Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 182 Words
  • 660 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

NaPoWriMo - 2017 - 15. April 15 : A Dream for Life

Prompt : Regrets OnlyGreen Answers to Blue Questions
Write a poem of questions with unlikely answers that somehow make poetic sense: green answers to blue questions. Generate some earnest or even pedestrian questions and give them wild and tangential answers. Or go anywhere you want with the idea of unexpected answers.

Two poems for the day. I had a dream about my Mr. Perfect. And the enthusiasm made me write one poem. I still have to master it. And the second one have the silly questions asked by my nephew. I still have more to remember, but because of writing at the last minutes, I can't remember many. But I'll soon update it. Hope you'll enjoy reading them...

 

A Dream for Life

With the dream of Mr. Perfect
A refreshing feeling emerged.
Not just for the part,
Or the whole day.
It effected
My spirit, and
Resurrected my soul
From the black hole
I created in my cores
And proved
A simple touch,
A pecky kiss,
Or a imaginary dream;
Enough to bring back the hopes
That almost bereft of life.

 

My Silly Nephew

Are you my momma since I was baby?
Days will change according to time
But not the sun which gives light to the world.

Are you a thief's uncle if I was a thief!?
It may change its directions
But a river always flows downhill.

:thankyou: to Val for helping me by providing me the prompts. :thankyou: to all for reading, liking, and reviewing. All mistakes are undoubtedly mine.

~Emi.

Copyright © 2017 Emi GS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Both are intriguing poems. The contrast of the back hole of despair vs the lightness of a peach-touch is beautiful and effective. 

 

The silly nephew poem has a depth to it that belies the first reading...I really like it. I 'feel' it, if that makes sense. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I absolutely loved the first poem, Emi. :)  It had a feeling of promise -- from the dream of Mr. Right, lifting your mood and bringing you out of the depths of despair. I love the images portrayed here. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 17/04/2017 at 11:30 PM, AC Benus said:

Both are intriguing poems. The contrast of the back hole of despair vs the lightness of a peach-touch is beautiful and effective. 

 

The silly nephew poem has a depth to it that belies the first reading...I really like it. I 'feel' it, if that makes sense. 

 

The dream had felt so real that, I can still remember the warm touch as we are hugging and the sweet kiss. I felt like I was in heaven. And all the misery I built around myself melted and I know then that there is still hope. And my nephew had so many questions, the silly ones, I forgot lot of them. I can even remember them. So the poem had been short otherwise there would be more stanzas than these. He is so adorable asking those kind of questions. And my answers were always give him brightside of the knowledge. Thanks for taking your time to read this and thanks for these amazing review. 

 

~Emi. 

Link to comment
On 21/04/2017 at 9:31 AM, Lisa said:

I absolutely loved the first poem, Emi. :)  It had a feeling of promise -- from the dream of Mr. Right, lifting your mood and bringing you out of the depths of despair. I love the images portrayed here. :)

 

:hug:Thanks Lisa. Sometimes simple things make their mark upon us and change our perspective of life. And this dream of Mr. Perfect had this kind of effect on me. Thanks for reading and thanks for these kind words...

 

~Emi. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..