Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 4,982 Words
  • 5,945 Views
  • 30 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

William's Love - 33. Chapter 33

Liam’s gone – Day 1.

 

Liam left this morning for California, my heart went with him. Thank God, for Skype and a half decent internet connection. We’ve never been apart for a whole week before, I’m sure there’s a pool going to see how long I last before I fly out there. I wonder if I can get in on that? I let myself into Dad’s place, we are supposed to talk about the new lawyer, the FBI interview because they were dragging their feet and I still haven’t spoken to Liam about building him a studio. So I guess that’s off of the agenda.

Dad’s office door was closed, so I knocked, I heard him grunt, so I opened the door. Holy crap! The sight is going to put my therapist's kid through college. There was Papi, chockablock up Dad, bent over the desk. I quickly backed out at the speed of light flinging the door shut behind me. I stood here stunned, scarred and shocked not knowing what to do first. To make it worse, I don’t think they knew I was even in the room because I got to hear the finale. Yuck! Parents don’t have sex, period. And don’t lecture me or I’ll get you to imagine your parents going at. Yeah! See! Gross!

After a minute, Dad came out of his office and saw me. “Hey Son, I thought I heard someone out here, you want to come into the office?” Dad was trying to pretend nothing had happened.

“Uh… No… No… For the love of God, No… What I want is to go home take three showers, bleach my eyes AND ears, then sit and have a nice long chat with my therapist…” I broke off and turned toward the front door.

Papi came out of Dad’s office grinning from ear-to-ear, “Oh hey Will, learn anything?” he said flippantly and slapped me on the shoulder passing by me toward the kitchen. I looked at Dad, my eyebrows raised and he burst into nervous laughter.

“I think I’ll go to California,” I mumbled and continued my way out. I heard Papi let out a victorious “Yes!” from the kitchen. I guarantee they're all betting on when I’ll cave.

When I got home, Kat was doing laps of the living room with Noah in her arms trying to lull him to sleep. “Are you okay Will?” she asked me concerned.

“NO!” I lowered my voice, “Sorry. No, I’m not, I walked in on Papi and Dad fucking,”

“Language, Will, don’t you mean having sex,” she berated me protecting her son ears from my tongue.

“Oh trust me, it was the other thing, I’m going to have a shower.” My whole body shuddered in remembrance. It’s gonna take a while to forget I had just witnessed.

<>-<>-<>

When I got out of the shower, I checked my phone, and there was a message from Papi.

From: Papi

Message: Do you need a ride to the airport? I can drop you off if you like?

To: Papi, Dad

Message: No I don’t thank you. I’m not going, I know you all have a bet of when I’ll cave and go to Liam. I won’t give you the satisfaction.

From: Dad

Message: We would never do such a thing

From: Papi

Message: Damn it!

I freaking bet Liam is in on this bet. I’ll find out when his estimate is. I grabbed my keys wallet, and phone and went back downstairs. Kat was in the kitchen, putting cookies in the oven.

“Man, please live with us forever Kat,” I said as I stole a cookie she had cooling on the bench. “Ow, ah, hot, hot,” I said tossing it from one hand to the other.

“Serves you right, where are you off to?” She asked.

“I’m going to see Derek and talk to him about Mr. Davenport we met at the gallery and take the dogs so they can get the extra attention they love from the kids at the shelter,” I explained.

“I’m begging you take Ollie and Lee with you, they’re both bored and underfoot. I just sent them out to play some basketball or wash the cars, I don’t care as long as they aren’t in here in the way while I try and bake.” Kat sighed.

Laughing my reply, “Sure,” I moved around to her and gave her a hug, “Will you make me a low-fat cheesecake.”

“Fine, just take those two brats with you,” Kat chuckled.

Opening the back door to leave, I turned back to Kat, “So when do you have on this bet I’ll go to California?”

“Hmmm, what? I don’t know what you're talking about,” She turned her back to me trying to hide her smile, checking on the cookie tray she just put in the oven.

I whistled out as I walked to my truck, Cash and C.C. were on me in a second. “Hey, boys,” I called out, to Lee and Oliver, “Move your ass, we’re going out,” I opened the tailgate of the truck, and the furbabies jumped in, and I secured the pups. The boys hopped in the truck. Ollie was in the passenger seat, and Lee was in the back belted up.

“Hey Will, I transferred the cd’s you got me onto my phone can we listen to it,” Lee asked.

“Yeah, just Bluetooth it like last time,” I said the volume was down low so what could it hurt.

Gimme Head baby
Gimme head like you did just last night,
ah ah ah

When the first three lines were spoken, I wasn’t sure if I heard it correctly, so I turned it up louder.


You got me steamin at a hundred degrees
Each time I see you I grow weak at the knees
You sink me under, bring me undone
With words you said, words you said
but best of all, all those you gimme head
You gimme head
You gimme head
You gimme head

I turned the music down for a second, “What the hell, Lee, is this what we got you? Has Mom listened to this, she’s gonna kill me.” I chortled.

“Oh don’t be a prude Will, it’s just a song. And “NO!” Mom hasn’t heard this, I’m not stupid,” he said laughing.

“Yeah Will, don’t be a prude,” Ollie said in a high pitched voice and turned the volume up high and opened the window for the whole world to hear, dancing with the music and singing the chorus loudly with Lee.

You gimme scratch marks down the length of my back (Owww!!)
You gimme teeth marks in the side my neck
You whisper sweet things, gimme beatings
You wreck my bed (wreck my bed)
but best of all, I love, you gimme head
You gimme head
You gimme head
You gimme head

So
Ah say you'll never leave me
And promise me you'll stay
'Cos now that I'm in heaven don't slip away ow!

I like it

You got me steamin' at a hundred degrees (one hundred
)

“Dude, I want a copy of this song, when we get back, yeah!” Ollie said to Lee, and looking at me playing the air guitar, with his rock face on. Fuck he makes me laugh. He’s even more of a big kid now he has the baby. We were all sitting in at the dinner table the other night, and we’d finished eating. Ollie had Noah, Liam was trying to take the baby, but Ollie wouldn’t give him up and turned it into a puppet show using his child as a ventriloquist doll, it was hilarious. Kat was in stitches, and I’m pretty sure I saw soda spurt out of Beau’s nose. That had to sting.

When people started staring at us, I turned the volume down.

“Prude,” Both Ollie and Lee yelled at the same time, then fist bumped.

I just laughed at them. I freakin’ am now after what I witnessed this morning, my whole body shuddered.

<>-<>-<>

The security door buzzed and opened for us, the dogs took off into the common area to see the kids like they owned the place with Lee trailing behind. Ollie and I made our way to Derek’s office.

“Hey boys, how are the holidays treating you?” Derek asked shaking our hands and giving us both a bro hug. “And you, how’s married life?” He asked me.

I sighed, “When do you have?”

“Huh!” Derek screwed up his face like he didn’t comprehend.

“I know you all have a betting pool, to see when I cave and go to California. So when do you have?” I asked again.

“Oh… That… Well, I have faith in you, I bet you’d stick it out.” Derek said.

“Are you crazy? Have you met these two?” Ollie laughed, “I’m going to see what Lee’s up to.” He said and exited the office.

“That was pretty stupid, but if you share your winnings with me. I promise not to cave.” I said to him.

“Deal,” Derek said shaking my hand. It’s easy to make that bet on day one, who knows how I’ll be later in the week, “So what brings you by today? Could it be the call I got from a Mr. Davenport and Mr. Cohen on Friday?” he smiled.

“That and the dogs wanted extra attention, I think they're in love with Jason.” I cackled.

“Yeah, he’s a good kid,” Derek said wistfully, “Now, Mr. Davenport, told me a little about what your planning to do. Is that real, or were you just making conversation with him.”

“It’s real, and I’d like to get it started before I even finish high school. I’m not sure we can set up the Foundation that quickly, but Liam and I are looking at a Café that’s for sale downtown, the one with that stupid name, ‘Turtle’ something or other. I’ll be talking to Dad about it sometime over the next couple of days, and have him request the books to see if it’s worth buying.” I said.

“So what would happen with the café, if you buy it?” Derek asked skeptically.

“Well, the plan is a little rough, but the plan is to employ the kids from shelters or the foster system. We’ll have some guidelines in place, as well as criteria of skills to teach them. Customer service, using the register, barista skills, serving, that type of thing but you know let them learn one thing at a time and move on to the next. So we’ll probably need your help at some point if you're interested in what we are doing. But the premise is, we provide a job, for three to six months and train a kid, giving them skills, try and instill a work ethic, basically build up their confidence, trust, and self-worth. The important pieces that have been taken away from them. Then between the four and six-month mark, we give them a reference from the café and the Foundation, help them with a resume and they can apply for other jobs around town using the skills they’ve been taught. They would naturally keep their job until they find another. Hopefully, this will put them above all other kids who’ve applied. Then we will employ another, and do the same again. They’ll get paid from the café, at the minimum wage, and any tips they receive are theirs. They won’t be working for nothing.” I explained.

“And you get the profit?” Derek said a little bitter.

“The net profit, will either go into expanding the business or banked to buy another small business to do the same thing. We hope to expand to different programs, one is employing a full-time person for your house to run a SAT prep course, and help kids focus on getting into college. Eventually, we would like to have four or five businesses with different jobs available not everyone wants to be a cook, a barista or server.”

“How do propose to fund all of this Will?” Derek’s tone and attitude toward me were not what I had been expecting. “People come in here and promise the world all the time and never deliver.”

I looked at my hands for a second trying to keep my composure, “Liam and I have money, this is something we both want to do,” I uttered quietly.

“What happens when you get bored with all of this, and you want to get on with your life. What then Will, where does it leave these kids. You can’t pretend your way through with these kids. They need constant support and love Will, you’ll never understand what it’s like for them.” Derek said standing and tersely shaking his head. Ever feel like you’ve been punched in the gut and kicked in the balls at the same time.

“I have to go, I’ll have Dad get in touch with you once we decide if the café is worth buying,” I stood and exited the room.

I’m gutted, I never knew what Derek actually thought of me. But now I guess that’s crystal clear. I’ve never broken one promise I’ve made, even when Lee joined our family, I made sure to make time to keep coming back and helping the kids with baseball. I show up for every class my trainer runs in fitness and boxing. When I have spare time, I come down and bring the dogs just to hang out.

I found Oliver and Lee, and let them know we were leaving. Lee asked to hang out for another hour or two, and he’d text me when he wanted to be picked up. I gathered the dogs and Oliver, the drive home was pretty quiet. I could feel Oliver keep looking at me, but I ignored him, now wasn’t the time for me to talk. I wanted to process what had just happened. When we got home I went straight to my workshop, I needed to hit things, saw things, do something productive.

After about an hour, I was turning a piece of hickory for a new handle for one of my new chisels and Theo showed up at the door of my cave. I turned off the machine and waited for him to talk.

Will, you have to understand where Derek is coming from. He works so hard for these kids to trust and respect him so he can help them. One little setback can change everything for them. He’s worried if he gives them hope and then it’s taken away, he’ll never get them back. It’s hard for these kids to trust and respect any adult, the things some of them have been through is something we’ll never actually understand because we’ve been fortunate enough to have not experienced it.” Theo pleaded.

“You can thank him then. I just got my first lesson on how it feels to be stripped of the trust, respect, and love from someone I considered family. I’m one step closer to understanding. I’ll be sure not to make the same mistake again.” I said bitterly turning my lathe back on and went back to turning my piece of hickory.

I didn’t dare turn and face him because I would lose it. Theo moved so he would be in my line of vision. I turned the lathe off again.

“What? What do you want from me, Theo?” I said through clenched teeth.

“Will, come on…” Theo said sympathetically.

“Don’t come on Will me, you say I don’t understand. Yet I have constant reminders all around me. Every time Lee takes off his shirt, and I see the scars that cover his body. I’m reminded how cruel and vicious someone was to that sweet, innocent boy. Every single time he flinches when we hug him, I’m reminded, that he was hurt and alone, and he had no-one there to protect him from it. Patrick, every time I see that nervous smile on his face. I’m reminded of what his foster family had done to him, and he is still that scared boy we met last year, waiting for someone to take everything away that he’s worked to overcome. Every time Beau makes a flippant comment about his old life, I’m reminded how lonely he must have been. I want to hug him for two days, so he knows that he’s loved and wanted here. So don’t stand there and tell me I don’t understand.” I yelled at Theo.

“And as far as parents go, my mother may not have managed to put a hand on me, but she certainly managed to leave scars anyway. She tried to have me removed from my family with false documents, then tried to have Liam arrested for sexual assault of a minor, also done with false evidence. He would have been on the sex offenders register for life. What else, the restraining order against Liam to stay away from me, done without any actual authority she wasn’t my legal guardian. Not to mention trying to have me kidnapped at night by two thugs and send me to a convert camp. You realize what would have happened if they had gotten a hold of me. I’m sure you don’t give it a second thought. I think about it all of the time.” I could the back of my eyes stinging.

“Your husband may think I’m nothing but a mouthy brat, wanting to throw money at a problem and walk away patting myself on the back. But I’m going to find kids to help. I will follow through with my plans. Unfortunately, there isn’t a shortage. All I want to do is help, if I can contribute to change one kid's life, it will be worth it. You can leave the way you came in, I’m not interested in anything Derek has to say. Once he realizes I was telling the truth, he can talk to Dad if he wants to be involved.”

I turned my back on Theo and waited until I heard him leave. This day fucking sucks. I finally let the tears fall as I slumped against the wall to the floor. Pity party for one, please!

To: Oliver

Message: Can you please pick up Lee from the shelter.

From: Oliver

Message: Sure, no problem. Leaving in 5 mins.

<>-<>-<>

“Hey Babe, how’s everything back home? God, I miss you so much already,” Liam said.

“I miss you too. I wish I’d have come with you,” I was laying down in bed, skyping on my phone with Liam, “how was the trip.”

“Long,” he sighed, “I’m pretty sure every screaming baby they could find was on my flights. It took me so long to get my luggage I missed the shuttle to the hotel, so I had to wait another hour for the next bus,”

“Aren’t you supposed to be at the Welcome Dinner?” I said looking at the time.

“Um… no not for another hour Babe, time difference remember,”

I smiled, “Oh, yeah,”

“Sweet husband, are you okay, you seem sad?” Liam asked.

I took a deep breath, “Yeah, I just miss you.”

“You can always come here to me, we can make it a vacation and see the smoggy sights.”

“About that, when do you have in the betting pool, I’ll cave and come to California?”

“How do you know about that?” Liam asked surprised.

“When?”

“I bet you’d cave Wednesday morning,” Liam said sheepishly

“Wednesday morning it is then, you better buy me something pretty with your winnings.”

“You can count on it. I better go, I love you so much. Give Noah a big hug for me.” He said

“I will. Love you baby, make sure you have an awesome time and learn a lot. No glory hole dates,” I said.

Liam laughed, “Don’t worry unless I’m getting paid I’ll steer clear.”

“Good boy, talk to tomorrow,”

“Bye Honey,” Liam blew me a kiss and cut the connection.

<>-<>-<>

Day 2 – Without Liam

 

I put my phone on silent and slept in. Had a shower, mowed the lawn, had another shower. Fed Noah and then had a sandwich. Had a nap, watched a movie, checked my phone and answered Liam’s texts. Put the meat on for dinner, went to feed the dogs. Only Cash came, he was fidgety, barking and running away. I followed his direction, C.C. was lying on the baseball diamond at the back edge. She was barely breathing and floppy. I ran to the house and grabbed my keys off of the hook, jumped in my truck and put her in the back seat and loaded Cash in.

“Hold on baby girl, we’re gonna fix ya.” I threw my truck and around and drove as fast as I could off of the property. I drove like a maniac to our Vet. I flew in the driveway parking as close to the door as I could. Grabbed C.C. out the back and ran in with her, Cash following close behind.

A lady behind the counter started, “You have to put a lead on your dog,”

“Oh, okay in a minute. I found my pup in the field she’s barely breathing, and she’s all floppy, you have to help me.” I panicked.

“Oh, dear, quick follow me.” Cash followed wherever this lady was taking me, whimpering the whole time. She shut us in a room, “You stay here, I’m going to get the Vet.” I laid C.C. on the table they had for the animals and stroked her coat gently, trying to calm, well, myself more than anything.

I barely waited any time before the vet came in the room hurried. He threw a bunch of questions at me quickly.

“Dog’s name?”

“Hey there, C.C. we’re going to fix you up girl,” he said in a lulled tone, stroking over her body.

“Where do you live?”

“Is there a water body near by?”

“What type of surroundings?”

“Was she able to move, when you got to her?”

“Do you know how long she’s been like this?”

“How long since you saw her before you found her like this?”

He turned to the clinic tech nurse lady and gave her a bunch of orders I did not understand. He turned his attention back to C.C. The tech came back with a bunch of vials and needles.

“Okay?”

“Will,”

“Right, now I suspect she has been bitten by a snake. We’re going to do a couple of quick tests, and we have to get the anit-venom into her straight away. Unfortunately, you need to decide right now what you want me to do. This is costly, and at her stage, it’s only about a 30% chance of survival. Although she’s young and healthy so the odds maybe a little better.”

“Do it, you have to save her,” I reached down and scratched Cash, he was leaning up against my leg. The vet nodded to the nurse, vet tech lady, and she waved someone else in the room. I barely took notice, they came in and took her away quickly.

“Pop the other one up here, if they were together, I’d like to check him over.” The vet said patting the table and giving me a warm smile. “She’s in good hands, don’t worry. Let’s concentrate on this cute pup for a minute.”

“His name is Cash, they’re the same age, and from the same litter,” I said distracted trying to see past him to where C.C. had disappeared and lifting Cash onto the table at the same time.

The vet smirked, “You named your dogs Cash and Credit Card.” He felt all over Cash, his face still smiling.

“Huh?” I felt my face blush when I realized what he said, “No, Johnny Cash and June Carter-Cash.”

He chuckled, “That’s cute,” as he kept checking Cash.

“Hmmm, is C.C. going to be okay? My husband’s away, and if I call him, he’ll panic and fly home. I don’t know what to do. Please tell me she’s going to be okay.”

“This young man seems unharmed…”

“Sorry to interrupt. Sir, we need you to move your truck. But if you give me your keys I’ll have the maintenance guy do it for you.” A young girl said politely.

I handed them over, without a thought, “Thank you,” turning back to the vet my eyes begging him to continue.

“Cash seems perfectly healthy, keep an eye on him tonight, if he starts to paralyze or change of behavior call our after hours and come as soon as possible. Although it’s unlikely, I think he’ll be okay. C.C. seems to have been the unlucky one.” He looked at me sympathetically, “Have a seat in the waiting room. I’ll be out shortly with some news, then you can decide whether to call your husband.” He pat my forearm.

“Oh…Okay, thanks.” I easily returned to the waiting room. Can this week get any shittier? I don’t even have my phone on me, so I can’t even let Liam know what’s happened. Slumping in the seat, Cash sat between my legs, resting his head on my lap. I held his collar because the leads were still in the car. We keep a pair in there in case we take them somewhere and need them. Usually, we don’t they are pretty good dogs.

A body sat in the seat next to me, handing my keys and petting Cash on the head, “They’re pretty good here, C.C. will be all right.

Why do I recognize that voice? Shit! My head snapped to my left.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I snarled.

“I work here now, no school would take me after I was expelled. My parents threw me out, I was able to get a job here. I’ll get my GED and go from there.” Stephen said.

“Why would you think I care, after what you did to Liam?”

“I didn’t do anything to Liam, I promise you. I’ve apologized to him, you have no idea how sorry I am.” He said remorsefully. I glared at him for a second, and he continued, “I was scared of Gator and Trent. Gator lived in the trailer park where I used to live with my parents. If any of them found out I was gay, I would have been beaten to a pulp. After we were all arrested, I come clean, and they kicked me to the curb. The best thing they ever did.” Stephen claimed. “I live at the shelter for now, until I earn enough to get my own place.” Wow, who knew. Stranger things have happened I guess.

“I heard you and Liam got married, Congratulations,” Stephen said.

“Yeah, we did,” I answered coldly, concentrating on petting Cash’s fur.

“Oh, I grabbed the leads that were in the side pocket. Thought you might need them.” Stephen handed them to me.

“Thanks,” I snapped a lead to Cash’s collar.

Stephen sat with me in silence while I waited, “What do you do here?” I asked in need of a distraction from what is going on.

“Uh, I mostly clean, help move animals from one place to another, it frees up the vets and tech’s to actually help the animals.” He said.

“Why a veterinary clinic?”

“I always wanted to be a vet, this way I can watch and learn, and eventually I’ll be able to work my way through college,” Stephen said looking at his hands.

“Why Liam?” I said through gritted teeth, “What did he ever do to you?”

“I honestly couldn’t tell you, Will, they never told me much. I was their errand boy and suck their dick for protection guy, so I didn’t get beaten up.” He was ashamed.

“Vivid, thanks. Did it ever occur to you to come to us? There’s safety in numbers. We would never have judged you and would have accepted you and kept you safe. We may have even been able to help.” I scowled at him. “Now as it stands, four lives ruined. Two assholes are in jail, good riddance. Your life is ruined, you’ve set yourself back, what probably five years. Liam may have lost his dream to play major league baseball. Did you know he already had scouts watching him?”

“No, I didn’t, I’m truly sorry Will. I couldn’t see past what was happening to me,” He said looking down at his feet.

“Yeah, I guess we’re all a little guilty of that,”

“It’s not an excuse though, and I’ll take my punishment without complaint.” He said.

The vet came up to where I was sitting, “Will, we’ve given C.C. the antivenom, there’s nothing left to do but wait. We’ll know more by morning, I’ve left instructions, any change in her status and the night guys watching her will call you immediately. Why don’t go home and try to relax? We’ll take good care of her and do the best we can.”

“I’ll stay and watch over her, you won’t have to pay me,” Stephen told the vet.

“Okay,” he said to Stephen, “Go home, call your husband, I’m sure that will help.” The vet squeezed my shoulder and indicated for Stephen to follow.

Stephen stood, “I’ll make sure she’s okay, I promise Will. I’ll call you the minute I know anything.”

“You don’t have to do that, especially if you're not getting paid.” I fidgeted in my seat, being nice to him is unsettling.

“It’s the least I can do.” He said and sauntered off in the direction of the vet.

I went home with a heavy heart, a whimpering dog, and an empty leash. What the hell am I supposed to tell Liam? There’s no way I’m flying out in the morning and leaving C.C. by herself, I’d camp by her little doggy cage if they’d let me.

Thanks for reading, this chapter was particularly hard to write. I hope that no offense is taken.

Song: Gimme Head on a four track album entitled “You Have the Right to Remain Silent" by The Radiators
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 53
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Yay thanks for the band name! Although that album isnt on Amazon😢 I'm still ticked at Derrick!! Jackass!! I'm not sure why anyone would be offended though.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I think that Will is seriously in need of a vacation away from home for a few days while things settle down and people apologize for the words that they used to hurt the main person who was going to help kids from the shelter by providing a job for them and teaching them a skill as well as showing them that there's more people that they can trust. Now with what Derrick said to will I doubt that he'll help any of the kids from the shelter at all now. Then on top of Liam being gone of all times for CC to get bit by a snake, Will takes her the Vet and runs into Stephen who participated in the beating that Liam got. I hope things start going better for Will than they have so far. This was a great chapter it had me on the edge of my seat trying to finish it before I got up. Keep em coming like this and I'll keep reading. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

iTunes/US has The Radiators, but not their You Have the Right to Reman Silent EP. They do have a Live version of the song though and a remix edit EP, The Cut vs The RadiatorGimme Head (The Second Coming). 99¢ each, $3.96 for the remixes (no discount), or $9.99 for the In the Roar (Live) album.

 

 

Cash & Credit Card are something a retail worker might chose as names. One of my former coworkers liked to ask if customers wanted to pay with ‘paper or plastic’ – he thought it was funny. I can still remember when credit card forms used actual carbon paper to produce the two copies (the original for the credit card company and a copy each for the store and the customer).

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment

I can understand where Derrick is coming from. He wasn’t very diplomatic about how he stated his case though. He probably isn’t aware of the extent of Will & Liam’s financial resources either. It’s possible Derrick was also having a bad day…

Link to comment

What a start to the week.  Derrick may have his heart in the right place, but I would make it a point to move my support to another shelter AND make Derrick see what his asshat mouth cost him, PERIOD.  Don't you dare hurt the furbaby any more. You can kill the snake if you want to hurt something. Keep it comming....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Yay thanks for the band name! Although that album isnt on Amazon😢 I'm still ticked at Derrick!! Jackass!! I'm not sure why anyone would be offended though.

 

The song is on youtube as far as I know, try there. Thanks for your reassurance before I posted.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Butcher56 said:

I think that Will is seriously in need of a vacation away from home for a few days while things settle down and people apologize for the words that they used to hurt the main person who was going to help kids from the shelter by providing a job for them and teaching them a skill as well as showing them that there's more people that they can trust. Now with what Derrick said to will I doubt that he'll help any of the kids from the shelter at all now. Then on top of Liam being gone of all times for CC to get bit by a snake, Will takes her the Vet and runs into Stephen who participated in the beating that Liam got. I hope things start going better for Will than they have so far. This was a great chapter it had me on the edge of my seat trying to finish it before I got up. Keep em coming like this and I'll keep reading. 

 

Thanks Butcher56, I too think things have just been piling up for Will. As much as Derek's reaction was bad, I don't think Will is the type of person to pull funding to help the kids at the shelter, but I don't think he'll deal with Derek himself for a while.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, glennish said:

Omg. Poor Will.  Your anchor is away, someone you trusted rips your plan apart and then your furbaby gets bitten by a snake.  This week can't get any worse.......... can it?   

 

Geez, I hope not. I'm not sure Will can take much more. I have a feeling once C.C. situation is resolved he might do a well needed runner to get away for a bit.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, droughtquake said:

iTunes/US has The Radiators, but not their You Have the Right to Reman Silent EP. They do have a Live version of the song though and a remix edit EP, The Cut vs The RadiatorGimme Head (The Second Coming). 99¢ each, $3.96 for the remixes (no discount), or $9.99 for the In the Roar (Live) album.

 

 

Cash & Credit Card are something a retail worker might chose as names. One of my former coworkers liked to ask if customers wanted to pay with ‘paper or plastic’ – he thought it was funny. I can still remember when credit card forms used actual carbon paper to produce the two copies (the original for the credit card company and a copy each for the store and the customer).

 

Sadly, I'm old enough to remember that too, and I was a card holder. :,(

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I can understand where Derrick is coming from. He wasn’t very diplomatic about how he stated his case though. He probably isn’t aware of the extent of Will & Liam’s financial resources either. It’s possible Derrick was also having a bad day…

 

Derek didn't exactly hear him all the way out and ask any real questions either, he kind went straight into attack mode. I hope he was having a bad day, but I don't think it's going to help him with Will. He shattered his dream, without any concern for Will.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Onim said:

I must say that I for one am so disappointed in Derrick's reaction to Will's suggestions...instead of berating him like some unknown kid off the street with hair-brained ideas, he should have shown him the respect that Will has always shown him...after all this time, he should know that Will is not some irresponsible looney tune!! I fear he and his shelter have lost a great benefactor and he owes Will an "on the knees" apology...:/ Poor CC, I hope she gets better, so Will can snatch she and Cash up and go to Liam..;)..they all need a vacation! Awesome chapter...still covering my eyes, because parents don't have sex!!! :gikkle:

 

I completely agree, family vacation for the couple and their furbabies.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, wenmale64 said:

What a start to the week.  Derrick may have his heart in the right place, but I would make it a point to move my support to another shelter AND make Derrick see what his asshat mouth cost him, PERIOD.  Don't you dare hurt the furbaby any more. You can kill the snake if you want to hurt something. Keep it comming....

 

Yes sir! No hurting the furbabies. I hear you, wouldn't dare. I don't think Will has it in him to deny the kids and he'll find a way to go around Derek.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Will has a huge heart, even if Derek lost wills respect and trust nothing will stop Will from helping kids. Only thing that changes is how they deploy thier plans. Poor puppies are having a rather crappy week too, all are in good need of a vacation. Great writing as always, and until the next chapter Cheers!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Dahawk said:

Will has a huge heart, even if Derek lost wills respect and trust nothing will stop Will from helping kids. Only thing that changes is how they deploy thier plans. Poor puppies are having a rather crappy week too, all are in good need of a vacation. Great writing as always, and until the next chapter Cheers!

 

Thanks Dahawk, I think a vacation is a splendid idea.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Bndmetl said:

 

The song is on youtube as far as I know, try there. Thanks for your reassurance before I posted.

Quite welcome you're about only one of the two or three authors I know who ask for reassurance like that. It shows you truly do value the readers opinions. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Quite welcome you're about only one of the two or three authors I know who ask for reassurance like that. It shows you truly do value the readers opinions. 

 

I appreciate you taking the time to do it for me. I'm not sure how to acknowledge you, or if you'd even want me too. I think you should be recognized for your help.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Bndmetl said:

 

I appreciate you taking the time to do it for me. I'm not sure how to acknowledge you, or if you'd even want me too. I think you should be recognized for your help.

Well that little chapter was more than enough acknowledgement.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Derricks attitude is beyond disappointing , particularly in the light of what he knows of and about Will, even Theo's attempt at justification is a letdown. Well .. where there's a Will there's a way , and I have a feeling Will , will eventually allow Derrick to redeem himself. It's in his nature. A sad , complicated and necessary chapter. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Poor puppy! I think when all is better, the boys and furbabies need a good vacation! Well, what an asshole Derek turned out to be. I agree that they should help another shelter that would actually appreciate it. There are plenty of other shelters and plenty of kids in need that would love the opportunity they are proposing. After what went down, there's no way in hell I would want to work with anything that includes Derek, directly or indirectly. People are too quick to forgive and forget....I'm not one of them. Lol!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, jaysalmn said:

Poor puppy! I think when all is better, the boys and furbabies need a good vacation! Well, what an asshole Derek turned out to be. I agree that they should help another shelter that would actually appreciate it. There are plenty of other shelters and plenty of kids in need that would love the opportunity they are proposing. After what went down, there's no way in hell I would want to work with anything that includes Derek, directly or indirectly. People are too quick to forgive and forget....I'm not one of them. Lol!

 

I'm like you, burn me and I'm done. But unfortunately it doesn't seem to be in Will's make up. He's always willing to give people a second chance. Will has shown him nothing but respect in the past, even when he left the office. Will still wasn't disrespectful, but more than disappointed, I'd say shattered would be a better word. If Derek were to make up for it, it would have to be a pretty big gesture. I have a feeling, Theo maybe a little disappointed with his husband as well, but it's his husband and should support him.

Edited by Bndmetl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, deville said:

Derricks attitude is beyond disappointing , particularly in the light of what he knows of and about Will, even Theo's attempt at justification is a letdown. Well .. where there's a Will there's a way , and I have a feeling Will , will eventually allow Derrick to redeem himself. It's in his nature. A sad , complicated and necessary chapter. 

 

It may take Will some time to let Derek back into his life the way he had been previously. But I do believe at some point Derek will be given a second chance.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Somehow when I started this story, I thought it was complete.  Now that I'm caught up, I guess I'll have to patiently wait for new installments haha.  Entertaining story thus far!

 

To comment specifically on this chapter, although he was a bit harsh, I can understand a bit of where Derek is coming from.  It's hard to imagine a high school student to have the passion to maintain this big dream (even if he should know by now that Will isn't a typical high schooler).  What happens when Will/Liam go somewhere for college, which isn't that far off in the grand scheme of things?  A lot of these ideas take time and need a solid foundation that won't just spring up immediately and while I don't think Will would ever get "bored" with it, he may not be able to devote the time and energy necessary if he's not around.  Of course he can designate people once things get established, but it is a lot harder to do these things remotely early on.

 

It would probably be even worse if Will made all of these promises and didn't follow through long term because the kids (and adults) have come to value him as a person.  What could be more devastating to the kids that lost everything than to have people they trust ultimately fall through again.  While Derek was probably right to be cautious, he handled it poorly and hurt someone who has his heart in the right place.  Most of Derek's focus goes into defending these kids, one way or another.  He messed up, but I hope that they're able to recover from that.

 

And to top it all off, the poor pup gets herself in trouble.  Hope that turns out well.  You might have some pitchforks and torches organized if it doesn't.  People get a little frantic when it comes to animals ;) 

 

Looking forward to the next!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..