Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 184 Words
  • 768 Views
  • 8 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

NaPoWriMo - 2017 - 12. April 12 : 10PM, 25 June '07

Prompt : What Time is It?
Let your title be a time of day or night. It needn’t be five o’clock. Go anywhere this takes you.

As I checked back my journal, I found out something I had written about some girl I had seen, twice, and fall for her beauty. And I had written some poetry out of it. So I hope you guys will enjoy my Straight side of attractions... :*)

 

10PM, 25 June '07

It's a Monday, 25th June of 07
A late night, about 10 O'clock.
My heart stopped beating for a sec
And my soul found a new reason
She stands three steps ahead
Fascination filled with awe

My eyes darted to her honey browns
And her soft pinkish lips
Plants a smile of shell teeth.
A chunk like smooth neck
With beads of sweat shines along.
Rose petals painted red to her halfsaree
Loose strands of hair waft, mimicked clouds

Our eyes were in deep trance
Whole world disappeared for us
Only the sound of my heart
Tagging along with her anklets
We forget the universe
And travel beyond worlds of worlds
There we find the connection
Between love and serenity
Finally, To drift apart
As the real world called for us.

:thankyou: to Val for helping me by providing me the prompts. :thankyou: to all for reading, liking, and reviewing. All mistakes are undoubtedly mine.

~Emi.

Copyright © 2017 Emi GS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Emi! I LOVED this poem! The ending was just so WOW! I really enjoyed this!

 

And I'm pretty sure Asamvav is talking about the first stanza:  My stooped beating for a sec

 

Should it be: 'My heart stopped beating for a sec' ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I think this is the strongest of the lot so far.  Encounters such as this are so rife with possibilities, but then we go on our way, our hearts a little happier.  Great job. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 13/04/2017 at 2:41 AM, Lyssa said:

A very sweet moment captured in words!

 

Indeed it is. I would never forget such an encounter and I am glad after all these years I had put it into poetry. And thanks for reading and reviewing. :)

 

~Emi. 

Link to comment
On 13/04/2017 at 3:50 PM, asamvav111 said:

A wonderful poem but you are missing a heart.

 

May be the thoughts of that angel was the reason for the missing heart. But I have corrected it in words. Thank you for the compliment and reading and reviewing Sas. :)

 

~Emi. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 14/04/2017 at 8:38 AM, Lisa said:

Emi! I LOVED this poem! The ending was just so WOW! I really enjoyed this!

 

And I'm pretty sure Asamvav is talking about the first stanza:  My stooped beating for a sec

 

Should it be: 'My heart stopped beating for a sec' ?

 

Awwww. Thank you Lisa. Glad to hear you enjoyed reading this. And as Asamvav and you pointed, I have corrected the mistake. Thank you for reading and reviewing. :)

 

~Emi. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/05/2017 at 3:08 AM, Valkyrie said:

I think this is the strongest of the lot so far.  Encounters such as this are so rife with possibilities, but then we go on our way, our hearts a little happier.  Great job. :)

 

Encounters such as this, 

so rife with possibilities.

Then we go on our way,

our hearts a little happier.

 

I, myself,  can't portray those beautiful moments better than this. Such a wonderful and poetic review. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate it. :)

 

~Emi. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..