Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 4,714 Words
  • 4,436 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Family Struggles - 24. God Help Us

God Help US:

Davis held onto Kaleb as he collapsed, Cody quickly picked up his uncle’s phone giving it to Blu, while Jared and Kyle stepped over to their brother. The young boy looked up at his pop scared, Blu put his arm around Cody as he pocketed the phone for now. He gave Mason the nod to give him a hand with the kids to keep them out of the way and to stay calm until they knew Kaleb was going to be okay.

Kyle placed his hand on Davis’ shoulder, “Is he gonna be okay?”

Davis smoothed Kaleb’s hair with his hand as Kaleb started to stir.

“Maybe we should call it a day and go back to the house?” Jared suggested to the group.

*****

The family had arrived back at their accommodations after their third day in a row at Disneyworld. Kaleb still hadn’t shared anything about the phone call that had cut the first day short. He shared with Davis but they had decided to keep it themselves for the time being trying to wrap their own heads around the news. Everyone weary, the younger ones so exhausted Kasey and Cody had to be carried into the house and put into bed. Blu stopped Levi and Link from going into the room paranoid about Cody’s health if he got too exhausted, he needed his rest. Link then made it his mission to make sure that everybody left Cody to have his rest, even giving Tony an earful when he snuck quietly into the room to get his clothes so he could have a shower. After that, he went and got Derek from the security detail and made him sit on a chair at the door to guard his brother. Derek thought it was cute and humored the young boy.

Kyle’s phone vibrated in his pocket distracting him, he stepped outside onto the lanai to take the call.

“Hi, Mom.”

“No, I stepped outside.”

“The kids are inside the house, Link has Cody’s room on lockdown so he can sleep.”

“Everybody’s fine Mom, honest.”

“Mom, was there a reason you called other than to ask about the kids?”

“Uh huh.”

“That son of a bitch.”

“Is Brody going to be okay?”

“Mom, get Teddy to move some of the security detail down to Brody’s house. If that S.O.B even tries to go back there while Maria is at the hospital with Brody, have them shoot the asshole. Well actually have them detain him and call the cops.”

“Now what are we to tell the kids?”

“I know we need to be honest with them. Yes Mom, okay, I’ll let you know what we decide to do about coming home.”

“Uh huh. Thanks for calling. Love you guys too. Bye.”

Kyle leaned against the railing taking in a deep breath before heading inside and finding Blu rifling through the pantry.

“Babe, we need to gather the guys and have a grown-up chat,” Kyle said as he stared at Blu’s ass.

Blu looked over his shoulder, “See something you like, Blondie?” then kept rifling through the pantry mumbling to himself. “Where the hell is Link’s chocolate covered licorice thingy’s.”

Kyle shrugged his shoulders, “He probably has them being guarded by the security detail too.”

“Friggin’ kid.” Blu turned around to face Kyle who eyes were now on his crotch. “Jesus Blondie, how hard up are you right now?”

“I can’t help it I’m trying to avoid our next conversation,” Kyle mumbled.

Blu shrugged his shoulder, “Okay, I’m good with that, where do you wanna do this?”

Kyle shook his head, “Let’s go find the guys and get our discussion over with. I can’t even begin to figure out how to break the news that we have to, especially during our vacation.”

“Well… how ‘bout you think about it while you pound it out on me in the upstairs bathroom. Give yourself a clear head. Or I could just give you head.” Blu smirked, losing his jovial banter when he saw the serious look on Kyle’s face. “What the fuck has happened Kyle?”

“Gather my brothers up, while I give the kids free reign on Link’s stash to distract them for a bit.” Kyle ran his hand over his face before going to find the kids.

“Okay,” Blu said as he was leaving the kitchen then throwing over his shoulder, “Just make sure you confiscate the bullets and bring them with ya.”

“I’ll try,” Kyle chuckled as he went to find the kids.

*****

Kyle walked into the living room and closed the French doors behind him. He walked over to Blu and handed him two pieces of chocolate covered licorice and shrugged his shoulders, “It’s all Link would part with and I had to pay him five dollars to do that.”

“You’re useless,” Blu said stomping out of the room.

Everyone sat silently watching the door as they heard Blu run up the stairs calling out for Lincoln. There was some raised voices, then they heard him stomp back down the stairs and back into the room with three different bags of candy, wearing a smug grin as he flopped down next to Kyle. Kyle reached over to grab a chocolate candy but Blu twisted out of the way hugging them to his chest while shoving a gummy bear in his mouth with a chocolate bullet.

“Get your own.”

Kyle smirked, “How much did he charge you?”

“He chose to give them to me, in favor of not doing extra chores when we get home.”

“Blackmail… I never thought of that,” Kyle sighed and his shoulders slouched.

Jared looked at his brother, “What’s so important that you are letting the kids get a sugar high and you have us in lockdown?”

“Mom called,” Kyle said softly, “Maria called her.”

Blu’s hand stopped halfway to his mouth holding three gummy bears as he stared at Kyle. A bad feeling warred its way through his body. He did not like or trust her husband and Blu adored Maria.

Apparently, Carson had a bad day at work and stopped at the bar on his way home,” Kyle paused long enough to glance up from the spot on the floor he had been focusing on. “Once he got home Carson decided to show Brody how useless he was by beating on him,” Kyle’s hands clenched into fists.

“BRENT!” Blu shouted.

The security guy for Kyle and Blu came into the room.

“What’s up Blu?” Brent asked looking at the men.

“Did you find out anything else about that asshole next door?”

“Uh, well not exactly. The Judge is running down a few leads that are way above my abilities to get answers on, it seems Carson’s father has a lot of influence even from the grave.” Brent said as he leaned against the wall.

Blu looked at Kyle his face pained, “What about Teddy, he’s masterful and a sneaky bastard. Surely he knows something? He’d know about all our neighbors if he’s protecting our family.”

“It’s not that simple Blu. Carson’s father was a Senator and he’s buried stuff in confidentiality bullshit. Teddy is the one that suggested involving the Judge in the investigation. I’m sorry Blu, we are trying.” Brent grimaced.

Kyle placed a hand on Blu’s knee, “Thanks Brent, we know you are. Advise the detail we may be leaving for home in the morning.”

“Yes sir,” Brent said and quickly exited the room.

“It gets worse,” Kyle squeezed Blu’s knee. “Brody tried committing suicide after the beating Carson gave him. He found a razor blade and cut his wrist.” Kyle winced as he recalled what a kind boy Brody is.

Gasps were heard around the room, Blu and Mason both had watery eyes. The three brothers stoic and angry, and Davis was pensive and glued to his phone typing frantically. The air in the room thick, nobody knowing what to say.

“I,” Blu said gravelly, clearing his throat before trying again. “I don’t want Levi to know about this yet. Understood? We’ll tell him when we get home. There’s no need for the other kids to know at all unless Brody chooses to tell them. But I do think the boy is going to need Levi.”

“I think we should head home to be there for Brody and Maria,” Kyle said solemnly.

“Great!” Davis said loudly to his phone, the men all turning to look at him in shock. He looked up to see everyone staring at him. He held his phone up for all to see. “My boss is friends with the Chief of Staff. He managed to find out Brody is physically fine, but hasn’t specified anything further. But at least we know that much.”

Kaleb who was unusually quiet scooted forward to the edge of his seat. “We weren’t going to tell anybody, but we can use the excuse that Davis and I need to head home early since we found out we are gonna be Dad’s?” He glanced over to Davis, hoping he didn’t overstep bounds by announcing their secret. “It would give you both time to figure out how to break the news to Levi.”

“Yeah, maybe,” Blu said slowly thinking about the charade while shoving more gummy bears in his mouth. “But it probably won’t be enough, there’s no reason we would all leave. We need something more, I think.”

“You’re right, what about if we tell the kids. Let them be heard and they can say whether we stay or go. If they want to stay, you guys talk to Levi sooner rather than when you get home and he’ll insist he at least goes with us under that pretense of the baby. The other kids know how close Levi is with Kaleb they won’t think twice about it.” Davis smiled affectionately at his husband. “But the kids might just surprise us and all want to go home.”

Kyle nodded his head, “I agree with Davis, we know Levi is always everybody’s protector so he needs to be there for Brody. Let’s leave the kids to decide if everybody should go home, if not I could go home with Levi and you could stay here with the kids if you wanted Babe.” Kyle rubbed Blu’s knee offering a slight smile.

Blu nodded, but his head was elsewhere thinking about poor Maria. He may also be putting a plan in place to dispose of a certain body.

“Hey Davis, how hard would it be to dispose of a body through the morgue and not get found out?”

Kyle grimaced and held his hand up, “Babe, I already turned Teddy loose on the situation. If Carson steps foot near Maria or Brody it will be his last time.”

Blu nodded while hugging his candy to his chest.

*****

The following morning breakfast was a huge affair. It seemed like the guys had cooked every last morsel of food that was in the house. There was just enough room for each family members place settings on the table.

Cody scampered into the dining area with bulging eyes, “Is it Christmas time? There is soooo much food.”

Link elbowed his brother lightly, “Shhh… there is a lot of sweets on the table let’s eat before they realize what they done.”

“If either of you boys touches one thing on that table before everyone is seated; you’ll be picking up Spotty’s poop at our house for the next month.” Mason pointed a sauce bottle at the boys before setting on the table. “Without gloves.”

“You use a poopy scoopy,” Kasey chirped.

“Not for these boys,” Mason said, “Now you boys run along and wash your hands before you sit at the table. And Link, bang on the doors to wake the others up, will ya.”

In a matter of moments, Link and Cody went in opposite directions banging and screaming at the tops of the lungs, “Fire! Hurry!”

Tony and Levi came out of the bathrooms swiftly hopping about trying to put their boxers on while Lincoln and Cody stood back laughing. They were completely unaware that Nan and Grandma had come out of their room with Bella behind them yawning and rubbing her eyes sleepily.

“What’s happening?” Tony asked panicked.

Cody giggled, “We were hungry, and told we couldn’t eat until everybody is awake.”

Nan pushed her way between the two pranksters clipping them both on the back of the head, followed by Elsie and Arabella.

The boys were rubbing the sore spots from their families abuse.

“Not cool.” Arabella crossed her arms marching toward the kitchen letting her aggravation at her younger brothers be seen. It didn’t stop her from kissing Tony on her way past though.

“I’m telling Dad you were canoodling in the hallway,” Lincoln yelled after his sister.

Bella flicked her brother the bird and kept walking.

“Canoodling Link, what are you sixty?” Tony shook his head going into the boys shared room.

Lincoln shrugged his shoulder, “That’s what Nan called it.”

Levi glared at his twin, “I swear the nurses switched you at birth.”

Link laughed, “Yeah, with you idiot. You were almost the cool one.”

“Dad! Can’t we trade him in?” Levi shouted as he headed into the kitchen.

“God, can’t I drink my coffee before the arguing begins?” Kyle said as he poured himself a cup of black gold. Mason standing beside him chuckling.

Kasey shook his head, “No, arguin’ is fun.”

“Wait until you have a brother,” Levi mumbled.

“Poppy when I havin’ a brother?” Kasey looked expectantly at Mason.

Mason smirked at Jared, “I’m not sure buddy, maybe we’ll go shopping for one after Christmas.”

Kasey found his chair and hopped up, bouncing up and down. “Evi I getting’ a brother!”

“You gonna share Spotty with him?” Levi asked his cousin as he sat down.

“No,” Kasey shook his head, “He get his own.”

Jared glared at Mason, “So first a brother and now a second dog.”

“Seems the logical order.” Mason snickered. “But we have to get married first.”

“Then we go brother shopping?” Kasey called out as he snatched a piece of bacon off the table.

“I think I’m being railroaded,” Jared said as he plopped a pancake and piece of fruit on Kasey’s plate and cut it up. “I can hear you laughing Derek!”

“Oh I was watching something funny on the television,” Derek called out from another room.

“Mhmm,” Jared finished cutting up Kasey’s food. “Eat so you can be a good big brother, when you and Mason go shopping.”

Kasey nodded and shoveled food into his mouth like he never ate before.

Once everybody was seated and had their plates filled with food Kyle cleared his throat, “Kids, Uncle Kaleb and Uncle Davis need to go back home. That phone call Uncle Kaleb got was about having a baby. Do you guys want to go home with them or stay here for a few more days?”

Levi looked skeptically at Kyle and Blu before turning his attention to Kaleb.

“Why do you need to go home?” Levi asked.

“Well…” Kaleb started, while looking at Davis. “We are responsible for the young lady that’s having our baby, now that she’s pregnant we have to move her into our apartment. That was the deal we made with her.”

“Oh, I guess that makes sense. I say we go home with them, they might need help,” Levi shrugged as he ate his breakfast.

Cody looked at Kaleb, “Ya, you can’t be trusted on your own.”

“Hey, I’m the fun Uncle remember,” Kaleb huffed.

“More like the funny uncle,” Blu chuckled, “and don’t be rude to your uncle Cody. His behavior is unpredictable at best.”

Link rubbed his chin like he was making a major life decision, “I agree with Cody, Pop, he can’t be left to deal with a baby by himself.”

Davis frowned and leaned forward, “You boys realise the baby won’t be here for another seven and a half months right?”

“So we have time to train Uncle Kaleb,” Cody smirked.

“Cody,” Blu warned while trying not to laugh.

“Bite me Cody,” Kaleb threw a piece of orange at his nephew.

Cody snatched the fruit out of the air popping it into his mouth, “Thanks.”

“Don’t even think about it,” Kyle said to Cody as he reached for a pancake to frisbee at his uncle.

“But… I didn’t start it,” Cody smiled innocently.

“I’m gonna end it before it starts, hurry up and finish eating and then get your stuff packed. That is if we are all in agreement of going home.” Kyle sat back in his seat, receiving a bunch of nods from everybody.

Once the kids all left the table, Nan didn’t waste any time getting to the bottom of things.

“You’re a shitty liar Kyle Waters, I demand to know what’s going on? Is Lily okay?”

“Mom is fine,” Kyle stated before he filled the elder family members in on what was actually going on.

“I vote we leave the old ladies behind with Derek,” Brent called out from the other room.

“Fuck you very much, but I quit,” Derek called out afterward.

Kaleb chuckled, “Afraid of two little old ladies? You coward.”

“I’ll admit it, I ain’t ashamed of it. Them two there need there own color on the terror level chart.”

“Have you ever spent a night in jail? Nan is quite entertaining, she sings a lovely ‘Swing low, sweet chariot!’” Kaleb guffawed.

“I’ve already had to get out of the pokey three times since we arrived,” Derek said as he walked into the kitchen to put his coffee mug in the dishwasher. “Trust me, she sings like a cat in heat. I’m sure the cops let her go, just so their eardrums didn’t bleed.”

“Well!” Nan huffed, flipping the bird at Derek. “That’s for you, and that’s for you,” she moved her action at Kaleb.

Brent smirked at Derek as he walked into the room, “You couldn’t keep two old ladies clothes on at a beach. How in the world did you even get arrested?”

“I was picking their clothes up as they galivanted up the beach stripping,” Derek growled. “When the cops showed up the ladies pointed at me saying, I stole their clothes.”

“Geez,” Blu griped. “Nan, I swear…” he shook his head standing up from the table. “Pack your gear, we’re all going home. Don’t give the security any more grief on the way home or I promise I’ll convince your husband you need to go into care.”

*****

Once the family got home, Levi unpacked his things quickly before finding Blu curled up on the couch with a book.

“Pop, I’m gonna go hang out with Brody,” Levi stated as he leaned in the archway of the living room.

Blu looked around for any of their other kids. “Before you go, me and dad want to have a quick chat.” He hopped off the couch guiding Levi into the music room, ducking his head into the kitchen and signaling Kyle.

“Am I in trouble?” Levi asked as he sat in one of the chairs.

“No Levi, you’re not in trouble,” Blu told him, his voice was passive and soft alarming Levi.

Kyle pulled a chair over so he was sitting beside Levi.

“We need to talk about Brody,” Kyle said as calmly as possible.

“He’s my friend you can’t make me not like him,” Levi said gruffly.

“I… We wouldn’t do that. Your Pop and I like Brody,” Kyle said as he sighed.

“Well, then what’s the trouble?” Levi glared at Blu and Kyle.

“Brody is in the hospital,” Kyle said as he placed his hand on Levi’s shoulder.

“What happened to him?” Levi asked as his body tensed.

“Umm… you remember all the bruises you’ve seen on Brody?” Kyle asked Levi.

Levi nodded and remained quiet, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Brody’s father was the one causing all of those bruises,” Kyle looked at Levi and the boy’s eyes had unshed tears in them. “Carson said some really bad things to Brody when he was hurting him.”

“I’ll kill him,” Levi muttered quietly, his hands balled into fists as they dug into his armpits.

“Levi, you need to calm down and listen. We won’t let anything else happen to Brody or Maria,” Kyle looked quickly to Blu for support.

“Your dad has already organized security detail at the hospital for Brody and Maria. There is also a couple at the house to make sure Brody’s dad can’t go in. Okay? So calm down and listen to what your dad has to tell you. I promise we’ll do everything in our power to protect them. But you have to stay calm because Brody needs his best friend. That’s you right?”

“Okay, but why is he in the hospital?” Levi asked warily.

“Levi, Brody tried to hurt himself. You need to be the guy that Brody can trust right now since he doesn’t trust adults right now.” Kyle squeezed Levi’s shoulder.

Their son burst into tears, not the reaction Kyle and Blu were expecting. They both looked at each other before gathering him up between them to let him get all his emotions out before Kyle tells him that he’ll take him to see his friend. Kyle reached across their son to wipe away a stray tear that had fallen on Blu’s face. He could take a lot, but one of the kids hurting wasn’t one of them. Not that Kyle himself was in any better state. Blu did the same for Kyle before wrapping his hand around his husband's neck just to feel connected to him.

“I’ll take you to the hospital to see Brody, if you feel up to it.” Kyle stated as he kissed Levi’s forehead.

Levi sniffled, “Is he gonna be okay?”

“Eventually, but I don’t think it will be for a while. You just need to be patient and be his friend.” Blu swept his hand over Levi’s hair. “This is going to be hard for him. You be there, listen, and have his back. That’s all you can do but it will make his life a lot easier knowing you’re on his side.”

“Okay, I’ll always be there for people I care about.” Levi wiped his eyes and finding his inner strength.

“We know you will,” Kyle offered his son a smile.

*****

Levi walked toward the room the nurse had pointed out to his dad and him. He stopped at the door and hesitated seeing Brody was sleeping. Maria sat next to her son’s bed staring at the wall, she hadn’t even realized Kyle and Levi had entered the room until Kyle put his hand gently on her shoulder. Maria looked up at Kyle, his heart broke when he saw his friend seemed to have aged ten years in one week. The worry, her broken heart, and betrayal written all over her face.

“Coffee?” Kyle asked.

“Please,” Maria said as tears appeared in her eyes. She stood from her seat and hugged Kyle so tightly.

“Have you eaten anything?” Kyle asked her.

“I’m not hungry.”

“Maria, you need to eat to be strong for Brody,” Kyle said softly.

“Levi, you stay here with Brody. I’m going to grab a coffee and feed Maria. You text me if Brody wakes up.”

“Thanks, Dad,” Levi gave him a hug before taking the seat Maria vacated.

Levi looked at his friend who was covered in bruises and had a thick bandage over his right wrist. Machines were beeping as they monitored his heart rate.

Brody’s body jerked and his eyes opened in a fright at not recognizing his surroundings.

Levi placed his hand on Brody’s forearm, “It’s okay Brody, I won’t let anybody hurt you.”

Brody laid back on the bed, seeming a little less tense.

“He hates me,” Brody mumbled with tears in his eyes.

“He’s a jerk,” Levi said quietly. “Why didn’t you tell me about him hitting you?”

“We don’t need pity.” Brody rolled over facing the wall.

“You’re my best friend,” Levi shifted in his chair. Still not getting through to Brody, Levi climbed onto the bed laying next to his best friend. He gently tugged on Brody’s arm getting him to roll and face him. “I’m not going anywhere.”

“I can’t do anything right. Why would you like me?” Brody asked as tears streamed down his face.

“A million reason’s dufus.” Levi smiled.

“If I wasn’t here maybe my Mom and Dad wouldn’t fight all the time,” Brody quietly stated.

“You can come live with me. I need back up against Link and Cody.” Levi’s smile stayed plastered on his face at the thought of having his best friend around all the time.

“I don’t think my Mom will ever let me out of her sight,” Brody wiped his eyes with the back of his hand.

Levi shrugged, “I don’t care she can come too.” He put his hand on Brody’s upper arm. “Me and you against the world.”

“Did they tell you what I did?” Brody asked.

Levi didn’t say anything, he watched his friend closely. His dads told him to have patience so he was trying not to say anything so he could listen to his friend. He thought if he stayed silent long enough Brody would say something, but he was happy to sit in silence with his friend. On some level, Levi knew his friend was hurting emotionally and didn’t want to upset him because he was afraid he’d try and hurt himself again.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, I’m not going anywhere. I promise.” Levi almost whispered. He took an edge of the sheet and wiped his friends face, then laid his head patiently on the pillow next to Brody’s.

“I’m so tired of trying to be perfect at everything,” Brody mumbled. “It didn’t even matter.”

“Yes, it does. And Pop always tells me, nobody is perfect, especially me.” Levi chuckled lightly. “So no matter how hard we all try, we never will be. Pop’s smart, even if he is a big dork.”

Brody touched the thick bandage on his wrist.

“I did something really bad,” Brody said in almost a whisper.

“That’s okay. What did you do?”

“After he was done hitting me…” Brody seemed to drift off in thought.

“It’s okay Brody, you can tell me I’ll never tell. You’re my best friend.”

“Do you know how bad it hurts to never be good enough?” Brody asked as he tried to build up the courage to admit to what he had done. “It’s stupid that words can hurt worse than his fists.”

“Yeah, well, you’re talking to a kid who nobody wanted until my dads came along. So I kind of get what you’re saying.”

Brody trembled with fear, “After he beat me, I went in the bathroom and locked the door. Mom and him were arguing in the kitchen.”

“What did he say Brody?” Levi was starting to get agitated and wished he could take his friends pain away, but at the same time wanted to hurt Carson, his dad.

“He shouted at my Mom, saying he wished I was never born. I dug through the medicine cabinet and found his razor and took it apart. I… I thought if I wasn’t here no more then they could be happy,” Brody ran his fingers over the bandage.

Levi didn’t know what to say, so he wrapped himself around his best friend as gently as he could trying not to hurt him. “I’m glad you were born. We’ll be friends forever.”

“Promise?” Brody asked skeptically.

Levi kissed his friend's cheek. “Promise,” he whispered.

“Levi?” Brody whispered back.

“Yeah?”

“Please don’t tell anyone. Not even Lincoln or your dads.”

“Never.”

Brody laid his head on Levi’s shoulder, closing his eyes. The revelation of all the emotions and family chaos left Brody worn out, as he drifted off to sleep. Levi following him into slumber a few minutes later, comfortably curled up next to his best friend emotionally exhausted. He could relax now though, his friend was going to be okay.

Kyle and Maria returned to the room finding both boys snuggled together sleeping soundly.

Hi everybody, unfortunately, this chapter hasn't made it through all of our beta readers. I am publishing this chapter in a hurry so you guys got it this week. I am not sure if we will have a chapter for next week or not. I had a death in the family early today so I most likely will be away from the computer until next week. Please remember to leave comments and reviews, we love hearing from each of you. I'll see you guys soon!

Rob
Copyright © 2018 Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 12
  • Sad 23
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I’m sorry to hear about your family member. Take all the time you need to recover. Your needs come first. We’ll wait patiently for the next chapter whenever it arrives.

 

 

We all knew it was going to happen with Brody. It was just a matter of time before his father attacked him again. But at least you restrained yourself and Brody still lives!  ;–)

Link to comment

My deepest condolences on the loss in your family.  :hug:

Your grief kind of goes along with the sad tone to this chapter, painful as it is, I appreciate how you don’t shy away from the shit life dishes out;  You can’t appreciate the peaks without the valleys and life has both.

Please know we aren’t going anywhere, take all the time you need to do and deal with everything you need to, I think I can safely speak for my fellow readers in saying there’s no rush.

Blessings to you and may you find the little joys that can exist during times of great pain.  :hug::glomp:

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, empresslovesreading said:

I say let the boys and Nan loose on Carson. Asshole needs to learn that his daddy, dead or alive, can't always protect him. Especially from a really pissed off group of Waters. I'd like to take a rusty razor blade to him. Asshole.😡

Hear Hear

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Excellent chapter, love this family. My condolences on your loss. Tomorrow is the first anniversary of the loss of the most important person in my life, i know what grief means.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
52 minutes ago, Tonyr said:

Tomorrow is the first anniversary of the loss of the most important person in my life, i know what grief means.

:hug:

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Sorry for your loss. Your in my thoughts. Do what you need to do for the family, we will still be hear for you. I Loved the chapter, 

😀

  • Like 4
Link to comment

So sorry for ur loss. Such a good chapter. Levi and Link have such big hearts. Link guarding the bedroom so Cody can get his sleep, and Levi being there to support his best friend. Levi laying in the hospital bed with Brody to comfort him was so sweet. Brody is gonna need his best friend, and I kno Levi will be there with him every step of the way. Now, how are we gonna torture that asshole Carson??

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

This story has been an emotional roller coaster. There has been plenty said about the first part of this chapter, my focus is entirely on the last scene, Brody and Levi. What a perfect ending. We all need that special someone and I am so happy that Levi can be that person for Brody. What a beautiful picture of friendship. I would dare say it is love. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

🙁…………………My condolences to your loss and thanks for the chapter!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Thank you for your amazing chapter. Take all the time to mourn you need. Usually you get to that sadly after you take care of a shitload of Things involved in losing someone beloved...

While waiting, we, your faithful and patient readers, will amuse ourselves with creating a bucketlist of inventive ways to terminate the waste of biomass called Brodys father.

Edited by booklove
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..