Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 4,895 Words
  • 5,026 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Family Struggles - 26. Losing It

After the funeral services, the family found themselves at Steven and Nan’s home for a light lunch. Doug waded through the sea of somberly dressed mourners. He wandered around trying to avoid most of them, if he had to have one more conversation about politics he was going to lose his shit. Passing by an open door, he looked in to see Steven’s office and decided to take a peek inside. Closing the door behind him, he stood looking around the room. It was painted in a deep burgundy with dark wood furniture,. iIt suited Steven, he decided. He moved around looking at the shelves and bookcase to see what kind of books the man would have read. It was mainly casebooks, on the third shelf, Doug found some of the classics. There was a copy of ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ by John Steinbeck. He pulled it out of the bookcase and sat in the wingback chair to have a quick read. The perfect way to avoid the sad clusterfuck of pretentious assholes in the other room. Doug looked on the table next to the chair, finding a decanter of scotch and a clean glass. He poured himself a two fingers of the fine liquid into the glass, bringing it up to his nose and giving it a quick sniff before taking a sip.

“Mmm, Glenfiddich. I knew I liked that man for a reason.” Doug said out loud with new respect for the dearly departed.

He settled back into the chair comfortably, scotch in one hand and Steinbeck in the other. He opened the book and small piece of napkin floated into his lap. Reaching down he pulled it closer so he could read it. It had ‘A. Hernandez’ and the phone number 804-555-9843 written beneath it along with one other name, ‘Kyle Waters.’

Kyle’s name on the napkin sent a cold shiver through his body, along with an onset of panic. He watched the door for a moment as if someone would come barging in, but of course, that was his overactive imagination getting the better of him. He cautiously locked the office door quietly and went to the mahogany desk. He picked up the landline and dialed the number on the napkin, hoping to hell whoever picked up the call on the other end would know something.

He sat down in the office chair while the line rang.

“FBI Special Agent Hernandez,” the voice announced.

Doug’s gut turned upside down, this was all very surreal.

“Uh… um, my name is Doug Waters. I found your number in my stepfather’s office on a napkin along with my son’s name. Can you tell me why Steven was in contact with you?”

“Can I speak with Judge Powell?” Agent Hernandez asked with an edge to his voice.

“Unfortunately no. He was killed last week by a hit and run driver.” Doug’s voice was a little croaky from all of the emotions he felt.

“Mr. Waters, the only other person I can speak with regarding that note is Kyle Waters himself. I’m sorry but this involves an active federal investigation,” Agent Hernandez stated with no other information.

“I’ll get Kyle, he’s here,” Doug said in a panic while texting Kyle to discretetly remove himself and come to the office.

*****

Blu nudged Kyle when his phone dinged with a message.

“Who is it, Blondie?” he asked annoyed.

Kyle slid his phone out of his inner suit pocket, glancing at the message.

“Damn telemarketers. I’m just going to check on the kids, I’ll be right back.” Kyle gave Blu a quick peck and walked off as if on a hunt for the younger kids.

He found the office door locked, gently tapping with his knuckle and said in a hushed tone, “Dad, it’s me.”

The door opened a few inches. When Doug saw Kyle was alone he let him in, closing and locking the door behind him.

“The FBI is on the phone. there is a Special Agent Hernandez that wants to speak with you. He won’t tell me anything.” Doug led Kyle over to the desk, his eyes wild with his hair sticking up in different directions, like he’d been grasping at it.

Kyle looked at the phone receiver laying on the desk, after taking a seat, he picked it up bringing it to his ear. “Hello, this is Kyle Waters.”

“Mr. Waters, I first need to ask, do you feel safe at the moment?” Agent Hernandez asked.

“Hell I think this is the safest house in the city at the moment, there are more Police and Judges present than the federal building itself.” Kyle chuckled dryly.

“Mr. Waters, would it be possible to meet with you later this evening? I can fly out in an hour from Quantico,” Hernandez insisted without waiting for an answer. “I should be on the ground there in a few hours. I have your address.”

“I have kids, I don’t want them in any danger.” Kyle said with hesitation.

“Listen Mr. Waters, with Stevens death and the information he was in possession of, anybody you are close to could be in danger. I will be there as soon as my plane touches down,” Hernandez cut the call.

“What’d he say? What’s this all about Kyle? And are you, or we all, in danger?” Doug fired rapidly.

Kyle stared at the phone as he placed the receiver in the cradle. “Um… Dad, I gotta check on the kids. Can you call Teddy and get the full security detail back in place?”

“Sure, will we be okay with just Derek and Brent here or should I ask for more?” Doug asked worriedly.

“Full detail! Dad!” Kyle shouted as his hands shook.

“Okay son, are we staying here? What’s happening?” Doug asked, knowing that Kyle was concerned about the entire family, including Brody and Maria.

“I’m sorry for yelling Dad. I want everybody at our house but I doubt Nan will accept that,” Kyle said as he started walking to the door. “Agent Hernandez said anybody I’m close to is in danger,” He unlocked the door, opening it to go in search of his family.

*****

Blu and the rest of the family sat around watching the kids in the pool. They’d tried to make sure everything felt normal for them. Kyle insisted to the other adults that the kids didn’t know what was going on. The last thing they needed was more drama and more importantly, that no matter what was happening in their life, that they felt safe. The FBI agent would be there soon enough and the kids would be suspicious anyway.

Nan was inside with Lily, Maria, and Elsie. Kaleb was at the edge of the pool tormenting the ever-loving shit out of the twins for his own entertainment while Davis looked on in amusement at his husband. Kyle and Blu sat at the table and chairs near the grill. Doug had been quiet since they left his mom’s place, his forehead creased with worry lines. Jared and Mason were sitting a few feet away cuddled up on a lounge chair. The atmosphere among the adults was somber, almost depressing. Not surprising after the past week they’d shared.

Kaleb had taken the week off work to help Nan, but so far she’d been resisting Kaleb’s comfort. Blu could tell it hurt him a little considering how close he was to Nan. Even he didn’t have the type of closeness the two of them had. It made Blu a little sad for Kaleb, almost. He insisted he was fine but by his behavior, they all knew he wasn’t. Lincoln cursed at Kaleb, frustrated with his tormentor. Kyle turned his head to the side, trying not to laugh, leaving it to Blu to be the bad guy – because he was good at it.

“Lincoln Abraham Waters, you get out immediately.” Blu stomped over to the pool by Kaleb. “You don’t use those words in this house and you certainly don’t get to yell at your Uncle Kaleb and curse. Even if he is being an ass.”

Kaleb reached out and gently pushed Blu into the pool fully clothed.

Link crawled out of the pool placing his hands on his hips, “See what I mean? Pop!”

Blu came up for air spluttering, “What the fuck, dude?” he smacked the water with his hand splashing Kaleb.

“Bite me, asshole,” Kaleb said as he turned stomping toward Davis.

Kasey rushed out of the pool, all smiles as he rubbed his hands together. “Uncle Blu and Uncle Kaleb, you used bad words. Money, please?”

Blu lifted himself out of the pool to find Kyle losing his shit. He was laughing so hard he almost fell out of the chair. Once he was out of the pool he put his hand on Lincoln’s shoulder.

“You go and sit with Dad. Don’t move an inch, you’re still in trouble.” Blu huffed as he went into the house to dry off and change. Luckily he wasn’t still in his suit from the morning. Tommy Hilfiger would be horrified.

Kaleb shook his head, pointing at Davis, “Get it from him,” as Kasey walked in his direction.

“Pay up Uncle Davis,” Kasey said as he flexed his fingers.

Brent came out to the pool area with a party tray of subs for anyone who was hungry. He laid the tray on the table then threw his thumb over his shoulder.

“What happened to Blu?”

“He slipped and took a flying leap,” Kaleb said sarcastically.

“You sent his as… you sent him flying,” Link crossed his arms, staring defiantly at Kaleb.

“Oookay, then. I’ll be inside where it’s safe.” Brent took his leave.

Teddy came in, stating the Agent had just called and would be here any moment.

Brent was giddy with excitement, he was going to get his chance to mess with an FBI agent. Hopefully, his boss wouldn’t stop him before he had his fun. He quickly went out to Kyle to let him know it was time for him to prepare.

Kyle came into the house as the door opened and the Agent waltzed in like he owned the place. Brent grabbed the man shoving him up against the wall while frisking him. A tingle of delight ran through his body, it was hard for him to keep the smile off his face.

“Gun.” Brent brought the weapon into the air passing it to Derek who casually took it rolling his eyes. He held the guy to the wall. “Big mistake bringing a firearm into this house. Blu is going to tear you a new one.”

Agent Hernandez was about fifty shades of red from anger, “I’m an FBI Agent, did you notice the badge you ran your hand over while you frisked me?”

“I don’t give a shit. I’m their personal security, there are kids in this house. Why would I let anyone they don’t know in carrying a weapon? I’d lose my job.” Brent tried to keep a straight face.

Teddy came in rolling his eyes at Brent, “Derek, give the Agent his weapon. Brent, I hope you enjoyed yourself. Now, go check on Link. I think he might be plotting against Kaleb.”

“Yes, sir,” Brent grinned winking at the Agent before leaving the room.

Kyle shrugged his shoulders before introducing himself to the agent.

“Can we meet somewhere without everybody listening?” Agent Hernandez asked.

“Sure. Teddy will be joining us since he provides security for our family.” Kyle led the pair to the office.

After everybody was seated Agent Hernandez shifted in his seat, “First, I want to offer my condolences in regards to Judge Powell. I have worked with him on many cases.”

Kyle looked at Hernandez, “Why are you here?”

“Steven contacted me a while ago about Carson Grecco,” Hernandez said as he opened his briefcase, pulling out a manila folder and laying it on the desk in front of Kyle.

Kyle reached out, sliding the folder closer without opening it. “What did you find out?”

“How much do you know about your mother’s past?” Agent Hernandez asked.

Kyle’s shoulders tensed, “More than I care to. To be honest I don’t consider her my mother.”

“Do you know anything about Senator Grecco?” The agent asked remaining stoic.

“Nothing more than Maria and Brody have told me,” Kyle hunched forward resting his elbows on his desk.

“Are you familiar with Penelope’s marital indiscretions?” Agent Hernandez asked.

“Oh, for cChrist sake, how would I know what that woman did? She committed murder, she dumped my twin on my grandparents…” Kyle said with agitation.

Agent Hernandez pointed to the file folder, “Your mother and Senator Grecco are parents to Carson Grecco. Carson has been in contact with your mother since she became incarcerated.”

“You have to be fucking with me.” Kyle flipped the folder open staring at a picture of Carson and Penelope in a prison visit. “Fucking bitch!”

Teddy put his hand on Kyle’s shoulder. “Calm down Kyle, the others will hear you. We will deal with whatever this is. For now I’m restoring full detail. The kids are to do nothing alone outside of this house. If they go into the backyard, it will be with security, if they so much as get the mail or Blu’s morning paper it will be with a detail. Nothing will happen to them. Meanwhile, we’ll figure this crap out.”

Teddy thought about the situation before turning to the agent.

“There has to be more to this? It’s a lot of cloak and dagger to hide maternity of his mother,” he asked.

Agent Hernandez cringed, “We’ve opened an investigation into this whole situation. When we pulled records of conversations that Carson and Penelope had during her visitation, we found some troubling discussions. Your mother, Penelope, wants Carson to kill you for all of the ‘trouble’ you caused her.”

“The trouble I caused her?” Kyle sat back down, shaking his head in disbelief.

“What do we do now?” He asked. “I have a family to worry about.”

Special Agent Hernandez stood up, “You have security in place. I can offer a few agents until we capture Mr. Grecco. To be honest it is up to you how intrusive you want the FBI to be.”

“Teddy, what do you think we should do?” Kyle rubbed his temple.

“To be honest, I know my guys can handle it… but I think an agent or two is a good idea.” Teddy held his hand up to stop Kyle from responding. “It will help that the FBI and you know what is happening with both. Especially since, I’m guessing here, but Maria and Brody are staying here for the time being.”

Kyle nodded his head, “Agent Hernandez, I don’t want your agents talking around the kids. The weapons have to remain out of sight, or Blu will make them wish they chose a different profession. Lastly, I don’t want any of the kids knowing I’m in danger. I’ll talk to my brothers, on my own.”

Hernandez nodded, pulling out his phone as he stepped out of the office.

“Teddy, can you get Blu and send him in here? I’ll talk to the rest of the adults after,” Kyle slouched into the couch and heaved a big sigh.

“Sure Kyle, did you want James? He worries about you, you know. He loves you and your brothers as if you were his own.” Teddy’s demeanor was firm with a nurturing that didn’t really suit the giant man.

“Have him stop over. I need to break the news to everybody. I don’t want anybody hurt if it can be prevented.” Kyle raked his hand over his face.

*****

“Nan, wait!” Blu called out as she stormed out of the house with two agents following. The security’s job was to follow along and not interfere with their free will. Elsie followed along behind with one of the men.

“We’ll take care of her, Blu,” said one of the new security guys Blu was unfamiliar with.

He nodded his head, standing on the porch, watching her storm down the road. She’d said nothing after Kyle updated the family. Nan picked up her purse and left. He felt the warmth of Kyle’s body come up behind him. He leaned back into his husband, hoping his Nan would be okay, eventually, but the last two weeks had been pure hell on her.

“I feel bad for her. Steven would still be here if he wasn’t trying to help me,” Kyle said as he kissed the back of Blu’s neck.

“Why? You didn’t run him down, did you? You’re not the one conspiring with that woman. None of this is your doing, Blondie. It’s the work of pure evil, and that you are not.” He turned his head to kiss Kyle chastely. “Let’s go check on the kids and your brothers before they form their own battalion.”

Kyle took Blu’s hand, lacing their fingers together, “Kaleb’s really upset over Nan’s behavior,” he said as they walked toward the door.

“Kids,” Blu called out. They appeared, one-by-one, in front of Kyle and Blu. “Why don’t you guys go up to our room and watch a movie. Someone will bring you popcorn and I’ll let you know when dinner arrives. Kaleb is having somebody bring over a nice roast beef dinner. While someone picks the movie, Lincoln can bring down his dirty laundry.”

Lincoln’s face went red from embarrassment, “You’re so anal reactive Pop.”

Kyle laughed as he leaned in whispering in Blu’s ear, “Your ass does have quite the reaction.”

Blu’s face grew red, “What?” he said to Lincoln, clearing his throat.

“He means anal retentive, Pop!” Bella snickered.

Blu smacked his husband on the back of the head, then walked away from the love of his life who was barely holding his shit together. The kids ran upstairs, already arguing over what they were going to watch. Kyle heard Arabella admonish the boys.

“It’s Levi’s turn to pick, so suck it up.”

“Brody can pick for us,” Levi called out.

*****

Blu banged on the laundry door, “Breakfast is ready assholes. You’ll find the disinfectant under the sink. I suggest you use it.”

Levi poked his head out motioning Blu over, “Why do we need disinfectant? We only kissed a little,” he whispered with rosy colored cheeks.

“What?” Blu asked incredulously hoping he wouldn’t find Brent or someone in the laundry room with his kid. Brody was trying to curl into himself with a sheepish look on his face. He pointed, “Out, don’t let me catch you boys in here again unless you’re doing laundry.” The boys squeezed past Blu. He followed behind them as they took off upstairs. “What the hell is going on around here?”

It took a few minutes before everyone was seated at the breakfast table, the usual conversations happening. Levi and Brody kept glancing at Blu, worried he might say something to the others. But they should have known that he would never do that to anyone. But Blu planned on using their fear to his advantage to keep the two in line for as long as he could. Mean – maybe, helpful – abso-fucking-lutely.

Kyle watched the looks that were being made between Blu, Levi, and Brody. “So who did what? You three look like each of you could faint at any moment.”

A smile grew over Blu’s face as he shrugged his shoulder. “I caught these two,” he paused, pointing to Levi and Brody, who both looked like they’d seen a bear, “sneaking into Link’s candy.”

The two boys now looked horrified and confused as to which would have been worse; the truth, or the wrath of Lincoln. And by the look on Lincoln’s face, they were about to find out.

“You’re both gonna replace whatever you took without asking permission for,” Link stood up and crossed the kitchen to check his stash, before returning scratching his head, “nothing’s missing. Are you sure your Allsheimers isn’t kicking in?”

“Aren’t you lucky I caught them when I did then,” Blu plastered a fake grin on his face while glaring at Levi and his kissing companion.

Brody shifted in his chair uncomfortably, “We won’t try and sneak again,” he pretended to make a cross over his heart, “I promise.”

“Just ask next time. Pop was always mad when Uncle Kaleb and Uncle Davis came over and used the washer without asking,” Link said before taking a sip of his orange juice.

“Oh my God,” Davis mumbled into his coffee.

All eyes were now on Kaleb and Davis, because everyone knew they weren’t doing laundry, but the kids...

Brody slouched down in his chair, trying to hide his face, “May I be excused? I don’t feel so good.”

“Nope, you need to eat,” Blu said cheerily piling scrambled eggs onto the kid's plate.

Levi relaxed his knee against Brody’s, offering him a smile.

Kyle looked at Blu again then two guilty looking boys. As his eyes went big, “Oh my GOD, Blu, they didn’t. Did they?” Kyle shook his head, “Levi I… we are gonna have the talk again.”

“No, no, they were in the candy.” Blu tried to silently send a message to Kyle telling him they’d talk about it later – without the audience.

Kaleb smiled at his nephew knowingly, then focused on Blu. “I like the all-day suckers myself. The snakes aren’t too bad, fireballs get a bit hot around the collar.”

Mason jumped in trying to save his nephew and friend, even though he didn’t know what he was saving them from.

“I was thinking if we had a group message we’d be able to keep everyone updated with where we are at all times. Like if we go from, say home to school, we could just use the one word of where we were heading, that way we know the others are safe and where they are.”

Jared smirked quickly, “I like it. That way we know if somebody isn’t where they are supposed to be, we should find them.”

Levi glared at Blu, “I’m not texting where I’m at in the house, that’s just mean.”

“Of course not,” Jared choked out, “that would be a little overkill.”

Levi pushed his plate away, “I’m not hungry.”

“Sure you are,” Blu returned, “you were going to eat the candy. This is much healthier. Here,” Blu said handing his son the platter with the bacon.

Levi’s face was red with anger as he took a few pieces of bacon, “I’ll get even Pop.”

“Looking forward to it, son. Eat up, you want your energy for all your extracurriculars.” Blu deadpanned.

Brody’s eyes went wide then focused on his plate as he shoveled his food in his mouth.

“Can I have some more bacon?” Cody asked.

Brody grabbed a handful of bacon, throwing it at Cody’s plate.

“Thanks,” Cody said as he picked a piece up. “Pop, about that puppy we were discussing getting a while back. What do you think about a small Saint Bernard?”

Blu looked up from his plate like a deer in the headlights, “Uh, there’s no such thing as a small St. Bernard, buddy.”

“Sure there is… when they are puppies they are small,” Cody said as he snuck Khan a bite.

“Dear God, rescue me from this hell on earth. I’d really appreciate your help. Amen.” Blu said looking up at the ceiling.

Kyle chuckled, “He did have a valid point. Puppies are small, Babe.”

“We already have that friggin’ demon ninja cat. We don’t need a damn grizzly bear too,” Blu argued.

“Okay, so anything but a grizzly bear. When can we pick up a puppy?” Cody asked giving Blu his pathetic ‘I win by default’ look.

“How ‘bout a chihuahua, or what about an ant farm?” Blu suggested.

Link smirked at Blu, “A nice big python. We could feed it mice and stuff.”

His pop’s face screwed up as he pushed his plate away. “Now I’m not hungry, and no bloody reptiles.”

Levi took the opportunity to return Pop’s favor, as he piled more scrambled eggs on his plate, pushing it back to him. “Eat up, you need the energy old man.”

Blu picked up a fork full of eggs while glaring at Levi, turned the utensil around and flicked the eggs at his son.

“For being old, you cheat,” Levi said, as he wiped the eggs from his face.

“Boys, enough!” Doug said firmly and loudly. “Eat.” Then he went back to moving food around his plate. Lily put her hand on top of Doug’s, giving him a sad smile. He leaned over, kissing his wife. “Sorry love.”

Link took a bite of breakfast and started talking, “I anna see An tooay.”

The table went silent, everyone watching for Doug’s reaction.

“I’m sure she’d like that Lincoln. Would you like me to come with you?” Doug asked, somewhat calmer than he’d been a minute or two before.

Cody gulped his juice, “I’m goin’ too. She needs a hug.”

“Brent said he would take us over to visit, but if you want to go you can.” Link said as he wiped his mouth.

“No that’s okay, you boys see if you can cheer her up a little.” Doug smiled genuinely at his two grandsons.

*****

Kyle was watching his crazy ass husband take the laundry door off permanently. He’d tried to reason with him, but after finding Levi and Brody in there, he was adamant that nobody was going to use the room other than to do laundry.

“Babe, it was innocent,” Kyle said as Blu unscrewed another hinge.

Blu twisted his head so he could see Kyle, “For now, Blondie. Innocent for now. In a little while, we aren’t going to be able to stop the boys from humping anything that’s not nailed down. Nope, damn your flippin’ brother. I’ll kill him.” Blu mumbled while he struggled with the door. “A little help here.”

Kyle rolled his eyes, “You realize that you’re acting like a lunatic, Babe. The boys are growing up, we can’t make them stay little.”

“The hell we can’t,” Blu argued.

Kyle laughed as the front door opened and then immediately slammed shut. The boys stormed up the stairs, not even stopping to say how their visit went.

Blu bit his lip, watching Kyle as he placed the newly freed door against the wall.

“Should we go and see what that’s about?” Blu asked to Kyle’s worried face.

Kyle frowned, “This can’t be good. Let's go try and make the boys feel better about whatever happened.”

Blu wrapped his arm around Kyle’s waist as they walked up the stairs. As the pair approached the boy's bedroom door, they could hear both of them sobbing inside.

Kyle knocked on the door before opening it, “Mind if we come in?” The boys didn’t even acknowledge their dads.

The two men went and sat on either side of the boys, sandwiching the two youngsters between them. Kyle pulled Lincoln into his lap while Blu did the same with Cody, then moving closer to each other. They cuddled the boys, while they sobbed, waiting for them to calm down. Blu looked over at Kyle, resting his head on top of Cody’s.

“Love you,” Blu mouthed to Kyle.

Kyle smiled weakly at Blu, then kissed the top of Link’s head.

Lincoln sniffled and wiped his eyes, “She told us to go away and never come back.”

Cody took a tissue that Blu offered and blew his nose, “She wouldn’t take the flowers we picked her even.”

“Aww, sweet boy.” Blu hugged Cody tighter, his heart shattering into a million pieces.

Kyle himself sniffled, “Nan loves you guys a lot, she just can’t handle all of the stress that has been happening.”

“I promise you boys when she’s feeling better, she’ll be here to apologize when she realizes how much she’s hurt you. You have to remember though, like Daddy said, she’s under a lot of stress and is hurting a thousand times more than you are.” Blu said sadly. “Give her some time, she didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” He kissed Cody.

“Why don’t we lay here and you boys can take a nap?” Kyle asked the pair.

“You’d stay with us?” Link asked in a childlike voice.

“Of course buddy, just like when you first moved in. We aren’t going anywhere.” Blu slid down a little, laying Cody between him and Kyle.

Kyle laid his arm over the group, protecting their fragile state. “We love each of you kids, plus we cherish all the time we get to spend with you. Pop and I aren’t ready for you to grow up quite yet. Especially Pop,” He snickered at his own comment.

Blu laid there for a minute, cuddled up with his family, while looking around the room.

“God this room is a pigsty,” Blu mumbled before finally closing his eyes.

“There you go, being anal again. I took my laundry down to the wash the other day,” Link looked around at a few piles of things around the room. “I know where everything is, anyway.”

“Close your eyes and rest,” Blu said, opening one eye to see Lincoln.

Lincoln sighed as he laid his head down, closing his eyes. “I love our family.”

This was an interesting chapter to write, to build the characters up in the direction they needed to be for the rest of the story. We want to thank our Beta-Readers, for their work and input on this chapter.

To you, the readers, thank you for reading and supporting our series Worth The Struggle. Each of the characters in our story has found a special spot in our heart, I know some of you have become really attached to the older family members. As always where there is life, there is death, it's just part of the circle of life. We hope you are enjoying the series.

Remember we love hearing from each of you, take a moment and rate the chapter!

See you soon!
Copyright © 2018 Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 28
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Usually the man is the one with the undisclosed, ‘illegitimate’ children. Occasionally women will give up children (usually their first born) when they can’t take care of them, particularly when they are still students. Are they any additional siblings we haven’t been introduced to yet? Does the fact that her name contains ‘elope’ have any significance? Is there anything she won’t do to cause chaos?  ;–)

Link to comment

😎………….…Hmm, Penelope is truly a wicked witch, somebody throw the mop water at her.  And somebody please kill Carson before he hurts another of Kyle and his family. 😈  Great Chapter

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Yeah, it's been soooo long. when are we going to know about the family again. I miss this story.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Just finished this.  I was super surprised about Brody’s dad being kes half brother.  Poor Kyle cannot get away from crap family members. Kaleb turned out okay but the rest? Christ.   I’m not sure how long this story has been waiting on an update but u would encourage y’all to finish this.   I’m worried about nan. Geeze I’m worried about them all.  Plus I’d like to see a side story about Brent’s shenanigans with the car guy (forgot his name lol) anyway more more more!!!!!????    Please

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Poor Kyle.  I wonder when we're going to hit bottom in this mess and how far Carson will go.  As always, the kids were great.  I look forward to more.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..