Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 6,365 Words
  • 5,581 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Family Struggles - 17. Fears and Tears of Joy

Tissue Warning: Here's the second chapter you were promised. We hope you enjoy it, there are highs and lows in this chapter!

Fears and Tears of Joy:

Wednesday morning the tension was palpable in Kyle and Blu’s house. The boys were unusually quiet when they came downstairs, Lincoln spotted Blu sitting in his chair at the kitchen table staring off blankly.

Lincoln squirmed his way onto Blu’s lap laying his head on his Dad’s chest, “I love you, Grammy is gonna be ok.” He mumbled softly.

Cody studied his brother for a moment then crawled into Kyle’s lap, “I’m glad that I am a part of this family.”

Levi rolled his eyes as he sat in his chair, “They love us, quit sucking up.”

“Are you okay Levi?” Blu asked.

“I’m fine, can you just leave me alone,” Levi mumbled wiping his eyes quickly.

Blu put Lincoln on his feet, “Link, can you get the juice and milk out for breakfast please.”

He then went to Levi, picking him up like a toddler and left the room. Blu took him to the music room with the young boy clinging to him like a monkey. He sat down gingerly on the couch and tightly cuddled Levi.

“It’s okay to cry, Levi. I’ve been crying all night buddy.” Blu squeezed him tightly, even though Levi tried to get free.

“I… I…” Levi brushed his hand over his eyes again, “I don’t want Grammy to die.”

Levi couldn’t hold the tears back any longer. He didn’t have to be strong in front of his Dad or Pop.

“I’ve got ya, buddy,” Blu whispered leaving small kisses on Levi’s head gently rocking them to try and soothe both their anxiety. “Grammy is going to be just fine, she told us that remember? We need to hold onto that. But just in case she’s wrong, Dad and I have got you, don't hold it inside.”

“We can’t lose her Pop,” Levi said with red puffy eyes, “she’s the only Grandma we’ve ever had.”

Pop took hold of Levi’s head holding it in place, “You kids are the sweetest thing, please don’t ever lose that growing up. We will be Grammy’s strength when she needs it. That doesn’t mean you can’t cry, or yell, or scream, maybe punch a pillow. Dad and I have you, sometimes it helps to let it all out. That is what will give you the strength to get back up and fight. It’s not a weakness.”

Levi sniffled, “When that woman… our Mom died. I was mad because she didn’t love us. This just hurts sooo bad.”

“I know it does, but we have to believe it is going to turn out okay. I will give you, Link, and Arabella a note for you to have your phone at school today. Give it to the teacher at the beginning of every lesson. Once we know anything I will text you, and the teacher will let you read it okay?”

Levi nodded his head, “Promise? We’re not little kids, Pop.”

“I know you’re not, I promise not to sugar coat any of it. Whatever we tell you will be the straight truth. Okay?” Blu said knowing he couldn’t really live up to the promise, he never wanted the kids to hurt if he could help it.

Levi nodded his head before he wiped his eyes one last time then ran his hand through his hair, “Do I look okay?”

“Yes, but if you want to feel better, hop into the downstairs bathroom and wash your face.”

Blu gathered Levi for one last hug, kissed his forehead and let the boy go.

“Yuk,” Levi smiled at Blu, “Love you.” He turned and headed out of the room.

“Love you too,” Blu whispered to the empty room.

*****

Kyle and Blu dropped the kids off at school, promising to let them know how Lily is after her surgery. James and Teddy promised to pick the kids up from school, so the guys wouldn’t have to leave the hospital. Kasey reminded his Grampa’s that he would accompany them to pick up his ‘Evi and Ink.’

The men found their way through the winding halls of the hospital, to the surgical waiting room. Which was filled with their family.

Jared walked over to Blu wrapping him in a hug, “Mom said to tell you she loves you. She tried making the orderlies wait until you got here, boy was she stubborn.”

Blu swallowed his tears and guilt. He’d purposely not gotten to the hospital early because he knew she would make him say goodbye just in case. He had no intention of saying goodbye under any circumstances, in his mind, she now had to make it through because his Mom couldn’t leave without saying goodbye. Childish – perhaps, but it made sense to Blu.

Kaleb walked over nudging Blu while Jared had his arm wrapped around him.

“Can all of us talk privately for a minute? Please?” Kaleb asked solemnly.

Kyle wrapped an arm around his baby brothers shoulders, as they walked into the hall.

“What’s up Kaleb?” Kyle asked with concern.

Kaleb stopped and faced his brothers which included Blu, they might drive one another crazy but they were brothers.

“Blu, I know Lily isn’t technically our Mom, but in my heart she is. I talked with Davis last night after we got home and I think we should use some of our trust funds to take care of Mom and Dad. They’ve done so much for each of us, I don’t even want to think of where we would be today without them.” Kaleb had unshed tears in his eyes.

“What do you mean?” Blu asked a little unfocused and dazed, as he watched his Dad sit limply in a chair. He looked tired, sick, and utterly broken.

“Well, first I think Mom and Dad should stay with Davis and I since we don’t have kids we have plenty of room and it’s quiet for her to rest. Mom’s gonna need a visiting nurse to help her with bandages and stuff until she gets back on her feet. As much as she loves each of us, she would never want us changing her dressings, and to be honest, I couldn’t.” Kaleb placed his hand on Blu’s shoulder, “You know we all love her right?”

“She’s my Mom,” Blu said sadly not really keeping up with the conversation, “I’m going to check on Dad.”

Blu walked away, he couldn’t concentrate on Kaleb’s jibber jabber, Kyle would handle it for the both of them and then let Blu know what the hell Kaleb was babbling about. He went back into the waiting room sitting next to his Dad, who didn’t even realize Blu had sat down. Taking his Dad’s hand he nestled into the man's side resting his head on Doug’s shoulder.

“She’s going to be okay Daddy.”

Doug’s hand came up and rested on the side of Blu’s face. The man kissed his son on the head and sat there taking in the warmth and comfort of his son.

Nan and the Judge sat not far away, she watched as Blu gave his Dad comfort quietly gathering her own from her husband. It would absolutely kill her to lose someone as sweet as Lily, she’d been her daughter for near on thirty years and had no plan to change that regardless of what the universe decided. Her concern for her son and grandson was also on high alert, keeping a close eye on them in case they needed her.

The three brothers walked quietly back into the waiting room taking their seats next to their significant others.

Kyle sat quietly beside Blu, placing his hand on Blu’s thigh offering his comfort and support, as he offered Nan and Steven a sad smile and a nod. His husband reached out his hand laying it on top of Kyle’s lacing their fingers together. The two men were lucky they had James to stay at home with Cody, the hospital is the last place they’d want him with his immune system already compromised.

Chris, Steph and their two girls came into the waiting room, they quietly greeted everyone then sat down near Kaleb and Davis. About an hour later the Colonel and his wife came in, bringing real coffee and some pastries for everyone. Liv was the last to arrive, surprisingly with Charlie in tow.

Kyle’s eyes widened when he spotted Charlie. He crossed the room in the blink of an eye, wrapping her in a hug, “Where have you been? We haven’t heard from you in almost two years. God, I’ve… we’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you guys too, I’m so sorry I haven’t been in touch. I kept my distance for Liv, I needed her to be happy. She would have needed you guys, I’m kind of ashamed of how I left but I needed to go. I’ll always regret leaving her,” Charlie said sheepishly.

Kyle kissed her on the head, “We’re all family, you need to keep in touch.” He admonished her. “Most of us have families of our own now. The kids are definitely filled with Waters personality.”

“Liv has filled me in, do you think it would be okay to meet them later?” Charlie asked hopefully.

“I think it would be a nice distraction for everybody. Our house is usually filled with laughter and chaos, today it was eerily quiet,” Kyle glanced back at his husband frowning. “Lily getting sick has rocked this family to its core.”

Charlie’s eyes drifted over to father and son, she smiled sadly but with affection at the pair.

“I’m just going to say hello, then I’ll come back for a chat yeah?”

“They’ll be glad you came Charlie,” Kyle gave her another quick hug and she walked over to his husband.

She gently tapped Blu on the shoulder, he turned his head, “Hey,” he said resting his head back on his Dad.

Charlie sat down next to Blu, “I’ll just be over with Liv and Nan, if you need anything you let me know.”

She kissed Blu’s cheek then went to greet Nan and meet her husband.

Doug and Blu were quiet, they didn’t move or really acknowledge others around them. They just sat and stared at the wall; waiting.

Hours had passed by and then the surgeon entered the room, “Waters family,” he called out.

Almost all of the room stood up causing the doctor to smile, “Okay, let’s try Doug Waters.”

“Yes sir, that’s me,” Doug stepped forward, tears already dropping from his eyes.

“Would you like to speak privately, or are you okay with everybody hearing the outcome?” The doctor glanced around the room as all eyes were fixed on him.

“This is Lily’s family, all her kids, in-laws, we need to know,” Doug begged.

“It took us a little longer than planned, we believe we got it all. We did end up doing a double mastectomy like we discussed, once we got in there it was deemed necessary. As a precaution, we going to have her undergo chemotherapy in case there are any cells we possibly missed,” The surgeon let out a slow deep breath, “She has a lot of fight in her, you should all be proud.”

Kaleb looked at the doctor, “We’re prouder than hell of her.”

Kyle kissed Blu’s temple, “She’s gonna be okay, Babe.”

Blu latched on to his Dad, both crying into each other's chest with happy tears, at the same time they both reached out pulling Kyle into the embrace. Kyle was just as close with Doug as a father as Blu.

Kyle looked at his phone checking the time, the kids should have been home an hour ago from school. He called the house phone.

“Hi, James can you gather the kids around the phone and have them place it on speaker?”

“Guys, Grammy just got out of surgery. No Link, you can’t talk to her she’s still sleeping.”

“Levi, she’s gonna be here a few days.”

“Yes Cody, she has to go through chemo.”

“Bella, it’s just a precaution.”

Kyle ran his hand through his hair, “Guys we have to go. No, Kasey, you can’t bring Spotty to see Grammy. Goodbye, we love you.” Kyle ended the call.

*****

The following Friday Kyle was up really early nervously trying to contain his excitement of Kaleb and Davis’s surprise wedding from his husband. Kaleb and Davis had decided to play off the day as a soft rollout for Kaleb’s restaurant. Kyle told Blu, he should help Doug bring Lily to the newly finished building. The family thought the three of them deserved a pleasant distraction from the chaos the family had been through over the past week.

Kaleb came in the house and yelled up the stairs, “Blu Sky Waters, get your ass in gear. I have to drop you off at my place and get to the restaurant. The health inspector will be there shortly, move it I can’t be late.”

“I’m coming, where is my family by the way. They all left me in bed, when I got up nobody was here and they haven’t been all day,” Blu said frustratingly.

“They had to pick up some decorations for the tables for me,” Kaleb lied through his teeth.

“Okay, liar. Let’s go,” Blu said grabbing his house keys, phone, and wallet.

Kaleb hit the button on his remote for the door to his new Mercedes SUV, “Ain’t she a beauty?”

“Yup,” Blu smirked at Kaleb’s penis enhancement on wheels.

“She’s one of the safest vehicles on the market. A good all around family vehicle,” Kaleb said as he slid into the driver's seat.

The look on Blu’s face was one of surprise, “You want kids?”

Kaleb shrugged his shoulders, “Don’t look so surprised, I love your little shitheads. They sorta grow on you, ya know?”

“Watch ya fucking mouth when you talk about my little angels. I’m only surprised because you’ve never said you wanted kids, I’ll deny saying this if ever asked but you’re great with kids and they love you.” Blu sounded gobsmacked.

Kaleb smiled proudly as he started the SUV and drove towards his house.

“I’ve had some pretty good role models, other than your umm… selective vernacular around the poor little kids,” He smirked at Blu.

“Bite me, Shithead, just concentrate on getting us there in one piece instead of flapping your gums,” Blu grumbled.

“Blu, you’re such a softie,” Kaleb was enjoying messing with his brother-in-law.

Kaleb pulled up to the curb at the condos, “See you guys at 4 PM.”

“Thanks for the ride,” Blu slammed the door heading up to the condo.

*****

By three o’clock Kaleb was a nervous wreck, he paced and worried about every decoration. He had the kids all huddled away to change into their newly acquired clothes.

Kyle cornered Blu as he entered the restaurant, “You have to get changed, Babe.”

“I don’t understand what’s wrong with my suit, it’s Hugo Boss for fuck’s sake.” Blu looked down at his clothes.

Kyle looked at Mom and Dad, “Have a seat right there, somebody will show you to your seat in a few minutes.”

Kyle grabbed a bitching and whining Blu by the arm dragging him to a side room, “Your outfit is hanging in the garment bag, hurry up you have fifteen minutes. Love you,” Kyle smiled knowing how absolutely pissed off his husband was going to be.

“Fine,” Blu huffed, “Stop pushing me, I’m going, I’m going.”

Kyle stood outside the door glad he never bought that gun for target practice.

“No fuckin’ way!” came out loud and clear from the other side of the door.

Kasey scampered across the building in his little tux motioning Kyle aside, “Unc Boo, you bad wod. Urry up.” He held out his hand until he glanced up seeing more than he bargained for. “Ever ind.” The little boy scampered out of the room.

“I’m gonna kill your stupid, mother-fanta brother, son of cream soda. What the mellow-yellow was he thinking?”

Kyle snickered as his husband was literally losing his ever-loving shit.

Blu straightened his outfit, Kaleb was a good sport about his tux so he was determined to do the same. He supposed if others were weari…

“Aren’t you getting changed Blondie?” Blu asked warily.

“In a few minutes Babe, the boys are getting changed right now. If you ever stop whining I can help them finish.” Kyle rolled his eyes trying to contain his laughter.

“Where do you expect me to go dressed like this? Should I just wait here until the restaurant opens?”

“Yeah that sounds perfect Babe, let me go help the boys then I can come get you,” Kyle said through the door. “No bullets yet, that’s a good sign,” Kyle thought to himself.

Kyle went to check on Kaleb, he was still pacing circles in the kitchen. He then went to check on his sons, “Wow, you boys look sharp. Pop is gonna cry and want family pictures,” Kyle said. “Well, maybe not until he changes into his suit,” He thought to himself.

“Boys Grammy and Pappy need to be shown to their seats,” Kyle smiled as the four youngsters set out on their mission.

Kasey looked at his cousins, “Evi an me elp Pappy. Odie and Ink you elp Grammy.”

The three older cousins laughed but followed along with Kasey’s instructions.

The four boys stood in front of their Grandparents each wearing a very stylish tuxedo, smiling from ear-to-ear.

“Grammy,” Link and Cody said offering her each one of their arms.

“Thank you boys,” Grammy stood up threading an arm through each of the young escorts crooked elbows they presented to her. “You both look so handsome.”

Cody looked up at Lily whose coloring was still a tad off from her surgery, “You look beautiful Grammy,” he smiled sweetly at her.

“I think your hat makes you look very distinguished and gentlemanly,” Lily said with a warm smile.

Cody lifted his Boston cap rubbing his hand over his head, “I’ll be glad when it grows back in,” he whispered.

“You’re very handsome either way, hair isn’t everything, it mostly just gets in the way.” Lily giggled.

“I look like a walking bowling ball,” Cody giggled as he placed his hat back on.

“Well you come see me later, I have some eyeliner in my purse, we’ll put the finger holes on later.”

“Oooh, can I help?” Lincoln asked excitedly.

Cody rolled his eyes, “If we can shave your hair and do the same to you.”

Lincoln shrugged his shoulders, “Okay!”

Levi looked over at his twin, “Dad and Pop would kill you moron.”

Kyle presented himself at the right moment.

“What are you boys bickering about?” He asked in a no-nonsense tone, with a hand on his hip.

Levi pointed at Link, “The moron wants to shave his head to match Cody, that way Grammy can make his head look like a bowling ball.”

Kyle looked at Lily who was giggling, “What?” she shrugged, “Cody thought it was funny.”

“Dad, Grammy is gonna draw finger holes on my head since I said I looked like a walking bowling ball,” Cody smiled excitedly.

“No she’s not,” Kyle said, then looked at Lincoln, “you can shave your head in support for Cody, I don’t mind. Neither of you are getting holes drawn on your head.” Kyle was pensive for a moment, putting his hand up to stop Levi from speaking, “Or any other illustration, or words of any kind.”

“God, now I’m giving them ideas,” Kyle thought.

“Dads old hair trimmers are under the bathroom sink, when we get home Pop can shave mine,” Lincoln smiled, “It’ll show we are in this together.”

Levi ran his hand through his hair listening to his twin, “I’ll do it too, but I don’t look like a bowling ball.”

Kyle smiled at his sons, “We can ask Pop to do the haircuts after he calms down. Uh… you better take Grammy and Pappy to their seats, Pop is a little antsy in his dressing room.”

Kasey clapped his hands, “I ut my air too, I ove Odie.”

“We’ll see, just wait until we get home and we’ll let your cousins work on your Dad.” Kyle ruffled Kasey’s hair affectionately.

Doug looked at Kyle and the boy's tuxedos, “They’re getting married, aren’t they?”

Kyle nodded his head, “They wanted to surprise the three of you, they thought you needed to have a happy distraction.”

“That’s so sweet, not necessary but so sweet,” Lily teared up.

The boys escorted their grandparents into the inner sanctum of the restaurant. Some of the tables were missing, in place of them were chairs formed in lines like church pews. Red roses were attached to an archway that had been assembled. Light love songs were playing on the sound system.

Davis was standing near the archway, nervous and excited at the same time. He looked around the room at all the people that had come for him and Kaleb, each and every one of them were family. His smile turned to a grin as his brother approached him in his dress uniform, holding his daughter, his free hand holding his wife Jenny’s hand.

“Baby brother, look at you all grown up and getting married,” Brandon said with a touch of pride for Davis.

“Brandon!” Davis launched at his brother and his family. “You’re back, when did you get back?”

Tears were already falling from Davis’ eyes, “Oh my god, I can’t believe you’re here. How long are you home for?”

His brother put his arm around his wife drawing her nearer, kissing her temple. Davis leaned over and stole his niece from his brother's arms.

“Hey Katie,” Davis whispered kissing her cheek.

Katie snuggled into his neck shyly.

“For good, I’m retiring. I don’t want to be away from my girls anymore. Plus I’ve had enough, I’m on desk duty for the next twelve months until my time is up,” Brandon said happily.

“Wow, I can’t believe this. I’m so happy you’re home, I feel like I can breathe again.” Davis wiped the happy tears away.

Jenny wrapped herself around Davis and her daughter, “I hope this means little Katie and I will see more of you. We miss you so much.”

“I’m sorry, I’ve been a horrible brother and uncle. It’s just been chaotic this past couple of months, my job, the restaurant, and Mom got sick.” Davis shook his head. “Sorry, Lily getting sick.”

“We heard, you doing okay?” Brandon asked. “I know you love her, god knows she’s been better to you than your own family.”

“It’s okay, Brandon, I don’t mind so much. Doug and Lily have been there for me, and you have too. I have all your letters, thank you for those, it stopped me from worrying so much.”

“I missed you brother.” Brandon smiled warmly. “Uh… speaking of family…” he moved to the side, about ten feet away stood, Davis’ mother and his father in his dress uniform.

They were talking with the Colonel and his wife, Davis was stunned.

“I didn’t think they’d come, is any of this real.” Davis started to panic looking around for Kaleb.

His breathing started to get rapid, Jenny quickly took Katie from him as Brandon swooped in to help Davis.

“Honey, go find Kaleb,” Brandon said.

Jenny quickly left the two men in search of her brother-in-law to be.

“Breathe bud.” He put his hand on his brother’s back.

Brandon took a deep breath in to get Davis to follow his lead. Once he took a deep breath, Brandon blew his out in one single slow action. They breathed together until Davis started to calm down, just in time for Jenny to return with a worried Kaleb in tow.

“Baby, are you okay? What’s wrong? Blu didn’t catch up with you did he? I thought Kyle locked the door to the room he’s in,” Kaleb studied Davis as he ran a hand over Davis checking for injuries.

“My…my,” Davis pointed to his parents while he tried to breathe.

“Did they say something? I’ll kick their asses and Nan will help.” Kaleb mumbled as he stared at Davis’ parents.

“No,” Davis panted still trying to catch his breath.

“They wouldn’t dare,” Brandon said through clenched teeth.

“They better not dream of it, we could unleash the boys, that’d make their heads spin.” Kaleb turned kissing Davis gently on the lips.

“Aww,” Jenny sounded.

“I’m okay Leb, I promise.” Davis took Kaleb’s hand hoping it would comfort him and it did – almost immediately.

The Judge walked over in his robe, “Boys we need to get this show on the road, I think Blu is trying to break the door down. I heard a lot of banging and I think Kasey is keeping a tally on the language.” The man shook his head chuckling.

“We’re ready,” Davis said, his breathing had calmed down but now he was shaking.

Kaleb looked over to Kyle who had a nervous look on his face – no doubt worried what his husband was going to do.

“He’s married to you, it’s only fitting you bring him out,” Kaleb chuckled.

“Is it too late to put you up for adoption? Hey Kasey, do you want to go get Uncle Blu?” Kyle looked at the boy who was studying all of his fingers.

“Mhmm… he bad wod. Ots of imes.” Kasey crawled into Kyle’s arms.

“Kasey will distract him, I hope.” Kyle thought to himself.

Kyle sat Kasey down at the door to the room as Blu continued to use quite an array of vocabulary.

“Babe, you should really stop talking like that,” Kyle spoke loud enough to be heard through the door over Blu’s ranting.

Blu banged on the door, or maybe kicked it. “So help me god, Kyle, if you don’t let me out of here I am going to kick your mother-fanta behind.”

Kyle snickered, “I’m gonna unlock the door now. Just calm down Babe, people can hear the way you’ve been talking for the last fifteen minutes.” He unlocked the door making sure Kasey stood directly in front of the door.

Kasey had both hands out at the ready, waiting to pounce on Blu.

Blu ripped the door open, as he went to bolt like a bull from the chute, he found himself tripping over one of snow whites dwarves – Snarky. He fell over trying not to hurt the toddler, he landed ungracefully, legs in the air, his dignity a distant memory. The look he gave Kyle was enough to have his husband grab the kid and run.

“Unc Boo ou eed my ull up?” Kasey shouted over Kyle’s shoulder as his uncle ran with him towards their family.

The crowd turned looking in the direction of Kasey’s voice.

Blu stood up, straightened his… uh… outfit? Fixed his hair and walked with his head held high. Someone had taken his suit in all the drama from earlier before they locked him in the room, so it was this or naked. He looked down at himself, a puffy pirate shirt, a kilt, long socks, and his own shoes. He was thankful for that at least one part of him could be comfortable. He headed toward Kyle who was standing at the back of some chairs that had been set up, fire in his eyes, but now was not the time to air his grievance as their entire family was there. There is nothing more supportive and judgemental at the same time than your family.

“What the hell is going on?” Blu looked around the restaurant, “Sh…Chivas bloody Regal, what is happening?”

Kasey hustled back down the isle, “Unc Boo, I ot ou ull up.” He shouted waving it in the air.

Blu shot Jared and Mason a glare that promised pain, lots and lots of pain.

“Well?” he hissed at Kyle.

“Be nice it’s Davis and Kaleb’s wedding day,” Kyle smiled innocently.

Everything clicked into place for Blu.

“Huh?” Blu scratched the back of his neck, “Well played Kaleb you sneaky, mo…”

Blu looked down to see the puppy dog eyes of Kasey.

“Dammit!” Blu said so quietly no-one else heard him.

“Fine!” Blu jutted out his chin, “Better get this show on the road then, you ready ex-husband?”

Kyle smiled sweetly at Blu, “Babe, you drew first blood at our wedding. You know Kaleb and Nan, will not be one-upped by anybody, it’s not in their nature.” Kyle laced his arm with Blu’s before they started to walk up the aisle.

“It’s so,” Blu fidgeted, “airy down there. Weird, I feel like I’m on display.”

“You could’ve kept your boxers on,” Kyle smirked at his husband who glared at him.

His face going bright red, “I would have, if I’d been wearing any.”

Kasey followed behind waving his spare pull-up. “Unc Boo, ou bad wod ots!” The boy kept pace while lecturing his uncle the entire time.

Mason quickly jumped up grabbing the toddler as they reached the archway.

Levi wiped tears from his eyes from laughing so hard, “Pop, nice skirt!”

“Zip it ya brat,” Blu hissed at the young boy. “This is insane.”

Cody stared at Blu’s outfit trying to come up with something kind to say.

“I think it matches his eyes,” Cody stated with a shrug.

“Boy’s!” Blu admonished the boys while they sat in the front row – taking pictures with their phone.

When he glanced at the rest of the guests, all he saw were phones instead of faces, everyone taking photos with the exception of Nan, who was falling out of her seat laughing.

“You better say a farewell to your Missus, Judge, because tonight she dies.” Blu narrowed his eyes at the judge standing at the archway pretending he couldn’t hear Blu.

The judge snickered quietly, “Okay, Blu, stand by your husband, Kaleb and Davis take your place in front of me, please. I would like to state it is a privilege to be a part of this family, I’ve witnessed the chaos it can bring and the love that accompanies it.”

“Kaleb and Davis are here to be united in marriage. They have decided to exchange vows that they have written themselves.” The Judge stated as all eyes focused on the couple.

“Baby… I mean Davis, you are the most beautiful man I have known. You’ve been patient when I make a total ass outta myself. You loved me when Kyle wanted to kill me over spending a night in jail with Nan.” He snickered remembering their night in the pokie. “We’ve followed each other's dreams, together…” Kaleb wiped a stray tear from his face. “Tonight in front of our family, I want to declare my undying love for you as your friend and husband.”

Davis wiped the tears from his eyes.

“Leb, you have been my anchor, and kept me sane when I get overwhelmed. You’re funny, kind, and the most generous person I’ve ever met. Every day I’m thankful you picked me to love, you make life exciting even when things seem mundane. These past six years have been the best of my life. I love you with every inch of my being. Our future together is something I look forward to every morning when I see your beautiful face next to me. I love you.”

“Well wasn’t that just beautiful,” The Judge dabbed his eyes, “Kasey give your uncles their rings.”

Kasey dug in his little pocket producing them, “Ere ey are.” He handed the rings to Davis and Kaleb albeit the wrong ring but they sorted it out.

“Thanks, buddy, I made you cheesecake for doing a good job.” Kaleb smiled lovingly at his nephew.

“Yes!” Kasey pumped his arm as he danced a little jig in front of his family causing them to chuckle.

The men placed the rings on one another's finger while staring into each other's teary eyes.

“Ladies and Gentleman, it is my privilege to declare these men Husbands. I would like to present you Mr. Kaleb and Davis Hanson. You may kiss your husband.”

Kaleb pulled Davis in tightly kissing him to the point of stealing his breath away in front of their family.

Kyle’s eyes widened when the display of affection started becoming a bit provocative.

“Kaleb and Davis for God sake, we have kids here,” Kyle leaned in mumbling to his brothers.

Davis broke the kiss, resting his forehead on Kaleb’s shoulder while he caught his breath and giggled shyly.

“Sorry,” he mumbled.

*****

The staff of the restaurant quickly restored the floor to its natural state, setting up for the reception as the guests milled around congratulating the couple. Blu got mobbed by family members all wanting pictures with him. He played it up, might as well, payback’s a bitch and he got it in spades.

Kyle and Blu were seated at a table with Doug, Lily, Nan, and the Judge. The kids were all off at another table with other kids in attendance. Tony and Bella sat quietly chatting a few tables away with other teenagers.

“Mom, can you tell Kyle, I’m going to check that the kids are okay,” Blu said getting up from his seat pretending his husband wasn’t sitting right next to him.

“Uh… sure!” she looked at Kyle sympathetically.

“It’s okay Mom, he’s mad Kaleb got him really good.” Kyle smiled as he watched Blu.

Lily giggled, “It was good wasn’t it, which reminds me.”

Lily pulled twenty dollars from her purse, reaching to the table behind her giving the money to Casey, Davis’ sister. Which then triggered a procession of bills being given to Casey.

“Thank you,” she sung as each person handed her money.

Blu had thought about changing back into his suit, even though he didn’t know where they’d hidden it. Then he just went along with it and stayed in his ceremony clothes, what’s done is done.

“I’ll be back,” Kyle stated as he stood and headed toward Blu.

He came to a halt standing behind Blu, he glanced around then goosed his husband’s ass as he leaned into Blu.

“You’re one sexy piece of work Babe,” Kyle whispered gruffly.

Blu looked over his shoulder at his husband, just staring at him.

“Take a good look, because you won’t be getting any of it any time soon,” Blu said miserably.

“Oh, I have an idea of how to fix this,” Kyle grabbed Blu’s hand dragging him into Kaleb’s personal office.

They walked out of the office twenty minutes later, hair standing up all over the place, lips puffy, and their faces red from stubble rash. Blu was back in his suit, his shirt buttoned haphazardly, his fly still down.

“Jesus Blu,” Nan cried out as she neared him, “there are kids around for Christ’s sake, put yourself together.”

Kaleb was walking around and spotted Blu’s appearance, “You better not have been fucking on my desk, I have to work in there.” He growled as Kyle just smiled innocently holding his hands up.

“Nope.” Blu grinned. “The chair, up against the filing cabinet, the wall, the door, the printer, and I think I only did it on your keyboard not the desk. Tricky but doable.”

Blu closed his fly and skipped off as he tried to fix his shirt.

Kaleb looked at one of his young staff members, “Benjamin did the cleaning supplies come in today? I have to go disinfect my office, it has old people germs.”

Benjamin smiled, “Honey that room is gonna get lots of use by you and your husband.” He snickered and walked off whispering to a female member of the waitstaff.

Davis approached his parents cautiously, “Thank you for coming, it means a lot to me,” he said to them.

His Dad’s face was rigid showing no emotion.

“Yes, well, your mother threatened to divorce me if I didn’t come.” The man didn’t even look at Davis when he spoke.

Davis could feel the sting in the back of his eyes, Brandon was standing nearby and grabbed Davis pulling him away.

“Don’t listen to him Davis, he’s an unfeeling miserable asshole who gets off on seeing others hurt,” Brandon pulled his brother into the kitchen finding Kaleb scrubbing the office.

Brandon tilted his head at Kaleb, “Ah, what are you doing Kaleb?” he asked tersely.

“Blu!” Kaleb scrubbed at his desk, “He got even, all those times we used the laundry room.” He mumbled under his breath.

All the tension released out of Davis as he burst out laughing, he wasn’t sure if it was because of Blu or if he just needed to do something other than cry.

Kaleb wiped his brow and looked up, “Is everything okay?”

“What did Blu do?” Brandon’s eyes flicking curiously between Kaleb’s sour expression and Davis hysterically laughing.

Kaleb’s hand started flailing while pointing, “They fucked there, and there, and there, and over there. And oh my god I’m pretty sure they even fucked on my filing cabinet. How disgusting!”

Kasey heard Kaleb’s ranting and wandered in, his hand were both stretched out.

“Unc Leb, bad wods,” Kasey glared.

“I’m gonna kill Blu, fucking bast…” Kaleb caught himself before more damage was done.

Kaleb dug into his pocket pulling a twenty out trying to give it to Kasey who stood shaking his head. After pulling an additional twenty out Kasey accepted his reparations and walked away.

“You guys are crazy, all of you!” Brandon laughed as he walked away leaving Kaleb to see after his brother.

“We really have to stop cursing around the kids, jeez.” Davis shook his head. “Come dance with me, Leb.”

Kaleb took Davis’ hand and they went out and danced to the love songs that were playing softly.

“Baby, I want what Kyle and Blu have. I’m ready, you’d make a great Dad.” Kaleb laid his head on Davis’ shoulder as they swayed.

“Sounds good to me Leb, but I want at least one baby with your beautiful face.” Davis kissed Kaleb as they swayed.

“We can find a surrogate, they have a clinic downtown.” Kaleb smiled.

Davis pecked Kaleb on the lips, “Let’s do it.”

Well there you have it, emotions, payback, revenge... what a chapter this one was to write. Kasey offering Blu one of his spare pull-ups before the ceremony was adorable. Let us know what you think and leave us feedback. Thanks for reading!

A special thank you to our Beta-Readers who find ways for us to tweak our story and catch mistakes that we sometimes overlook.
Copyright © 2018 Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 28
  • Haha 16
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

And nobody lifted Blu's kilt to confirm he was going commando? With this bunch, I’d have expected it to be up more often than it was down! Or was it some sort of mini-kilt that failed to cover everything?  ;-)

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Har de har har! I've bought waterproof mascara!

Maybe we can all chip in and get your mascara tattooed!  ;-)

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

And nobody lifted Blu's kilt to confirm he was going commando  

I think there were some phones placed on the ground in record mode facing upward during the recessional.  I recall Nan doing that during the ceremony.  Lol. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Now THAT is a wedding! Kasey is gonna be rich🤑, Kaleb and Davis as parents is going to be scary, for the rest of us, but with the support system they have, they will be awesome ones😍. Do have to admit the ruffled shirt and kilt sounds so absolutely HAWT!!!! Too bad he swings opposite. I'd be having a blast checking the goods😇

And I will admit to loving "the penis enhancement on wheels":P

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Okiegrad said:

A little mini-Kaleb.....adorable!   Can’t wait!   

That is.....frightening. Absolutely frightening🤐

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

What a great chapter, the whole family worrying about the operation at the the beginning. Then the wedding that we have all been waiting for, it had everything you wanted fun, laughter, Blu in a kilt. I think Kaleb wanting to disinfect his office on his wedding day was amusing. A baby Kaleb sounds an amazing idea.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

So glad the surgery went well. The kids were taking it pretty hard. Lily is a fighter, and not ready to leave her grandchildren. I have to say, Kasey offering Blu one of his pull ups was so hilarious! He must have made some serious money with all of the bad words being said! Lol!! I think Kaleb and Davis would be great fathers. They would always have Blu and Kyle to go to for advice.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Wow! Every chapter just keeps getting better. Keep up the great work on this story. Can't wait till the next chapter.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

B)......................I wondered about the real reaction from Davis's parents, not surprised by his father however disappointed by his mother's non-verbal response.

Dangerous territory for this tit-for-tat juvenile prank humor as the stakes keep rising above each others expectations.  So far the only benefactor is a preschooler, who seems of making a fortune of a sure thing amongst his Uncles.  

Still the prognosis of Lilly seems at best a guessing unknown success. 

The situation with the church people is at an unknown impasse.

Hopefully the adoption of Cody still clears the courts, without interference by others.

 

Great chapter, great imagery of Blu's distress!!  :P 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Hmmm I would say this is deserved because of what Blu pulled on Kaleb at his wedding to Kyle except it isn’t deserved at all. Blu had a real tux for Kaleb to wear to the actual wedding and didn’t force him to wear the ugly, outdated one rather he just made him think he’d have to plus Kyle was a willing participant in this which would not make me happy as my husband would be either on my side or on the couch. Blu is Nan’s grandson so I hope he gets revenge on them all but I can’t see him pulling something that would be as humiliating nor as long lasting as you know they took photos of him dressed like that which is once again something Kaleb didn’t have to endure when Blue pulled his prank on him. This joke just seemed a little extra by comparison to what you assume this is revenge for and I don’t blame Blu being pissed. At the very least Kaleb would be paying me back for the money I lost from cussing in earshot of Kasey if I were Blu and I would let Kyle think the sex got him off the hook while planning my revenge on him because no way 20 minutes of sex would eliminate my irritation at him. Overall funny but I can’t help feeling a lot of sympathy for Blu along with imagining how I’d react so I guess it isn’t that funny to me.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Lily on the mend is the best news ever. Not sure why the kept the wedding secret from Blu. I didn't think it too bad a prank, many a Scotsman wear a kilt with pride. Congrats to Kaleb and Davis. Almost forgot, Charlie making a surprise appearance, I don't even remember anything about her and Liv breaking up. Brandon having served his country honorably and now home safe is good, their father the Colonel should just not have bothered turning up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..