Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 4,619 Words
  • 17,873 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Family Struggles - 3. Surprise's Everywhere

Family Struggles

Surprise’s Everywhere:

Saturday brought a calm silence to Kyle and Blu’s house. Kaleb and Davis were going over final renovation plans for the condo they had bought with their contractor, they got a really good deal on the older condo but it was stuck in the 70’s motif and Kaleb had flashbacks of the powder blue tux at his brother’s wedding. Kyle laid on the lounge with Blu snuggled into him, while Khan had his rear on the floor and the rest of his body on top of his masters doing his own form of snuggling.

The front door flung open as an overly excited Nan stormed into the living room, along with the always quiet Judge who had a glint in his eyes.

Kyle and Blu attempted to sit up, but Khan maintained his comfy position pinning the boys to the couch. Kyle smiled at the whole situation, “Hi Nan,” he nodded at Steve, “What has you fluttering around like the queen bee?”

“Get Jared, and that cute boy over here, make sure they bring my great grandbaby,” Nan demanded as she danced around the living room. The Judge stood by with a small amused look on his face.

Kyle along with Blu’s help extricated themselves from being Khan’s pillow. Kyle went to the kitchen making a quick call to Jared telling them about Nan’s demand to see all of them. Jared laughed as he hung up.

A short while later Mason opened the door to Blu and Kyle’s house. Jared sat Kasey down inside the doorway and he took off to see his best friend, “Canny,” Kasey giggled as he was slather with doggie love.

Jared chuckled, “Hi guys, Nan, Judge, did Kaleb decide to come home and cook us dinner?”

Mason smiled as he went to sit by the guys, “Kasey loves coming over here, he wants a puppy.” Mason who smiled while Jared glared waving his hand at his friend, “What? Every boy needs a puppy?”

“NO!” Jared shook his head, “You’re not supposed to team up with Kasey.” Kyle snickered as he attempted to hold back a full-blown laugh. “You’re my twin, whose side are you taking?” Jared sniped at Kyle.

Blu put his hand up, “I’m with Mason and Kasey, in case you’re interested.”

“Of course you are. I barely have a moment of sanity without my little superhero flying around the house. How am I to keep up with a puppy?” Jared sunk into the couch beside Mason.

“Nan before this becomes the debate of the century what is your news that has you all jittery over there?” Blu said.

“KALEB, DAVIS!” Nan screamed out, they were in Kyle’s office with the contractor. Blu only let them use the office because there was a third party with them. The Kaleb and Davis along with the contractor came into the living room. They shook hands with him, Davis then showed contractor out and returned to the group.

“Unc Eb,” Kasey smiled as he threw himself at his uncle crawled up him like a tree.

“Hi Kasey,” Kaleb picked up the little blonde smothering him with kisses causing the boy to giggle uncontrollably.

“Sop Eb, sop,” Kasey whined as he leaned over dangling his arms out reaching for Davis.

Davis laughed while he rescued his nephew, “Okay Nan, go ahead.”

“I GOT MARRIED!” Nan screamed throwing her arms up into the air celebrating.

The Judge gave his new bride a stern look, “Pumpkin!”

“Okay fine, we got married. But the groom doesn’t really matter, I GOT MARRIED!” she yelled again throwing her hands up again. The Judge laughed at his new bride. The boys all sat in silence stunned.

Blu looked over at the Judge, “Are you insane?” he asked incredulously.

Kyle smacked Blu’s arm, “He means that’s great. Congratulations,” Kyle stood up crossing the room hugging Nan and the Judge.

Blu shook his head back and forth, “No, no, I definitely meant his cheese has slipped off his cracker. The woman is fun, sure. But twenty-four seven, she’ll kill him. Nan has the libido of an eighteen-year-old boy,” Blu turned to the Judge, “You have a good ticker right?”

Steven smiled tapping his chest, “I passed my last physical for the bench right before I retired. This little filly keeps the motor running,” he smiled affectionately at his wife.

“Blugh!” Blu wretched, “Why does everyone feel the need to overshare with us?” Blu said to no one in particular.

Kaleb smiled after gaining his composure, “Welcome to the family Steven.” Kaleb shook Steven’s hand as he moved toward Nan kissing her on the cheek, “I’m so glad to see you happy.”

“Yeah congratulations Nan,” Blu hugged his Nan, “Have you told Mom and Dad yet?”

“About that, I was wondering if you would break the news for me,” Nan said flustered, “We’re leaving for our honeymoon in an hour, you know your Dad is going to have a shit-fit. It would be much easier for me if you do it,” Nan gave a frustrated Blu a tap on the cheek, “Well, we just dropped in to tell you, we’ll be on a cruise for the next four months. We are flying to Los Angeles and then off on a cruise around the world,” Nan’s smile fell from her face for a moment, then she looked at her husband frowning, “you don’t think we’ll get kicked off the boat in the middle of the ocean do you?” She brightened up, “Meh, oh well, I’ll send postcards. Oh, and Blu water my plants and tell your folks… Yeah, just tell my son I’m happy and to get over himself.”

Nan kissed Blu, then Kasey, “Too-da-loo, don’t do anything I wouldn’t do while I’m gone. Come, husband,” Nan swiveled her hips like Elvis was playing, “let’s get this party started.”

Jared smiled at his retreating grandparents, “Call us if you need bail, I’m not sure the Judge’s connections will reach international waters,” he chuckled.

As the door closed, Mason shook his head, “Bail? Really? How much trouble can old people get in that they would need bail, Jared? It’s their honeymoon…”

Jared stared at Mason, “I love that little woman, but she has no control over her behavior.”

Kyle chuckled, “Mason, on Blu’s and my first day of college… Well, let's just say we received a lifetime supply of lube and condoms.”

“That’s nothing, remember when she took Kaleb to the horseraces, and they got arrested,” Blu said hysterically laughing as Kaleb’s face went bright red. It’s not a moment he was proud of considering how disappointed his brother had been in him.

Kaleb looked at the group with the most innocent look he could muster, “Hey, what about when she practically stripped poor Wesley at your party guys?” The entire room erupted with laughter as Mason and Jared had a dumbfounded expression on their faces.

Blu calmed himself, “Yeah, crap, I better ring the folks. Why don’t you guys start on lunch, I’ll go in the office. Although, I’m sure you’ll hear the screaming from there.”

The other’s started toward the kitchen, Blu grabbed Jared by the arm steering his best friend and brother-in-law to the office. Blu closed the door behind them, sitting on the couch indicating for Jared to join him.

“What’s up Blu? I’m definitely not calling Mom and Dad for you, that’s cruel,” Jared stared at Blu.

Blu waved his hand dismissively, “I’ll handle that shit show in a minute,” he took a deep breath and gave Jared all of his attention, “Buddy, you seem frazzled. I know Kasey can be a handful, Kyle and I can do more to help. Why don’t you let us get him from daycare one day a week, he can stay with us, and we’ll take him to school the next morning?”

“You don’t know how much the offer means to me,” Jared sighed, “I love Kasey with all of my heart. Mason is a lot of help, but Kasey isn’t his responsibility, and I feel bad he’s had to step in doing stuff that I should be doing.”

“Mason loves doing those things, he came back to help you raise Kasey. It’s a way for him to stay connected with his sister. It’s got to be hard trying to do this by yourself, and you deserve to have some you time too. We just want to help,” Blu insisted.

“I get it that you guys want to help,” Jared ran his hand over his face. “What I can’t figure out is why would a twenty-three-year-old want to take responsibility for helping raise somebody else's kid and maintain a household?” Jared leaned back on the couch sulking in his thoughts.

“Do you not want him there?”

“I…” Jared let out a long deep breath, “I didn’t say that it’s just confusing. Okay?”

Blu frowned, “Confusing? How so?”

Jared shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know it’s weird… In the morning Masons always up before me and has Kasey ready for daycare, he also has breakfast made for all of us.” Jared had a goofy smile, “I love my job, but at the end of the day I’m ready to pick Kasey up and go home to Mason.”

Blu observed Jared for a minute, “What’s wrong with that, you enjoy his company right?”

“Ya, I do,” Jared looked at Blu, “He doesn’t even judge me or get mad when I have a bad day thinking about Beth. Kasey’s smile reminds me so much of her it hurts sometimes.”

“I know that can’t be easy, but thankfully he does remind you of Beth. You are also avoiding the real question. I’ll just say this, don’t answer just mull it over, then I’ll release you from this conversation from hell,” Blu chuckled, “Do you honestly believe Mason is only there because of Kasey?”

Jared sat there quietly, “I don’t know,” Jared stood up scratching his head as he walked out of the office, as Blu called his Dad.

*****

The following week school became quite hectic. Mr. Hiscock continued his snide remarks which proceeded to get on Kyle’s nerves. Kyle was determined to not let this bigot get the better of him, he was there to teach and help kids, not to make friends. Kyle smiled and waved at Mr. Hiscock every chance he got. Kyle maintained his attempts at connecting with Lincoln and Levi, which Lincoln was slowly coming to appreciate.

Wednesday rolled around, Kyle and Blu joked around about Kasey’s antics the previous evening as they pulled into the school parking lot. “I think Jared may have a nervous breakdown if Kasey keeps finding pictures of puppies he wants and leaves them in his Dad’s lunch bag,” Kyle chuckled, “Isn’t it our job to spoil him?”

Blu shook his head frantically, “No, Blondie, don’t get involved. We both know it’s not Kasey leaving the pictures, even though they are on his behalf,” Blu stepped out of the car flinging the door shut, “Blondie, can we get a new car? And, what do you suppose this meeting is about after school?”

“Why do we need a new car?” Kyle stepped out of the SUV closing the door, “I overheard some of the older teachers saying the meeting is about budget restraints.”

“We don’t need a new car, I said motorcycles,” Blu suggested.

“UH… No, we both drive fine it’s the other assholes I’m worried about,” Kyle shrugged his shoulders, “It’s too dangerous, we have our whole lives ahead of us. Besides, Nan gave Mom and Dad enough gray hair, do you want to explain motorcycles to them?”

“Don’t remind me about Nan, Dad is still acting like she got knocked up and I marched them down the courthouse in my overalls wielding a shotgun,” Blu chuckled, “I used to get to and from school on a motorcycle until Mom sold it without asking.”

“Babe,” Kyle stopped to open the door to the building, “When we have a family motorcycles would be useless anyway.”

Blu pouted following his husband into the building, “You are no fun, but since you brought it up. Did you want to make an appointment at the surrogacy agency again?”

“Well, not exactly,” Kyle mumbled, “I thought we could take foster parenting classes, they have a class scheduled for this coming weekend.”

Blu nodded his head, “See ya at lunch gorgeous,” and then wandered off to his classroom amongst a sea of kids, “DON’T SLIDE DOWN THE BANISTER!” Blu stopped and waited for two boys to jump off then run away in the other direction.

Kyle stopped to grab his mail out of the office and headed down the music corridor of the school. He spotted Lincoln and Levi running like somebody was chasing them. “Hi, Lincoln, Levi, is everything ok boys?” Kyle looked at the two boys, Lincoln’s face was flushed, and Levi was sweating.

Lincoln stop as soon as Kyle spoke, “It’s nothing,” Levi elbowed Lincoln.

“Let’s go he doesn’t care anyway, he’s doing his job,” Levi pulled at Lincoln.

Kyle sighed as he led the two boys in his classroom setting his papers on the desk. He motioned the boys over toward the chairs for class. Once the boys sat down, Kyle pulled a chair over sitting in front of them, “Levi, I really do care, for some reason you believe adults don’t care about either of you. The simple fact is if you give me a chance I might surprise you,” Kyle’s gaze shifted Lincoln, “Do you want to talk about whatever is going on?” Levi glared at his twin causing Lincoln to shake his head.

“No,” Lincoln shook his head hesitantly.

“Well my door is always open for the both of you,” Kyle said as he watched the boys, “I know you both like music. Would you like some help learning more about different instruments?” Lincoln’s eyes lit up while Levi shrugged his shoulders. “Let's try something, and if you boys don’t like it we can stop, but after school on Friday’s I have an hour that I could teach you both about different instruments. I can’t do it during the school day, because of our schedules. What do you say?”

Levi stared at his brother before mumbling, “I guess we can try it, you said we can quit if we don’t like it.”

“That’s the deal Levi,” Kyle stuck his hand out to the boy who stared at it refusing to shake his hand. “Okay, 3 pm I’ll be waiting for you both on Friday, now get to class and no running.”

Lincoln popped out of his chair smiling. As he and Levi reached the door, Lincoln started chattering, “He’s so cool, I told you he isn’t like them,” the boys disappeared leaving Kyle scratching his head at what he overheard.

*****

Blu walked up and down the rows in his eighth grade English class; he was trying to get the kids into a conversation.

“So you’ve all read Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech, can anyone tell me who his target audience would be from this speech?” Blu said making his way up the aisle, he tapped a young girl on the shoulder who was slumped over her desk, Blu glanced toward his favorite student, Mr. Tony Anderson, “Mr. Anderson?” The young girl looked up sheepishly at Blu, he smiled and pat her shoulder.

“Mr. Waters, do I have to answer?” The young boy asked.

“Did you understand it?” he asked the teenager.

“Yeah, I guess,” Tony answered.

“Did anyone else have trouble with parts of the speech?” three or four hands went up.

“You, phone away,” Blu indicated to one of the girls, “then tell me what part you’re having trouble with,” Blu said just as the bell rang, “We will finish this next class, please give some attention to the American Icon.” The students packed their bags and started making their way out of the classroom.

Blu made his way to the front of the class, “Arabella, a moment, please!” Blu stole her attention, the young girl sat down in the front of the classroom.

“Is everything okay? This is the second time you’ve fallen asleep in class,” Blu perched on his desk, his favorite way to address the class.

Arabella looked down at the desk, fingering some etching, shrugging her shoulder.

“You aren’t in trouble; I just want to make sure you are okay. You are the smartest kid in this class, geez, you are the smartest kid I’ve ever taught. I don’t want you falling behind because you’re too tired to keep up. Is there anything I can help with?”

She shook her head then squeaked out her response timidly, “I’m okay Sir.”

“Okay, just know I don’t actually believe you. I will leave it for the moment, just make sure you read Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech tonight, please. We’ll be going over it tomorrow in class, I may need your help to explain it,” Blu chuckled lightly. Arabella’s lips curved slightly at the ends to portray a small smile.

“May I go, Mr. Waters,” She asked.

“You may, nice manners,” Blu smiled warmly as the girl stood up to leave, “by the way my door is always open, come see me anytime about anything, school related or not.”

“Thanks, Sir, I will,” she scurried out of the classroom.

*****

Kyle and Blu had a staff meeting following school. The guys found some seats together sitting quietly while the School Principal droned over the budgetary crisis the school was having. Kyle yawned leaning over whispering into Blu’s ear, “This reminds me of lectures back in college,” Kyle said as he cringed at the thought as he sat up and continued listening.

The Principal opened discussions up for the teachers to provide cost saving ideas.

No Balls Stanley Hiscock stood, sneering in Kyle’s direction, “Why not use the funding for the musical arts and spread it throughout the departments that matter. I don’t even understand why we teach music, it’s not exactly vital to one's education. The money could be more effective elsewhere.”

The school counselor stood up waiting patiently for Stanley to quiet down, “Our musical arts program gives these children’s lives possibly the only chance they will ever have to enrich their lives through music. Music also helps with language development, it can help increase IQ by making the brain work harder according to research by John’s Hopkins University by Dr. Eric Rasmussen he teaches specialized music curriculum. Music develops the part of the brain that is also used for mathematical skills and other non-music related skills. If you need actual research supporting this, I have it in my office,” the older lady smiled as she sat back down.”

Kyle stood up, “The musical arts program is funded through grants specifically for providing the opportunity for lower classed and underprivileged kids to experience and learn the intricacies of the musical experience.” Kyle glared at Mr. Hiscock, “By the way you do realize that the comments you have been making over the past few weeks could be addressed here with the Principal.” Kyle sat down leaving Stanley doing an admirable impersonation of a fish with his mouth opening and closing. Fellow teachers mumbled, and heads nodded in agreement with Kyle.

Jared stood up, “This program you want to cut has no effect on the budget. How would you feel if the school was able to tell you how to spend your personal money when they have no right or control over it?”

Blu stood up, “Look it comes down to this, the kids we teach, a lot of them are mostly good kids. Good kids with difficult home lives, not many of them would be able to get their hands on an instrument or be able to afford the lessons. These kids come from families living below the poverty line, we need to get them excited about learning so they can find a way out. Their parents aren’t all bad people, but they are overworked and just don’t have the time…”

“The parents in this school district worry about one of two things its drugs or alcohol, not if Tommy or Tammy get to sing or play their little instruments,” Stanley roared, “Frankly if kids can count without taking their shoes and socks off that’s more important than music.”

The Math teacher stood up promptly to defend his teaching, “Stanley in all the years we have taught together, my students have never had to take their shoes and socks off to count. Frankly, I’m offended,” the plump red-faced man sat back down.

The Principal held his hand up trying to gain control as he said, “Gentlemen, please…”

Blu huffed, “You don’t know what you’re talking about; don’t make assumptions about people you haven’t met. You’re also overlooking one major detail, cut the funding to the music program all you have done is that. No music, the grant money won’t come to the school for anything else. The money for these grants is specifically for the arts in lower-rated schools. Another point is you cut music, you cut other programs, choir, theatre, and school band. These are things that get these kids to come to school in the first place.”

Kyle stood up, “My final thought is each of the instructors from the musical arts program cares about kids. They are what matters most to me. I teach music because I love it. I love these kids and care what happens to each of them, Stanley,” Kyle sighed. He sat down crossing his arms as he tried to calm down over the pompous asshole, an afterthought had him stand back up, “And another thing I check the kid's grades, if their grades are slipping, I go out of my way to help them. If they are struggling with a class I help them, if not I find them a tutor. If the kids want to learn an instrument I can’t teach during class, I will schedule a time with the student to teach them the instrument of their choice here right after school. I don’t stand and complain about how things should change. I make changes happen, and believe me, buddy, you’re not helping the situation.”

Stanley threw his hands up in a huff, “You FAGS are so dramatic. Let me tell you a thing or two you pervert, back in the day we would have chased you out of town or strung you up from a tree. You’re sick and depraved, I wouldn’t want you teaching my kids who knows what you actually do with them…”

The Physical Education teacher leaped out of his chair, “Stanley, I may not understand or agree with homosexuality, but I won’t tolerate bigotry. I have witnessed more than enough of your snide comments and tantrums toward these two men,” the teacher pointed his finger in a sweeping motion at Kyle and Blu. “To single out a program our school provides to the students over a grudge is reprehensible. Kyle and Blu have done nothing to provoke your behavior, their conduct on school grounds has been nothing but professional.”

The Principal had the School Police Officer remove Stanley immediately from the meeting to his office, to be dealt with later. The matter will be referred to the next school board meeting. As Stanley reached the door against his will, he shouted, “I’ll get even with you for this you disgusting queer.”

“Come on Blondie, this is bullshit, we’re going home.” Blu lifted Kyle from his seat.

Kyle stared at Blu, “The kids deserve better than they have,” his blue eyes had a glimmer from unshed tears. Jared stood up to follow his brother and his friend out of the meeting.

The Principal apologized to the staff, hoping that some of his newest, and brightest staff wouldn’t leave because of the views of one bigoted former staff member.

*****

Kyle sat at the table for dinner pushing his food around the plate with his fork, “You know I can’t understand how a person can be filled with that much hate over whom I love. We don’t go out of our way with public displays of affection at work, hell I don’t even kiss you when I want to.”

“I don’t understand it either, Blondie,” Blu said from the seat next to Kyle, he put his hand on Kyle’s thigh squeezing it in a show of support. “I think that man just hates life, he’s a miserable prick and not worth the headspace you’re giving him.”

“You know something,” Kyle sat his fork on the plate pushing his food away, “I’d work for free teaching those kids. The money doesn’t make me who I am, those kids,” Kyle stood up and walked to the window looking outside, “Those kids make me do what I do, and I love it.”

Blu went to Kyle standing behind him, wrapping his arms around Kyle’s waist. He rest his head on Kyle’s shoulder, “I know that Blondie.” Blu kissed his man’s neck, “you want to go do something fun, we could go to the movies, bowling, or play mini-golf; I’ll even let you kick my ass,” Blu chuckled as Kyle nodded his head.

*****

Saturday came and went the men had sat through their first day of Foster Parent classes. Kyle was determined that becoming a foster parent was what they should do. Kyle felt that by helping a kid that wasn’t wanted or couldn’t be provided for by their birth parents, were the kids that needed their love.

Sunday morning Kyle was up and showered for the final day of their class before the sun ever came up. As Kyle made breakfast, Khan sat and procured food as a taste tester for the family. Once Kyle had plated their meal he placed it in the oven while he ran to rouse Blu.

Kyle sat on the edge of Blu’s side of the bed brushing his hair back kissing Blu’s forehead, “Babe, it’s time to get up. I have breakfast made.”

Blu snorted, eyes still closed, his face smooshed in the pillow, “Five more minutes.”

“Babe,” Kyle persisted, “We can’t be late, kids need us. I don’t want to fail at this. The breakfast is even safe, Khan tasted it and wanted more even.”

He opened one eye, “Did you check to see if he’s still alive before you came up here?”

Kyle whistled, and Khan came bounding. Kyle pointed at Blu, “Get him,” Khan jumped on the bed licking Blu’s face. “Looks alive to me,” Kyle smirked.

“I hate you right now,” Blu whined as he pushed Khan aside flinging the blankets away so he could get out of bed, “It’s Sunday, we’re supposed to sleep in late,” Blu said as he walked to the bathroom turning on the tap to brush his teeth. He walked back into the bedroom with a mouth full of toothpaste, “Not even a little fun before we leave?”

“No time Babe, think of it as training for when we have kids. They’ll be running in here pouncing on the bed with Khan,” Kyle smiled as he pictured the thought in his mind.

Blu pointed his toothbrush at Kyle, “I’m locking the door. I want my hanky panky.”

“After they’re asleep Babe,” Kyle shook his head planning ahead.

Rolling his eyes Blu continued brushing and shuffling back to the bathroom mumbling, “Sleeping, watching TV, doing their homework, laundry, whatever I want sexy time with my husband.”

“You’ll get it, now move it or Khan’s gonna have to eat your breakfast due to us pushing the clock,” Kyle grumbled, and Khan chimed in with a ‘WOOF.’

We hope you enjoyed this chapter as you become more acquainted with Kyle and Blu's jobs and lives since college. Thank you to each of you for reading, leaving reactions, and posting comments. A special thank you to the great team of beta readers we have working with us on this book. 
 
For more discussion on the "Worth the Struggle" series join us on 
 
Copyright © 2018 Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 43
  • Love 26
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I’m glad that the administration takes their nondiscrimination policies seriously even with their faculty. There are some in management positions who barely pay lip service to these policies. Many of us intensely dislike religious fanatics, but refrain from calling them names and disparaging them in public.  ;-)

 

Instead of looking only for things to cut, is it possible to find additional grant money to subsidize STEM subjects or other areas like library books, sports, and computers?

 

I know that the California Lottery was sold to gullible voters as a source for additional funding for schools. But legislators have used that money as an excuse to slash the equivalent ‘additional’ money from the educational budget. Wealthy school districts can afford to fund grant writers to apply for additional funding sources. Wealthy districts are also able to tap into parental generosity via the PTA to pay for the arts, sports, libraries, and lavish computer labs. Some schools even supply each student with a laptop or tablet. All while struggling, urban school districts deal with crumbling facilities; damaged, outdated, and inadequate supplies of textbooks; and less experienced and less qualified new teachers.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Hellsheild said:

Oh god Nan, hope you know the Morse code for SOS. :/ (...---...)

And how to perform CPR!  ;-)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, BlindAmbition said:

I’m hurt! The feisty firecracker got married and didn’t invite me. You can see my mascara running down @Wesley8890 face. I’m happy that the Mason issue was pointed out to Jared. It’s clear that Mason has found his DADDY. They’re already playing house. Go get you some Jared!!

You brought tears of laughter with your comment. I think Nan is hoping that Doug calms down by the time the honeymoon cruise is over. I agree Jared is a bit oblivious concerning Mason.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

I’m glad that the administration takes their nondiscrimination policies seriously even with their faculty. There are some in management positions who barely pay lip service to these policies. Many of us intensely dislike religious fanatics, but refrain from calling them names and disparaging them in public.  ;-)

 

Instead of looking only for things to cut, is it possible to find additional grant money to subsidize STEM subjects or other areas like library books, sports, and computers?

 

I know that the California Lottery was sold to gullible voters as a source for additional funding for schools. But legislators have used that money as an excuse to slash the equivalent ‘additional’ money from the educational budget. Wealthy school districts can afford to fund grant writers to apply for additional funding sources. Wealthy districts are also able to tap into parental generosity via the PTA to pay for the arts, sports, libraries, and lavish computer labs. Some schools even supply each student with a laptop or tablet. All while struggling, urban school districts deal with crumbling facilities; damaged, outdated, and inadequate supplies of textbooks; and less experienced and less qualified new teachers.

Discrimination is one that that shouldn't be tolerated, we handled it in a manner I wish would be normal in today's society. As far as grants for education, I whole heartily agree, every kid should be able to receive a well-rounded education, not one based on wealth.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Hellsheild said:

Oh god Nan, hope you know the Morse code for SOS. :/ (...---...)

Hiscock needs to get the stick out of his ass, or maybe needs to feel it in there:lmao:

Jared...just...:facepalm:

Mason...no.

Kassey stay cute:kiss:

I laughed so hard reading your comment, I can't wait for the next ones.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Another fantastic chapter in the lives of Kyle and Blu. Jared is confused, hope he sorts out his feelings for Mason. So glad that Stanley got sacked, I hate bigots so he got what he deserved. Let’s hope he doesn’t come back and cause trouble.

Thanks, @chris191070 Jared got a little push to figure stuff out, let's see what happens. The Stanley issue... Will he go quietly into the night?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 23-1-2018 at 7:25 AM, Wesley8890 said:

Jared is a bit of a blockhead! Omg poor Steven he'll need some little blue pills to keep up with Nan. You know most of the time its a PE teacher that is against the gay guys, but thanks for that breathe of fresh air!Stanley must not be getting any at home.who am I kidding his wife probably left him for another woman.

Wife? You mean ex-fiancée?

She probably said "NO f***-ing way!" at the altar, and dragged her Maid-of-Honor with her...

Edited by Oerff
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

What breed is Kahn? I know he is a big dog but because I have not read the first part, he is one of the details I missed.

 "Khan sat and procured food as a taste tester for the family". I know what is meant by a dog being a taste tester for the family, but to me the word 'procured' doesn't make sense.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I m encouraged by the number of comments made on these chapters -- it means that reader interest is continuing to be very high. 

As far as the newlyweds being kicked off their honeymoon cruise in Australia, I believe that the Australian Defense Forces (Coast Guard) should be alerted and put into full protective mode -- even as accepting as the Aussies are, I don't believe they could put up with that pair, perhaps the judge would be okay, but his new wife -- too much even for the most accepting Aussie!

Since the first time I read these chapters, public acceptance of same-sex marriage has improved somewhat, yes, there is a long way to go but progress was being made until the most recent Presidential Election, at that time we made the two steps back that are said to follow the one step forward. May God and the voters help us in November of this year!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Another fun chapter despite the whole Stanley episode. Then again, it was good to see him put in his place and not just by Blu and Kyle but other staff members as well. I do hope Blu and Kyle can get to the bottom of whats going on the the twins and the girl, something is definitely up there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

To me Nan getting married is a hoot.  However the setup seems to be Levi & Lincoln being foster kids needing A home and two teachers just went to class.

I do realize im a couple of years late here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..