Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 3,701 Words
  • 113,398 Views
  • 32 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Family Struggles - 31. Epilogue

Two years had flown by since Nan’s passing, the family had continued to forge forward in life missing her dearly. There was a hole left in each of their hearts, stirring fond memories of her pranks at family gatherings. It took a while for Kaleb and Doug to move on from her death, both struggled for a long time but seem to be forging through their grief to the side of acceptance. Later today the family was gathering to watch Bella’s commencement, signifying her graduation from high school.

Blu sat at the breakfast table main-lining coffee and reading the news on his tablet. Kyle fluffed around the kitchen getting the special morning meal ready, while the boys sat around bullshitting about baseball and Link’s upcoming tour with his band. Bella stumbled sleepily into the kitchen with a yawn. Their pop rose to his feet quickly folding his daughter into his arms with tears in his eyes.

“My baby girl, I can’t believe you’re actually graduating today.” Blu sniffled.

Bella chuckled, “Oh my god, pop. Get it together, you’re a grown man and you’ve been doing this every morning since I got my acceptance to Berkley.”

Kyle turned to smirk at his family, recalling his husband's emotional roller coaster that has had him teetering on the edge of insanity. His thoughts had briefly taken him on a stroll through memory lane of his daughter who has grown into a beautiful caring young woman. “She’s right babe, we have to accept Bella is going off to college in a few months. As much as I would like to lock her in her room to protect her from the world, the law would frown upon it.” He turned to flip the pancakes. Boy how much everybody has grown and changed, hell I can even cook now without the assistance of the fire department – he thought to himself causing himself to chuckle.

“Don’t laugh, Blondie, you’ll be worse when she actually leaves this warm, comfortable, loving home for the world unknown. Alone. All by herself. With no one by her side, far, far, far away from home–”

Kyle turned revealing an apron the boys had bought him last Christmas that had the phrase, ‘Where’s the extinguisher?’ on it. “I’m not laughing at you, I promise. I was just remembering the first time I cooked for you, we were lucky the house didn’t burn down that day. It reeked so bad in here from all of the smoke. Bella is always going to be our baby girl, but it’s time she spread her wings.” Looking at their daughter he smiled warmly, “You’re gonna do great things, sweetheart. We will always be a phone call away, and Pop will probably have an open ticket booked so he can swoop in at the drop of a hat.”

“Dear god, I hope not,” Bella muttered.

Blu huffed as he took his seat again picking up his phone texting away. “Fine, I’m contacting Teddy. See if Trent or Derek are available to go with her, at least we’ll know she’s safe.”

“Oh… for the love of God.” Kyle rolled his eyes, “You’re being totally unreasonable babe. Bella has a cell phone to call for help if she truly needs it.”

“Pop, why don’t you focus on Cody, he’s starting his freshman year at high school–”

Cody’s eyes shot up from the conversation between the boys. “I don’t need no help! He’s not walking me to my classes.” He shook his head vigorously remembering Blu trying to walk him to his homeroom last year. “Nope, not happening. I’ll get my sissy ass kicked. Are you crazy?” his voice almost reaching only a pitch dogs could hear by the look on Khan’s face. “I thought you liked me, Bella?”

“Meh, you’re okay.” She laughed patting him on the head while holding her coffee in one hand that her dad handed her.

“Blu… Babe, you’re getting everybody worked up now. Can we just celebrate Bella’s big day? And worry about the what if’s at a later date?” Kyle said as he flipped the last pancake onto the platter he was holding, before walking to the table. Placing the platter in the center of the table, he retreated to grab his coffee before returning to his seat. “We’ve been blessed with a great family, which I never thought I would have.” He said as his eyes drifted over their family.

“Jesus,” Levi groaned dropping his forehead on Brody’s shoulder, “come on baby let’s get out of here before we drown in their sappy tears.” He stood from the table dragging his boyfriend away while Brody grabbed at the pancakes to take with him.

“Pop could ground you until you’re forty young man.” Kyle snickered.

*****

‘Pomp and Circumstance’ was being played by the symphonic band from the high school music department. All the school officials were taking their place on the stage while teachers helped the graduating class get to their assigned seats. Only two tickets were given to each member of the graduating class, but since the event was outdoors, Kyle, Kaleb, and Jared had decided anyone was welcome but would have to stand at the edges of the seated area. This worked out well for the Water’s family since there is a million of them. Bella had given her two assigned tickets to Lily and Doug, while the rest family and Blu took up at the back so other families could take up the sides and get a closer view. Plus Blu had his camera at the ready, three formatted and empty memory cards in his pocket.

Kyle stood on the stage near the podium waiting on the graduating class to settle, before calling up the valedictorian who was graduating with full honors. “Ladies, and gentlemen,” Kyle cleared his throat of the lump that was forming. “It is my pleasure to introduce to you the valedictorian of the graduating class, Miss Arabella Waters.” He clapped his hands, as the soon to be graduates roared with applause, whistles, and cheers.

Bella made her way onto the stage, pausing to kiss her dad’s cheek. Once at the podium, she smiled out at her peers, quickly wiping a tear from her eye placing her note cards in front of her. “Dad, trustees, faculty members, family, and friends.” She paused taking in a deep breath, “Most people would quote somebody famous, but I’d rather tell you about the infamous.

“I always thought today would be the best day of my life. It was only a few short years ago, that my brothers and I were homeless and alone. But,” Bella stopped to keep her tears from falling, dabbing at her eyes. “somehow we found ourselves the luckiest kids in the world when two men rescued us. They took us in, showed us unconditional love with endless support and encouragement.” Bella saw Blu winking at her holding a hand over his heart. “If it weren’t for these two men, and the extended family they gave us, I wouldn’t be standing here today. It is a great honor for me to prove they were right to take a chance on me and my brothers. With the exception of the love, they’ve shown us education was the most important thing they gave us. Our dads never pushed us any direction they just made sure to give support and encouragement so that three wayward homeless kids had every opportunity to succeed. They were relentless actually when we give up on ourselves they are there to dust us off and put us back on our feet. It’s not just our family they do this for though. I have watched these two incredible men do this for many of my peers and underclassmen.

“Today, as we graduate, we will all set out in different directions to follow our own dreams and goals. We have each formed bonds, that will stand the test of time as we forge our way into adulthood with many miles between us. The memories that each of us carries from our school days here, are going to be cherished. I proudly stand before each of you and welcome what the world has to offer each of us. Thank you, faculty members, for pushing us to learn that through hard work…” grinning toward the teachers, “and so many book reports we could be the best academically prepared college entrants. We all will continue to strive to be our best, whether it is through college, military, or vocation of our own choosing.

“I am truly humbled by our high school experience, we have learned how to overcome adversity, hardships, we’ve also learned tolerance, dedication and persistence comes with positive results. These are lessons I will take and use throughout my life. As we prepare to go our separate ways, I hope each of you continues to remember our days together, and the values that have been instilled in us. Thank you.” Bella stepped away from the podium, pausing to smile at her family before finding her way to her seat.

Each student’s name was called off one by one, to receive their diplomas. Kyle paused before announcing Bella’s name. As the young woman reached his side, he pulled her into a gentle hug, kissing her cheek. “Congratulations sweetheart, I’m so proud of you,” He whispered into her ear before releasing her from the embrace and handing her the diploma that was in his hand.

Once the final diploma had been dispersed, the entire group sang the alma mater of the school. Then Kyle declared them graduates, as they hooted and hollered throwing their mortarboards into the air. With a sigh of relief, Kyle dropped into his chair on the stage as he watched the young adults celebrate the end of their high school career in exchange for the excitement of their first step into the big wide world hoping each and everyone their dreams come true. A chuckle rumbled from Kyle as he realized the Waters clan’s cheers were louder than everyone’s put together.

*****

At home, the family had gathered for Bella’s graduation party, along with some of her girlfriends. Bella and her three best friends had been inseparable since the beginning of their freshman year of high school.

Kyle nudged Blu’s shoulder, who hovered nearby their daughter watching her every move. He was still quite emotional and tearing himself up with the war of letting her fly and keeping her within reach. Although he felt the same Kyle was able to keep himself in check around their daughter, while Blu wore his heart on his sleeve and his words bordering on verbal diarrhea. “Babe, would it help settle your nerves if you gave Bella and her friends their graduation gift?”

“No, of course, it won’t. It just means that she’s leaving us all that much sooner.” Blu huffed totally disgruntled about the entire situation.

Kyle placed his arm around Blu’s shoulders, “We have to let her follow her own path now.” He said as he kissed his temple.

“It’s not fair, Blondie, we only just got her. Once she leaves she’ll never want to come back and visit us. I want our baby girl here.” Blu grumbled burying his face into Kyle’s neck.

“Babe, did you listen to her speech? It wasn’t one that said I’m outta this joint the hell with them all.” Kyle chuckled, “She’ll be back on breaks, and for birthdays, and any other time the family needs her. I’m sure of that.” He said squeezing Blu in a tight embrace.

“Hmpf, fine. Can we look into getting a cheap studio apartment near the school, so we can visit? It might come in handy too, after her freshman year she might not want to live in the dorms anymore.” Blu said into Kyle’s neck as he breathed in the scent of his husband to calm himself down.

Kyle smiled, “If that’ll make you feel better we can look into it, but you’ll need to involve Bella in the hunt. She’s the one that will be living it the apartment, after freshman year.” Rubbing Blu’s back gently with his hand, he seemed to tensed a bit.

“Fuck no,” Blu said a little loudly. “I am not telling her she can live off campus, it’s just a back up in case she needs it. I’d at least like her to make a little effort to figure shit out for herself. Plus if it comes to it she’ll get what she’s given and be the fuck happy about it.”

Kyle looked at his husband wide-eyed, “Babe, do you need a drink? Maybe something harder than lemonade.”

Nodding, Blu answered still pouting, “Iced tea, long island variety, please. Double, with a lime wedge.”

Chuckling, Kyle slid his arm from Blu, “Anything you wish babe, anything you wish. I’ll be right back.” He turned heading for the bar that was set up in the pool area. While Blu went in search of his made specially just for him mini corn dogs. Much to Kaleb and Christopher’s dismay they relented and had promised to make him some because he was so upset about his bird flying the nest. He may have played that up a bit, but what the hell it got him the corn dogs.

Kaleb was in the kitchen shouting, “Kassidy quit getting Kole to crawl on the counter for a cookie for you. You and your brothers haven’t eaten your supper yet.”

“Cookie,” Kassidy squealed to her papa, “I want a cookie, you said.”

“I said you could have a cookie after supper,” Kaleb placed his hands on his hips flustered over his daughter. “Davis! Come deal with her, I think I’m getting grey hair.”

Link strolled through grabbing a cookie, along with piling a humongous amount of food onto a paper plate. “Lookin’ good Uncle Kaleb, got any cheesecake hidden anywhere?”

“Quit it,” Kaleb muttered. “You’re encouraging them.”

Link shrugged his shoulder breaking a bite off his cookie handing it to Kole, “Here ya go little buddy.”

Kaleb snatched the plate of food out of Link’s hand. “Out, you don’t get any food. Do you know how hard it is to rein in three toddlers–” the sliding door slammed mid-rant. “Damn kids.” He muttered angrily going back to work. “Davis! Come and get your devil spawn.”

“Yes dear,” Davis said casually while corralling his demon children away from their cranky papa.

Kaleb grunted at Davis, “Where is Kayden? He’s being too quiet.” Peering around trying to find signs of the young boy.

His husband shrugged a shoulder holding their daughter on his hip while Kole was held like a six-pack at his side, he nudged the door open only to laugh. “Honey, your son is out here making the moves on Bella’s friend Stacey.” She sat in a chair with Kayden splayed over her lap with his head nuzzled between her breasts pretending to be asleep.

Kaleb glared around the corner, “That’s my boy.” Smiling at the situation, “He’s a chip off the block.”

Grinning like a fool, Davis kissed Kaleb quickly. “Thanks, babycakes.”

After all of the others, gifts had been opened, and Blu was on his fifth or maybe it was sixth Long Island Iced Tea, Kyle had lost track of the count but he had definitely loosened up. “Babe, are you ready to give Bella her gift?” He asked as he rubbed his husbands back.

“Spoz, pusose, sure,” he managed on his third attempt. “S’nother these tooom, toot, as well.”

Kyle chuckled as he took ahold of Blu with his arm around his waist steadying his walk toward Bella.

“Labies, wirls, younk womben,” he looked at his husband with one eye trying to focus, “you try, s’hard.”

Kyle laughed as their daughter looked on amusedly, at the very seldom drunken Blu. “I think what your Pop was trying to say we have a gift for you,” Kyle extended a hand holding an envelope toward Bella.

Standing Bella took the envelope from her dad before hugging him around her pop. Blu swaying, almost swinging on the side of Kyle. She raised an eyebrow at her dad, “is he going to be okay? Should we call 9-1-1?”

“Nah,” Kyle shook his head chuckling, “he’s gonna have a whopper of a hangover tomorrow though.”

“Okay,” Bella said warily watching her pop. “Can I open this now?”

“Yeah, sweetheart you can. We wanted it to be special, Pop is just worried about you.” Kyle said as he tightened his hold on Blu’s waist.

Bella smiled as she opened the envelope pulling out a ticket, then squealing like three-year-old Kassidy mid-tantrum. “Oh, my god you’re sending me to Europe.” She leaped at Kyle hugging him tightly. “For realz.”

Kyle rolled his eyes, “Yes, for r-e-a-l.” He couldn’t let the teacher side of his life slide on her grammar.

Bella looked in the envelope to replace the ticket so it wouldn’t get lost and saw another. Pulling it out, she saw the name, Stacey Amber Leighton. She squealed again but this time it was right in Blu’s face. He pulled his head back trying to focus on the noise.

“Turn it off, Bondie,” Blu wined holding his head.

Their daughter jumped over to Stacey showing her the ticket, grabbing it from Bella she stood as they squealed, hugged, and jumped up and down while the other two friends looked on with a grin and disappointment. Bella opened the envelope again pulling out two more tickets that had her other two friends names on them. She passed them over and the four girls danced, whooped, then surrounded Bella’s two dads hugging them with thanks.

“W’ats pening. Make it sto–,” Blu wretched, “u gunna” he lurched for the nearest potted plant emptying about a hundred dollars worth of alcohol on an unsuspecting Yakka plant.

Kyle chuckled wiping Blu’s face with a napkin he had stuffed in his pocket earlier. “Babe, you’re a bit drunk. Are you okay?” He asked afterward rubbing his shoulders.

Blu nodded but immediately held his head in his hands, willing the swirling world to stop turning.

*****

A few weeks later Bella and her girlfriends had set off on their European vacation. Levi, Brody, and Cody’s baseball seasons had started, which kept the men quite busy between practices and games. Lincoln’s band had been practicing like crazy, as they prepared for a mini-tour over the summer months. A local band had been discovered and were allowed to choose their own opening act. After three auditions and weeks of deliberating the band decided on Link and his friends for the gig. At first, Kyle and Blu had said an absolute no, but Lily being her wonderful self mediated a compromise where either Kyle or Blu would accompany them as they were only sixteen.

The two men decided Kyle would go with them as they would be going on the tour as Bella returned from her trip and Blu would be taking her to get settled in California before school started. And Kyle had no real desire nor the inclination to ever return to the state unless absolutely necessary. It was just too close to his birth families past.

As the summer wound down so did the boys baseball games, Levi and Brody’s team done a great job winning their division. Cody’s team went all the way to the state finals, and won! He even won the MVP award for the entire league, if the kid continued and didn’t get injured he was destined for great things and a long athletic career in the sport.

Doug and Lily had moved into Nan and Stephen’s house after their inheritance was settled through the estate. Elsie accepted Doug and Lily’s invitation to continue to live in the house with them.

The day had finally come Lincoln and Kyle were off to go on tour for the last weeks of the summer, and Bella was going off to college in California. The entire family made their way to the airport, moods swung between somber and excitement depending on the minute. As they all descended on the airport as a united front, a spectacle as usual. The missing liveliness of Nan was felt all around. She would have loved this, seeing both Bella and Link off. They were both starting out onto something bigger, something great that was just for them. She would have been so proud of them.

The four departee’s hugged and gave words of love and encouragement to those they were leaving behind. Although Link’s departure was temporary it was still a big deal for him. It felt like he was on the cusp of something big. It may or may not be what he was preparing himself for but life is a journey and he was excited to get started on this adventure. Levi was already missing his family before they ever departed. Brody comforted him knowing they would be returning to him in only a few weeks. Cody was his typical excited self to spend time with his Uncle’s Jared and Mason, and Kasey.

Once inside the airport behind the pitfalls of strict security to travel the four headed for a café to wait for their respective flights. Bella and Blu were called to the gate first. Link and Kyle walked with them as they waited for the last moment to have their tearful goodbyes. Although the men would only be apart for a few weeks they hadn’t really spent time apart since they were in college. It was going to be a struggle, but the kids they’d manage. Hard to believe even after almost ten years they are even more in love than they were the day the got married.

“Love you, Blondie,” Blu said in a raspy voice as he wiped a tear off Kyle’s cheek ignoring his own.

Kyle rubbed his thumb over Blu’s tears, “Love you more, be safe. Take care of our little girl.”

“Don’t fall for any rock star’s you meet, and make sure our boy has the time of his life. He deserves it.”

“My heart knows where home is,” Kyle said with a smile that warmed Blu’s heart.

And there we have it friends and fans, Family Struggles is now complete. We want to thank each of you for allowing us to be a part of your lives, and sharing the entire Waters family with you. Life's Struggle will be the next installment, which will be out later this summer. The story is evolving, we hope you continue to support it, on its journey.
Remember we love reactions and comments!
Until the next time, we wish you health, happiness, and love.
Rob and Joh
Copyright © 2018 Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 41
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



3 minutes ago, Benji said:

😎………......….Great ending for a story that will never end!  As indicated 'Life's' Struggles' will resume and continue the family's journey onward!  -  Benji

Thanks @Benji, looking forward to the future.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I realize this is a fantasy, but this line was just too wildly out of whack to be believable!

Quote

…cheap studio apartment near the school…

This is Berkeley we’re talking about. There are no cheap studio apartments near the UC campus! I believe students are only allowed to stay in university-run residences for their first year because of the severe shortage of housing. Berkeley is physically constrained between the hills and the Bay. There has been a shortage of housing for students for decades.

Compounding that is the sharp rise in housing prices in general in the Bay Area due to the tech and biotech industries. As housing prices rise in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, people move to the East Bay and other nearby areas. People displaced from the less expensive urban areas get forced further and further to the edges of the region.

There are students who are homeless because they can’t afford the rent. Many of them live in their cars or stay in homeless shelters. Many others are food insecure because they can’t stretch their budgets to cover tuition, books & supplies, rent, and housing.

This is a crisis that has been decades in the making with cities preferring business and commercial development over housing due to the tax benefits.

There are no cheap studio apartments in the Bay Area. At least, not livable ones. The ones that are relatively inexpensive have other major disadvantages, usually being in dangerous neighborhoods (like mine).
;–)
 

If the Waters clan really wants to find a relatively reasonably priced studio apartment, they’d be much better off looking in May when recent graduates leave the area for their new careers. Looking when school starts is way too late. There will be students living in motels when school starts because they can’t find anywhere else to stay!

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Dahawk said:

Considering Kyle and Blu's monetary status, cheap would be much different than a struggling college student. They could just dump cash down on a realtors desk and say I want that, and so be it.

It’s not just a matter of price, but also of availability. There just isn’t a lot of housing stock available. Tech millionaires have been buying houses just so they can tear them down to replace them with mansions. A recent news story out of San Francisco was about a condemned house for sale – it was in such bad condition that you can’t even enter the building! It will sell because of the location. Berkeley is a relatively old city, there aren’t any empty lots to develop. Berkeley is a city with many wealthy residents, mostly in the hills.

Kyle & Blu would have to get in line behind others who want to just dump cash on a real estate agent's desk and expect results.

Link to comment
15 hours ago, wenmale64 said:

This was a great story with scary, frightening, lovable, happy and sad parts. I really liked the story and look forward to the next installment!  You both make for a very good pair of authors with your own impact and traits woven into the final product.  Keep up the great works, each of you and both of you!  Onward to the next page.......

Thanks @wenmale64 we appreciate your kind words.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Onim said:

You guys took us on an awesome journey with this loving family...for that we thank you both...from the heart!! :heart: We await the continuation of the antics of this hilarious and formidable family of misfits...that fit so perfectly with each other!! :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::hug:

Thanks @Onim I'm glad to see you still enjoying the family.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

I just want to add my kudos for a great story!  And I look forward to the next book as well!

@Daddydavek thanks, it will be out later this summer!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Buz said:

I usually get really sad at the end of a Book. But you have set up the possible futures really well and I am excited to see/read about it. I have a Cousin who collectively called her children Ferals. Made me remember/laugh to read about Kaleb's Kids. Thank you so much for an awesome story with awesome characters!

@Buz thanks for reading, we poured our hearts and souls into these characters and are excited for the next step in their lives.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter to end an awesome book. You took us on a fantastic journey with this book with scary, frightening, sad and lovable parts. Now you have us looking forward to the future as they grow up and branch out.

@chris191070 thanks for being such a loyal follower, and even helper throughout this book.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Hellsheild said:

WAHHHHHHHHH!!!

I'm throwing my own tantrum and am sobbing. Its like the family I want is leaving. I absolutely love the story and its characters and don't want it to end and now can't wait for the next installment and where the story goes. 

I think I just need a tight hug.

@Hellsheild thanks for all of your help during this book it was appreciated, and for being such a faithful follower of this family. I believe you're gonna love the next book!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Dahawk said:

Thanks @Onim I'm glad to see you still enjoying the family.

ALWAYS a fan and a follower!! Write a nursery rhyme and I'll be there...:yes:🤗

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Tonyr said:

Kudos! Can't wait until Life's Struggle starts. Have a nice summer.

Thanks @Tonyr The next book has started to take shape, first chapter is now written. Once we get ten or so chapters complete, we will probably start publishing one a week.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 6/8/2019 at 5:26 PM, droughtquake said:

I realize this is a fantasy, but this line was just too wildly out of whack to be believable!

This is Berkeley we’re talking about. There are no cheap studio apartments near the UC campus! I believe students are only allowed to stay in university-run residences for their first year because of the severe shortage of housing. Berkeley is physically constrained between the hills and the Bay. There has been a shortage of housing for students for decades.

Compounding that is the sharp rise in housing prices in general in the Bay Area due to the tech and biotech industries. As housing prices rise in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, people move to the East Bay and other nearby areas. People displaced from the less expensive urban areas get forced further and further to the edges of the region.

There are students who are homeless because they can’t afford the rent. Many of them live in their cars or stay in homeless shelters. Many others are food insecure because they can’t stretch their budgets to cover tuition, books & supplies, rent, and housing.

This is a crisis that has been decades in the making with cities preferring business and commercial development over housing due to the tax benefits.

There are no cheap studio apartments in the Bay Area. At least, not livable ones. The ones that are relatively inexpensive have other major disadvantages, usually being in dangerous neighborhoods (like mine).
;–)
 

If the Waters clan really wants to find a relatively reasonably priced studio apartment, they’d be much better off looking in May when recent graduates leave the area for their new careers. Looking when school starts is way too late. There will be students living in motels when school starts because they can’t find anywhere else to stay!

Yeah,  I had a similar reaction and had to remind myself that the arts often require the suspension of disbelief. Besides, they have trust funds -  which are almost required for Bay Area real estate.  Here in the Silicon Valley, it’s so dire that a chunk of the student population at San Jose State University is actually homeless. I was heartbroken when I read that. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 6/13/2019 at 5:20 AM, tesao said:

I just discovered these stories this week (no idea how I missed them) , and binge read through all three.   What incredibly drawn, rich characters you’ve created! I have found myself thoroughly engrossed and invested in these people and can hardly wait for the next book!

Thank you, so much for joining us. I think the next book will bring deeper feeling toward the entire Waters family.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..