up, we just need a name.” Dad said.

“I have a couple if you're interested,” I said raising my hand up like it’s class.

“Put your hand down Will,” Dad laughed, “Go ahead, shoot,”

“Okay, my first idea was to try and meld our three last names together, like, “Blu Sanderland,” or something like that, but I couldn’t come up with anything outstanding. But what about if we go with “William Sands Memorial Foundation.” Or simply “William Sands Foundation,” name it after someone we love, who without, our dream wouldn’t be possible.”

“I think that’s a wonderful idea Will, thank you,” Mom said, and a tear fell.

Liam pulled me into his side, kissing my temple, “Thank you, Babe,”

Dad asked Papi and Lee, “You okay with the name?”

“Absolutely, it’s perfect,” Papi said.

“I like it,” Lee piped up.

“Well that was easy, okay next order of business,” Dad laughed, “There is a minimum of three directors, which will be the three of us grown up, as each one of you turn eighteen you’ll become a director. However, everything will still be decided by the six of us together. Which brings us to the next thing on the list.”

“Wow, this is going to be complicated, isn’t it?” Lee said.

“It’s only going to get a worse buddy if ever you don’t understand anything ask questions okay. We’ll all be patient, we don’t expect you to understand everything. Same goes for the two of you,” Papi said to Liam and me. We both nodded.

“Alright, this next part is also to do with your personal finances.” Dad took a deep breath, “I’ve decided to use my trust fund, finally. It’s just sitting there growing because I’ve always refused to touch it. I am going to match what Liam received from his settlements and add it to your trust, I will give the same amount to Lee, and set him up similarly to yours. I’ll also put away money for his wedding if he ever chooses to do so or it will be released to him when he’s thirty. A car when you get your license and money for college through to doctorate held separately in trust for you Lee, as well as a weekly stipend and quarterly lump sum. Which won’t be as much as these guys get, but will increase with your age until your twenty-five, just like these two lug heads.”

“Dad that’s not necessary, Will and I have enough,” Liam argued.

“Yes you do, but you three are all on an even keel now, and this one here shouldn’t give you a hard time about money anymore,” Dad chuckled.

“I’m not that bad,” I squeaked then cleared my throat.

“Yes you are,” Dad and Liam said at the same time then fist bumped. Assholes!

“Um… Thank you Dad,” I said sheepishly.

“Lee we’ll talk later about the responsibility of having money, okay?” Dad told him gently.

“Okay Dad,” Lee mumbled concentrating on his kitten. He didn’t look happy, at all. He actually looks how I felt when Dad and Liam told me his money was being put in both of our names.

“With that out of the way, The William Sands Foundation will start out with twelve million dollars, that’s two from each of us, anything we do for the foundation will require receipts. Make sure you keep them and get them to me. It also means we can afford to hire a full salaried person to start setting up for the SAT prep course program and a full-time salaried person to help Bill. Bill will also receive a salary from the foundation as all his consulting will be for the foundation from now on. Job title pending. So congratulations on your new job Honey,” Dad leaned over and kissed Bill in congratulations. We all smiled and congratulated Bill.

“Our next employee is Mrs. Kathleen Sands, your Mom is giving up her agency jobs and is now the Executive PR person, the title also pending,” Dad laughed as Mom smiled. We congratulated Mom. That’s awesome, I can’t believe everything is starting to come together. I took Liam’s hand and kept it in my lap, needing his comfort. He leaned into me and kissed me gently. “Love you, Babe,” he whispered in my ear. I rested my head against him for a second.

“You're up Mom, what’s your first order of business?” Dad smiled.

“It’s to fill the position of Bill’s assistant or helper, I don’t quite know how to word it, but we’ll go with your title pending.” Mom chuckled, “As you all know Seb, hates his job and is going back to college with you next year. We can match the salary they’ve offered him, Seb will be full-time, and once you all go to college, he can work part-time at the same salary but at a pro-rata amount. Does everyone agree?”

“Yep,” Dad agreed.

“Of course,” Papi’s yes.

“Sounds good to me,” I said

“He’d be great,” Liam nodded his head.

“What’s pro-rata mean?” Poor Lee screwed up his face.

“It means, he’ll get the same hourly rate as if he were full-time but only paid for the hours he actually works.” Mom informed Lee.

“Oh, well that makes sense, so yes I agree too, I love Seb,” Lee said smiling as he stroked his feline friend.

“Great, second thing, we’ve decided the dress code when representing the foundation, especially in these early stages, are suits.” Mom said as a matter of order from the queen. Lee, Liam and I all groaned. Mom just ignored us and soldiered on, “The five of you are going down to the tailors, you have an appointment tomorrow morning at nine am, your Dad’s will pick you up on the way.” All five of us groaned. “Oh behave yourselves, you’re only getting measured, I’ll take care of everything else. Will and Liam, you need to buy one off of the rack tomorrow.It will be altered, and you’ll be able to pick it up before you look at the shop and you WILL wear it. You also have the PTA meeting for Stephen, tomorrow night and you’ll be dressed correctly. I want you to take your old suits down for Stephen and Jason, so they will look nice. They should fit them well enough.” Mom said.

“Oh Mom, I will be late to the fitting, I have to pick Jason up and take him to Ms. Temple’s office. He has to be there at nine.” I told her.

“Nope go with your Dad’s, I’ll make sure Jason gets there on time. Then I’ll meet you boys down at the tailor’s,” Mom said.

“Is that it?” Papi asked.

“One last thing, your Dad, has resigned from his job, he is officially the Foundations accountant. We have, however, retained his old company as our accounting firm. I think that’s about it for now. Once Cal has the paperwork, and we are legal we’ll throw ourselves a little get to know you party introducing ourselves. But that can wait, we need some of the programs ready to roll so we can blow our own horns.” Mom laughed.

We congratulated Dad, Bill, and Mom and thanked them for everything.

“Um… Dad, can I talk to you about the money?” I asked following him out of the room.

“Nope, it’s happening Will, find a way to deal with it,” Dad said walking to his office.

“But Dad…” I pleaded.

Dad turned and faced me, it happened so quickly, he scared me, “Will, the money isn’t even close to what your mother stole from you,” Dad said between his clenched teeth his face red with anger.

I hung my head, “I didn’t mean to make you angry, I just know how much you didn’t want to touch your trust fund. I don’t need it.” I murmured.

Dad grabbed me pulling into his arms, hugging me then released me, “I didn’t do it because of your Mother. Honestly, I was just stubborn not touching it. I’m just distributing it now instead of when I leave this world. There’s still plenty left for Bill and me. Plus we’re using it for a good cause, can’t complain about that now can we.”

“No I suppose not,” I smiled at Dad, “Thank you,”

<>-<>-<>

Monday disappeared with the blink of an eye, it felt surreal. We were at the tailor’s before the coffee kicked in, then moved on from there over to the shelter to drop our old suits off to Jason and Stephen. Jason wanted to go to the PTA meeting to support Stephen, the two of them have become good friends. We left there, and Papi took us to see some office space with a broker.

After speaking with Derek, when he apologized, he’d told us he’d have to renovate to run the courses at the youth center. If we were going to renovate at the shelter, we’d rather it be for more spaces for kids than to give them a training room. We’ll still raise the money for them to add space but it would have to wait for now. Papi suggested we find office space with enough to cover a couple of training rooms and a place for them to work, so we looked professional. We could use the training rooms for the SAT prep courses, or train our own staff, even hire the rooms out to companies who needed to use training rooms or conference space, earning money back into the foundation.

They dragged us to three different locations, the first one was way too small. The second was in a nice building, on the third floor, the lease was for the entire third floor. The previous tenants had left their offices and workplace setup when they vacated. It had a small reception, offices, a couple of small meeting rooms, a conference room and two training rooms about the size of a regular class room, restrooms, decent size kitchenette, and some floor space for other staff as we grew. It was perfect. The third building was just as good on space as the second, but the building was run down and in a dodgy part of town. We all agreed on the second place we saw. Dad and Papi spoke with the broker, and they would sign the paperwork next Monday.

We went back to the tailor’s, picked up the off the rack altered suits and then Dad dropped us off at home to change, and we made our way to the café separately. We looked like the junior mafia walking into the café. We were shown around, and we all asked a few questions, the age of the equipment, are any of the pastries and cakes made on site, how many of the staff was willing to stay if we bought the business and what their skill level and experience are. How long since the menu had been updated, standard questions. Although the equipment was aged a little, it had regularly been serviced, and in full working order. The tables and chairs were older and scuffed as well as cheap and would probably have to be replaced.

Papi told the broker we’d think it over and be in touch. We all talked as we walked back to our vehicles. I heard Lee gasp as we walked past a florist shop. I looked in the window and could see his face longing for something in that window. Or maybe he was checking himself out.

“Baby, you go to the truck, and I’ll see what has Lee’s attention in the flower shop. Could you mention replacing the seating to the folks, it looked ratty to me.”

Liam kissed me quickly, smiled and said, “Sure thing Honey, I’ll let them know we’ll bring Lee home.

“Hey Lee,” I called him over, “did you want to go in?”

Lee shook his head, and his cute little face turned pink.

“Well I’m going in, did you want to come with me?” I asked him.

“Oh, okay,” he agreed shyly.

We walked through the door, Lee instantly became this over eager, bouncing Jack Russell. He was talking a mile a minute about this flower or that flower, what goes well with what. I stood grinning at him, he was definitely over stimulated.

“Who are you buying flowers for Will?” Lee asked. No-one.

“I thought I’d get something for Mom and Kat, maybe Liam.” I shrugged my shoulder.

“Dad put some of my allowance in my account this morning, do you think he’d be upset if I bought them flowers and Mom as well?” Lee asked nervously biting his lip.

“No, not if you keep it reasonable, I don’t think so,” I answered with a warm smile.

“Goody, I know just what to get them,” Lee bounced on his toes clapping his hands together quickly, it made me chuckle. He’s such a sweetheart. I pulled him into a sideways hug and kissed the top of his head.

“I love you, little brother,” I said to him.

“I love you too, come on let’s get some flowers,” he dragged me to the counter.

A lady came out from the back, and Lee excitedly told the woman behind the counter what he wanted and how he wanted the flowers done up. I could see the amusement along with the frustration in her face. She obviously knew her job and didn’t like to be told how to do it, but found his enthusiasm amusing.

“You know young man, I’m looking for a part-time worker, after school and on weekends would you be interested?” She beamed at him.

“I… don’t… know,” Lee looked at me worried, chewing his lip again, “I don’t usually dress like this, we had a business meeting. Would I have to wear a suit every day? I usually wear weird clothes, people make fun of me.”

“Show me a picture, I bet it’s not as bad as you think?” The woman chuckled.

Lee looked up at me for help, he was thrown out of his comfort zone by this woman. I pulled up a photo of him from our trip to DC and showed the lady. She waved her hand in the air.

“That’s not weird, I love it, you look cool and rebellious.” She said chuckling, “You’re not rebellious are you?” She said seriously.

Lee shook his head, “My Dad’s would kill me if I was rude or disrespectful.”

“Lee, did you want to work here?” I asked gently.

“Are you kidding Will, it would be so awesome, look at all the flowers. The greens and leaves, I’d love it.” He said quickly. The woman smiled behind the counter.

“If you’re not too busy, my Dad’s could talk with you now about it. They’re just a few doors down,” I said to the lady.

“No time like the present.” She said.

“Actually wait for a second Will, we need to finish getting our flowers first.” I smiled at him, I love my brother he is so adorable. We finished our purchases and asked for them to be delivered tomorrow. The lady had us write on the cards to go with them and assured us they would be sent out in the morning. I text our Dad’s, and they walked into the shop two minutes later. Lee was hopping all around them explaining why they were called down to the store. Dad and Papi introduced themselves to the lady, and I left them to it.

“I’m going to go, Liam and I are taking Jason and Stephen for a bite to eat before the meeting, we’ll see you there, yeah?” I asked.

“Yep, make sure you boys aren’t late, Stephens future is on the line,” Dad warned me.

“I know, we’ll be there,” I gave them both a hug and wished Lee good luck.

<>-<>-<>

As we walked out of the PTA meeting, Liam and I both got texts from Lee.


From: Lee
Message: Dad and Papi are letting me take the job as long as my grades stay up. Yay! I start tomorrow, I’m so excited. My new boss lady is so much fun, I can’t wait. Thank you, Will, best big brother ever. XX

To: Lee
Message: Congratulations Spud!! XX


Stephen was so nervous I could see him visibly shaking, in his boots. The four of us were asked to wait outside while they made their decision. Kids weren’t usually permitted in the meetings at all, but these were exceptional circumstances, and they’d requested to hear from Liam and his Mom. All of the adults from the extended family were here, including Detective Price – again. He seems to be Uncle Ian’s plus one for everything these days including family dinner night, and brunch on the weekends. I think they’re just friends, I hope so because Tracy told me he was straight.

“Stephen, buddy, sit down and breathe, we can see you shaking. I know it was horrible what some of those people said. I know we need their help right now, but in the grand scheme of things, their opinion of you means nothing. We’ve gotten to know you better, you’re a good guy, who lived in shitty circumstances. No matter what happens, we won’t turn our back on you. We’ll just have to find another way to help get you where you need to be.” Liam said as he sat down next to Stephen who was taking deep breaths trying to calm down.

“No one seemed overly impressed with the mouthy bitch and her opinions, so I don’t really think she did any damage,” Jason said.

“That was my Mom,” Stephen said so quietly, we almost didn’t hear him.

“WHAT?” The three of us yelled.

“Thank fuck you’re got away from her Stephen,” Liam said, getting fired up.

“Firstly, language Liam, and secondly don’t go making his situation worse giving her what for, Stephen’s not under her roof anymore she can’t do anything to him, calm down Babe,” I stated firmly, we all stood around silently waiting for the meeting to end. Jason had paced a little before he turned to us.

“Here they all come,” Jason said. We gathered around the seat where Liam and Stephen sat.

We watched most of the parents tear out of the library to get to their cars. Most didn’t even look in our direction, except for Stephen’s mother, who marched toward where we were. Without thinking Liam, Jason and I stood in front of Stephen so she couldn’t get to him. As she went to open her foul mouth, Detective Price stood behind her.

“Mrs. Carter, I suggest you close your mouth and walk away, I’ve seen and heard enough from you tonight. Stephen will be applying for a restraining order tomorrow, I suggest you move along.” He said his voice a deep timbre. He’s still gorgeous as ever and that voice, no wonder Uncle Ian has him around.

Mrs. Carter moved along huffing, puffing, and mumbling incoherently. We turned around, and Stephen was visibly upset and affected by what she’d said. Jason gathered him up in his arms holding him tight, letting him get it all out. All of the adults belonging to us came over. Jason released Stephen so he could talk with our Principal, Ms. Temple.

Ms. Temple smiled, “Well Stephen, you did a good job, you kept a cool head, answered their questions honestly. That is why they’ve agreed to let you come back to school. The superintendent was there also, I didn’t want you to be too nervous, so I kept it to myself. The good news is we don’t have to take it to the school board. He has agreed with all the stipulations, the probation, grades and for you to complete summer school. You’ll be able to continue your senior year with these other yahoo’s.” Ms. Temple laughed, “Congratulations, and remember, we are all here for you. Lean on us and use us all for support. We want you to succeed, the rest is up to you. Goodnight everyone, see you tomorrow, Stephen.”

“Thank you Maam,” Stephen said quietly, “I think I’m going to be sick, I can’t believe this is happening. I have my life back.” Poor Stephen looked dazed and confused, as well as a little green.


From: Seb
Message: Will, please come to the following address asap, 21476 Elm Street bring Liam. Odie’s been beaten, need help, desperate. I don’t know what to do.


 

 

Thank you for reading, somebody special arrives in the next Chapter, although I hope you enjoyed this one. It's exciting seeing the foundation start to come to life.
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 56
  • Love 6
  • Wow 5
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



I think this has been a truly eventful chapter, I'm glad that that the foundation is moving forward now. I think the decision by Will's dad to finally touch his trust fund was a hard one to make but he has done it for a good reason. I know Will has a hard time accepting the money, but when his dad said that he put some in Will's trust and some in the trust for the foundation. I think the name they came up with for the foundation was a great decision on everyone's part and the fact that everyone agreed to it without any discussion speaks volumes for the type of man Liam's dad was. I hope that Stephen does real well going back to school, and I believe that the restraining order is long overdue against his mother. I hope that Odie will be alright and his injuries from the beating aren't that severe. I can't wait to read more. Love the story and the direction that it's taking with all of the characters taking their places within the story. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

All of you authors just love your cliffies! (I had to think to remember who Odie was, we haven’t heard about him in a long time! With an address like that, it must really be way out in the country!)  ;-)

 

 

Mrs Carter? Sounds like she’s the mother of the puppies more than Stephen! Was that intentional?

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment

False story princess glitter jock was my nickname in hs. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! Ian got blackmail. Pickles sounds so adorable!!!!

Happy for Stephen and the other boys. But the cliffhanger:,(

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

OMG!! Please let Odie be ok!! Great chapter...love the organizing of the Foundation and the name...glad Stephen is being accepted and probably shown the most love and acceptance he's ever known...it's back to school for him..yayyyy!! Watching what's happening with Uncle Ian and The "Price" Is Right...can't wait!!! Love it...and the spin offs,,:2thumbs::heart:

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

"Lee looked around, "They better not have used my stuff,' and he ran up the stairs to check his bag."  That cracked me up!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I continue to be amazed at the foundation you have had Will and Liam create! I have to ask if you have experience with charitable foundations, or are you a clever researcher? And where did you get the ideas for the SAT class and work experience for the shelter kids? All are pretty impressive. It is no surprise seeing Will and company take Stephen under their collective wing. Another great chapter, but I am drawing a blank on Odie. I'll need to scan back through earlier chapters. Thanks.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, JeffreyL said:

I continue to be amazed at the foundation you have had Will and Liam create! I have to ask if you have experience with charitable foundations, or are you a clever researcher? And where did you get the ideas for the SAT class and work experience for the shelter kids? All are pretty impressive. It is no surprise seeing Will and company take Stephen under their collective wing. Another great chapter, but I am drawing a blank on Odie. I'll need to scan back through earlier chapters. Thanks.

Go to the Seb and Beau side story

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I was waiting for the shoe to drop with Odie. Excellent chapter. Gnashing at my knuckles for the next one. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

Go to the Seb and Beau side story

That big slap you heard a bit ago was me slapping myself upside the head. How could I have forgotten Odie. He made a brief, but great, appearance. Thanks for the tip.It saved a bunch of searching.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Butcher56 said:

I think this has been a truly eventful chapter, I'm glad that that the foundation is moving forward now. I think the decision by Will's dad to finally touch his trust fund was a hard one to make but he has done it for a good reason. I know Will has a hard time accepting the money, but when his dad said that he put some in Will's trust and some in the trust for the foundation. I think the name they came up with for the foundation was a great decision on everyone's part and the fact that everyone agreed to it without any discussion speaks volumes for the type of man Liam's dad was. I hope that Stephen does real well going back to school, and I believe that the restraining order is long overdue against his mother. I hope that Odie will be alright and his injuries from the beating aren't that severe. I can't wait to read more. Love the story and the direction that it's taking with all of the characters taking their places within the story. 

 

Thanks @Butcher56 it's nice to hear, I sometimes worry about people not liking the direction of the story.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, droughtquake said:

All of you authors just love your cliffies! (I had to think to remember who Odie was, we haven’t heard about him in a long time! With an address like that, it must really be way out in the country!)  ;-)

 

 

Mrs Carter? Sounds like she’s the mother of the puppies more than Stephen! Was that intentional?

 

No not intentional even though she seems like a bit of a dog herself. You don't sound happy today, would you like me to let someone's tires down for you. Would that help?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

False story princess glitter jock was my nickname in hs. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! Ian got blackmail. Pickles sounds so adorable!!!!

Happy for Stephen and the other boys. But the cliffhanger:,(

 


False story or not, there might be some truth to your story?? Huh?? Pickles is adorable, but if the real Pickles doesn't stop knocking my stuff off of my desk to get my attention and stealing bacon I will bury him alive. :evil:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Onim said:

OMG!! Please let Odie be ok!! Great chapter...love the organizing of the Foundation and the name...glad Stephen is being accepted and probably shown the most love and acceptance he's ever known...it's back to school for him..yayyyy!! Watching what's happening with Uncle Ian and The "Price" Is Right...can't wait!!! Love it...and the spin offs,,:2thumbs::heart:

 

Absolutely love the detective's nickname, Mom laughed so hard over it when I told her what you called him. I know Will's been helping Stephen, but he's still standoffish with him, I'm hoping he'll come around eventually. And Odie, I guess we'll see what happens.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Geemeedee said:

"Lee looked around, "They better not have used my stuff,' and he ran up the stairs to check his bag."  That cracked me up!

 

He's very cute and sweet, he's like a teenage Benny. I love him and they way he adores his new family.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, glennish said:

Thanks for the great chapter.  I thought Katherine was going to stay out of the pranking.  She threw her hat in and is now fair game.  She didn't steal any of @Wesley8890 mascara for the make over did she?

 

4 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Wait I knew I was missing something this morning

 

You both crack me up, thank you for the laugh. And well Kat, just couldn't help herself could she.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

I continue to be amazed at the foundation you have had Will and Liam create! I have to ask if you have experience with charitable foundations, or are you a clever researcher? And where did you get the ideas for the SAT class and work experience for the shelter kids? All are pretty impressive. It is no surprise seeing Will and company take Stephen under their collective wing. Another great chapter, but I am drawing a blank on Odie. I'll need to scan back through earlier chapters. Thanks.

 

Nope it's all in my head, it's what I would do if I had Will and Liam's type of resources. I'm a spoilt brat, and it breaks my heart what these kids go through. They are so strong, even if they don't realize it. I was a bullied kid at school, it's as close as I've come to anything they've ever experienced. It makes me feel selfish whining about it, with what some of these kids have had to endure. Ninety percent of these kids are living somebody else's consequences and it makes me angry. Every kid should be loved and cared for, no matter the circumstances. forvbggggggggggggfcdvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv see @Wesley8890 this is a message from Pickles to you.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Go to the Seb and Beau side story

 

Thanks, I should have explained, especially since he hasn't appeared in this story. It's all a jumbled mess in my head. I really do need a housekeeper up there. I'll try and do better in the future.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
53 minutes ago, TasteofHome said:

I was waiting for the shoe to drop with Odie. Excellent chapter. Gnashing at my knuckles for the next one. 

 

Sorry about the Odie drop in, I'll make sure that I change the beginning of the next chapter and slide in who he is. How are you going to knock on someone's door if you gnaw away your knuckles. You're screwed if they don't have a doorbell. Stop that, I'll try to not keep you too long.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, JeffreyL said:

That big slap you heard a bit ago was me slapping myself upside the head. How could I have forgotten Odie. He made a brief, but great, appearance. Thanks for the tip.It saved a bunch of searching.

 

Sorry Jeffrey, my fault, I'll try and make sure it doesn't happen again.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

How could anybody NOT like this story.  You show such love, tenderness, and compassion as well as grit, determination, and savvy.  All of the characters are so real, you can see, feel, and relate to these awesome people.

Kudo's to you and please hurry with the next chapter

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Bndmetl, geat job as always. The make up was the prank of all pranks to date, and poor Ollie being made the designated street whore was hilarious. Pat being his shy self with Ian snapping picture got a good laugh out of me. Then we have Pickles, my god the name alone made me laugh, only Lee could pull that one off. Keep up the awesome work... Rob

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Entertaining chapter.  Lot of good, with the foundation getting running, Lee finding a job he looks like he'll enjoy, and getting Stephen reinstated.  I have no idea who Odie is (haven't read any of the side pieces though), but I guess more light will be shed on that next chapter.  Looking forward to the next!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On ‎5‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, TIMMIGON said:

How could anybody NOT like this story.  You show such love, tenderness, and compassion as well as grit, determination, and savvy.  All of the characters are so real, you can see, feel, and relate to these awesome people.

Kudo's to you and please hurry with the next chapter

 

Thanks Timmigon, sorry about the delayed reply, my internet is playing up yet again. We can go hours or days without it, and get a couple of minutes here and there where it works. :*). It's a pity some of this story can't be real life. I'll try and get the next posted asap.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..